Nvis
Where are the good animes

I like Mari.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-21, 22:27   Link #202
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
This is one time where I say the harem protag fully deserves the slaps he got. Takeru was an idiot. Walking in and the immediate incident was an unfortunate issue, happens. But he literally stands there dumbfounded for an extremely long time. Is pretty politely asked to step out for a moment and just stands there like an idiot.

Unfortunate situation for Mari. Losing her memory, locked up (naked I believe, so nice prisoner treatment there), has a bomb attached to her neck, and is thrown into a team with someone who openly wants to kill every magic user on the planet.....nice. Really sympathize with her there. Plus a pretty likable character considering her situation. So no complaints on her character for me.

Of course the intentional drama leaving that report so Ohtori can find it and get her hatred fires burning again. Fun times ahead next week.
Old 2015-10-21, 22:59   Link #203
Sword Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
This is one time where I say the harem protag fully deserves the slaps he got. Takeru was an idiot. Walking in and the immediate incident was an unfortunate issue, happens. But he literally stands there dumbfounded for an extremely long time. Is pretty politely asked to step out for a moment and just stands there like an idiot.

Unfortunate situation for Mari. Losing her memory, locked up (naked I believe, so nice prisoner treatment there), has a bomb attached to her neck, and is thrown into a team with someone who openly wants to kill every magic user on the planet.....nice. Really sympathize with her there. Plus a pretty likable character considering her situation. So no complaints on her character for me.

Of course the intentional drama leaving that report so Ohtori can find it and get her hatred fires burning again. Fun times ahead next week.
Cut Takeru a little slack here, it was his house and he looked so dumbfound/shocked about it happening at all that it time for register.

Also have suspion that the Chairman intentionally left that for Ouka to find. I after his fairly questionable behavior in episode 2, I wouldn't put it pass him.
Sword Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-21, 23:10   Link #204
Heir of the Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
I like Mari.
Everyone likes Mari.

And while I can understand the utility of Sanctioning a CAREFULLY MONITORED sorcerer int the service of mankind, one must be care to be ever vigilant against the temptations of the ruinous powers...
Heir of the Void is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-22, 10:26   Link #205
Domonkazu

if Ouka's seiyuu is Marina Inoue it would be perfect.
Domonkazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-22, 11:57   Link #206
HandofFate

Mari is pretty great
Old 2015-10-22, 13:08   Link #207
GDB

Mari sold me on the show. She better not get faded out once her "arc" ends like so many shows of this nature would do.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-22, 13:42   Link #208
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I'd still like a little more exposition on the setting and the history of magicians against Inquisitors because we're mostly having to assume things from inference, but in all honesty it probably wouldn't make much difference to me either way so whatever. The only thing I want is the plot to centre around Mari forever but that damn well ain't happening so I guess I might as well enjoy it while it lasts. Decent episode.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-22, 16:37   Link #209
Arya

Ah-a, here we are again. Not a surprise obviously. But I liked it, the music and Mari behaviour were cute, considering the trope they were put into.
Also fun way to introduce a little sister character out of the blue
Anyhow, I like both Ootori and Mari and the episode was fine.
I'm also pretty sure that the Chairman left intentionally Mari's resume to be found by Ootori, that seems his MO after all. But not sure what he is trying to accomplish yet.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-22, 16:46   Link #210
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by askara View Post
Holy crap that Spell is cringy as hell

"who kill the cock robin
with my lance and sword
I killed the cock robin"

dam thats the most terrible cringing spell i heard, guess it part of nursery rhyme but by shortening it and out of context it cringy to the max. also what a juvenile chuuni armour design. should have make it looks more like F/Z's berserker, now he just looks like a power ranger or that grasshopper dude
Have you never watched FSN and heard Rin's german nonsense?
Dauerlutscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-22, 17:16   Link #211
Wandering Soul

Nice to see that one of the best girls has been well received. That scene in the bathroom is one time where I can safely say that the harem MC deserved the slap that he got. He just stood there and continued staring at her after she asked him to politely leave.
Old 2015-10-22, 17:21   Link #212
KnightShade

