AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2016-05-01, 02:42   Link #201
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nork22 View Post
We all loved Honoka. It's just that she's main girl material.
I agree. She's definitely main girl material. Thank you for your kind words for Honoka.

Just to be clear, it's not my aim to bash Chika. Just saying that character popularity polls aren't really a strong suit for Chika either.

Quote:
Plus the recent scandal (which was rather stupid and unfortunate ) kinda screwed Honoka a bit.
She'll get pass it. Emi, like the character she voiced, is a strong person that can overcome adversity.
Old 2016-05-01, 13:28   Link #202
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
No, that's not for sure. Chika isn't exactly doing that hot in character polls herself.

And if Love Live! fans disliked Honoka as much as you're implying then it's unlikely that the Love Live! movie would have been the massive commercial success that it is (particularly on Blu-Ray). Honoka was definitely the central character in that movie, and I didn't hear/read many people complaining about it, and I know many LL fans (including myself) that loved her story in the movie.

I think you and some others are overreacting to this. It's fine for You to have a mild side. In fact, that could help round out her character.
Let's just say she was the least favorite and not liked or disliked. I will admit that i am not the biggest Honoka fan, but i don't dislike her anymore than Hanayo or Rin and i can't complain much about the Movie because it is their last work. It could have been better, i have never been a fan of super natural beings getting involved in the story, so that time traveler Honoka or whatever it was wasn't my cup of tea. It does tie the lose ends with the story, so not much to complain in that aspect.
Old 2016-05-01, 17:49   Link #203
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Zura! Here's Hanamaru's introduction that came out a couple of days ago.
Ironically, there's not that much zura in the actual video

Well, that's one more ship for the list, and its a blatant one. Very reminiscent of Hanayo and Rin, which is awesome. Also, her voice is much better when you're not trying to fit it with the "young" image.

Quote:
Also, the final part of the audio drama has been translated.
Listen as they argue on which one makes a best mascot. Coelacanth, frogs or penguins.
https://vimeo.com/wonderzone
Mistake!

So, is Chika gonna be a jokester type of character? As in, she keeps trying bad puns all the time? Well, it does remind me of Kaede, so I'd say that's a point in favor.

On other stuff, someone besides Maru has doujins at last. Good day.
Old 2016-05-01, 18:09   Link #204
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
Let's just say she was the least favorite...
No, I'm not saying that. I'm not saying that because I sincerely don't believe it's the case. You haven't proven it in the least. Honoka isn't always last in character polls. And character polls aren't the only measures of how well-liked a character is anyway. The fact Honoka is clearly the central character of an extremely successful anime movie says a lot.

Quote:
and not liked or disliked.
Plenty of Love Live fans love/like Honoka. So she is definitely liked. So cut out the petty character-bashing BS, seriously.

Instead of pointlessly bashing other people's favorite girls on this thread, maybe you should focus more on saying what you like about the Aquors girls.
Old 2016-05-01, 18:43   Link #205
Pen3

Soo salty... there will always be a favorite character among anything, Anime shouldn't be a Marxist culture. Just like a thread about who sounds better will have somebody that will say they all sound good and we shouldn't say one sounds better than the other because we're all equal.

I don't understand why you think it is bashing bullshit? When you can't afford all the LL figurines, aren't you picking the ones you like more than the others?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Instead of pointlessly bashing other people's favorite girls on this thread, maybe you should focus more on saying what you like about the Aquors girls.
So i am not allowed to state that Mari is usually on the bottom of the polls because it isn't positive and bashing the character?

Either ways i don't want to argue over this anymore so, Honoka is not usually on the low end of polls, she is sometimes on the top end of them and the main reason the movie was a success.
Old 2016-05-01, 21:51   Link #206
Nork22

Quote:
So i am not allowed to state that Mari is usually on the bottom of the polls because it isn't positive and bashing the character?
There was one time where Honoka won the centre election for the 4th single and there's this thing where she was centre for Snow Halation. Don't know if that was voted by the fans but I would imagine it was.

