Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-13, 06:32   Link #201
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well liked what I got to see in episode 2. As expected Tsuwabuki waking in Sumomo's bed was one hilarious event. Can't blame his reaction since it would be quite the shock, no such luck in it being a dream. Nice of the teacher though to forget to give a small piece of information like him turning back to a human during the day!

Nice work by him though telling her it was a dream. Plus we got to see the bond between Sumomo and Nao and how close those two are. Nao really was a really calm person considering the weirdness of the entire situation. Throwing in Sumomo not wanting to erase the feeling that went into washing the wet costume.

I like Tsuwabuki so far. He seems like a pretty nice guy even if he is a bit indifferent and not that social. Can understand the guy and we can already see him interacting more. Lengths he went to find a way to keep Nao's memory from being erased for Sumomo's sake. Plus the nice chat in the rain. Guess we'll get to see how he uses the information he has as Yuki when he's interacting with Sumomo as Tsuwabuki.
Old 2007-07-13, 07:12   Link #202
niwasatou
mind the gap
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to niwasatou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
Ah I dont know if id call him a loser per-se...More like a rather indifferent fellow heh. At the start he doesnt seem really interested in much of anything, but already in episode 2 you can see him warming up to aki.

Personally he's one of the more enjoyable to watch male leads i've seen in awhile. He keeps his cool for the most part and doesnt act like a buffoon. Not perverted, but also isnt completely ignorant of the girl close to him etc, etc.
Well, that's why I chose to say "rather". He's not a loser, with that I agree completely. But he's far from being a cool/sarcastic/perverted macho type.
So, yeah, let's call him the Tsuwabuki-type male, if that's okay with you.
Old 2007-07-13, 07:16   Link #203
FireChick

Episode 2 is out subbed and I'm going to watch it on Veoh.
Old 2007-07-13, 08:25   Link #204
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well liked what I got to see in episode 2. As expected Tsuwabuki waking in Sumomo's bed was one hilarious event. Can't blame his reaction since it would be quite the shock, no such luck in it being a dream. Nice of the teacher though to forget to give a small piece of information like him turning back to a human during the day!

Nice work by him though telling her it was a dream. Plus we got to see the bond between Sumomo and Nao and how close those two are. Nao really was a really calm person considering the weirdness of the entire situation. Throwing in Sumomo not wanting to erase the feeling that went into washing the wet costume.

I like Tsuwabuki so far. He seems like a pretty nice guy even if he is a bit indifferent and not that social. Can understand the guy and we can already see him interacting more. Lengths he went to find a way to keep Nao's memory from being erased for Sumomo's sake. Plus the nice chat in the rain. Guess we'll get to see how he uses the information he has as Yuki when he's interacting with Sumomo as Tsuwabuki.
Tsuwabuki realizes that he has two different roles to play with regards to his relationship with Sumomo: one as Yuki-chan, who is Sumomo's close confidant and emotional "crutch", and one as Tsuwabuki. His importance to her as Tsuwabuki-kun isn't realized yet by the two of them, but when they do, it's quite a touching moment.
Old 2007-07-13, 08:33   Link #205
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by niwasatou View Post
He's not a loser, with that I agree completely. But he's far from being a cool/sarcastic/perverted macho type.
In other words, he's not Kyon or Yuuichi. And I agree, let's call him a Tsuwabuki-type male lead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Also a question for game players (i'll be on myself next week :3), do we ever get to see Sumomo's Mother? Just the talk about her in the second episode had me wondering what her appearance is, especially having such a cute daughter.
I'll just say that... she's the coolest mum I've ever encountered in this bishoujo business. In a sense she's more girly than Shigure Ama (Asa's mum) from SHUFFLE! Also, I couldn't get past the feeling that Sumomo will grow up to be just like her. Haru is one lucky~ guy.
Old 2007-07-13, 11:41   Link #206
ipernorris

I saw this is seinen: does this mean it isn't too much retarded, right?
Old 2007-07-13, 11:54   Link #207
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
Only in Sumomo's ending.

She's...quite a surprising one, that's for sure.
Interesting. I'll be sure to stick to her once i start playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toua View Post
I'll just say that... she's the coolest mum I've ever encountered in this bishoujo business. In a sense she's more girly than Shigure Ama (Asa's mum) from SHUFFLE! Also, I couldn't get past the feeling that Sumomo will grow up to be just like her. Haru is one lucky~ guy.
Heh, hearing this makes me nice and happy. Looks like i'll have a wonderful bonus to look forward to at the end.
Old 2007-07-13, 12:55   Link #208
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toua View Post
even more so than yukino's mother in nagasarete airantou? im seeing a pattern on how father's these days are so lucky to get great wives ~ example would be kona's mum in L*S

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-07-13, 15:56   Link #209
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by niwasatou View Post
Well, that's why I chose to say "rather". He's not a loser, with that I agree completely. But he's far from being a cool/sarcastic/perverted macho type.
So, yeah, let's call him the Tsuwabuki-type male, if that's okay with you.
Haha sorry sorry...Watching so many shows and by extension following so many threads is wearing on my comprehension skills I think.

And thats a fair enough label for him heh...As for cool anime mom's ill add nagasumi's mom from seto. Her constant neglecting of her husband is always good for a laugh.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2007-07-13, 16:15   Link #210
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Agree it should be interesting once Tsuwabuki realizes his importance as himself to Sumomo. In a sense it's really useful to have that Yuki-san form since it's the one time when she opens up to him and he can get a view to her real self. No doubt he was surprised to see such a shift when she's at home.

