AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2009-09-18, 14:02   Link #201
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Hum. Difference between Sasuke and Naruto when getting a power up?

Naruto has to train for it... while Sasuke just turns on his eye and lo and behold, a new power appears!

Figures people would be upset.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
TwilightHack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-18, 14:03   Link #202
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
He has all the Kages after him. Root has been after his head since day one. The Rookie 9 have foresaken him, and now Gaara. Sasuke's future indeed looks bleak. His powerups never stop though. I wonder what's next, and if Sasuke will accept Itachi's eyes.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-18, 14:13   Link #203
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
One thing I wonder though is if Sasuke does have Tsukuyomi. We knew from Itachi and the 3rd Datakook that when Itachi mastered Tsukuyomi and Amaterasu he awakened to Susanoo and Sasuke confirmed this chapter that this ability comes from mastering the MS in both eyes.
But was his 2nd MS mastered ability Tsukuyomi or his more personal ability to manipulate the flame of Amaterasu with his right eye?
I think that Kishimoto decided to not give Sasuke the tsukiyomi because it would be too powerful. The tsukiymi that Itachi used was godlike, and since it was said to have an instantaneous effect it would be logical that Sasuke begins his fights against kage level people by using it, but then the fight would end right in the beginning, that would be quite boring. For example KillerBee was able to break free of Sasuke's genjutsu, but if it were instantaneous then KillerBee would be in a come before he can get help from his demon. So tsukiyomi will remain itachi's trademark, while Sasuke's trademark is shape manipulation.

I think that Kishimoto at times buries the invincible jutsu with it's legendary user, and that's also the reason why the user is legendary, since nobody else is able to do that move, for example Nagato and his move that can simply kill someone by pulling out his soul from the body even without fighting, and Itachi who could beat a sannin with genjutsu just by looking at him using only normal sharingan, could send sharingan-Kakashi to coma (Itachi never wanted to kill kakashi as we know now, so tsukiyomi was never used to it's full extent).
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-18, 14:23   Link #204
james0246

Quote:
One thing I wonder though is if Sasuke does have Tsukuyomi. We knew from Itachi and the 3rd Datakook that when Itachi mastered Tsukuyomi and Amaterasu he awakened to Susanoo and Sasuke confirmed this chapter that this ability comes from mastering the MS in both eyes.
But was his 2nd MS mastered ability Tsukuyomi or his more personal ability to manipulate the flame of Amaterasu with his right eye?
The version of Susano'o attained may be indicitive of one's ability with both or either Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi. Since Itachi seemingly mastered both (or at least he could use both proficiently), he attained the yamabushi/tengu style Susano'o, but since Sasuke has only really mastered Amaterasu (taking it further than even Itachi), his Susano'o's form is different.

Or maybe, it could be that each user leans more towards one or the other initial MS techniques, and that consequently shapes their future use of Susano'o; so since Sasuke leans toward Amaterasu, he attained this darker form of Susano'o, but Itachi attained the lighter form due to his (over)use of Tsukuyomi...

Then again, it could be even simplier, and Sasuke simply doesn't like to use Tsukuyomi...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-18, 14:25   Link #205
Kafriel
Senior Guest

But wasn't the technique that Sasuke used in his fight wth Killerbee Tsukiyomi? Maybe he doesn't have a knack for it yet, he's never been the genjutsu master (although he does have some aptitude...). I think flame manipulation fits Sasuke better, his signature attack was initially a katon jutsu, so developing from that to enton looks more natural, if anything.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-18, 14:30   Link #206
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post
Hum. Difference between Sasuke and Naruto when getting a power up?

Naruto has to train for it... while Sasuke just turns on his eye and lo and behold, a new power appears!

