Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-14, 19:16   Link #201
hakisak
Banned

Location: Polishing Weapons...Btw,read "Until Death Do Us Part" ^_^
I think it was bloody rain...it fits the vampire, bat, theme perfectly...I bet it's bloody rain.

I was right so far...Ishida vs Yammi. Ulq being a winged creature...I even said "OMG What if he's a bat!" around here somewhere...

*pat's self on back*
Old 2009-02-14, 19:18   Link #202
Justin Kim
*Artist

Lol, I really want to know why the chapter is called "The Sloth" Is Ichigo the slow - moving creature in front of Ulqui's eyes now? Cuz' evidently Ulqui went a Falcon Punch on Ichigo, and literally shocked the doozy out of him.
Old 2009-02-14, 19:39   Link #203
Glacial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Kim View Post
Lol, I really want to know why the chapter is called "The Sloth" Is Ichigo the slow - moving creature in front of Ulqui's eyes now? Cuz' evidently Ulqui went a Falcon Punch on Ichigo, and literally shocked the doozy out of him.
Sloth is one of the 7 deadly sins, lol

It has a variety of meanings that have come up over the years, but the prime, agreed two are:

The older definition, that it means joylessness and apathy. This describes Ulquiorra perfectly, no?

The newer definition, that it means unwillingness to fully utilize one's potential. Since Ulquiorra isn't going all out vs. Ichigo, and has taken so long to finally release, I'd have to say he is characterized by sloth in this sense as well.

In addition, Rudobon can fit into the latter, as he isn't fighting Rukia himself at all, just growing wave after wave of soldiers. >_____________> fuckin' trees

Wanna learn more? Wiki
Old 2009-02-14, 20:09   Link #204
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lendial View Post
indeed he is the byakuya of this arc, heres hoping hichigo does not show up, pleaseee no.
Why not? WIthout him, Ichigo has NO chance of winning. Hichigo is so much better as a fighter too. Ichigo is just....a noob.
Old 2009-02-14, 20:39   Link #205
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Why not? WIthout him, Ichigo has NO chance of winning. Hichigo is so much better as a fighter too. Ichigo is just....a noob.
You're right, Ichigo has no chance of winning without him but it's not because Ichigo himself lacks skill or talent. The difference between them is that Ichigo has a conscience. He doesn't feel right about killing people no matter how bad they are (just look at his track record if you need any more proof). That's not a bad character trait to have - he's an honourable fighter who doesn't kill someone if it's not necessary. The problem is that that attitude won't take him far against opponents like Ulquiorra or Aizen. In order to win he needs the reckless bloodlust of Hichigo.
Old 2009-02-14, 21:16   Link #206
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

Hm, I have the feeling Hichigo (or whatever you want to call him) is going to rear his pretty little head out. Without him, I don't see Ichigo beating Ulquiorra by 'himself'. Somebody is going to have to show up. Who? I don't know. My money's on Hichigo, though.

And about the blood/rain thing... I think it’s really tears! Ulquiorra's black emo tears, raining upon little Ichigo and the rest of Hueco Mundo!
Old 2009-02-14, 21:48   Link #207
Freya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
You're right, Ichigo has no chance of winning without him but it's not because Ichigo himself lacks skill or talent. The difference between them is that Ichigo has a conscience. He doesn't feel right about killing people no matter how bad they are (just look at his track record if you need any more proof). That's not a bad character trait to have - he's an honourable fighter who doesn't kill someone if it's not necessary. The problem is that that attitude won't take him far against opponents like Ulquiorra or Aizen. In order to win he needs the reckless bloodlust of Hichigo.
Uhh that's not why he doesn't win. Bloodlust has a small factor to it. He just sucks...he only has one move and the only thing that gets him through things is his Bankai....which doesn't really help with speed anymore and his vaizard mask which only enances everything that he already has.

So stronger GT and faster speed?
Old 2009-02-14, 22:09   Link #208
Langus
Optimus Prime

I'm sorry you don't seem to understand this manga or its protagonist at all?
Old 2009-02-14, 23:01   Link #209
Freya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
I'm sorry you don't seem to understand this manga or its protagonist at all?
You don't see my point at how Ichigo needs to win the fight. I don't care what the manga is about and etc. Ichigo is weak because of all that.

And Ichigo couldn't kill Ulqi even if he wanted to.
Old 2009-02-15, 02:47   Link #210
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Instead of Hichigo I expect an inner conversation (or maybe training for a few episodes, time stands still in there ) from both of Zangetsu's forms so that he can use his bankai and mask to their full potential and then wake up with 10x reiatsu to heal his wounds and own Ulquiorra with whatever he will have learned.
Old 2009-02-15, 03:54   Link #211
Animepandafreak
Panda(ie)-chan

Send a message via AIM to Animepandafreak
I wonder wat sin it will b next week ...hmmmm....

