AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-06-11, 16:35   Link #201
James Rye

I found this episode more entertaining than the last one. Probably because there was less fighting to showcase the lackluster animation. You don't need huge animation for deep talk. King being the one to pep-talk our bored Saitama into a hot rage declaring he will defeat King this time in a videogame was great. As was Garo getting done in with one kick when he was hyping himself up so much while Saitam afterwards said he had some hopes for the Hero Hunter to be interesting. xD
Old 2019-06-11, 18:10   Link #202
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It seems that despite spending such a long time around him, even Genos doesn't understand just how strong Saitama is. He thought they'd need his help and that of the S class heroes to defeat Goketsu. Saitama took care of him with just one punch.

King was really cool in this episode. Or he would have been, if his lines didn't come from a manga he read.

Other than that, too much jumping around once again.
Old 2019-06-11, 19:56   Link #203
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

A porcupine monster with free hugs sign, that was pretty funny, not that it made a difference in the end.

Also finding it funny how Saitama keeps beating up the hero hunter without even knowing it.
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-11, 22:56   Link #204
Wandering Soul

Kings seemed pretty insightful until it was revealed that he was getting his lines from a manga. Still, wisdom is wisdom I suppose.
Old 2019-06-13, 14:02   Link #205
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I don't get how characters can be so stupid when it comes to Saitama's power level. The dude doesn't even flinch when monster dude rains strikes on him but the monster dude is still all like "I've got you on the ropes now!". Chalk it up to delusion but then there's Suriyuu who sees all that (including monster dude being one shot) and still thinks he needs to stop Saitama going after the other monster dude. Kinda feels like a step back too: I distinctly remember an antagonist in the first season who was able to determine Saitama's power level as far beyond his own and recoiled in fear before Saitama even did anything. I think that was the "100 Push Ups" moment.

I wonder if the author is savvy enough to have deliberately written Saitama's arc as boring and repetitive in order to match Saitama's own boredom? That's the most value I got out of it.

Not that this didn't episode didn't have its moments. In fact, everything besides Saitama's POV was great. Garo getting knocked through the wall (he'll probably forget that too) and Puri Puri Prisoners almost admirable determination in being a total troll were good laughs. And Sonic's scene with the monsters was interesting because I really wasn't sure what his answer would be which led to the funniest moment of the entire episode. At the very least when it comes to comedy this show still has it.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-14, 07:57   Link #206
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I don't get how characters can be so stupid when it comes to Saitama's power level. The dude doesn't even flinch when monster dude rains strikes on him but the monster dude is still all like "I've got you on the ropes now!". Chalk it up to delusion but then there's Suriyuu who sees all that (including monster dude being one shot) and still thinks he needs to stop Saitama going after the other monster dude. Kinda feels like a step back too: I distinctly remember an antagonist in the first season who was able to determine Saitama's power level as far beyond his own and recoiled in fear before Saitama even did anything. I think that was the "100 Push Ups" moment
He's ego tripping. He's gotten so strong that he can't even imagine that Saitama is stronger. Vegeta does exactly the same kind of thing in DBZ all the time.

It also could be that he is "too weak" to recognize Saitama's power. The monster you mentioned was probably a lot stronger than this guy.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-14, 11:19   Link #207
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
It also could be that he is "too weak" to recognize Saitama's power. The monster you mentioned was probably a lot stronger than this guy.
In the manga, Suiryu managed to break Bakuzan's toe, and that was with him being injured after getting stomped by Goketsu. There was a very large gap between Bakuzan and Goketsu, that's the reason Suiryu wanted to stop Saitama.
Old 2019-06-14, 11:21   Link #208
skaianDestiny

It should be noted that Gouketsu (the one that was offscreened and had 4 eyes) was significantly stronger than Bakuzan (the 4 armed one). The anime cut out a fight between the two.

Images
Manga Pages
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
skaianDestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-14, 13:57   Link #209
human6861

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I don't get how characters can be so stupid when it comes to Saitama's power level. The dude doesn't even flinch when monster dude rains strikes on him but the monster dude is still all like "I've got you on the ropes now!". Chalk it up to delusion but then there's Suriyuu who sees all that (including monster dude being one shot) and still thinks he needs to stop Saitama going after the other monster dude. Kinda feels like a step back too: I distinctly remember an antagonist in the first season who was able to determine Saitama's power level as far beyond his own and recoiled in fear before Saitama even did anything. I think that was the "100 Push Ups" moment.
You have to remember that most of saitama early enemies was top of monster class , and that bug guy antagonist who can feel how strong Saitama can easily top 5 powerful monsters so far .
human6861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-14, 15:09   Link #210
Dj0rel
True Believer

I'm surprised nobody talks about the return of Armored Gorilla. And that he took out Martial Gorilla with one punch while bying groceries.
Old 2019-06-14, 18:39   Link #211
skaianDestiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj0rel View Post
I'm surprised nobody talks about the return of Armored Gorilla. And that he took out Martial Gorilla with one punch while bying groceries.
Difference between a Tiger and a Demon.
Old 2019-06-14, 21:57   Link #212
Chosen_Hero

So taking into account how strong Suriyuu is, if he becomes a hero he would definitely be S class, right?
Old 2019-06-15, 01:04   Link #213
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
So taking into account how strong Suriyuu is, if he becomes a hero he would definitely be S class, right?
He won't be S Class. In fact I doubt he can even beat Genos.

But he is certainly Top 5 material for Rank A.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-15, 01:39   Link #214
skaianDestiny

Suiryu is most definitely S-class, given he's able to beat a Demon. Murata has also said Suiryu and Garou at this point in time are roughly equal.
Old 2019-06-15, 04:51   Link #215
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaianDestiny View Post
Suiryu is most definitely S-class, given he's able to beat a Demon. Murata has also said Suiryu and Garou at this point in time are roughly equal.
If I not mistaken, Rank S heroes are supposed to beat dragon level threat.
Old 2019-06-15, 06:15   Link #216
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
The Deep Sea King was only Demon, right? Yet Genos and Puri-Puri Prisoner both had problems with him. So some Demon ranked monsters are beyond some S-class heroes.

Dragon level enemies either require multiple S-class heroes or one of the stronger ones, like Tatsumaki.

Although the ranking system is pretty vague.
Old 2019-06-15, 08:46   Link #217
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
The Deep Sea King was only Demon, right? Yet Genos and Puri-Puri Prisoner both had problems with him. So some Demon ranked monsters are beyond some S-class heroes.

Dragon level enemies either require multiple S-class heroes or one of the stronger ones, like Tatsumaki.

Although the ranking system is pretty vague.
I think that Genos would have won had he not saving the civilians though, but then Genos is meant to be a jobber in every situation no matter what.

Then I guess Suiryu could be a low tier Rank S Hero like Puri and Genos.
Old 2019-06-15, 10:04   Link #218
skaianDestiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
The only requirement is that they can beat a Demon solo.
Old 2019-06-15, 17:00   Link #219
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
And for them to get Amai Mask's approval.
Old 2019-06-15, 19:04   Link #220
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
You know, I don't remember this "beat a Demon solo" requirement. When was that mentioned?

Tags
action, super hero