AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: How would you rate this week's episode?
Perfect 10 112 41.64%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 102 37.92%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 37 13.75%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 2.97%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 0.74%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.12%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.37%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 1.49%
Voters: 269. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-02, 22:33   Link #201
Sakuya
*Artist

Oh ya, the ending sequence just ruins the serious atmosphere and mood. I wish they'd change it as well. Other than that, I'm still speechless.
Old 2006-02-02, 22:41   Link #202
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters
^remembers KIRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTHRRRRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(Shrugs)
And watch Nina pull an Asuran on Arika

I can see Nagi's face.

@bigprime

As for Nina and Arika, their relationship was severed the moment Nina saw that hankerchef.
Old 2006-02-02, 22:42   Link #203
ArchDragon
The Ultimate Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya
This episode was so awesome. But really, we still haven't seen Natsuki's Element yet. Anyway, I'm rendered speechless right now. Poor Mashiro, looks like another supposed friendship has broken off? Oh when will Mai come rescue everyone from this chaos? Maybe next episode.
You mean she'll snatch Sergay away, proclaim that his real name is Yuuichi, and made those 2 went even more ape****?

At least that's what I'm hoping for.
Old 2006-02-02, 22:46   Link #204
Sakuya
*Artist

About the "Five Colums" issue, look what I found:

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=colum

It works pretty well actually. They are working for the sake of Garderobe/Fumi. Wouldn't that make them saints?
Old 2006-02-02, 23:03   Link #205
ranchan13

All I can say is that the shit not only hit the fan, but completely obliterated it.

1: I'm sure a lot of us saw this coming
Spoiler:

2: I saw this coming, but only on second glance just prior to watching the episode
Spoiler:

3: Natsuki's Materialization kicks ass

4: Nina is now the bearer of Nagi's Ultimate Black Diamond

5: Arika is once again donning the robe of the Sky Blue Sapphire

6:
Spoiler:

7: Finally, the primary plot is coming to life. FRom this point on I am willing to bet that Otome will follow a very similar bath of HiME, continuing on with story advancement, action, and ShizNat. I don't expect any more light-hearted episodes (though a couple moments here and there won't hurt), and I have a feeling this series will end in a bang.

Episode rating 10/10
Compared to recent episodes 11/10

I knew Sunrise was holding out on something.
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
Old 2006-02-02, 23:08   Link #206
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness
And watch Nina pull an Asuran on Arika

I can see Nagi's face.

@bigprime

As for Nina and Arika, their relationship was severed the moment Nina saw that hankerchef.
The question is can Nina find it in herself to self-destruct?

This ain't Gundam though, she ain't gonna be able to eject from her robe or something.

EDIT: I think the odds of a reset at the end just jumped up when Erstin bought the farm (that must've been some farm). As much as I don't want it to happen and to let the dead stay dead... I like I said before I will be VERY surprised (and very pleased) if there is no reset at the end of this show.
Old 2006-02-02, 23:09   Link #207
QU4RK

Quote:
When the gem was released for Nina, what did Smith say? He seemed a tad bit shocked.
He said, "Why that legendary GEM is here?"

Aoi is dying?? Noooo... I like Aoi-chan.

What is Smith said regarding Souten no Seigyoku? It seems that the robe is not in complete form???
Old 2006-02-02, 23:14   Link #208
ArchDragon
The Ultimate Monster

Quote:
I think it has more to do with what Nagi said to her throughout the whole event.
For all her cool outer shell's worth, Nina is surprisingly moody.
All Nagi has to do is set the right mood, at the right time, and there goes her sanity.

And as much as I hate to admit it, Sergay is most likely the next one to go.
Otherwise, he'll make Nina and Arika make up with each other.
Or he'll get taken over by some "Dark Overlord" just like Reito in HiME.
Old 2006-02-02, 23:27   Link #209
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Questions in this episode!

