AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2015-04-20, 08:04   Link #201
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

The teaser/trailer did not instill much faith in me.
I wouldn't pass judgement without watching it, but eh, that felt like a fan-directed mock preview.
Old 2015-04-20, 09:53   Link #202
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2015-04-20, 12:25   Link #203
sunset
Twilight Impersonator

I'm surprised so many people disliked it, I honestly loved it.
Sure it's just a teaser but it worked great in hinting at things to come.
You know Snyder will deliver in the action front, so they focused more on the conflict that will lead to the clash.

The soldiers kneeling was a bit much, though, I hope they explain that.

Lex sounds like a Joffrey-level weasel.
sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-20, 20:31   Link #204
sayde

I'm on the fence about this one based on the trailer.
1.) Am I supposed to believe that freaking Batman is ever supposed to take Superman on in a direct head to head confrontation? Even with armor on, that doesn't sound very plausible to me unless it's Tony Stark tier tech packed with kryptonite as a battery. lol

2.) And that voice...yeah...wasn't really diggin the Ultron digitized deep voice on Affleck either. But I'll get over it since I doubt Affleck's Batman will sound like that out of the armor.

But on the bright side, I did like the rest of the trailer and how it set things up with regards to Superman's status in society as of late. I think it's just the premise of the film and what its hyped up to be that bothers me. Because I love Batman but to set the film up to be "Batman vs Superman" just raises too many red flags for me. I mean this isn't the type of battle I'd want to advertise my movie on much less actually center my movie on if I were to make such a thing. So if this movie does ultimately turn out to be a team-up flick, I think I would've preferred it if the movie was being pushed as just that from the get-go so that any actual fight between Superman and Batman wouldn't be the focused highlight of the film since there's so many things that could go wrong with portraying such a battle on the big screen.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-21, 00:33   Link #205
sunset
Twilight Impersonator

Clues seem to indicate that Batfleck is gonna assemble other heroes to take on Supes.
Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg and Flash are already confirmed.
In the original Dark Knight Returns story from which apparently the writers drank inspiration, Batman was also aided by an arrow of synthetic Kryptonite.
Of course there is no kryptonite in the Man of Steel universe so far, but there is that kryptonian athmosphere that rendered him powerless.
sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-21, 04:14   Link #206
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

IMAX Last 10 seconds leaked!

Spoiler for GIF Batman V Superman clashing:

Edit:

Batman v Superman Posters. For those who attended IMAX you will get a free ticket 1 week early March and a choosing of Batman or Superman poster

Spoiler for Batman v Superman IMAX posters size:
Old 2015-04-21, 05:37   Link #207
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

It doesn't make sense for Superman to "rush" towards Batman like that... I would have expected him to simply just turn himself into a projectile and slam Batman into the wall. He looked too human there.
Old 2015-04-21, 07:39   Link #208
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

How will the writers nerf Superman, so Batman can even be a match for him?
Old 2015-04-21, 07:52   Link #209
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
How will the writers nerf Superman, so Batman can even be a match for him?
Since there is no Kryptonite, then it'll be a super suit, gravity gun, red sun, Kryptonian air (like in the first film) or magic (depending on what they are doing with Wonder Woman). Or maybe Supes will know Batman is not bad, so he will not be fighting at full strength.

Last edited by james0246; 2015-04-22 at 10:25.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-21, 08:25   Link #210
HasuMasu
*Artist

It wouldn't make sense if Superman weren't fighting at like...millionths of his power 99% of the time anyway. I think in his own words it's so that he won't shift the continents by flexing a bicep.

Batman isn't like Zod. You can hardly afford to hold back with a fellow Kryptonian, but with Batman...actually, if he misjudges his limiter calculation a bit, then that can be a narrow gap for Batman to win (a gap you just know he'll get through...because he's Batman).
Old 2015-04-21, 14:46   Link #211
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

World of Cardboard.
Old 2015-04-21, 18:36   Link #212
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Since there is no Kryptonite, then it'll be a super suit, gravity gun, red sun, Kryptonian air (like in the first film) or magic (depending on what they are doing with Wonder Woman). Are maybe Supes will know Batman is not bad, so he will not be fighting at full strength.
Y'know one the issues i take with Batman using a super suit to fight superman is the nagging question, what happens to the super suit after the film? I mean If Batman could make a super suit that could rival superman then why doesn't he use it all the time after they fight? I mean most of batman's rogues gallery would be complete push overs if he had super strength and durability. Batman should basically become an extreme high tech superhero like iron man or something. Once you let the super tech genie out of the bottle you can't exactly put him back in.

The supersuit kinda works better in a story like the Dark knight Returns because that is a story of what is basically batman's last fight. He uses the tech to take on supes one last time, then "dies" and dissapears from the public eye.
Old 2015-04-21, 18:40   Link #213
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Batman should basically become an extreme high tech superhero like iron man or something. Once you let the super tech genie out of the bottle you can't exactly put him back in.

The supersuit kinda works better in a story like the Dark knight Returns because that is a story of what is basically batman's last fight. He uses the tech to take on supes one last time, then "dies" and dissapears from the public eye.
Like you said, it only works in "finale" stories. It worked in Dark Knight Returns, and it worked in Kingdom Come. It works in Batman Beyond as well, since the villains get futuristic upgrades as well.

In this... they're going to need some kind of explanation as to why he stops using it, if they have him stop using it.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-21, 19:03   Link #214
monster

Because it's overkill for daily work? Because it probably won't be as stealthy as he would like it to be? Because it's too uncomfortable to use all the time?

It would be a similar reason why Iron Man probably won't use that armor he'll be using in this upcoming Avengers movie all the time.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-21, 19:12   Link #215
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Too taxing on his body/heart? Expensive to run/repair? While he is Bruce Wayne, even he has his limits.

Plus his style is to be the night. The scary thing that puts fear into the hearts of the criminals. A clanker like that just is not his style when dealing with the petty robbers and murders he usually goes after each night. Even Joker wouldn't normally warrent such a power suit.
Old 2015-04-21, 19:23   Link #216
GDB

But if he's running around with the Justice League, he has no need to try and be "stealthy".
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-21, 19:26   Link #217
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

This is probably a nerfed Superman. He probably fought somewhere that weakened him, Batman is able to synthesize kyrptonite and make it part of his suit, it's night time no sun to recharge Superman's godly powers. He was freaking running to punch Batman for pete's sake even in the Dark Knight Returns he was flying, he was only grounded when Batman "cheats". Traidor handshake to electric shock, exploiting his super hearing, pure concentrated acid in the eyes and boosted armor kicks and punches.

Another theory here is like the RedSun comic where Batman exposes or probably Lex Luthor exposes Sups into an artificial red sunlight beam that weakens him. If Superman had full power he would toast Batman in the ComicCon teaser trailer.
Old 2015-04-21, 22:49   Link #218
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Batman tends to not always run with the Justice League unless needed. He's still a loner mostly interested in Gotham City (save that he has Wayne Enterprises built and supply the Justice League with stuff and buildings).

Also in any Batman where he has to take on Superman, Batman cheats, because it is the only way and he knows it.

It depends on how much like the old Animated Series Batman this Batman is. That one was always at least a step ahead of everyone and had ways to defeat all the heros of the Justice League...just in case. (also able to throw Superman judo style via leverage and Superman not expecting it at all) Plus always had a sample of Kryptonite around...just in case.
Old 2015-04-23, 17:48   Link #219
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Batsuit. VERY Dark Knight Returns minus the tights.

Old 2015-04-23, 23:52   Link #220
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Batmobile/Tumbler

kinda small but fits 2 people

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?