AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-06-26, 20:37   Link #201
Bakakami

I just started watching Tsubasa Chronicle after getting into xxxHolic and I've just finished ep 11, the end of the Chun Hyang arc. I don't know a lot of the crossover characters and had to look up who Chun Hyang was. I was thinking though, if you just take the Tsubasa Chronicle anime by itself, it would be cool if Chun Hyang was actually Yuuko when she was a young girl. It would add a little space / time shift poignancy to the story. Anyway, just thinking out loud...
Bakakami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-26, 20:40   Link #202
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Its cool that you've just started the show and all, but if you keep coming into this thread, you're indeed going to be spoiled.

I think you're best of sticking to the Season one thread over in the DVD section for now.. just trying to help. ^^
Old 2006-06-27, 01:10   Link #203
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
Yep, its already been said before about Ashura - and as i said, the answer is she isn't a gender.
Maybe I'll have to make Ashura as my next avatar. I think that Ashura will look great with a white cross on the cheek. Does anyone have a great avatar to offer up for this (I can add the cross myself), or shall I create my own?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-27, 06:45   Link #204
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Maybe I'll have to make Ashura as my next avatar. I think that Ashura will look great with a white cross on the cheek. Does anyone have a great avatar to offer up for this (I can add the cross myself), or shall I create my own?
Are you looking for a manga image, or anime?
Old 2006-06-27, 21:16   Link #205
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I can easily say that i was in Awe through-out the whole of episode 35. Its just everything about this world, Ashura-o & Yasha-o that just makes me screem like a fangirl.. i adore it so much. I can't even start to express my feelings towards the realtionship between Yashi-o & Ashura-o, i've just never seen anything this romantic that captures a certain feeling of beauty that i love so much.

Now, for me: the dream that Sakura had about the past between Ashura-o & Yasha-o, that worked perfectly being able to see that before the final meeting of the two.. that way you could understand just what Ashura-0 was thinking in the final moments of travelling upto Yasha-o to finish him off, we shall get the full story nexted episode. & the fact that only three memembers from each side appeared for the final conflict.. i like it, it just makes the story with Yashura-o & Ashura-o a lot more important, you can see thats what they had in mind.

Wong.. his words within his scene were indeed powerful, and i see something new appeared, him saying "I've already made preparations to defeat her." Meaning Yuuko.. that was never said in the manga, so you really just gotta think what the hell he could have planned for our all mighty Witch.

Ashura-o's wish that she wanted to be granted has to be the cutest thing i have ever seen, i wonder if it'll be mention in the nexted episode.

& once again, the music was out-standing for this episode.. really can't wait for the III OST release nexted week.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2006-06-27 at 21:26.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-27, 21:43   Link #206
Sakuya
*Artist

What?! NExt week?! Already? But we're only on...episode 9 of the second season.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-27, 21:46   Link #207
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya
What?! NExt week?! Already? But we're only on...episode 9 of the second season.
What?

I was writing about episode 09 of Second Season, that is episode 35 of Tsubasa Chronicle.
Old 2006-06-27, 22:26   Link #208
DrewGSR

Damn the Yasha/Ashura parts is damn good. the whole world and the character is just plain awsome. One of the better worlds imo. Looking forward to next weeks up and see how it concludes.
DrewGSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-27, 23:38   Link #209
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
I was writing about episode 09 of Second Season, that is episode 35 of Tsubasa Chronicle.
Sorry, I was too excited that I forgot to quote. I was referring to your comment about the third OST coming out next week. And since we're only on episode 9 of the second season, that would be kind of fast. Where did you hear that?
Old 2006-06-27, 23:49   Link #210
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Just watched 35. Man I almost started crying there at the end. It definetly got to my hopeless romantic side the way Yasha just stood there looking at her, holding his emotions in and....

Damnit it's what I'd do too. All for the woman you love.
Old 2006-06-28, 03:12   Link #211
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Episode 35 (9)

Oh my God. For me, so far this is the best world. The relationship between Yasha and Ashura was portrayed in such a delicate and sweet way AND surprising! You think they're gonna pounce at each other any minute now, but they end up embracing each other. *dreamy sigh* Ashura is just so beautiful. Yes, Angelsama, I agree with everything you said!!