1. Why is Sergey invincible? Doesn't he bleed?

and;

2. Why kill Erstin first? Tomoe's a much better candidate!
Old 2006-02-02, 23:31   Link #210
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca
Because those characters who become from vengeful, bitter rivals into full fledged villains make up quite ordinary bad guys in an amoral sense.
Old 2006-02-02, 23:34   Link #211
imperialmog

Send a message via AIM to imperialmog Send a message via Yahoo to imperialmog
Maybe Sergey is really Chuck Norris is disguise.

Oh I got a feeling a reset of some forms will happen. But some characters will likely stay dead, especially the ones who we wouldn't mind. *Erstin's parents at the top since what parents do that to their own child*

If Aoi bites the dust, will we see enraged Chie?
Old 2006-02-02, 23:34   Link #212
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Sergay's bled before. When he was attacked by that Aswald Slave.

Yeah, the way I see it Sergay's death (if he dies) will cause one of two things:

1. Defuse Nina and turn her back to normal.

2. Complicate matters and create an even larger right between Arika and Nina.

Also, depending on when he dies is a factor as well... normally if he were to die closer to the end of the series, I think it would be safe to say it would bring Nina back from the brink. If he were to die in say... ep 18, it would likely intensify the feud since I speculate the "final battle" will be ep 25 or 26.

I think this belongs more in the speculation thread but... whatever.

But before the North Hound dies he should REALLY kick ass! not just fire a couple of bullets each episode.
Old 2006-02-02, 23:50   Link #213
twh
Something or other...

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperialmog
Maybe Sergey is really Chuck Norris is disguise.
Heh, that explains everything!

As for the episode itself... ohhh...

...it gave me shivers... why?

You see, there's a particular term for things like this happening, it's called "Schadenfreude". Roughly translated into english, it's used to describe the sick, twisted, and inhuman elation one gets from seeing the misery, agony, and sorrow of others.

Ah, the Theater of Pain.

I'm in a euphoria here.

THIS is what I've been suffering through so much to wait for! Bring it on, Sunrise!! Let the body count of beloved characters soar through the heavens!! Let the earth be soaked with the tears of fans!!!

*BREATHE*

...life is good.
Old 2006-02-03, 00:05   Link #214
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca
Questions in this episode!

1. Why is Sergey invincible? Doesn't he bleed?

and;

1: Look closely at the part of Sergey's outfit that got ripped, see that giant metal plate? Yeah, I think that saved his ass, lucky bastard

2: Why? Because my beloved Ero-stin was the closest friend to both Arika and Nina. Nina, who defeated Ero-stin's slave, will likely snap even more then she had with the whole "Otou-san is Arika's Oujo-san"? Fact is, now the stones are set in motion for the final battle between Nina and Arika.

Also, if we look back to HiME, it was Mikoto (care of Yata-garasu) who defeated Akira's child, thus killing Takumi. Remember Mai's rage? We're seeing that same rage in Arika now over Ero-stin's death at Nina's hand. The difference here being
a: Nina, though Ero-stin was her closest friend, has more hatred over the Sergey issues then remorse for her death
b: Arika is more emotionally driven then Mai ever was.

Conclusion, Nina and Arika are the Otome to beat this time around (typical light and dark power struggle unfortunately) and I don't believe even the 5 Pillars have enough combined power to contain them.
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
Old 2006-02-03, 00:38   Link #215
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchDragon
I think it has more to do with what Nagi said to her throughout the whole event.
Uh no, I meant that it BROKE the moment she saw that Hankerchef which basically proved one of her worst fears in her life. Nagi just fed on it afterwards to get her even more pumped up. Did you not see her eyes crack when she saw that?

So your saying that if Nagi didn't talk to her after she saw it she would be fine and dandy and not go berserk because the majority of it was Nagi?