With Mari's situation, this harks back to a time where Eli used to come last in any of the votes prior to the anime coming out. I'm getting deva ju vibes again, but with the audio dramas that came out, I think her placement may change somewhat. And I bet it will continue to change when the anime comes out.
Old 2016-05-01, 23:32   Link #207
Pen3

With the recent live broadcast, she is starting to become more popular so i can see her moving up on the poll.
Old 2016-05-01, 23:49   Link #208
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Okay, let me go in and stop this leak before it turns into a flood.

In the original LL forums here in AS, we had this unwritten agreement among posters about not slamming, tearing down, or admitting that you don't like a certain idol. You kind of keep that to yourself because for some or most it's personal.

As a result of this unwritten rule, there was never any conflict there. The concept or message of LL was and still is roughly about being positive and cool about everything. It was a niche community before it blew up. All we did was post Art and get hyped to see our favorite girl on screen. No one came in to hurt other feelings.

The LL forum was the safest place in AS. No hyperbole or salt.

Penn, you wouldn't want someone saying the same exact thing about Umi right? Imagine someone writing the same exact words that you wrote about Honoka, but replace it with Umi. You would be salty too. I'd be the same if was Maki. I'll gladly take a permanent ban for her.

That's what I'm saying, there's no winning here and it'll just escalate and people will get markups. As cliche as this sounds, idols are serious business.

On a lighter note, if I wasn't a minion since Day -8. I would have been after discovering Yohane's Current Fallen Angel pic.

That image would have the same impact it did like this one:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2016-05-02, 00:05   Link #209
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
Okay, let me go in and stop this leak before it turns into a flood.

In the original LL forums here in AS, we had this unwritten agreement among posters about not slamming, tearing down, or admitting that you don't like a certain idol. You kind of keep that to yourself because for some or most it's personal.

As a result of this unwritten rule, there was never any conflict there. The concept or message of LL was and still is roughly about being positive and cool about everything. It was a niche community before it blew up. All we did was post Art and get hyped to see our favorite girl on screen. No one came in to hurt other feelings.

The LL forum was the safest place in AS. No hyperbole or salt.

Penn, you wouldn't want someone saying the same exact thing about Umi right? Imagine someone writing the same words that you wrote about Honoka, but replace it with Umi. You would be salty too. I'd be the same if was Maki. I'll gladly take a permanent ban for her.

That's what I'm saying, there's no winning here and it'll just escalate and people will get markups. As cliche as this sounds, idols are serious business.
This is a discussion forum, not a happy-go-lucky hugbox. If during the Sunshine anime someone in Aqours does something to earn my ire (like the overly done dramabombs in the climax of Love Live's first season and episode 7 of Cinderella Girls), I won't hesitate to post here about my displeasure of how she was portrayed.

Oh yeah, I recently found out that the director of Sunshine is the one who directed the infamous episode 12 of LL S1. I really hope he learned from that debacle of an episode and doesn't pull any of that overly heavy dramatic crap in Sunshine.
Old 2016-05-02, 00:13   Link #210
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

I know it's a discussion forum. I'm not trying to stop people from doing that. I'm just letting people know that it's not wise to mock other idols because it'll take away from whatever constructive conversation we might have if it disrupts the whole board.

I just don't want to write bitter stuff all the time. People love to be jaded and mean for some reason because maybe it leads to more conversation than writing good things since agreeing would stop the talks all together. What does that say about us? But then again, this is a different LL forum so maybe it'll be different this time.

To me, it just contradicts the content of their theme.

Tempster, you're a part of the original board. I remember those talks but they were constructive and made a lot of sense. As a result, Kotori was last on the poll and everyone was pissed especially Nork. I'm not stopping you or anyone for writing constructive stuff, but what went down today was just going to get ugly and vengeful if no one said a thing until the Mods stepped in.
Old 2016-05-02, 01:27   Link #211
Pen3

Quote:
Penn, you wouldn't want someone saying the same exact thing about Umi right? Imagine someone writing the same exact words that you wrote about Honoka, but replace it with Umi. You would be salty too. I'd be the same if was Maki. I'll gladly take a permanent ban for her.
I wouldn't care that much. I read peoples comments on how she messed up her line with Kaguya on day 2 of final live and i got over it in a minute. If you can find anything worst than that then go ahead and post it. Kotori, my 2nd favorite girl messed up on day 1 of the final live also and it didn't bother me. I think messing up on your last live is more hurtful than anything i have ever said about Honoka and you are welcomed to point out anything else Umi or Kotori didn't do well in.

