AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2016-06-23, 18:20   Link #201
Ernietheracefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForwardUntoDawn View Post
Maybe it was a bad idea to watch this at the lab, when several students I'm supervising, and my supervisor, are around to see mine tears.
You should recommend this to your supervisor & your juniors..

While comparing Tamayura with Aria is more like comparing Vividred with SW.
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-23, 18:36   Link #202
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernietheracefan View Post
You should recommend this to your supervisor & your juniors..
It's actually good for anyone who's graduating. I can't believe how close this one hits home.
Old 2016-06-23, 21:32   Link #203
gdpetti

Pretty realistic ending for an SoL, with the usual graduation theme of high school students moving on to college or just life in general. The only bit that caught my attention was Fuu's new roommate, her professional photographer friend... that scene seemed a little rushed and not setup very well... I don't remember a scene in any previous films/eps to prepare us for that... a little too easy to wrap things up and push us towards the transition of post graduation, post grieiving/camera/father et al. Otherwise, this is a great example of how art and business can mix.... I hope the ratings and all from the business end turned out ok, anyone know about that? I like that it has an ending, like any good story and doesn't drag out for one season after the next like real popular shows do.... that only kills the mood and the story anyway, and this one was heading to a close all along, but in a sense that life begins and ends each and every day, season etc. The pace seemed to reflect that during the series and all of Sato's work... he does seem to show us how to do it right. It'd be interesting to see if tackle this SoL ability into other storylines... .such as post HS graduation... even if the symbolism of exiting HS and your teen years does realistically reflect reality.... your 20s are a plateau... and by the time you hit your 30s, it's all downhill...ask any athlete... the body doesn't lie, only the mind does that when we let it... or want it to... and it is in the mind that these stories come to life.

Someone mentioned the Editors Notes... and Fuu's decision.... where is that? sounds interesting.
gdpetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-24, 02:23   Link #204
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Wow, after six years or so, it's finally over.

It's sad to see this end for good, and what a great ending it was. It was very realistic and well done.

This is a rare slice of life show that you can relate to, and reflect back. Just watching this reminded me of my high school days and all the memories I created, and seeing how all your friends go their separate ways afterwards. In Tamayura, you see this happening in a very realistic way and it was well pace. No other slice of life show was able to exhibit this, not even K-ON! That last movie was not exactly a tear jerker, but there were times that I really wanted to because I knew that this part of the character's lives is over while a new one begins. At the same time everything won't be the same again.

It's late, I'll discuss more later.

Someone mentioned the Editors Notes... and Fuu's decision.... where is that? sounds interesting.

From the people that translated the last movie.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-26, 20:13   Link #205
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
For the record we discourage giving out links to fansubbing groups on the forums here.
Old 2016-07-03, 17:16   Link #206
Dextro
He Without a Title

Finally got around to watching this and now this warm, slightly bittersweet, smile just took up residence on my face and is having a really hard time leaving. I can't believe I've enjoyed this series quite as much as I did. Sure it had everything going for it when it started being basically the spiritual successor to the Aria anime adaptation but for some reason the original OVA didn't 100% click with me. Luckily the sequel just blew me away with far better probably due to the longer runtime to further flesh out the characters.

And now we get our ending with this fantastic series of 4 movies. Animation quality wasn't always high (movie 3 had some pretty awfully drawn scenes) but the writing, directing and sound composition have been absolutely spot on from start to finish.

Spoiler for Movie 4:

Thankfully this time I won't be feeling that bittersweet helplessness I felt when Aria the Origination ended with no more Junichi Sato healing goodness in sight. Amanchu is coming. All hail the glorious combo of Junichi Sato and Kozue Amano!
Old 2016-07-03, 17:40   Link #207
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Riho Shihomi is the photographer in me, hey look we have the same camera. I was surprised to find out that she used the same camera that I own. I almost got a D610 (Fuu's new camera) at some point before.

Now that Tamayura is finally over, who is the photographer in you?
Old 2016-07-03, 21:53   Link #208
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Such a wonderful ending and Sayomi is such a good driver didnt even scratch the pain as well make good time Fuu did such a good job with that camera

10/10 Going to miss everyone
Old 2016-07-04, 04:22   Link #209
Pen3

I finally got around to watch the last two movies and it did not disappoint. I am going to miss Kanae, i just wished she had more scenes in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
Riho Shihomi is the photographer in me, hey look we have the same camera. I was surprised to find out that she used the same camera that I own. I almost got a D610
Very nice camera indeed and here is my baby. I got to try my brothers new α7S and oh boy did Sony step up their game. Especially in the video department.

Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-04, 10:40   Link #210
Julio C
Bury My Shell

I've never seen a Nikon Lens with a paint job that looks like a Canon lens. Is that a custom paint job or something?

I too will miss Kanae, she is now my second favorite character next to Kaoru.

Oh another thing, I didn't know season 2 had an OVA and I just watched it after thiking I've seen it all. It was a very special treat for me, and it was a very good episode.
Old 2016-07-04, 13:20   Link #211
Ernietheracefan

Manly tears ensues at the graduation scene..

Sadly, Miyu is dead before the recording session... May she RIP..

While comparing Tamayura with Aria is more like comparing Vividred with SW.
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-04, 14:54   Link #212
Pen3

Quote:
I've never seen a Nikon Lens with a paint job that looks like a Canon lens. Is that a custom paint job or something?

I too will miss Kanae, she is now my second favorite character next to Kaoru.

Oh another thing, I didn't know season 2 had an OVA and I just watched it after thiking I've seen it all. It was a very special treat for me, and it was a very good episode.
No, it is a limited edition for certain FX lenses. Really hard to find for a good price and when you do it is usually not in a very good condition.

They are available in 28-70/2.8, 70-200/2.8, 300/4, 400/2.8, 500/4, 600/4.

Last edited by Pen3; 2016-07-04 at 15:08.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 16:56   Link #213
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Although off topic, looks like I found another show that is like Tamayura and that show is Aria. I didn't know about that show's existence until now.
Old 2016-07-10, 17:11   Link #214
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Although off topic, looks like I found another show that is like Tamayura and that show is Aria. I didn't know about that show's existence until now.

You, sir, are in for a treat.
Old 2016-07-10, 17:21   Link #215
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Well I apologize in advance but I must spoil you something: the show ends eventually. I still feel that particular loss.
Old 2016-07-11, 14:54   Link #216
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
I'm amazed you've never heard of it. It's been hailed as the epitome of healing anime and a masterpiece for close to a decade now.
Old 2016-07-12, 00:28   Link #217
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm amazed you've never heard of it. It's been hailed as the epitome of healing anime and a masterpiece for close to a decade now.
Here I thought Tamayura was the epitome of this genre, the very definition of a slice of life. Just after watching through the first season halfway, I can already tell how great it's going to be for me.