Figures people would be upset.
See it bugs me a little when people say that...Sasuke has been shown training...not as much as naruto because the stories about naruto
Old 2009-09-18, 14:38   Link #207
SeanQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endrance View Post
See it bugs me a little when people say that...Sasuke has been shown training...not as much as naruto because the stories about naruto
Sasuke has had just about the same amount of screen time as Naruto...? Is the story really about Naruto...seems more like it's about Sasuke and everyone chasing his ass...
________
Jailbroken

Last edited by SeanQ; 2011-04-24 at 14:06.
SeanQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-18, 14:41   Link #208
Gaawa-chan
Determined to know beans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
I love it, but unless it was intended, I have one small nitpick since I'm a Temari fangirl. She has dark green eyes.
Temari's eyes have always been teal. O_o

Spoiler for Temari:

It's Kankuro that has dark green eyes. And Gaara's are aquamarine.

Good chapter. I hope we get to see some more jutsus from the siblings in the next one.
Gaawa-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-18, 14:55   Link #209
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
Sasuke has had just about the same amount of screen time as Naruto...? Is the story really about Naruto...seems more like it's about Sasuke and everyone chasing his ass...
Yeh but hes trained by himself and with orochimaru all that time but since we didnt see the training does that mean he didnt train as much as naruto...
ehh starting to sound like a sasuke fanboy meself
Old 2009-09-18, 14:55   Link #210
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
While I agree that the "chassing his ass" part of the story is a little unnecessary, there has been maybe 100 chapters focused on Sasuke (or the Uchiha clan), but the other 300 or so have been focused on Naruto with another 50 or so focused on the other characters (obviously, these are all estimations). And since the Uchiha clan was written since the beginning as being one of the pivotal parts of the overall story, the over-emphasize on the Uchiha clan over others, seems more than excuasable.
Old 2009-09-18, 16:40   Link #211
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Or maybe, it could be that each user leans more towards one or the other initial MS techniques, and that consequently shapes their future use of Susano'o; so since Sasuke leans toward Amaterasu, he attained this darker form of Susano'o, but Itachi attained the lighter form due to his (over)use of Tsukuyomi...
That makes sense, Tsyukomi is supposed to represent the Spiritual Word and Darkness thus Itachi's is more tengu like and has mythical/legendary weapons, however Amaterasu repreasents the Material World and Light which is why it looks different to Itachi's

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-18, 17:30   Link #212
tensashinigami
ヴァイザード

I hope he goes blind by the time he fights Naruto. Heavenly forbid, Kishimoto cannot make his favorite character die by a pitiful death, or he will make Naruto die at the end, and Sasuke realized and regreted what he has done to Konoha and Naruto turns good again. I'm getting annoy with the series if you cannot tell.
tensashinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-18, 17:40   Link #213
KidKoolAid

While I do not hate Sasuke , he is not my favorite character. There are only two grudges I have with Sasuke and his quick power ups is the fact that we see no real damage consequences of the techniques happening to him other than the bleeding which seems to not be phasing him.

My last problem might be get resolved in the next few chapters. That complaint was the Sasuke needs to go full heel. I am tired of him pussy footing around being evil and becoming bad ass. The series lacks as serious heel right now. Orochimaru was great as the series bad guy , but no other has taken his place (could have been pein , but we know how that ended). Madara seems to be the future threat , but other than prove his worth as a master at manipulation he is not physically threatening at all. You tend to forget how awesome he was before being beat by the 1st. All I am saying is I am ready for Sasuke to become a villain to the standards of Orochimaru. A great Hero always needs a great villain.
KidKoolAid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-18, 17:41   Link #214
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
I wonder if this is related to one of the comments made by one of Raikage's men. It was suggesting that the chakra Sasuke used for Susanoo is the same as the chakra he used for his earlier genjutsu. Even though one was regular Sharingan, and the other was MS. At that time, though, I assumed it may be related to Tsukiyomi (a not-yet-developed version, hence not strong enough to kill), since he had to close one of his eyes after he used his genjutsu technique.