Sumomo's mom has to be one interesting woman. Sending her daughter a magical girl outfit is great stuff . Hope we'll see her down the road since she's got to be a fun character.

Yeah Nagasumi's mom is pretty cool. Though I'd feel bad for the father. Both his wife and....son go out of it whenever they see "Masa-san..."
Old 2007-07-13, 20:43   Link #211
Robotnik
Not a member

Quote:
Sumomo's mom has to be one interesting woman. Sending her daughter a magical girl outfit is great stuff . Hope we'll see her down the road since she's got to be a fun character.
Having recently re-watched Okusama wa Mahou Shoujo,
Spoiler for my guess:
Old 2007-07-14, 13:05   Link #212
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotnik View Post
Having recently re-watched Okusama wa Mahou Shoujo,
Spoiler for my guess:
Spoiler:

Seems like some of these guys really luck out in getting some nice wives. Though too bad since she doesn't live with them right now.

Find Sumomo and Tsuwabuki interesting as a pair. Both seem to have trouble with conversations (well Sumomo is pretty active with Nako and at home). Their walk home was interesting to watch as Tsuwabuki even with the information as Yuki tried help her with the conflict she was going through.

Next week should be one to see with the arrival of the 'rival'. Though I kinda find a battle funny, bring on the spoons war! Really how on earth do you fight with a spoon anyway? Maybe it'll be some challenge then we'll have the two running around swinging at drops while that wolf beat the heck out of Tsuwabuki.

Anyways, I do think it would be quite the odd situation (not that being a stuffed animal isn't odd) getting dried off like that by Nako. Guess I can understand his not agreeing for her to dry off his bottom.

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2007-07-14 at 14:31.
Old 2007-07-15, 01:31   Link #213
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
I really liked episode 2. Hehe waking up in her bed and then telling her it was a dream was just hilarious. XD

I just knew that he was going to transform back at that moment. XD

I just loved how they showed us Nao and Sumomo's bond. So cute at the end with the sign of trust thing. ^^

Looking forward to episode 3.

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Old 2007-07-15, 07:53   Link #214
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Nanatsuiro Drops. First Impressions

What Color is Fate?

It was a beautiful start on how they setup the story. Nanatsuiro Drops was my first chosen pick for the summer season, since watching a few screencaps at Omni's made my heart melt for the cute character design.

The sparklig, colorful, light effects work more wonderfully at night settings in my opinion.

Although the main female lead did not transform into her magical girl costume as it is tradition for the mahou-shoujo genre to do so right from the start, there was actually a first-transformation.
Spoiler:

This is an interesting pick of a plot device that the staff conjured for this magic-girl show. The fluffy animal won't be standing behind the sidelines as many pet companions to other magic-girl did.
Spoiler:

I'll be keeping the episodes, since I want to introduce the series to an old friend girl of mine, who is crazy-eyed on any magic-girl stuff.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-07-15, 08:52   Link #215
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
This is an interesting pick of a plot device that the staff conjured for this magic-girl show. The fluffy animal won't be standing behind the sidelines as many pet companions to other magic-girl did.
Spoiler:
It is. The character interactions are what drives the story: even Flora and the rest of Tsuwabuki's friends helps drive the story, and the main characters' developments. It's more evident in the eroge, since they have more time to show you each of the various interactions that occur.

By the way, you don't know how true your statements are.

Quote:
Spoiler:
I don't want to reveal any more details, but that is just the very tip of the iceberg. Kisaragi-sensei also knows that Supinias costs a lot of money when you want to hire one (for catching Hoshi no Shizuku, people, not for other reasons), for one thing.
Old 2007-07-15, 15:43   Link #216
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Yeah I'd agree that something is quite suspicious with that teacher. At the start I was almost thinking he had his own objectives for those star drops and would just be using Sumomo and Tsuwabuki. At least there is a lot more to this guy than you'd think at the start. Where he got all this information and the tools remains to be answered. Though I can't blame Tsuwabuki for being more concerned about his own situation.

Can't wait to see how things progress. Character interactions like that are always fun to watch. Since it's not just about the magical aspect. But how the character interactions between each other. Even in the second episode that relationship between Sumomo and Nako was huge and even Tsuwabuki really did everything he could to try and help things.
Old 2007-07-16, 06:36   Link #217
NeoSam

I don't think I posted this yet, here's the opening for the eroge:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDq6fFKJhNA

I love the opening, I have it on my cell ^_^
Old 2007-07-16, 08:14   Link #218
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Yeah I'd agree that something is quite suspicious with that teacher. At the start I was almost thinking he had his own objectives for those star drops and would just be using Sumomo and Tsuwabuki. At least there is a lot more to this guy than you'd think at the start. Where he got all this information and the tools remains to be answered. Though I can't blame Tsuwabuki for being more concerned about his own situation.
For a moment i was thinking he planned this all out, kind of like your usual Magical girl bad guy, though i can't see that being the case this time around. I'm just guessing he's from the other world, or has had teaching in the way of magic. I'll still keep the idea of 'bad guy' in my head though.
Old 2007-07-16, 18:54   Link #219
cyth
Banned

Spoiler for ep 03:

Spoiler for game spoiler related to 03:

Overall, it was a very touching episode. ;_;
Old 2007-07-17, 04:05   Link #220
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Wow, so it really looks as if each chapter is taken as an episode. I hope they don't skip out on things too much.

Tags
barcelona, bishoujo, drama, fantasy, magical girl, romance, seinen, supernatural, unionshift