Old 2014-02-16, 07:31   Link #201
OZ7UP
Music for life.
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
kuroko : "i want ahomine to teach me how to shoot, afaik, he is the best"
midorima : "ngg, hello?"
While Midorima is better at scoring three-pointers, his main drawback is that it's like firing a sniper rifle - he needs time to set his arms up and work out the maths. This takes even longer from a further distance. Aomine, on the other hand, would have a better scoring rate due to his preference for going up close and personal, and since Kuroko's physical stats are sorely lacking, he would have a better chance of scoring closer to the basket.

In addition, it's implied from season 1 (before the first Seirin/Touou match) that Aomine and Kuroko played basketball together outside of team obligations before things fell apart (won't say any more than that), and we know that outside of grudging respect, Midorima doesn't get along with Kuroko due to differing basketball philosophies and star signs. As such, Aomine is in a much better position to help Kuroko work around his weaknesses due to familiarity.

Lastly, while 95% of Midorima's shooting prowess is due to constant practice, that remaining 5% is all down to his reliance on horoscopes, which is supernatural in itself in a way.
OZ7UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-16, 08:04   Link #202
TrueDevil
Not from this world

Oh man, Kagamis VA sure sucks at English.
It sounds so forced it simply hurt my ears.
On the other hand Alex was way better.
Also the coach sucking at cooking really is ironic since she is involved in fitness
TrueDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-16, 08:33   Link #203
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Alex is so freaking hot. Nuff said.

Though I really want to see her play, maybe just a little bit of showing off how an NBA-caliber athlete plays basketball.
Old 2014-02-16, 11:12   Link #204
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
So that was Alex all along. Alex is hot!!! And looks like Kuroko will accomplish shooting in a day. I sure hope not. I'm also glad that the show finally admitted the huge weakness team Seirin has with Kuroko in the rotation.
Don't think it's a day, and there's an explanation behind. You can watch the OP again to check out his form. The second half of the OP has been changed from Touou to Yousen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
In all fairness, when I try to imagine an American Voice Actor trying to speak a dialogue in Japanese for whatever reason, the Japanese audience probably would find it just as horrid. I would also go on to say that the portrayal of the Japanese language itself isn't always realistic either from the way a character speaks in anime. I have hard time believing that normal people would speak like that as shown in most anime without getting laughed at or worse.
In what way? Are you talking about teenspeak? Though in shows (variety, drama, anime, radio), they speak a tad slower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
kuroko : "i want ahomine to teach me how to shoot, afaik, he is the best"
midorima : "ngg, hello?"
3s are the only thing to Midorima. Besides, it's more reasonable to ask Aomine since Touou's already out.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-16, 11:14   Link #205
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-2 View Post
Alex is so freaking hot. Nuff said.

Though I really want to see her play, maybe just a little bit of showing off how an NBA-caliber athlete plays basketball.
I'm actually quite surprised that SHE was surprised at her first observance of the Generation of Miracles. Forget the country, these kids are high schoolers, and she played in a freaking pro league. I don't want to know that someone who has played longer, and at a higher level hasn't seen it all. I wished they could've portrayed her reaction as "been there, done that, nothing special to me".

It's a lot like the New Prince of Tennis series, where the "middle schoolers" all have special abilities, but the bulk of the high schoolers don't and are subsequently schooled by Echizen and co. To me, it's just disappointing when (sports) anime introduce characters who by virtue of their status SHOULD be at a certain level, but don't act/think accordingly.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-16, 11:18   Link #206
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumcyclonex View Post
I'm actually quite surprised that SHE was surprised at her first observance of the Generation of Miracles. Forget the country, these kids are high schoolers, and she played in a freaking pro league. I don't want to know that someone who has played longer, and at a higher level hasn't seen it all. I wished they could've portrayed her reaction as "been there, done that, nothing special to me".

It's a lot like the New Prince of Tennis series, where the "middle schoolers" all have special abilities, but the bulk of the high schoolers don't and are subsequently schooled by Echizen and co. To me, it's just disappointing when (sports) anime introduce characters who by virtue of their status SHOULD be at a certain level, but don't act/think accordingly.
I still won't compare with PoT (not even talking about New PoT here). Kuroko is exaggerated (like Eyeshield), but PoT is complete MAGIC!
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-16, 11:52   Link #207
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

I believe Dragon Ball is partially to blame for the powerups anime characters get nowadays. Bleach, Naruto, PoT etc. all take on various forms of this anime phenomenon.

Going back to KnB, exaggeration and illusory tricks are one thing, but when they write a script that says Alex was a pro player, then she better have seen or experienced all the feats these high schoolers were doing because she should have gone through the same route when she was younger. I guess I'm more disappointed at the writing and the distorted context we are supposed to accept when we watch sports anime.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-16, 13:08   Link #208
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:

Well, she didn't say they were better than her or other people she'd seen. Just better than she expected Japanese high schoolers to be, even after hearing the stories.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-16, 22:15   Link #209
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well Alex seem fun kisses friends and girls but Riko look was just fun
Old 2014-02-17, 03:22   Link #210
Jehuty

Quote:

To be fair, she is probably amazed to find players at such a young age that are this talented. Usually you would hone your skills throughout the years - by the time you're a professional, you will be at a level only reached when you've put in countless of hours into perfecting it.