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
Nice to see that one of the best girls has been well received. That scene in the bathroom is one time where I can safely say that the harem MC deserved the slap that he got. He just stood there and continued staring at her after she asked him to politely leave.
yeah because telling him to leave his own home instead of just getting out of his sight by going to another room makes a bunch of sense . if we're going to fault takeru for standing there, the same should apply to maria
KnightShade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-22, 17:24   Link #213
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
Or you know she could have just gotten dressed in the bathroom before coming out. Instead of getting dressed in the open living room, and then the whole situation could have been avoided.
Old 2015-10-22, 17:25   Link #214
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidstandout View Post
yeah because telling him to leave his own home instead of just getting out of his sight by going to another room makes a bunch of sense . if we're going to fault takeru for standing there, the same should apply to maria
Why not? It's not going to kill him to step outside for 5 minutes considering he hasn't been there the whole day anyways. Doesn't seem like he has that big a place if the girls are having to leave the bathroom in order to dry off/get changed. May not have been enough room in there to get changed which would have left him sitting around and them unable to leave the bathroom, thus he'd have to step outside at some point.

In the end asking him to do anything is better than his plan of just standing there like an idiot. At least Mari was taking some action to resolve the situation.
Old 2015-10-22, 17:28   Link #215
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

he stood there like an asshole, he had it coming instead of just looking away
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-22, 17:35   Link #216
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Let's face it. In real life both of them would be looking to get out of the room immediately if they could. The only reason both of them stayed was to have a stupid fanservice scene. I don't take that scene as a reflection on either character, good or bad.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-22, 17:49   Link #217
KnightShade

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Why not? It's not going to kill him to step outside for 5 minutes considering he hasn't been there the whole day anyways. Doesn't seem like he has that big a place if the girls are having to leave the bathroom in order to dry off/get changed. May not have been enough room in there to get changed which would have left him sitting around and them unable to leave the bathroom, thus he'd have to step outside at some point.

In the end asking him to do anything is better than his plan of just standing there like an idiot. At least Mari was taking some action to resolve the situation.
thats where they messed up, leaving the bathroom. dont know about but i don't see how drying off in the livingroom of someone else's home is anyway not asking to get walked in on, regardless of how small said home is. c'mon man, they could have at least put on their undies.

should takeru have stared? nah
should they have waltz out of the bathroom in the buff? nah

they were both at fault
KnightShade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-22, 20:23   Link #218
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Definitely a keeper for me. Otori and Mari are at odds not really because of the MC, but because of what they are to each other. Heck, it doesn't seem the other two people in his team are even vying for his affection, nor do they spend too much time interacting with the MC, which is quite different from your normal harem. Above all, there's actually a valid reason for sending over Mari to board with the MC, as the Academy is setting up a trap for Mari's compatriots. That headmaster may act like a bumbling idiot, but damn, he knows exactly what the hell he is doing. Heck, brainwashing Mari gives the impression that the Academy isn't much better than the Witches, so the grey area surrounding both factions is actually pretty interesting (unlike say, Asterisk's stalker or the rival in Rakudai, of which both just scream 'jerkass' XD).

Like sure, there's that fanservice scene, but I personally didn't mind it. It was pretty tame compared to say, Rakudai, and it was over in like a minute or so. Just a blip in the radar... but to be quite honest, I thought that the MC just stood there because he wanted to see more and was acting like he was lost. If it was just purely a fanservice scene, no biggie, but I really thought he liked what he saw.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-22, 20:39   Link #219
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domonkazu View Post
if Ouka's seiyuu is Marina Inoue it would be perfect.
Seems to fit her nods. But current seiyuu is not bad. But still, Marina can still be found 'everywhere', what I missed hearing are sweet veterans like Itou Kanae yay ~ <3

So we have 2 tsunderes in this show lol. At least they are tsundere towards each other as well.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-22, 21:04   Link #220
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Liking Mari alot just plays so well with Ouka

Tags
harem, supernatural