Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-08-13, 16:32   Link #201
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I don't know how dark it's gonna be, but I feel there will be some sort of twist. Because the conflict with Majima is coming too soon imo. It doesn't look like it's gonna last until the end. It feels like he's more of a mid boss.

Basically, I'm just getting the feeling the actual final showdown is Takina vs Chisato. I'm getting the strong impression that this is what the story is really building up to and Majima is just a mid boss they're using to distract us.

I could be totally wrong though. We'll see.
I think you're right on that take. That scene at the end where the Alan institute dude took the time to say to Takina that he was sure she agreed definitely feels like she might be a Plant. Wouldn't put it past the institute to have manipulated her whole situation just to get her close to Chisato and make her kill. Either by convincing her or by becoming a sacrifice (though I'm not sure the show plans to go that dark)
Old 2022-08-13, 17:30   Link #202
ryllharu

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that LycoReco is an official branch of DA.

I really like the way the series has set up a trio of clashes between the characters:

- Chisato and Majima being the obvious one.

- Kurumi and Robota across this entire season. He notably said there's no one left who can hack into DA, and no one left on this world who can do the things he can't. Because he thinks Walnut is dead by his hand. He'll hack into Radiata, and I'm willing to bet that Kurumi will break into it again to override him.

- Mika and Shinji disagreeing philosophically about what Chisato's true "talent" really is. Shinji sociopathically believes she is the best of all killers, and Mika has been crafting nonlethal bullets for her before the tower incident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I think you're right on that take. That scene at the end where the Alan institute dude took the time to say to Takina that he was sure she agreed definitely feels like she might be a Plant. Wouldn't put it past the institute to have manipulated her whole situation just to get her close to Chisato and make her kill. Either by convincing her or by becoming a sacrifice (though I'm not sure the show plans to go that dark)
I think he just meant that Takina knows that Chisato is too good to be an errand girl doing "low-end" jobs. That's what their branch ends up doing, whatever requests while the main force focuses on counterterrorism and other violent crime.

What Shinji said to her is what Takina used to think too, before the pair went back to DA and Takina found a different place for herself at last. He's just not correct anymore.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-13, 18:04   Link #203
Kazu-kun

Personally, I'm not worried about Takina making a heel turn or being a spy. I think it's more likely for Chisato to end up losing her way. This episode made it clear Chisato's admiration for Shinji is huge. Shinji and the Alan institute as a whole are the source of Chisato's personal philosophy and way of life, and that means they have the power to sway her emotionally.

I thought it was jarring how Shinji was interrupted by Mizuki and Kurumi just when he was about tell Chisato he wants her to kill, but that means the writer wants to make a huge deal out of this. When Shinji finally gets to tell Chisato what he wants for her, it's gonna be a huge and important moment in the story. I don't know if that alone will make Chisato kill again but will definitely be enough to test her determination and loyalties, and after that, one more push is probably all it takes to make her kill again, I think.

If that happens, Takina will be the one to stop her and bring her back.

But that's all speculation at this point. We have Majima to deal with first. Let's see what happens.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2022-08-14 at 02:18.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-13, 18:20   Link #204
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

All the yuribaiting, and we end up with yaoi instead
I've seen people call Mika gay for a long time now but I thought they were joking. I didn't notice the hints.

Majima being an Alan child on the other hand has been obvious for a while to me. Who else would Shinji choose him to bring down DA and Chisato's talent to kill than one of his own "children"? I never would have thought he was one of the terrorist during the tower incident though.

As for the future, I agree with Kazu-kun. I'm thinking the Majima plotline will end with Chisato being forced to kill him, and Shinji using that and the influence he has on her to make her his personal hitwoman. Takina will have to fight her and bring her back to her senses.
Old 2022-08-13, 18:39   Link #205
Tenzen12

I don't think Chisato gonna kill Majima. If she were to kill someone it it will be Shinji and it will be part of his plan. Though I can also imagine Majima ruining it and killing him in last second himself instead and eventually getting away with little to no consequences after being defeated by her.
Old 2022-08-14, 00:12   Link #206
Sides

'o'
I reckon that most people, me included, thought that Takina's situation was just her being unlucky, but what if Takina was ordered to kill those folks at that weapon deal?

I am surprised that Mika prefers men. Were there any hints, before episode 7, that indicated that? Like something with his hairstyle, what he is wearing, the way he speaks? Just curious, because it didn't occur to me that he is homosexual, before this episode.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-14, 01:29   Link #207
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Honestly I don't think Takina is a good enough actress to be a plant. Her desire to get back into the DA after getting kicked out felt genuine. I think she is exactly what we've seen. A serious and almost too literal person that acts as soon as she makes a decision to do something. Feels pretty believable that she made a snap decision to take the most effective means of saving their comrade when accounting for her shooting skills.

