v イイエイイエイイエ!!!v

Old 2009-09-18, 20:29   Link #202
Oppius
Banned

Spoiler for Haruka:
Old 2009-09-19, 00:54   Link #203
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I still think the best character in this anime 's chief Saki. She's the greatest loli in my anime lists (actually i can't figure out any other candidates) ^^

Too bad that this anime is not popular enough, otherwise i want to have a character poll
Old 2009-09-20, 12:26   Link #204
Midonin
Last Engage

An adorable little episode this week. While it starts with the fun community flea market and Saki putting her "innocent elementary schooler" act into full throttle, the second half is Kana meeting her predecessor. I can see why Saki and the crew liked Marimo so much. She seems like a nice person to be around. In fact, the entire second half of the episode was positively dreamlike, not unlike something out of ARIA.

The next episode is the finale, and this is one of the shows I'll miss from this season. It's a very nice work overall.
Old 2009-09-20, 12:51   Link #205
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

yeah i agree it was very dream like, especially with the addition of that song. I had Aria thoughts though from the second Kana started to follow her in the second half.

Adorable little episode anyway, and can't wait to see what the last episode will bring.
Old 2009-09-20, 13:30   Link #206
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Indeed, this series just keeps climbing and sliding down on my ranking list all the time. I guess I don't know what to make of it, but it is good nevertheless. In any case, I would have liked for them to explore Kana's self worth issues in more detail than whatever they will be able to come up with in the last episode, but such is life I guess....
Old 2009-09-22, 08:22   Link #207
Peanutbutter

Picked this up recently. Currently watched it till Ep 11.

Just want to comment that though I do not mind characters with vivid imagination, it gets on my nerves if it goes overboard. Kana is really getting on my nerves.

I don't mind seeing more Kana x Mika. The both of them seems to have very good chemistry as a pair.
Old 2009-09-22, 12:25   Link #208
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Hmmm, I figured there would be some sort of clarification of the initial plot line (what was actually happening when Kana ran away)... but it doesn't appear it will be happening in this anime that it was just an excuse to set up the situation. They're simply running out of time. Not terrible but it will lessen my overall feelings about the show a bit.
Old 2009-09-22, 12:43   Link #209
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Hmmm, I figured there would be some sort of clarification of the initial plot line (what was actually happening when Kana ran away)... but it doesn't appear it will be happening in this anime that it was just an excuse to set up the situation. They're simply running out of time. Not terrible but it will lessen my overall feelings about the show a bit.
Wait for it. One minute would do the trick: "Oh, we were moving everything to the beautiful apartment your grandma had set up for you." (Cue wash-basin falling from the sky on Kana's head. "Ba-ba-dum!")
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-09-22, 14:48   Link #210
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Or 'I see you already met your younger sister' ba ba dum!

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Old 2009-09-24, 19:50   Link #211
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
An adorable little episode this week. While it starts with the fun community flea market and Saki putting her "innocent elementary schooler" act into full throttle, the second half is Kana meeting her predecessor. I can see why Saki and the crew liked Marimo so much. She seems like a nice person to be around. In fact, the entire second half of the episode was positively dreamlike, not unlike something out of ARIA.

The next episode is the finale, and this is one of the shows I'll miss from this season. It's a very nice work overall.
Cats always seem to have that strange way of leading unknowing people to wonderfulness eh?

Lovely episode...sad its ending so soon though as it's just really hitting its stride...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2009-09-25, 15:54   Link #212
SnowSong

Lovely episode indeed. Now I crave even more Aria.

@Kaoru Chujo:
Wash basin falls? So her grandma is actually our water basin spamming Modern Magician? Bansai!
Old 2009-09-26, 22:16   Link #213
Ota-kun
v イイエイイエイイエ!!!v

Old 2009-09-26, 22:27   Link #214
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

This is another yuri series right?

Pass...but the character and story looks good. =/
Old 2009-09-26, 23:25   Link #215
Proto

No, it is not a yuri series. There is a yuri couple and some yuri gags, but it is not the focus of the series. In terms of feeling I'd say it's something more of a combination between Mahoraba with Sketchbook, with the eechi overtones geared up a notch. Nothing mind jarring mind you.
Old 2009-09-26, 23:36   Link #216
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post

It never hurts to overcome your prejudices and try something out that you never really have before. Yume and Yuuki won't shatter your worldview. They may expand it.
Old 2009-09-27, 03:31   Link #217
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post

Who told you it was a yuri series? Let me guess, people who have only watched the first episode?
Old 2009-09-27, 12:27   Link #218
Midonin
Last Engage

And so concludes the tale of Kana Nakamachi. It is a tale of air biking, amusement parks and completely imaginary Yankee Johnny "The Fish" Malone. There are deaths! There is cheating! The last two sentences are a complete fabrication.

But it was a very sweet finale. The little montage at the ED over "YAHHO!!" may have filled time, but it was nice looking back over all the great moments this series had to offer. A musical episode, one of the least angsty and most caring lesbian couples on TV, and a nice undercurrent of sentimentality. One of my favorites of the season.

Thank you, Kana and Kisaragi. Kirara series always warm the heart.
Old 2009-09-27, 12:28   Link #219
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

What an adorable last episode. Some great jokes this time around, especially focused around Mika. The 'bike race' was a good laugh, and her anger towards Johnny mad me laugh quite a bit.

This has truly been an enjoyable show to watch, and i shall miss it. The start point of these shows is always the cast, and we had such a lovable selection here. My overall favorite will probably be Kana, mainly for her amazingly over the top imagination, that just never stopped amazing me.

As for my favorite jokes, i'd go with the brilliant barrier joke (i'm so glad this was used more then once), and Haruka wanting Kana to be late for school so she'd run with toast in her mouth.

Such a good show. I hope more people experience this little gem eventually, and i plan to do business with it again in the future. Also, i wouldn't mind a second season!
Old 2009-09-27, 13:48   Link #220
Proto

Indeed, this was a pretty good, lighthearted series, and it finished on a high note. Excellent work there. Specially how Mika got the last word. Or maybe it was the cut scene robot. The world will never know.
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, manga time kirara, seinen, slice of life, yuri