AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-08-26, 23:13   Link #201
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

If Touta really is Konoka's descendant, that would give him a pretty high status. Would Eva be allowed to keep him in a far off village like that?

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 23:16   Link #202
ChronoReverse

If he were Negi's descendant, he'd also have crazy high status. We're going to just have to see where it goes.

I like the cool nee-chan Eva though.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 00:38   Link #203
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
... Damn it Akamatsu-sensei, I'll forgive you for not pairing Eva with Negi.

Touta's quite the cool dude. ... Though I hope Akamatsu hasn't been getting along with certain younger generation writers for the inspiration of that boy.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 03:16   Link #204
Vahanar
Disabled By Request

The begining sure is nostalgic...

Well, I'm too surprised with this KonokaxNegi outcome - but really doubt that's a case.

On a side note, I know who will be by fav character

http://i.imgur.com/kdaPF6L.jpg?1

Vahanar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 03:25   Link #205
omega253

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahanar View Post
The begining sure is nostalgic...

Well, I'm too surprised with this KonokaxNegi outcome - but really doubt that's a case.

On a side note, I know who will be by fav character

http://i.imgur.com/kdaPF6L.jpg?1

Is that a guy or a girl? Because, honestly, I can't really tell.

If it's a girl, then hopefully Touta will raise her flag somehow.
Old 2013-08-27, 03:34   Link #206
Vahanar
Disabled By Request

Betting my ass on a girl acting like a guy.

And she/he reminds me of Setsuna.
Vahanar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 03:34   Link #207
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

You know, one of the girls with that plaid skirt reminds me of Takanashi Rikka way too much...

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 04:03   Link #208
Chris38

Well, I will give this manga a chance.

Maybe it will cover some of the remaining plot points that have been left unresolved in Negima.

And having Evangeline as a main character (even if seems different compared to her Negima counterpart) is definitely a plus.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 04:13   Link #209
Tenzen12

Am I only one who hopes for romantic development on Eva front? Cause so far it seems that way...
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 04:20   Link #210
Shadow5YA

I think Eva will receive development that helps her grow out of that melancholy state she was in during that monologue, but I don't think Touta counts as a love interest.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 04:27   Link #211
Tenzen12

NOONE count as love interest yet. And it's not like Akamatsu has problem with shotacon tendences.

But It's not like I don't know what you mean, just hope it's not that case, cause I like these kind of master-disciple or in lesser extend Teacher-studend (as long there is sufficient amount of trust) ships
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 04:33   Link #212
Chris38

^

Well, personally I wouldn't mind if Eva has actually gained some companion, even if he would be younger then her ... since,she deserves some kind of happy ending, after everything, that she went through, after all.

But, we don't even know how large the cast of the current manga is going to be.

Although, personally I hope that it won't grow to the size that Negima had.
Old 2013-08-27, 04:37   Link #213
Shadow5YA

Eva certainly didn't look like she had a love interest (other than her long unrequited crush on Nagi) at the end of Negima when she met Asuna again. She was certainly happier or at least spirited enough to go on a time-traveling adventure with Chao.

I think the story will be more about Eva making peace with her immortality. She may not be suicidal, but that monologue proves that she still isn't really happy with her longevity at all.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 04:49   Link #214
Chris38

^ That's possible ... although it's hard to say what the story is going to be about, just from a single chapter.
Old 2013-08-27, 05:16   Link #215
chaosprophet

The best thing of all... it's weekly! Well... being Ken there will probably be a break week here and then but... still oh so much better than a monthly manga. For a manga I really want to know what will happen and where it's going I'm glad I don't have to wait a whole month for every new content.
Old 2013-08-27, 05:45   Link #216
Wigwams

eva being 700 years old would have a very hard time looking for a guy who isnt younger than her.

at least this touta guy looks older than negi.
Old 2013-08-27, 06:47   Link #217
Amigal
mm... sounds tasty...
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Amigal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigwams View Post
eva being 700 years old would have a very hard time looking for a guy who isnt younger than her.

at least this touta guy looks older than negi.
That's because Touta is 14 and Negi was 10 at start of Negima and 12(no idea about last chapter) at end of it.
Old 2013-08-27, 06:57   Link #218
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
You know that there is a difference between what Touta and Negi went through?
Negi became an immortal after fully mastering and being reborn by Magic Erebia. That was a technique Eva developed with an immortal (herself) in mind, that's why not any human, only a special one like Negi would be able to master it.

Also really, looking at Eva's past as told after her battle with Setsuna in the festival, Eva was never really that evil. For instance, it implies she only really killed for survival / out of necessity, with the exception of the first one (mage who turned her who she through she had killed) that was because of hatred.

Heck, considering Eva dislikes her immortal/vampire conditional, and even all she says in thsi chapter, it makes sense that she wouldn't like to turn someone into a vampire, so I wouldn't be surprise if Touta was her first turning.
If Eva magic can give immortally to people who is not descendant of mage of beginning
=
do you really believe rich people and leaders in mars will ask for her death instead of bringing her alive?
(demon tripe maybe since they can live for long time but not human)
+
Both of them become immortal by using Eva magic which is from mage of beginning
+
for she didn't use it before > someone who outlive his friends for long time must have at least try it once because of feeling alone(solitary) but she can only have doll as long life companion and not human
+
about sword > almost every kid in that none mage village used sword > so they only train him to use one > Negi good with sword too (he used many lighting sword) and hand-to-hand combat

Last edited by Gundamx; 2013-08-27 at 07:13.
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 08:49   Link #219
Qilin
Romanticist

Well, it's nice to know this series existed right as I was reminiscing about all the plot holes in the original Negima manga.

Spoiler for Chapter 1:
Old 2013-08-27, 08:51   Link #220
ZeKeR
Superbad

I'm guessing that girl might be Koutarou's or Setsuna's bloodline... not sure.... since Negi's trolling the angels at heaven with his young boy face lol.

also, I wonder what would Asuna's bloodline be seeing as Ostia is still way up there.

and why do I get this feeling that there MIGHT be a chance that Ayaka's bloodline is quite... err... uh... the "same" like the mother and has the similarity of being attracted to shotas? (no srsly, DAFUQ ken XD)

Tags
action, comedy, harem, mother-con, negima, sequel, time travel, waiting for love