Hey, check out MY MANGA IDEA, so i hope u check it out and express your feelings.
Old 2009-02-15, 04:04   Link #212
Kafriel
Senior Guest

The wrath I suppose, other than that there's just lust left and although I have a feeling IchiUlqui claim the lust title, I have a feeling next week it's back to IshiYammy...
Old 2009-02-15, 04:22   Link #213
Freya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Instead of Hichigo I expect an inner conversation (or maybe training for a few episodes, time stands still in there ) from both of Zangetsu's forms so that he can use his bankai and mask to their full potential and then wake up with 10x reiatsu to heal his wounds and own Ulquiorra with whatever he will have learned.
Sadly most likely thing that is going to happen right now. Unless Kenpachi comes out of nowhere to help out.
Old 2009-02-15, 04:52   Link #214
hakisak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
You don't see my point at how Ichigo needs to win the fight. I don't care what the manga is about and etc. Ichigo is weak because of all that.

And Ichigo couldn't kill Ulqi even if he wanted to.
Ichigo is superior to Ulquiorra. The problem is he's green. He had a vast amount of reiatsu before he got his Shinigami powers (they are two different things) He has no idea how to use those powers. The first time he met Ulquiorra...his hollow was interfering and even then...

"His powers are unstable, but when it's at it's highest peak...its GREATER THAN MINE" ~Ulquiorra

As weak as you think he is, with his one and half move (Kuroi is slightly different) he's still stronger than Ulq. So I think the correct wording should be....Ulquiorra has NO CHANCE of winning....

He may need Ogichi to show him a new move...if he even shows up. Since Zangetsu is in control...but he does not need Ogichi to win
Old 2009-02-15, 05:35   Link #215
Hitsugaya_Toushiro

about other espadas release i bet:

Yammi: Bear or Gorilla

Barragan: Lion (big, old, give orders as a king, king crown hollow mask, fur on his jacket

Halibel: Dragon/Komodo Dragon/Lizard/Crocodile (due to her mask and the fact that the Feline/Tiger/Pantera release has already been used too much....Grimmjow, Ggio Vega)

about Stark i really don't know ....maybe a Spider?

Last edited by Hitsugaya_Toushiro; 2009-02-15 at 08:39.
Old 2009-02-15, 05:45   Link #216
Glacial

I am sorry to those of you who are biased in favor of Ulquiorra, but...

regardless of power levels, regardless of foreshadowing, regardless of even logic itself, Ichigo has to win this as a main protagonist. He's going to get kicked around worse than we've seen, because that's the way his fights always are, but in the end he will emerge victorious somehow. Otherwise, he wouldn't be the shounen main character and hero of our story.

If Ulquiorra kills him now, why the hell was he the focus of 90% of the story? o_O

If he gets saved yet again, how would he be worthy of the heroic and protective role he's been built up to serve?

The ONLY other thing I see happening is having the fight interrupted by something major, i.e. plot-focused. I am actually hoping this occurs, because Bleach is feeling more like an RPG than a story lately (23984273 fights, learn something about a character and/or the plot, another long string of fights, etc)
Old 2009-02-15, 05:47   Link #217
Voduar

Am I the only one that gets a bit of a pit fiend feel off of Ulq's release? There is something exceedingly arrogant and disinterested off of him in this chapter that leads me to the lords of the nine hells in this case. Hopefully, this indicates that the vasto lord espada will do something interesting in future battles.
Old 2009-02-15, 07:10   Link #218
hakisak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitsugaya_Toushiro View Post
about other espadas release i bet:

Yammi: Bear or Gorilla
Yami I think may be a gorrila...he looks like one. But they don't use projectiles (yeah I am still stuck on this like vs like thing) but he uses his fist like a Gorrilla. For some reason when he took out loli---I was thinking "Taz Smash!"--- he may be a Tasmanian devil
Quote:
Barragan: Lion (big, old, give orders as a king, king crown hollow mask, fur on his jacket
I doubt he's lion...truth be told, I don't care...I keep expecting him to pull a whale out of a different dimension--blame the bounto arc.
Quote:
Halibel: Dragon/Komodo Dragon/Lizard/Crocodile (due to her mask REMOVE THAT LINK! You can't link to sites that host manga and the fact that the Feline/Tiger/Pantera release has already been used too much....Grimmjow, Ggio Vega)
Large Cats have a lot more to chose from, so he could use a feline release again

Halibel looks like shark...or killer whale...or a Piranha (Look at her grill--face)
. When she swung her sword it looked like a wave a water...I could be wrong, but that's what it appeared like....
Quote:
about Stark i really don't know ....maybe a Spider?
I actually think Stark is a Lion...King of the Jungle or a Bear...Also king of the regions they are found in. They're animal's (plants, insects, seafood) that have been used before but lets not forget that each species has more than one bad ass predator. There are more than one kind of killer cats, bears, and birds--so it's okay if more than one has feline,aquatic release or insect release.
In Africa even the vegetation kills.... So he's not as limited as you think...

Last edited by hakisak; 2009-02-15 at 07:22.
Old 2009-02-15, 07:47   Link #219
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I dunno, I'm most likely way off but I look at Halibell and see a wolf. I dunno why, the mask doesn't really fit it, but that's what I see.

As for Stark being a lion, he could be. Male lions spend most of their day's sleeping.

Their releases don't necessarily have to be animals though. Look at Sszayel's, what the hell was that?
Old 2009-02-15, 07:59   Link #220
Kafriel
Senior Guest

A phoenix, or at least a mutant phoenix:P
I see Barragan as a lion, reasons have been mentioned a few pages back by others, Halibel as a bird-like figure, can't say anything about Stark yet.
Closed Thread

Tags
weekly chapter discussion, manga