AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-11-06, 18:09   Link #201
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Again, this has nothing to do with Yato. In fact, it probably was what her brother told her before going away what left her confused about her future. He told her that she shouldn't just do what others expect from her, or something like that. And since she was unsure that taking on the hospital was what she wanted, she didn't know what to do.
It involved Yato when Hiyori was using her spirit body to look after him instead of taking care of her personal life. Somewhere down the line she started to leave her body willingly to follow Yato, and his life became an escape for her.

That's what Tenjin was warning Yato about, and why he urged Yato to cut his ties with her.

It just didn't become a real issue until Fujisaki cornered her.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-06, 20:15   Link #202
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
It involved Yato when Hiyori was using her spirit body to look after him instead of taking care of her personal life. Somewhere down the line she started to leave her body willingly to follow Yato, and his life became an escape for her.

That's what Tenjin was warning Yato about, and why he urged Yato to cut his ties with her.
Don't mix Tenjin's pov with what Hiyori actually feels or how her character is developing. Tenjin did think that Yato's relationship with Hiyori was harmful and they should part ways. But Hiyori never felt that way. She never thought that her time with Yato was making her neglect her life or that it was becoming a means to escape from her responsibilities.

Quote:
It just didn't become a real issue until Fujisaki cornered her.
Fujisaki exploited the idea that Yato's relationship with Hiyori was harmful to confuse both Yato and Hiyori. It worked with Yato somewhat, which was the reason he stayed away from her for a while. But it didn't work with Hiyori. She stood strong to her convictions, and didn't try to separate from Yato or anything like that. She even thought it was silly for Yato to worry about that stuff.

Hiyori's stronger than Tenjin and Fujisaki give her credit for.
Old 2015-11-06, 23:15   Link #203
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Fujisaki exploited the idea that Yato's relationship with Hiyori was harmful to confuse both Yato and Hiyori. It worked with Yato somewhat, which was the reason he stayed away from her for a while. But it didn't work with Hiyori. She stood strong to her convictions, and didn't try to separate from Yato or anything like that. She even thought it was silly for Yato to worry about that stuff.

But it did work with Hiyori. She turned Ayakashi after the hospital incident. And while she was struggling, it was made quite clear that Yato was her escape.

Quote:
Hiyori's stronger than Tenjin and Fujisaki give her credit for.
But Yato isn't. Tenjin's main concern was that Yato was the bad influence, which isn't entirely wrong considering his track record.

Before Ebisu's death opened his eyes, it had been mostly been Hiyori giving Yato guidance while he just did whatever he wanted to survive. Hiyori kept getting more involved with Yato's life, while Yato didn't really start giving Hiyori any guidance until the hospital incident.

Even with the matchmaking, they still tease the idea that Hiyori likes a good-for-nothing. Despite what Hiyori thinks, Yato wasn't a good influence on her until relatively recently
Old 2015-11-07, 00:20   Link #204
Kazu-kun

Quote:
But it did work with Hiyori. She turned Ayakashi after the hospital incident. And while she was struggling, it was made quite clear that Yato was her escape.
What got to Hiyori in the hospital was what happened to her mother. Fujisaki convinced her that it was her fault, and Hiyori momentarily lost it. But after Yato snapped her out of it, she immediately understood that it wasn't her fault at all. It was Fujisaki's fault. That's why she didn't avoid Yato afterwards. If she did, it would have meant that Fujisaki won, since he pulled all this crap with the sole purpose of separating Hiyori from Yato (because thanks to Hiyori, Fujisaki can't control Yato!!)
Quote:
But Yato isn't. Tenjin's main concern was that Yato was the bad influence, which isn't entirely wrong considering his track record.
Tenjin's missing the big picture. Hiyori is what's keeping Yato away from Fujisaki. She's why Yato decided to stop working for Fujisaki and try to become a God of Fortune instead. She's a good influence for him, and she's too strong to get negatively influenced by him.

Quote:
Before Ebisu's death opened his eyes, it had been mostly been Hiyori giving Yato guidance while he just did whatever he wanted to survive. Hiyori kept getting more involved with Yato's life, while Yato didn't really start giving Hiyori any guidance until the hospital incident.
Yato's guidance was just reminding her that she's not the kind of girl to run away from something just because it's painful. It didn't change her as a person. It's Yato himself who is changing thanks to Hiyori.