Poll wise? Umi has never done great in them, usually in the middle and never on top compared to the Bibi girls and that doesn't bother me. You can point out any poll she bombed in and i wouldn't consider that bashing my waifu. Just facts and another persons opinion.
Old 2016-05-02, 01:29   Link #212
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
but what went down today was just going to get ugly and vengeful if no one said a thing until the Mods stepped in.
Honestly I agree, I had been eyeing this thread for the past page or two as it was very close enough to the point where I was debating stepping as a mod rather than a poster.

Please consider this an unofficial warning for the thread that if it starts going as far as it did earlier it won't go unpunished if I see it happen it again.

Quote:
Besides Honoka being ranked either 8 or 9 on nearly every poll?
Quote:
Either ways i don't want to argue over this anymore so, Honoka is not usually on the low end of polls, she is sometimes on the top end of them and the main reason the movie was a success.
I am glad you backed down from your more provoking stance & admitted what polls shown in the past (especially here on AS) rather than escalating it further, a good choice.
MAL
Old 2016-05-02, 01:44   Link #213
Pen3

Yes, lets move on. Lesson learned is not to talk about a characters popularity result because it is probably somebody's waifu and it can get nasty. Fast.
Old 2016-05-02, 02:33   Link #214
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:

I don't understand why you think it is bashing bullshit?
Saying that Honoka is not liked is the straw that broke the camel's back for me. Because it's simply not true. And it isn't really the sort of anime content-based character criticism that Tempester is referring to.

Anyway, I'll leave it at that. Thank you for choosing to back down and admitting what polls showed in the past.

Congrats to Yohane on her recent success in character polls, by the way.
Old 2016-05-02, 05:25   Link #215
Nork22

Quote:
Tempster, you're a part of the original board. I remember those talks but they were constructive and made a lot of sense. As a result, Kotori was last on the poll and everyone was pissed especially Nork. I'm not stopping you or anyone for writing constructive stuff, but what went down today was just going to get ugly and vengeful if no one said a thing until the Mods stepped in.
Now that you mentioned it, I went on a nostalgia trip to the S1 thread to see when I poked my head in the forums. Surprise to see that it was somewhere in episode 7 but started to get into it at episode 10. Doesn't compare to my ramblings in the S2 thread. Ah memories. That's what it means to be a Love Liver.
Old 2016-05-02, 05:27   Link #216
Pen3

Don't mess with the birb fans lol.
Old 2016-05-03, 20:27   Link #217
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Ahhhh, Chika and her jokes. I freakin love it.
Old 2016-05-03, 22:23   Link #218
Requiem-x
The slacking one

I hope someone at some point tells You a tight sports swimsuit isn't a bad thing at all. I'm sure Chika will bring it up.

Spoiler for Spoiler:

That said, the regular uniform is fine too.
Spoiler for Spoiler:

And why not combine the best of both worlds?
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2016-05-03, 22:40   Link #219
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Oh yeah, I recently found out that the director of Sunshine is the one who directed the infamous episode 12 of LL S1. I really hope he learned from that debacle of an episode and doesn't pull any of that overly heavy dramatic crap in Sunshine.
No wonder S1's final act was weak; don't force a square cog into a triangular opening. The film spectacularly handles the change in cogs though

On a lighter note, our Dark Angel cometh!

GANBARIMASU
Old 2016-05-03, 23:57   Link #220
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Well, at least we'll be getting some nice shipping fuel by the end of it

Not the best of signs, but let's try staying positive.
Closed Thread

Tags
idol