3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-04-27, 05:42   Link #201
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
that really wouldn't make their conduct any more chivalrous in any meaningful sense of the word.
Must I remind you that knights were people with a full armor with steel weapons fighting with a height advantage due to their horse against peasants with makeshift weapons?

Chivalry as we know it is largely an invention of poets.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-27, 06:51   Link #202
Annorax

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles883 View Post
Go check Macross mecha manual and macross compedium

VF-27 was create based on YF-29 data and blueprint who NUNS purposely leaked to entire colony. Also the another reason VF-27 was its cheaper and lack of tech necessary to create YF-29.
How is that relevant to anything I said?
My argument is that the mass-production version of the YF24 is 25, during F it was undergoing testing by SMS, there is so far no info on the VF-24. 27 is piloted by Cyborgs and 29 is used as anti-vajra plane.
Annorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-27, 07:18   Link #203
charles883

VF-25 is more modified design version of YF-24 to allow VF-25 more versatile and can use pack system and not Mass produce YF-24

http://www.macross2.net/m3/macrossf/yf-24.htm

Last edited by charles883; 2016-04-27 at 07:30.
charles883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-27, 07:31   Link #204
Annorax

Quote:
VF-25 is more simplify design version of YF-24 to allow VF-25 more versatile and can use pack system and also NUNS does not allow any colony ship mass produce VF-24 so Frontier Colony fleets compromise with VF-25 design as VF-24 still superior VF than VF-25 without pack system. Its like F-22 and F-35 where F-22 equivalent to VF-24 while F-35 is equivalent to VF-25 .
There is no mention of any VF-24, only the prototype YF model.
And 25's pack system=/= it have worse performance than the proto-24 as there are NO data on the 24 that we can compare.
Old 2016-04-27, 07:38   Link #205
xeviouses

Quote:
Well Alto still have YF-29 and in Macross 30 lore explain there limited production of YF-29 after 1 year. I still think there production of VF-29 as despite is anti- vajra weapon, its still superior compared to VF-25, so I think at least a limited production reserved for aces and elite pilot

With the release of new release of YF-24 DX, I think delta would feature VF-24
YF-24 was an experimental testbed for new technologies, just like 29 and 30 its not meant for mass-production.

The 25 is the mass production project that incorporates the tech introduced by 24.

Even in limited production the Durandal is unfeasible, simply because there is not enough Vajra corpses for production and maintenance. Also why bother making it an exclusive unit for aces and elites when you can easily give them the 25S variant?

Its easier to maintain and produce plus in the event of destruction easier to replace.

BTW anybody else notice that Mikumo's hair was glowing and glittering during her naked moment? That and the way she spreads her arms is similar to how she does it during the attack on their waccine show.
xeviouses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-27, 07:45   Link #206
charles883

Yes I noticed iT . Makes her not human. By at least I think she a ancient race, possibly original or First Anima Spiritia that fought and defeated Protodevlin. I mean she does not even flinch AT All when missile coming at her as if she got experience in combat

Well Like i says if Delta got feature Frontier episode where Windermere attack Frontier, obviously Alto will use YF-29 over his VF-25 after he heard after he heard how powerful Draken and I dont think SMS will scrap YF-29 yet
Old 2016-04-27, 07:52   Link #207
Annorax

Well she is the mysterious Venus. Maybe she IS a protodevlin try on the whole singing business, after Basara showed them the power of song
Old 2016-04-27, 07:55   Link #208
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Now back to this episode and while Lord Roid Brehm declared war on the NUNS under the flag of the Brisingr Alliance, we haven't seen King Gramia Nerich Windermere VI... unless we found out that the head of state is actually dead all along.
Going by Keith's being 19, chance of Gramia being alive are very slim, especially when Keith is an illegitimate son.

I suspect Arad/Mirage will do more Windermere info dump in the next episode to explain what is going on, probably along some Roid's exposition.They both recognized the Aerial Knights coat-of-arms this episode and were used previously for Windermere biology info dump. Everyone might even know that Gramia is dead too. While the plot is moving fast, the viewer is as clueless as Hayate/Freyja about what is happening.