Quote:
Even with the matchmaking, they still tease the idea that Hiyori likes a good-for-nothing. Despite what Hiyori thinks, Yato wasn't a good influence on her until relatively recently
He wasn't a bad influence either. That was just what Fujisaki wanted Yato (and Hiyori) to believe, because he wanted to separate them. But it wasn't true.
Old 2016-01-02, 13:32   Link #205
larethian

Anyone knows which volume the anime ended at? Am getting the tanks.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-03, 13:50   Link #206
SweetRain
のろい~

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Anyone knows which volume the anime ended at? Am getting the tanks.
It's a bit tricky because the anime messed around a little with the chapters and the OVAs but, I think the second season ended around volume 10 - 11 or something.
SweetRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-04, 06:34   Link #207
Nicaea

With the way things are going, I doubt that Hiyori will be alive at the end of this manga. Tenjin didn't warn her because he thinks poorly of her, he warned her because she's getting herself into more and more danger. This would be a different matter if she could defend herself, but she can't even fight an Ayakashi. Things are evolving into a war, and she's headed for the role of collateral damage.
Nicaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-04, 11:48   Link #208
Kazu-kun

Noragami isn't Akame ga Kill. It doesn't kill off main characters.
Old 2016-01-04, 15:51   Link #209
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

If anything, Hiyori will probably get a power up. It's been established that she's unique beyond her ability to astral project. Heck, she's literally tangled with Yato's fate forever now. The most devoted are considered the most rewarded, and she's basically the High Priestess of Yato.
Old 2016-01-06, 01:59   Link #210
Fairy Water

New chapter out and it feels weird how you see your own ship saying they will never sail

Hiyori is being unnecessary here. I dunno if it's a good idea if she tries to attack Yato's dad, he just didn't kill her because doesn't feel like to, at that moment.

Quote:
Tenjin's missing the big picture. Hiyori is what's keeping Yato away from Fujisaki. She's why Yato decided to stop working for Fujisaki and try to become a God of Fortune instead. She's a good influence for him, and she's too strong to get negatively influenced by him.
So untill Yato becomes an offical god of fortune, and is worshiped by human, his life time is still depend on his father, right?
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-06, 09:19   Link #211
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy Water View Post
New chapter out and it feels weird how you see your own ship saying they will never sail
Not that it wasn't obvious, really.
Old 2016-01-06, 09:40   Link #212
Fairy Water

^ Fine by me though cause the main ship of this series will not likely become canon anyway ~
Old 2016-01-06, 09:54   Link #213
Kazu-kun

Such a salty remark.

We'll see about that though. I get the feeling they're building Hiyori up to be a little more than an ordinary human. For example, the ability to see things from the far shore is something that runs in her family. Why? There's a mystery to be resolved there. Also, I don't think it's a coincidence that Hiyori's family name is Iki, like the Iki clan who built the first shrine to Tsukuyomi.

And just to be clear, I'm not saying she's not human. I'm just saying she might not be just an ordinary human. I mean, Yato's dad is human too, yet he clearly has more than a few supernatural abilities. So humans with supernatural powers is not something unprecedented in this series.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2016-01-06 at 10:27.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-06, 11:01   Link #214
Fairy Water

Human or not, in the end she will have to choose between her human friends and family OR Yato. Both cannot exist together, unless she stays single all the way until she dies (in normal human's eyes) is the only way she can stay with Yato with her human life span.

I assume that Hiyori will grow old and then moving on. Yato, even if he isn't an immortal or reincarnated god, his life span is way longer than Hiyori. Idk who decide his appearance now or how many year would it take for a god to age but I'm pretty sure when Hiyori is in her 60s, Yato might still look the same.

A good ending for this series is Yato will no longer depend on his father anymore cause Hiyori and her new families (for example grandchildrens and their own families) will worship him with a real shrine.

Another option is to become sth like Yato's dad but I doubt she could. He is from accient era with magic's knowledge and stuff while Hiyori now is just a normal high school girl in ayakashi form.
Besides, if she becomes sorcerer means become enemy with Heaven.

Quote:
For example, the ability to see things from the far shore is something that runs in her family.
Has this detail been confirmed as sth special in her family in manga?

Cause it's pretty normal when an ayakashi is strong, its presence can be read by human.
Old 2016-01-06, 11:16   Link #215
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Human or not, in the end she will have to choose between her human friends and family OR Yato. Both cannot exist together, unless she stays single all the way until she dies (in normal human's eyes) is the only way she can stay with Yato with her human life span.
Sure they can. Hiyori has been balancing her human and supernatural life for a while now. It's not like either one of them wants to marry and have kids with each other.