Anyway, I think what you say is correct. Sasuke was using his left eye for Amaterasu, and right eye to manipulate the flame he created. Unless he can generate more techniques with each eye, he may not be able to use Tsukuyomi. That may also mean, if Itachi wouldn't have given Sasuke his Amaterasu technique, Sasuke may not have awaken its power. Instead he might have developed a completely different set of techniques.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tensashinigami View Post
I hope he goes blind by the time he fights Naruto. Heavenly forbid, Kishimoto cannot make his favorite character die by a pitiful death, or he will make Naruto die at the end, and Sasuke realized and regreted what he has done to Konoha and Naruto turns good again. I'm getting annoy with the series if you cannot tell.
If he goes blind, then that means, he will even get stronger, because he will then start using Itachi's eyes.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-18, 17:43   Link #215
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
While I agree that the "chassing his ass" part of the story is a little unnecessary, there has been maybe 100 chapters focused on Sasuke (or the Uchiha clan), but the other 300 or so have been focused on Naruto with another 50 or so focused on the other characters (obviously, these are all estimations). And since the Uchiha clan was written since the beginning as being one of the pivotal parts of the overall story, the over-emphasize on the Uchiha clan over others, seems more than excuasable.

Let's face it. Sasuke has been the MacGuffin of the story since the Rescue Sasuke Arc in Pt I. Except for the beginning of Pt II, where Gaara played the part for awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidKoolAid
My last problem might be get resolved in the next few chapters. That complaint was the Sasuke needs to go full heel. I am tired of him pussy footing around being evil and becoming bad ass. The series lacks as serious heel right now. Orochimaru was great as the series bad guy , but no other has taken his place (could have been pein , but we know how that ended). Madara seems to be the future threat , but other than prove his worth as a master at manipulation he is not physically threatening at all. You tend to forget how awesome he was before being beat by the 1st. All I am saying is I am ready for Sasuke to become a villain to the standards of Orochimaru. A great Hero always needs a great villain.
Sasuke will never be as evil as Oro. Madara is taking up the role of the heel now. But this is probably the most aggressive/evil we've ever seen Sasuke act taking into account that he doesn't have the cursed seal influencing him anymore.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-18, 18:05   Link #216
noven

Send a message via AIM to noven
Quote:
Originally Posted by tensashinigami View Post
You realize that Naruto his Kishimoto's favorite character, right? It was stated in an interview.
Old 2009-09-18, 18:22   Link #217
AnbuItachi

im pretty sure itachi mastered amaterasu... sasuke merely used it differently, from the few moments that we saw itachi fight, he never really had to change the form. everyone of his opponents were much weaker than him, while on the other hand sasuke is forced to face kages. if Sasuke's susanoo is a ultimate defence, what was itachi's with the mirror...? did the mirror just add more defence? lol
AnbuItachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-18, 19:05   Link #218
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

I dont think its out of character for sasuke to be able to change the shape of amaterasu its kinda like how he took the chidori and changed it
Old 2009-09-18, 19:19   Link #219
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnbuItachi View Post
im pretty sure itachi mastered amaterasu... sasuke merely used it differently, from the few moments that we saw itachi fight, he never really had to change the form. everyone of his opponents were much weaker than him, while on the other hand sasuke is forced to face kages. if Sasuke's susanoo is a ultimate defence, what was itachi's with the mirror...? did the mirror just add more defence? lol
The first chapter that Sasuke used Amaterasu in was called "A New Ability!?", and now C/Shi has gone on in great detail in describing just how superior Sasuke's Amaterasu is to Itachi's. So, for at least Amaterasu (and with all the known info that we have), we can clearly say that Sasuke surpasses Itachi.

That being said, the Yata Mirror reflects all attacks, while Susano'o just defends. So, there is a great difference between a Susano'o with the Yata Mirror and one without the Yata Mirror.
Old 2009-09-18, 19:28   Link #220
SeanQ

C and Shi are idiots lol...iono, might be pure fanoboyism, but I too think Itachi had just about the same amount of skill with Amaterasu...he was able to put it out afterall when Sasuke was burning...