Interesting little thing, Mirage was like 12 when Windermere won their independence war. I suspect she grew up in that area of the galaxy...which is like in the opposite direction to Macross 7 fleet.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-27, 08:03   Link #209
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
Must I remind you that knights were people with a full armor with steel weapons fighting with a height advantage due to their horse against peasants with makeshift weapons?

Chivalry as we know it is largely an invention of poets.
Exactly! Being a knight means being so much better than those dirty peasants that you don't need to resort to cowardly mucking about to win the day! Proper knights would be smashing the half starved peasants entirely by honorable force of arms while atop barded warhorses with couched lances. And then they'd rescue the damsels in distress, even if that involved shoving said damsels into sacks.

But hey. If the Kingdom of the Wind wanna emulate asshole IRL knights without even an ounce of pretense towards Arthurian ideals, then I won't shed a tear when they go the way of IRL Knights.
Spoiler for How to deal with knights:

Though since this is Macross, replace the gun with J-pop deculture and a metric shit ton of atomics reaction weapons.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-27, 08:09   Link #210
Annorax

WMD? Pretty sure music is the biggest WMD. Just add more speakerpod missiles.
Old 2016-04-27, 08:13   Link #211
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

We are getting away from episode 4 discussion, so please move the various off-topic discussions to a more on-topic thread.

Thank you.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-27, 09:25   Link #212
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Go check Macross mecha manual and macross compedium

VF-27 was create based on YF-29 data and blueprint who NUNS purposely leaked to entire colony. Also the another reason VF-27 was its cheaper and lack of tech necessary to create YF-29.
Not NUNS it was LAI. While Luca's family own it LAI itself is very shady making deals with Macross Galaxy and the Macross Consortium. The former being corporate cyborgs the later being the foundation that created the X-9 Ghost and Sharon Apple.

The VF-25 is a joint work between LAI and Shinsei. The YF-29 being a joint between LAI and Nova Industry.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-27, 09:28   Link #213
charles883

Thanks for info
Old 2016-04-27, 10:11   Link #214
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
It's hard to sympathize with the Kingdom of the Wind when they put up such a presumptuous air of nobility, yet fail so blatantly to engage in any actual noble behavior.
I hardly sympathize with either faction, other than trying to understand the situation. After all, for every action, there is a reaction, and there looks like to be serious bad blood between NUNS and Windies.

That, and chivalry is overrated

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-27, 10:54   Link #215
Annorax

Theorycrafting:
1.Anti-UN remnant mask as NUNS and attack Windamere
2.Sell VF to Windamere
3.???
4.Profit.
Old 2016-04-27, 16:30   Link #216
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
It's hard to sympathize with the Kingdom of the Wind when they put up such a presumptuous air of nobility, yet fail so blatantly to engage in any actual noble behavior.
I certainly get your point, but this is actually fairly typical of mecha anime.

Mecha anime often likes to have an antagonist side that is superficially "medieval Europe" in its military uniforms, style of speech, and overall way/style of doing things.

Aldnoah.Zero, Valvrave the Liberator, and even Code Geass are all examples of this.
Old 2016-04-27, 17:36   Link #217
magnuskn

At least they are not the "Bwah, all those other races are beneath us aristocrats!" type so often seen with the noble motif in anime. As far as we know, at least.
Old 2016-04-27, 18:21   Link #218
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
At least they are not the "Bwah, all those other races are beneath us aristocrats!" type so often seen with the noble motif in anime. As far as we know, at least.
I highly doubt they can top the Protodevlin in that attitude.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2016-04-27, 18:29   Link #219
magnuskn

Well, the Protodevlin didn't wear snazzy uniforms, though. ^^
Old 2016-04-27, 18:36   Link #220
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Well, the Protodevlin didn't wear snazzy uniforms, though. ^^
And usually they are accompanied by cool names. I mean, WTH is Llyod, Keith and Herman? Really? Really!?

- Tak