And remember - these are 1st year high school kids. Alex is already way past that - in her prime when she was in her 20s, these guys are what, 16?
Old 2014-02-17, 03:56   Link #211
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Don't think it's a day, and there's an explanation behind. You can watch the OP again to check out his form. The second half of the OP has been changed from Touou to Yousen.
Oh really! Haven't seen the OP in a while. I will have to check it out. The pettanko coach also mentions that Kuroko was working on shooting with her dad after he told Kuroko that he was going to hit a wall pretty soon.

Quote:
In what way? Are you talking about teenspeak? Though in shows (variety, drama, anime, radio), they speak a tad slower.
Not just teen-speak, but the phrases used, particular wording, unnatural pitch and tone of the voice (not this anime per se but there are plenty of anime where the VA works their magic voice), etc.

Quote:
3s are the only thing to Midorima. Besides, it's more reasonable to ask Aomine since Touou's already out.
To add to it, Midorima is a pure shooter. Midorima's talent cannot be taught to Kuroko just like how speed cannot be taught to someone who doesn't have it. Speed is a natural born physical talent where a person either has it or doesn't. Aomine, on the other hand, isn't a pure shooter like Midorima. His game is based on speed and agility to attack the basket to score. Kuroko can benefit from Aomine the most because a point guard needs to attack the basket in similar fashion to score, to open up passing lanes, ball distribution and etc. So Aomine certainly was a better choice than Midorima for Kuroko who wants to learn shooting.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-17, 04:05   Link #212
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

This new episode was amazing. I really enjoyed it. I can't wait to see the next match.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-17, 04:34   Link #213
hamazura
whatever

Quote:

yeah that was my first reaction when i read knb manga when alex commented on midorima and other kiseki no seidai skills.
"they are monsters!" with mouth open and daydreaming.
what the hell sis? sure they are super talented but.... they are only HIGHSCHOOLER.... in JAPAN... well japan is one of best basketball country in asia but.... its still asia dude. asian doesnt stand a chance against superios americanos .
and alex live and grow in america... even becoming a pro player there. she must have seen a ton of crazy Prince of Tennis level player there.
if knb story progress to world cup series, its sure will be boring. more boring than world cup arc of eyeshield 21.
i mean Japan : "europano? africano? americano? weakling! we have rainbow colored monsterino here!"

unless the author goes into new PoT route with dragon ball z power up level... it will become at least interesting
Old 2014-02-19, 02:08   Link #214
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Ep 17 18 and 19

YES YES Seirin win !!!

Alexandra Garcia BANZAI!!
Old 2014-02-19, 09:47   Link #215
Archaeon

Finally Kuroko learn how to shoot. About time.
Archaeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 02:36   Link #216
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

being are biggest flaw if Kuroko can at launch it will become a formidable opponent but it will take time with a teacher like Aomine-kun its will go
Old 2014-02-22, 15:48   Link #217
ookamigirl

Spoiler for plot:

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-22, 18:17   Link #218
sayde

Araki: "You cannot escape from Murasakibara. His defense range covers everything inside the 3 point line.

Me: What!? Get the f*** out of here.

Well...guess it's time for Kuroko to shoot the ball and for Taiga to start feeling out how to pull off Aomine's formless shot. Judging by next episodes preview, it looks like we can at least look forward to seeing Kuroko score his first bucket in a game and pissing off Murasakibara in the process.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-22, 19:19   Link #219
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Tatsuya's obsession with who's stronger than whom in basket is really annoying.

"It's not kid's quarrel." <- dude, you're sulking because Kagami's possibly better than you in a ball game. How is that not a kid's quarrel?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-22, 22:05   Link #220
OZ7UP
Music for life.
*Author

My "Nope!-Definitely-Not-Calling-Them-Observations" du jour

* Poor Okamura...
* Tatsuya gets the ladies because he's a relatively polite bishounen. If we're to include going beyond the fourth wall, the fact that he's voiced by Kissho Taniyama doesn't hurt as well.
* Poor Okamura...
* Getting verbally smacked down by two of your teammates and summarily ignored by Murasakibara can't be that great for your ego.
* Poor Okamura...
* As a casual Australian (Rules) Football League fan, I found the voiceover during the preview to be both hilarious and harsh in hindsight.
* Poor Okamura...
* For all his abilities as a basketball player, Imayoshi definitely can't draw. That said, it was pretty refreshing to see him in a non-basketball scenario.
* Poor Okamura...
OZ7UP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
basketball, sports