AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-04, 16:22   Link #201
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
No, because now Mikuru has gone back to the future, so there's only one Mikuru. Kinda.
But presumably there would still be instances when the time travelers would have to take an action that the Mikuru in the present couldn't know about, so they'd send another, older version of Mikuru back in time...
Old 2009-06-04, 16:25   Link #202
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sute443 View Post
But presumably there would still be instances when the time travelers would have to take an action that the Mikuru in the present couldn't know about, so they'd send another, older version of Mikuru back in time...
How? They'd have to contact her and I'm pretty sure there's rules against going into the future unless they know that they went into the future.

Why not just send back someone else?
Old 2009-06-04, 16:39   Link #203
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

This would assume Mikuru(small) returns to her own present after graduation, and Mikuru(BIG) takes on the role of a teacher/advisor for the SOS-dan in Haruhi's third year.

Thus Mikuru wouldn't have seen Kyon in a long time because she went back to the future, but Kyon would still be seeing Mikuru, but the older (hotter) version. Having Haruhi still use Mikuru is this case might be even weirder since Haruhi may or may not know that this is still Mikuru, and this would be even more a senior/elder since she would be classified as a teacher.

The question is...who would come back to give Mikuru(BIG) or Kyon instructions during that third year if Mikuru(BIG) no longer has a memory of these events because she wasn't there when she was Mikuru(small)?

(Actually, thinking about it...this is suppose to be based on how the author met his wife in high school. We (I guess) don't know anything about his wife really. What's to say that she isn't older than him? Or was a teacher?)
Old 2009-06-04, 16:42   Link #204
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
The question is...who would come back to give Mikuru(BIG) or Kyon instructions during that third year if Mikuru(BIG) no longer has a memory of these events because she wasn't there when she was Mikuru(small)?
Fujiwara (BIG), of course.
Old 2009-06-04, 17:37   Link #205
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
How? They'd have to contact her and I'm pretty sure there's rules against going into the future unless they know that they went into the future.

Why not just send back someone else?
What, and miss out on the delicious, delicious irony in having Mikuru(big) being knocked out and Mikuru(MILF) showing up to tell Kyon something that he needs to remember not to tell Mikuru(big), only to be knocked unconscious as she leaves and then Mikura(obaachan) waddles up with her walker and tells Kyon something else he needs to remember not to tell either of the other Mikurus...?
Old 2009-06-04, 17:46   Link #206
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
What, and miss out on the delicious, delicious irony in having Mikuru(big) being knocked out and Mikuru(MILF) showing up to tell Kyon something that he needs to remember not to tell Mikuru(big), only to be knocked unconscious as she leaves and then Mikura(obaachan) waddles up with her walker and tells Kyon something else he needs to remember not to tell either of the other Mikurus...?
Well, Haruhi IS a comedy series... >_>
Old 2009-06-04, 19:02   Link #207
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
only to be knocked unconscious as she leaves and then Mikura(obaachan) waddles up with her walker and tells Kyon something else he needs to remember not to tell either of the other Mikurus...?
Now that's just taking things too far. Still... the thought of that is priceless.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-06-04, 19:18   Link #208
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Just stopping at Mikuru(MILF) would be making some sort of statement. Basically...who's the father of this woman's child(ren)? Is it Kyon? Is she coming back to setup the situation so Kyon and Mikuru(BIG) have some alone time?
Old 2009-06-04, 19:21   Link #209
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Just stopping at Mikuru(MILF) would be making some sort of statement. Basically...who's the father of this woman's child(ren)? Is it Kyon? Is she coming back to setup the situation so Kyon and Mikuru(BIG) have some alone time?
Kinda awkward, as Mikuru (BIG) has like 8-10 years on him easily...
Old 2009-06-04, 19:27   Link #210
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That would make her 25 years old or so. Mikuru(MILF) would have some 20-30 years on him at least if things follow Key logic. Slightly awkward, but not outside of reason.

