AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-03, 10:47   Link #201
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

we know syphile is going to be in Revolution but how about Filia?

More Fili and Xellos interaction would be nice
Old 2008-06-03, 11:59   Link #202
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
we know syphile is going to be in Revolution but how about Filia?

More Fili and Xellos interaction would be nice
Probably not, unless you want a Chibi-Valgaav coming along.
Old 2008-06-06, 11:29   Link #203
kaokong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Probably not, unless you want a Chibi-Valgaav coming along.
Chibi-Valgaav hahahaha Hate to see that.
Old 2008-06-10, 08:28   Link #204
Ansa

I can't believe it's really coming out... I've wanted another season of Slayers for so long *teary eyed* this made my week XD

OP/ED sound kick ass as well, and seriously I'm amazed they gathered the old cast together for this one, it'll be hard to screw this up!
Old 2008-06-11, 02:00   Link #205
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Feel like I should do something drastic for only finding out about this now. I mean come on, considering how important Slayers was for me this is just unacceptable. I'm bloody rewatching the series right now and I had no idea...Probably one of the earliest memories of watching anime was the dub on VHS. Great cast and just a lot of good memories. Maybe I should watch some episodes with the japanese voices so I'm used to it. One of the few series I didn't feel bad listening to the dub for.

Hard to believe this is going to be airing next month. Talk about little wait after finding out about it. Should be a lot of fun to see how it all turns out. Hopefully the mix of original and novel material will come together as a great series. Will also be good to see Zel in action again. Just seemed natural for the guy to be my favorite character from the series.

Words really can't say how excited I am about this one coming. Love the OP/ED as well. Really gets you pumped for this .
Old 2008-06-11, 14:56   Link #206
Pyoro

i was looking at the updated webby, and i was kinda disappointed by the dull-looking art. hopefully, the actual tv series look better than that...
Old 2008-06-19, 16:36   Link #207
NakedAngelX

:f rustrated::fru strated: not long before it comes out!! Slayers Forever!! Lina Inverse Forever!!
Old 2008-06-20, 11:17   Link #208
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedAngelX View Post
:f rustrated::fru strated: not long before it comes out!! Slayers Forever!! Lina Inverse Forever!!
Or at least until she causes the end of the world .
Old 2008-06-20, 13:05   Link #209
ChibiGoku
FightingMagic Founder

Am I the only one particularly bothered that we have not recieved one single commercial clip for this anime, yet? TV-Tokyo tends to start running commercials for their anime atleast a month in advance. Yet, I'm seeing nothing here...
Old 2008-06-21, 05:14   Link #210
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I'm not bothered, but curious. I think they know that it is basically a revival of one of THE most popular anime of the 90's (I mean, Slayers was on top of the anime world for years way back when), so maybe they're letting the sheer hype itself do the trick instead of worrying about winning people over with a trailer like many brand new anime tends to do.

I don't know; call it the Star Wars hype syndrome. No footage until it nears the airing.
Old 2008-06-22, 00:44   Link #211
Wesley84

I'm not sensing much hype though. Personally I'm waiting in quiet anticipation, tinged with lowered expectations, and the worry that something very precious to me will be lost to a new modern interruptation of how an anime should be.
Old 2008-06-22, 03:57   Link #212
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Really? Just about every circle of anime discussion seems to be buzzing over Slayers over any other single project in a while. Maybe being one of the most anticipated titles this year.

I won't say it'll be an instant classic, but I have hope. JC Staff has been pretty consistent and with the old staff returning, I would like to think a major failure would be unlikley.
Old 2008-06-22, 09:17   Link #213
lightl

oh dont know if this shoud lgo here but my cCopy of the Slayers Megumix Cd is in shipping process let you know how the new opening sounds, tomarrow or Tuesday unless someone beats me to it
Old 2008-06-22, 09:39   Link #214
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Really? Just about every circle of anime discussion seems to be buzzing over Slayers over any other single project in a while. Maybe being one of the most anticipated titles this year.

I won't say it'll be an instant classic, but I have hope. JC Staff has been pretty consistent and with the old staff returning, I would like to think a major failure would be unlikley.
Hype is when news about it reaches ANN a lot. This series has been relatively quiet in comparison to GL or Macross Frontier.
Old 2008-06-23, 06:13   Link #215
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I think there can be different types of hype for these types of shows. Obviously, the big names like Gundam, Macross and all the big mecha shows will get hype simply because mecha shows are so insanely popular. Slayers will always have its own type of charm and hype as I see it. Again, because it is such an antiquated show now. It's like a new Rocky movie after a decade of absence.
Old 2008-06-23, 18:14   Link #216
Wesley84

I'd say it's more like Indiana Jones than Rocky.
Old 2008-06-26, 06:31   Link #217
Vespa

IT'S HERE!! 8D I'm excited, can you tell?

Wow, Zel looks very... bishounen.
Old 2008-06-26, 10:23   Link #218
Wesley84

I hope Megumi isn't hurting herself fullfilling the role.
Old 2008-06-26, 10:44   Link #219
Nemuru

I'm hoping that the mace Lina used in the trailer indicates Filia involvement in the story ^^,
Old 2008-06-26, 10:52   Link #220
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemuru View Post
I'm hoping that the mace Lina used in the trailer indicates Filia involvement in the story ^^,
Looks more like Dokuro's Escaliborg than Filia's Mace-sama. Probably just something she whipped out and smashed Goury with because it was funny.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, fantasy