AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Old 2016-10-22, 08:05   Link #201
Ulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasvik View Post
Yup, I'm afraid of that too . I was wondering why there is an audio-drama released, and why is it DVMC specifically...

I guess it will be for the sake of having two or so more episodes for the main plot... If I remember correctly (which it isn't very likely ) DVMC would be what's next with the main plot after TSR, so I guess they want to start just after, when all the drama begins and having something that stands pretty well alone as a drama cd will probably make sense, in japan at least (not for us which will never see it :P )
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-22, 08:10   Link #202
pwnagemaster
He who pwns all nubz

Obviously looking way into the future here, but when they eventually get around to dubbing it:
Who would be a good choice to voice Kalinin? His original voice actor died of a heart attack several years ago.

And didn't Chris Patton, Sousuke's VA, say that he wouldn't be working with Funi anymore? It was quite some time ago, so maybe that's changed, but I thought he said something about that.

And I'll be really sad if they give DVMC an audio drama instead of animating it. Maid Tessa, Captain Sailor, and Mardukas kicking ass are all things that need to be animated.
pwnagemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-22, 08:31   Link #203
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Mike did Kalinin justice in the English version.

I don't know if Chris' issue with Funi is resolved, but there's mention that he'd go back and do it. Just not sure if it means working with them.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-22, 09:08   Link #204
pwnagemaster
He who pwns all nubz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Mike did Kalinin justice in the English version.
I know. He was great. But Mike's no longer with us, as of July 11, 2008, so I'm asking if anyone has ideas on who could be a good replacement.
Old 2016-10-22, 09:15   Link #205
Mugen26

I'm hoping that while DVMC is a drama CD at the moment, maybe someday it could be a bonus OVA episode(s), depending on how the TV anime does.

With the English dubbing side of thinks, the best thing Funimation could do is outsource the Voice acting/directing to a dubbing studio in Houston so most (if not all) of the previous VA's could return. Retaining original voice actors is not an uncommon practice for Funi seeing as they outsourced the The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan broadcast dub to retain the LA cast. They also did the same for TSR back in the day when they let A.D.V handle the dub production while Funi handled the distribution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwnagemaster View Post
Who would be a good choice to voice Kalinin? His original voice actor died of a heart attack several years ago.
I've pondered this myself and have concluded that no matter how appropriate the recast english Kalinin may be, Mike's stoic and no-nonsense voice will never be out-shined. I actually think Chris Guerrero, who mainly works with Funimation at the moment, has a pretty good stoic old man voice (he plays TFS's Cooler and Dr. Gero as well) but if Funi does outsource it to Houston as I hope they do, he probably won't be an option.
Mugen26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-24, 17:24   Link #206
Mugen26

They finally updated the news section on the main site about FMP! IV with some interesting information. I don't know how accurate google translate is with this info but here is what is written:

Spoiler for FMP website blog post:

Judging from this post, it actually leads me to believe the Very Merry Christmas will also be included in the anime based on the "TV animated decision" comment. If this is the case, I'd be very happy about it. I was a bit disappointed to hear about the drama CD news that brought the assumption of a whole novel not becoming animated. I know people talk about how the series differs tonally after DVMC and how it should be skipped, but I trust Gatou and the anime staff to understand how to bridge the gap between the novels to make a more seamless transition. He was able to do a great job with bridging the first series into TSR so I'm confident DVMC could be animated without a problem.

Also, Dragon Magazine January Issue about the announcement seems a bit redundant unless there are more details listed in the magazine, which I'm hoping is also the case. I guess we shall know once Nov. 18th/19th comes around.

Last edited by Mugen26; 2016-10-24 at 19:57.
Old 2016-10-24, 21:30   Link #207
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Maybe they'll do an OVA afterwards, or put in in a second Fumoffu series.
Old 2016-10-24, 23:15   Link #208
pwnagemaster
He who pwns all nubz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen26 View Post
Judging from this post, it actually leads me to believe the Very Merry Christmas will also be included in the anime based on the "TV animated decision" comment.
We can always hope that it'll be animated in some way, but I feel like "TV animated decision" only applies to FMP!IV. Still doesn't confirm that it's not getting animated, I guess.
Old 2016-10-25, 00:28   Link #209
Darthtabby

They should animate DVMC as a Christmas Special.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-25, 01:23   Link #210
Mugen26

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwnagemaster View Post
We can always hope that it'll be animated in some way, but I feel like "TV animated decision" only applies to FMP!IV. Still doesn't confirm that it's not getting animated, I guess.
I'm not suggesting that this is a confirmation, however the way I interpreted google's translation is that both the DVMC audio drama and FMP! IV anime will feature a "decision", which I can't help but think that what they are referring to is:

Spoiler for Major SPOILER for DVMC novel:

In other words, a key event featured at the end of the DVMC novel could be in the new anime. If so, here's to hoping the whole novel is not skipped over with this "decision" only seen as a flashback.
Old 2016-10-25, 05:36   Link #211
FeistyDreams

Sorry, @Mugen, but you're misinterpreting it, probably cause of the google translate.

I roughly translated it the moment the official FMP! tumblr made the post, didn't make it pretty, but everything that goes together, IS together in my translation, so it should make it more clear

On Oct. 22 (Saturday) at the “Fantasia Bunko Thanksgiving Festival 2016″’s Full Metal Panic Special Stage, “Dancing Very Merry Christmas Audio Drama Confirmed!” And “Full Metal Panic! IV” for next fall, TV anime confirmed! These were anounced!!

Note that the sentence about FMP!IV is separate from the one about VMC. I opted to translate kettei as confirmed because 'decision' doesn't really mean the same in English, it... Well, if I'm reading it right, they used kettei to mean that these separate decisions were announced. So it's probably better to read it as "The decision for VMC audio drama and the decision for FMP!IV next fall TV anime were announced!" These are very distinctly separate entities.
Old 2016-10-25, 07:11   Link #212
Mugen26

Ah gotcha. Thanks for clearing it up for me! I had a feeling google translate was a little iffy with that, so I'm glad didn't commit to the idea
Old 2016-10-29, 15:20   Link #213
kitten320

So is this meant to be a sequel? If so, I might need to re-watch the other 2 seasons.
Old 2016-10-29, 15:27   Link #214
Sacredus

Yes, this will be sequel. They have 7 volumes to adapt (they might skip 6th one) so let's hope this would get (at least) 24/26 episodes.
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-29, 16:38   Link #215
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I hope the studio will leave the same character designer from the three series
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-29, 23:20   Link #216
FeistyDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
I hope the studio will leave the same character designer from the three series
It's still Osamu Horiuchi!
Old 2016-11-05, 16:36   Link #217
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post
Yes, this will be sequel. They have 7 volumes to adapt (they might skip 6th one) so let's hope this would get (at least) 24/26 episodes.
Then I better start re-watching cause my memory of the series is very shady now.
Thanks for info^^
Old 2016-11-11, 14:50   Link #218
Pierre

Sigh I am not deluding myself I always knew it would be Chidori, but I always preferred Tessa. That said Chidori was actually relatively alright and one of the few tsundere who was actually "justified" in giving the protag a beating every know and then.
Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-11, 15:39   Link #219
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Blowing up the lockers and threatening to shoot people who come close to you is justification to beat him down a bit for being a bit too protective and sneaky about it.
Old 2016-11-15, 23:29   Link #220
Tenzen12

Yep, sound like pretty good reason.

That said Tessa being better is matter of fact as is Nami being better than both of them combined