That is assuming that Mikuru(small) is a normally aging human. She could be some form of quick aging clone or something (which would be another reason to not give her age, since she might actually only be three years old or something like that...though the traditionals "women don't talk about their age" is good enough...since she's playful on that question.)
Old 2009-06-04, 19:35   Link #211
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
she might actually only be three years old or something like that
Please leave the "possibly only three years old" thing to Nagato. I'd rather not think of Kyon as a pedo
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-06-04, 19:37   Link #212
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Please leave the "possibly only three years old" thing to Nagato. I'd rather not think of Kyon as a pedo
(What's more, Kimidori might be even younger.)

For that matter, Kyon IS a pedo, as we will discover if and when any REAL second season emerges, heh.
Old 2009-06-04, 19:43   Link #213
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
For that matter, Kyon IS a pedo, as we will discover if and when any REAL second season emerges, heh.
You leave her out of this
Old 2009-06-04, 21:04   Link #214
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
[MOD NOTE: This post and resulting conversation thread are carried over from another thread.]

Oh, yeah, good idea (sorry for the off-topic).

So, by "Second Season" we are talking about the "Second First Season" or the "Real Second Season (TBA)"?

If the latter, I guess how many episodes will have. 14 or 28? I don't know if 4 novels (assuming that the new one will stop on the volume 6) are enough to 28 episodes, but 14 are too few. Well, maybe the Volume 11 wouldn't be as delayed as Volume 10.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2009-06-06 at 20:05. Reason: merge note
Old 2009-06-04, 21:10   Link #215
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Vol. 8 needs 4 episodes, Vol. 7 needs 7 episodes, and Vol. 9 needs about 3 or 4, probably 3. There's a LOT of internal monologue they could cut through.

So, heh, about 14 episodes for the rest of the novels released so far.

Speaking of new novel content... isn't the July Sneaker out soon?
Old 2009-06-04, 21:10   Link #216
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

14 is probably a safe bet. Even if Volume 11 is released by then, I don't think there will be enough material for 28 episodes if they decided to keep it a mostly straight adaptation.

*e* I'm gonna have to disagree that Intrigues needs seven episodes, unless you're adding Melancholy of Mikuru into it.
Old 2009-06-04, 21:12   Link #217
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
14 is probably a safe bet. Even if Volume 11 is released by then, I don't think there will be enough material for 28 episodes if they decided to keep it a mostly straight adaptation.
That'd be a huge cliffhanger though.

Just like for the novel readers.

Quote:
*e* I'm gonna have to disagree that Intrigues needs seven episodes, unless you're adding Melancholy of Mikuru into it.
Intrigues is very long for a light novel. And yes, I would be.
Old 2009-06-04, 21:19   Link #218
Heatth

But if they use volume 9 they will have to use the (unreleased) Volume 10 right? If so, 14 are realy too few.

But the Volume 9 is realy that short?

EDIT:

Lets hope that they ar not going to end in a cliffhanger. I read somewhere that the Volume 10 was supposed to be realeased short after Volume 9, so the cliffhanger was not intentional

I agree that Volume 7 is realy that big.
Old 2009-06-04, 21:26   Link #219
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
But if they use volume 9 they will have to use the (unreleased) Volume 10 right? If so, 14 are realy too few.

But the Volume 9 is realy that short?
Vol. 9 is three chapters and this ridiculously massive prologue.

Given it's still about the length of a normal book (even if there is little actual content), I'd suspect that one reason the two books were split up was due to length...

I may be underestimating/misremembering the amount of real content in Vol. 9, but I remember a lot of internal monologue. Like, more than usual.

Which is why it could fit into about 3 episodes.

Hmm. Assuming Vol. 10 is about 6-7 episodes in length and Vol. 11 is another short story book, they could definitely make another 28-episode season out of Vols. 7-11.
Old 2009-06-04, 21:54   Link #220
Heatth

The real content in Vol. 9 is realy small, but it is probably because it has too much conversation and the estory split.

The prologue is realy huge, but is hard to split in 2 episodes because it is basically a big conversation between Itsuki and Kyon. However, since most is a narration of a narration, maybe would be easy to cut.

If we follow the 3 episodes would be like this right?:

Dissociation Part I - Prologue
Dissociation Part II - Chapter 1 and 2
Dissociation Part III - Chapter 2 and 3

I think that chapter 3 deserve a full episode. But I guess that Astonishment Part I could include chapter 3. Is the same estory after all.
Closed Thread