There'd be little reason of putting on an act when thanking Shinji outside. Now I do think they will attempt to use Takina against Chisato. Hanging reinstatement into DA over her head to get Chisato to change her stance. Maybe even trying to convince her that their partnership wouldn't even have to end with them both going back to the DA. But I think she knows darn well what Chisato truly wants and won't betray that. But we'll see what happens.
Old 2022-08-14, 02:23   Link #208
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Hanging reinstatement into DA over her head to get Chisato to change her stance.
I don't think Shinji can offer Takina a reinstatement into DA though. I don't think there's any connection between the Alan Institute and DA.
Old 2022-08-14, 10:58   Link #209
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
I am surprised that Mika prefers men. Were there any hints, before episode 7, that indicated that? Like something with his hairstyle, what he is wearing, the way he speaks? Just curious, because it didn't occur to me that he is homosexual, before this episode.
I like that the series treats his homosexuality as no big deal and moves along. There wasn't any actual hinting because it's treated in such a matter-of-fact way.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-14, 14:10   Link #210
Wandering Soul

Wasn't expecting some Yaoi out of a Yuri-bait show, but I'll take it. It was handled pretty well too.
Old 2022-08-14, 15:39   Link #211
Marina2

Lycoris x City Hunter
https://twitter.com/ymzkmsr/status/1558698727774138370
Old 2022-08-14, 15:43   Link #212
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

Uh oh. I just made a connection that could spell trouble for a bunch of Lycoris.

Spoiler for a future episode:
Old 2022-08-14, 22:49   Link #213
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I like that the series treats his homosexuality as no big deal and moves along. There wasn't any actual hinting because it's treated in such a matter-of-fact way.
Honestly I'll give it a thumbs up for that. It didn't need any special attention and was just treated as a matter of fact thing. It definitely matters since Mika and Shinji are standing on different sides of the Chisato issue. But it doesn't treat it as awkwardly as a lot of shows and movies tend to.

Makes me curious to see how things will turn out. Will Mika end up shooting Shinji? Is it possible to get Shinji to change his mindset and accept that Chisato has chosen her own life's mission for herself? Who knows. I think Shinji dying is more likely than not, but it's hard to say.
Old 2022-08-15, 05:35   Link #214
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 7:

when Lycoris enter the cafe. the loli get scared and pretend to be a member of the DA. lol

Chisato finally find the man she's looking for and thank him. It looks like Yoshi was about to say some more things, but Mitsuki and Kurumi barged in so he leave.

Mika is a good person. But he's scary when angered.. I thought he was gonna shoot Yoshi right there.

looking forward to next week.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-20, 12:03   Link #215
GDB

What a weird episode. The first half was just complete and utter nonsense, and really makes no sense in the grand scheme of things. If they were this bad off, why has it never been an issue until now?

But the second half was completely full of plot and I loved it. And we finally got to know Makima's talent, though I wonder why it was never brought up before now.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-20, 12:28   Link #216
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 8:

Takina in halloween costume while handing out gits to children - kawaii.

Kurumi getting a karate chop to the neck. lol

also did not expect Majima to visit Chisato apartment. They have a talk about the past.. Chisato looks so different during the tower incident.

I hope Takina can rescue Chisato in time.

looking forward to next week!
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-20, 12:43   Link #217
ryllharu

This was loaded with character development.

It's very obvious that while Takina misses basically every social cue she can, the other three are severely lacking in practicality. They were over-reliant on DA underwriting the cafe.

What really astonishes me about this series is the way it avoids tropes in such a natural way. Though it started as a threat, Majima and Chisato had a very calm discussion, with a coffee, and both learned quite a bit about their benefactor and each other in the process. He even heard Takina with his talent, and went out of his way to avoid a direct confrontation.

Given her reaction to being called cute and being asked about her age, Kurumi may not have been lying very much when she tried to enter the cool bar with Mizuki.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-20, 12:57   Link #218
Marina2

That scene at the end.........

In episode 5, it was mentioned that Chisato's Artificial Heart is special in that it has no problem with a lot of body movement. If her heart is damaged, her movement and dodging probably become a lot worse and she will be forced to stop her pacifist method - which is probably what is Shinji planning.
Old 2022-08-20, 15:48   Link #219
grecefar

I think is more like some sort of brainwashing.

Because chisato like she is now won't kill no matter what even if alans tells her to do it. I thought her not killing policy was because something that happened in the tower but she didn't kill even then.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-20, 18:08   Link #220
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
I think is more like some sort of brainwashing.
Yeah that's more likely because if they damage her heart she won't be able to be the perfect killer anymore, so that's a big no from Shinji.

By the way, I didn't like the inconsistency of Majima having super ears yet he couldn't detect Takina in episode 6 before she shot his gun away. The writing in this show is such a mess. Only the characterization and interactions are kinda decent. Everything else stinks.