Finally I found out what's Wong's goal. I'm beginning to understand everything slowly (I'm thinking that Sakura is gonna be like Yuuko but Wong wants to steal the powers?)... I'm all excited for this new Syaoran, but I hope he won't end up fighting against Sakura, that would be so cruel!

The music so amazing that it made me cry. This is wonderful! Tsubasa ROCKS! *fangirls*
Lilith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-28, 03:24   Link #212
Sakuya
*Artist

I agree, this has been the most beautiful chapter ever! However, I'm kind of upset at myself for reading the manga because I couldn't take the wait any longer. But hey, it's Bee Train. So now, it does not come as a surprise to me. But we have to wait another week until this arc closes... Man it's slow.

I'm pondering if I should continue to read the manga and advance to future arcs...
Old 2006-06-28, 04:57   Link #213
SailorYue
IT IS CANON!!

Quote:
I agree, this has been the most beautiful chapter ever! However, I'm kind of upset at myself for reading the manga because I couldn't take the wait any longer. But hey, it's Bee Train. So now, it does not come as a surprise to me. But we have to wait another week until this arc closes... Man it's slow.

I'm pondering if I should continue to read the manga and advance to future arcs...
you should cuz beetrain is going to BUTCHER the lot of thenm:

lecourt-kuro's past: very bloody. will be surprised if they include all of it
tokyo: too much...blood, fighting...other...stuff T_T; alot of which again, ill be ERY surprised if they include all of it

[beetrain already messed a few things up in this arc, they left out some of the fighting, like fai pinning syaoran to the rockwall and othr stuff]
SailorYue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-28, 05:13   Link #214
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Re: Episode 35. That was indeed beautiful. This just reinforces how much I love Ashura and Yasha, and prompts me to go back for a re-read of RG Veda. <3

And contrary to others, I'm standing firm in the Ashura as Male Camp here!
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-28, 05:55   Link #215
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis
And contrary to others, I'm standing firm in the Ashura as Male Camp here!
LOL that would be so good for the Yaoi fangirl inside me.

Personally, I've started to think that Ashura is not human (pointy ears and cat-like eye pupil) thus does not have a gender. Like the angels in Wish.

Despite this, in my heart Ashura is female and in Wish everyone is male. XD;;
Old 2006-06-28, 05:57   Link #216
Skane
Anime Snark

Question

Requesting some clarification on the ending scene for Ep35.

Spoiler:

Cheers.

PS: Crisis' avatar just cracks me up.
Skane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-28, 07:06   Link #217
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Where did you hear that?
From CDJapan for a release on the 5th of July, i even have it preordered. Don't believe me? Go look yourself~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorYue
beetrain already messed a few things up in this arc, they left out some of the fighting, like fai pinning syaoran to the rockwall and othr stuff
And?

I don't know if you've noticed, but there are already a lot more scenes that have been in these past few episodes that aren't in the manga.. i'm saying thats a lot better then missing out tiny parts from the manga, that don't make up anything to the story at hand thats being told.

& you saying about butcher? I say thats crap - they've done a awesome job so far since episode 01 of following the story from manga to anime, and they'll keep doing that awesome job.
Old 2006-06-28, 15:26   Link #218
Sakuya
*Artist

Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-28, 15:37   Link #219
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Quote:
& you saying about butcher? I say thats crap - they've done a awesome job so far since episode 01 of following the story from manga to anime, and they'll keep doing that awesome job.
Unfortunately, I haven't read the manga, but I can agree with Angelsama on Beetrain doing an awesome job- especially in the second season.

The animation and music are top notch. Even though people complain about the filling episodes, I like them because they allow us to bond more with the characters and know more about them. Make us forget for awhile the dangerous mission they're in and the pain and sadness they hold.

So, yeah. Tsubasa anime = <3~
Old 2006-06-28, 16:51   Link #220
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Spoiler:
You can easily see the sword impaled into Yasha-o, as Ashura-o lands on the cliff.

Tags
shounen