Quote:
: Look closely at the part of Sergey's outfit that got ripped, see that giant metal plate? Yeah, I think that saved his ass, lucky bastard
....the slash was ABOVE the plate, assuming if that really is a metal plate

Quote:
Conclusion, Nina and Arika are the Otome to beat this time around (typical light and dark power struggle unfortunately) and I don't believe even the 5 Pillars have enough combined power to contain them.
They weren't chosen to be the 5 pillars for no reason

Though you can't argue the fact that both Nina and Arika are on a rampage That would be hard to contain.
Old 2006-02-03, 00:44   Link #216
Kawool
地獄女

Send a message via MSN to Kawool
Spoiler:
Old 2006-02-03, 00:59   Link #217
ranchan13

Quote:
They weren't chosen to be the 5 pillars for no reason

Though you can't argue the fact that both Nina and Arika are on a rampage That would be hard to contain.
Explain Nao
Not that I'm saying Nao isn't a good Otome, I'm just saying there are better choices *cough* Chie *cough*
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
Old 2006-02-03, 01:03   Link #218
ArchDragon
The Ultimate Monster

Quote:
Uh no, I meant that it BROKE the moment she saw that Hankerchef which basically proved one of her worst fears in her life. Nagi just fed on it afterwards to get her even more pumped up. Did you not see her eyes crack when she saw that?

So your saying that if Nagi didn't talk to her after she saw it she would be fine and dandy and not go berserk because the majority of it was Nagi?
Not fine and dandy, obviously.
But Sergay might still be able to talk some sense into her if Nagi hadn't pushed her over the edge.

Remember that Nina vs. Arika is basically Mai vs. Shiho part II.
Shiho didn't completely went bonkers until Nagi gave her a little final push.

There's also the gem factor:
If Arika's personality become similar to Rena's due to carrying that gem since birth, then there's a fair chance that Nagi's gem is affecting Nina in a different way.

And unlike MH's Yuuichi, who pretty much knew the reason for the conflict between the 2 girls, Sergay has absolutely no clue what caused Nina to behave that way.
Hence he just stood there wondering what the **** is going on between those 2.

I mean, IRL, I wouldn't expect my daughter to went emo and pull out 2 daggers to kill her best friend just because I've been paying her tuition secretly.

------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchan13
Explain Nao
Not that I'm saying Nao isn't a good Otome, I'm just saying there are better choices *cough* Chie *cough*
I think Nao has better battle skills than Chie, even Akane complemented Nao for it.

As for Arika and Nina, I'm sure they would've qualified to become pillars when the time comes for them to take the 5-pillar exam, assuming there are vacancies available.
Recall that only the Pearls took the exam, not the Corals.
Old 2006-02-03, 01:31   Link #219
MattAlchemy

Send a message via AIM to MattAlchemy Send a message via MSN to MattAlchemy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawool
Spoiler:
It looks like Aoi in the bottom left and right side of the hair. Her face looks like Mai and Arika. The bangs... Well, the bangs look like Mai's! The eyes are the same color to both of them. Who knows?
Old 2006-02-03, 01:35   Link #220
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchan13
Explain Nao
DId you not see episode 6? Akane the #1 Pearl performed nice in 14ish was it? But still faltered while Nao took out a tentacle monster with style.

Not to mention that Nao could probably be the #1 pearl if she wanted too but note, she doesn't want that and things started messing her up when she got bumped up to 3(which she said would make things hard for her), and then got chosen to be a Pillar. No doubt she wanted to stick to 4.

Fumi saw right through it.

Quote:
I mean, IRL, I wouldn't expect my daughter to went emo and pull out 2 daggers to kill her best friend just because I've been paying her tuition secretly.
Dude...have you not seen episode 11?

"If it wasn't for you then father would be paying attention to me and not you!"
-Nina

This is something that has been building up the whole time. The part when Arika called Sergay by his name, then we have the birthday date (Yes it was reconciled but as you can see she still broke easily. See how easily she jumped to the conclusion that her birthday was picked all because of Rena's daughter?). And now she finds out that he has been sponsoring her secretly and not only that but he sent her a really nice birthday gift. And not only THAT but the two have been writing letters to each other.
Closed Thread