AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-03-30, 13:16   Link #201
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I also found Cour 2 more enjoyable overall than Cour 1. Cour 1 was very charming, but Court 2 was much more interesting with some excellent conflicts and a lot of welcomed character development.

Cour 2's finale isn't exactly climatic and it is kinda "playing it safe", but it nonetheless makes it clear how Shirayuki and Zen's relationship is developing and where it's very likely to ultimately end up.

Yes, it's certainly slower than how it would most realistically play out, but it's still light-years ahead of the vast majority of anime romances. Shirayuki and Zen have clearly confessed their feelings to one another, have talked about them in some detail, and have had multiple kisses. Zen is no horndog, but his deep desire for Shirayuki is still conveyed well, even with him kissing her neck. There's just the right amount of passion here to compliment all of the sugary-sweetness.

It's a beautiful ending, both beautiful in the heart and beautiful in glorious sparkling visuals. It might not have been a perfect ending, but I'm satisfied with it.
Well yea it's better than most but romance is pretty much a dying genre in anime with most of them just focused on teasing you.
I don't think there is even another serious romance show that aired in winter other than this show.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-30, 18:19   Link #202
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
I would give this show a C+, it would have been easily a B show if it's watchable multiple times. It's just one of those shows that is very good to watch once, but hard to watch a second time. Overall the finale was great, and I'm just glad it wasn't rushed or jump way ahead like having a wedding or something like that.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote