Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-02-11, 19:47   Link #201
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm not sure what the scenes with Shinobu's grandma were trying to imply. That she doesn't know the Queen match won't air on TV because she doesn't care about her granddaughter, or that she actually cares about her because she's trying to watch the match?
I think it's supposed to be a joke about old people not knowing about stuff like streaming. Rather sad I thought.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-11, 22:14   Link #202
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Shinobu really raddled there in the second match But have to say Harada is really going strong still being his 3rd match

Where dose Shinobu find those clothes
Old 2020-02-12, 09:27   Link #203
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I think it's supposed to be a joke about old people not knowing about stuff like streaming. Rather sad I thought.
Yeah, that could just be it. In fact, it was another old lady they showed at the end, wasn't it?
Old 2020-02-12, 12:41   Link #204
Uribatake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yeah, that could just be it. In fact, it was another old lady they showed at the end, wasn't it?
Yes, that was Suo's aunt Yukiko. You'll learn more about her next week.
Uribatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-12, 15:51   Link #205
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
It's not really a joke, and it's not just because she's old.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-12, 17:57   Link #206
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Increasingly in recent years Suetsugu has become invested in the overall state of the karuta “industry” - thinking about the series’ legacy no doubt. All this focus on the lack of a TV broadcast is part of that.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-12, 19:30   Link #207
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Increasingly in recent years Suetsugu has become invested in the overall state of the karuta “industry” - thinking about the series’ legacy no doubt. All this focus on the lack of a TV broadcast is part of that.
Are there no TV broadcast in real life either, or is it anticipation on her part?
Old 2020-02-12, 21:12   Link #208
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

No, that happened a few years ago and she included it in response to that. Given that Chihayafuru has legitimately boosted the popularity of karuta (and the prayer coffers at Omi Jingu) significantly, it's possible that it's gone back on TV now - I haven't checked.
Old 2020-02-13, 11:30   Link #209
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I see. The manga must have definitely boosted the popularity karuta those past few years, but I wonder how long that will last once the manga ends. Suegutsu herself is probably painfully aware of that, which is why she opened that fund.
Old 2020-02-14, 12:13   Link #210
Arya

Queen match is torning me apart .. I don't know to whom side with. I like them both equally. with a bit of an edge toward Haruka for her bright an strong attitude.

On the Meijin side of the episode, I'm kinda slowly leaning toward Suo. I actually don't like Harada taking advantage of a (hypothetical) weakness of Sou. Even if perfectly in character of him, it didn't site well with me. also the hints were strong on Sou situation this episode, so he seems to have a family that lives in a poor condition, but I'll wait to see how it will unfold.

about old people not knowing about the streaming, may be I'm wrong, but i took that as a way to show a similarity between the two granma in their affection toward their grandchildren.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-18, 18:04   Link #211
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Shinobu won, and actually had fun playing. I'm happy for her. It's a shame Haruka couldn't reach her goal but she came really close. She can walk out proudly.

Suo's backstory does make him a lot more sympathetic, but I'm still completely behind Harada. The author is resorting way too much to luck of the draw though... we'll see if Harada managed to pick the right card once again.
Old 2020-02-19, 11:38   Link #212
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I've found this season less compelling because it spends so much time on the matches and so little on the characters. In particular I miss the supporting characters like Kanede who seem relegated to sitting in the audience and acting like a Greek chorus.
Old 2020-02-19, 17:41   Link #213
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

That’s often been a problem for me with Chihayafuru but the Harada-Suou match in particular is one I find absolutely compelling.
Old 2020-02-19, 19:38   Link #214
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
I've found this season less compelling because it spends so much time on the matches and so little on the characters. In particular I miss the supporting characters like Kanede who seem relegated to sitting in the audience and acting like a Greek chorus.
I thought it was worse in season two. There's much more focus on characters in this season, those characters simply happen to be different ones.

This season has been a really pleasant surprise for me. Given some of the comments from manga readers, I was a bit fearful, but it's been really good.
Old 2020-02-19, 23:17   Link #215
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

It's still adapting the good part of the manga...
Old 2020-02-20, 05:13   Link #216
moridin84
Custom User Title

You know it's funny that I'm far more invested in the friendship between Chihaya and Shinobu than I am with the love triangle.

I wish there was a youtube video with all the scenes between Chihaya and Shinobu.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-25, 17:56   Link #217
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I was happy to see Suo clean up his act and show respect to Harada. Really shows what a great man Harada is. When he said he had fun for the first time playing karuta, I thought that would be the reason he wouldn't retire, but instead it turned out to be Arata challenging him, a player he's always found boring. That's lame. I guess you can interpret it as him using it as an excuse to continue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
You know it's funny that I'm far more invested in the friendship between Chihaya and Shinobu than I am with the love triangle.
Same here. The reveal of what the tasuki was made of and Shinobu's comment about Chihaya warmed my heart.

And I'd say I'm not invested in the love triangle at all, in fact. I couldn't care less who Chihaya end up with. The race ended before it even started anyway.
Old 2020-02-25, 18:32   Link #218
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

So will we have to wait another six years for Chihayafuru 4? I'm pumped for the Chihaya x Shinobu Queen matches. They look pretty far off though.
Old 2020-02-25, 18:57   Link #219
Wandering Soul

To no one's surprise, Harada lost. He did got Suo to respect him though, which is more than Suo does for most of his opponents. The fact that Suo's sticking around for a bit longer does mean there's still one more year left of opportunities to best him.
Old 2020-02-25, 22:06   Link #220
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Harada really did put up a good fight tell the very end

Tags
karuta