AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-08, 03:04   Link #201
Johnny
Working the bags...

Was a great volume. Thanks for the hard work getting it done for us Flere...

I'd just have Kanade buy some island and let them all live together like some Jiro cult...
Old 2012-02-08, 03:51   Link #202
azziz

there is no need to hope,it was clear from the start it would be subaru;i don't dislike her,nor usami but to me kanade>subaru+usami.
a shame she doesn't want a harem end,she would have been excellent at managing one.
Old 2012-02-08, 10:27   Link #203
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Thanks a lot Flere, vol 10 was also a great volume just like the one before it, the summaries are certainly worth every letter and dot.
Old 2012-02-08, 10:29   Link #204
Richocet
Lover of Purity

thnx for the summary Flere...such a nice vol...wonder if the author will finish with the next one or continue
Old 2012-02-08, 17:32   Link #205
Athena
The Power of One

Thx a lot, Flere...now rooting for Usami (don't ever want to see the Bungaku-Shoujo-ending ever again...)
Old 2012-02-08, 17:39   Link #206
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
Thx a lot, Flere...now rooting for Usami (don't ever want to see the Bungaku-Shoujo-ending ever again...)
Finally found an Usami supporter! We should be allies, I'm also rooting for her, myself.

She's cute, awesome, sexy, and a tsun, which is a plus for me !!
Old 2012-02-08, 18:01   Link #207
Valky
Radioactive

The last one was good. 3 girls finally fighting it over huh .. thanks Flere.
Old 2012-02-08, 18:26   Link #208
Iron21

Not going to get my hope up for a possible Kanade end.

Subaru being the end girl has been set in stone from the beginning. Subaru will win or it will be an open ending.
Old 2012-02-08, 19:01   Link #209
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Even though I like Kanade...im rooting for Usami
Old 2012-02-08, 19:24   Link #210
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

No one rooting for Subaru? Aaah, that chapter 7 ending was good... I'm expecting a real conclusion for this one as in Jiro will really choose one girl rather than harem ending after this scene. However..considering his personality,I couldn't help that it will be a really painful chapter for the next few volumes

Old 2012-02-08, 19:28   Link #211
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

*shivers*

I just thought wat life would be like if Flere didnt post summaries of mayo chiki...........it wasnt good

Never leave us flere!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
No one rooting for Subaru?(
I AM!!!!!!!!!
Old 2012-02-08, 19:47   Link #212
Valky
Radioactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron21 View Post
Not going to get my hope up for a possible Kanade end.

Subaru being the end girl has been set in stone from the beginning. Subaru will win or it will be an open ending.
Agreed.

Pretty much as you said unless Jiro took the wrong turn and somehow become gay.
Old 2012-02-08, 23:38   Link #213
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

I'm on Team Kanade. Not a fan of Subaru. I'm usually rooting against the main heroine.
Old 2012-02-09, 00:04   Link #214
Chandalen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
I'm on Team Kanade. Not a fan of Subaru. I'm usually rooting against the main heroine.
I can dream, but yeah Subaru is the clear winner, and I can accept it in this case.

I tend to agree with you on the whole main heroines thing. Quite often (over 50%) they my LEAST favorite choice, the rest of the time they are #2 or worse. I think I can count on one hand the number of times my favorite choice 'won'. I don't know if it's cultural or what, but it's mind boggling to say the least. Typically not liking Tsun characters probably influences this a lot.
Old 2012-02-09, 02:07   Link #215
cyberdemon

Gotta be Subaru for me. kanade is good for a laugh. Never really cared for Usami though
Old 2012-02-09, 02:13   Link #216
Flere821
Lurker

As for who I'm rooting for... if Kanade was in her 'derechuki' persona then she wins hands down for me Her normal self however, I dislike schemers in romance genres.

Usami has some good chemistry with Jiro in recent volumes, but I don't like Tsundere characters that much >.>
Subaru, though I agree she's likely to win in the end (Main/first love interest and all), recent events have her too soft/timid for my taste. If this changes in future volumes I might change my mind, but right now she's not who I'd root for.

tl;dr - I'm rooting for Shure Yes, I know I've said I don't like tsunderes that much, but in Shure's case her tsun side is always played for laughs whereas Usami's tsun side actually influences on her relationship with Jiro. This makes her so much more bearable.
Then there's her scene with Jiro at the shrine... being able to smack some sense into Jiro while a heartwarming scene right afterwards? Win, I tell you.

Of course, being one of the farther heroines (farther than even Nakuru, possibly coming in at last place with her imouto + Kanade, Subaru and Usami ahead of her if I didn't miss anyone. Kureha don't count due to being blood-related and thus not in the running) there's no way Shure will end up getting Jiro's heart ^^;
Old 2012-02-11, 08:43   Link #217
Athena
The Power of One

Well, IMO, Usami will be the girl with whom the author will toy with, making her Jiro's lover en making them break up.

Kanade's end is possible. It could turn out that Jiro always had feelings for her, but simply ignored them.

Subaru's seems the most probable though.
Old 2012-02-12, 18:06   Link #218
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

If Jiro ends up with anyone but Suburu i will feel very cheated by this series!

Im hoping for a proper confession scene in the next volume.

Flere did the anime change anything from the LN? like the ending where kanade hurts herself and the family blamed Suburu
Old 2012-02-12, 18:57   Link #219
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
If Jiro ends up with anyone but Suburu i will feel very cheated by this series!

Im hoping for a proper confession scene in the next volume.

Flere did the anime change anything from the LN? like the ending where kanade hurts herself and the family blamed Suburu
There's almost always changes in anime adaptations of a LN... I really can't be stuffed listing every one of them though ^^;

For example, that fighting game wasn't played in the cafe, and when Jiro worked at the cafe with Usami only Kanade showed up.
Old 2012-02-12, 19:35   Link #220
Shadow5YA

As much as I want Kanade to win, I know better than to expect that. It'll almost certainly be a Subaru ending.
Closed Thread

Tags
romance, shounen