Quote:
I assume that Hiyori will grow old and then moving on. Yato, even if he isn't an immortal or reincarnated god, his life span is way longer than Hiyori. Idk who decide his appearance now or how many year would it take for a god to age but I'm pretty sure when Hiyori is in her 60s, Yato might still look the same.
Why does this matter? Neither one of them realize they're romantically interested in one another. Yato has already said he's not going to take her until she's old and grey. They can love each other without it resorting to sex, you know.

Quote:

Cause it's pretty normal when an ayakashi is strong, its presence can be read by human.
Hiyori (and her brother) inherited it from their grandmother.

It was fairly straightforward. They can see everything, while the Iki parents can't.
Old 2016-01-06, 11:32   Link #216
Kazu-kun

Quote:

Who cares if she grows old and he doesn't? If their connection was so shallow that growing old is a problem, I wouldn't want them together either. But that's not the case.

Quote:
Yes. They inherited it from their grandmother.
Old 2016-01-06, 21:13   Link #217
Fairy Water

It's natural for a man and woman in love want to build their own family ~ if not, they r more like BFF to me.

Sure they can. Hiyori has been balancing her human and supernatural life for a while now.
I don't think you can call falling asleep while studying in class or eating or making your own family worry is balance. Hiyori herself has trouble to balance it, that's why so ask Yato to fix her.

Neither one of them realize they're romantically interested in one another.
It's pretty obvious they like each other already and the feelings only get stronger ~ so how about we stop pretending they don't?

And you guys seem haven't considered my point about the age stuff.
1. It feels dif when your lover or your friend die because of old age.
2. It feels weird when you r the only one getting old while the one you love is still young, this affects heavily on girls.

Well, this is a matter of far future. If the authors just ignore those facts above then miracle can happen.
Old 2016-01-06, 21:41   Link #218
Kazu-kun

Quote:
It's natural for a man and woman in love want to build their own family ~ if not, they r more like BFF to me.
Gods can't have children. They're born from wishes.

Quote:
I don't think you can call falling asleep while studying in class or eating or making your own family worry is balance. Hiyori herself has trouble to balance it, that's why so ask Yato to fix her.
She stopped asking him to fix her a long time a ago.

Quote:
Because it doesn't matter. I mean, yeah, it could be a problem, but problems are meant to be overcome. Look at Hiyori, for example. Fujisaki fucked up her hospital and harmed her family just to make her stay away from Yato. Did it work? Nope, it didn't. She's not going to let hardship stand in the way of what she wants. It's the same for any other problem you could come up with. She's going to overcome every single one of them. And she's teaching Yato to be that kind of man too. Until Yato met Hiyori he never dared to defy his father. But now he does, and it was Hiyori who inspired him to be that way (and Ebisu too, to some extent).
Old 2016-01-07, 23:47   Link #219
Shadow5YA

Quote:

Sure they can. Hiyori has been balancing her human and supernatural life for a while now.
She stopped asking Yato to fix it ages ago.

Not only that, her sleeping spells have been entirely voluntary since Yukine's purification.

Quote:
Neither one of them realize they're romantically interested in one another.
It's pretty obvious they like each other already and the feelings only get stronger ~ so how about we stop pretending they don't?
Who's pretending? The straw man you're talking to?

There are more forms of love than sexual attraction.

Quote:
1. It feels dif when your lover or your friend die because of old age.
2. It feels weird when you r the only one getting old while the one you love is still young, this affects heavily on girls.

Well, this is a matter of far future. If the authors just ignore those facts above then miracle can happen.
Yato is aware that he's a god and that Hiyori is only human. He made peace with that several chapters ago and was ready to distance himself from her life.

He could also have easily just tied his plaque together with Hiyori's, but the thought never crossed his mind. Hiyori doesn't have to bear Yato's child for him to desire nothing but her happiness.
Old 2016-01-08, 01:19   Link #220
Kazu-kun

Quote:
He could also have easily just tied his plaque together with Hiyori's, but the thought never crossed his mind.
This is sort of a tangential comment, but I think it's not that he didn't want to do that. Rather, I think he doesn't see himself as worthy of her love. Even now he's still unable to see himself in a positive light.

That's also the real reason he started to distance himself from her. He felt guilty for what happened to her family and all that. He saw it more as his fault than Fujisaki's, so he started to avoid her. He was just running away though, and Yukine could tell. That's why he was constantly encouraging Yato to go see Hiyori again back then.

All in all I think Yato is fairly aware that he's in love with Hiyori. But he'll never make a actual move on her because he doesn't think he deserves her.

Things are starting to change though. Slowly, one step at a time, he's definitely gaining a little bit of self-esteem. And some day, probably at the end, he'll be ready to tell her how he feels.