Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2009-06-26, 11:21   Link #201
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
I don't really see the point of using weapons when you have ninja techniques around. Aside from the occasional kunai or shuriken, that is. I've almost never seen Sai use his sword, actually the only time I can remember is the first time he met Naruto.
It looks cool, that's point enough as far as I'm concerned.
Sai's weapon isn't a sword btw, it's a club.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 11:26   Link #202
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirtual View Post
Everythin about Sasuke feels so random.

It's like:
"Damn. Sealed. Cursed. Oro should take his body now and I forgot to do something about it. Well. Screw it. Sasuke just owns him."
I don't see how that's random. Sasuke giving up his body willingly is what never made any sense.

Quote:
later:
"Damn. So Sasuke killed Oro now. What the hell should he do now? Well. Does not matter. I'll just send him against Itachi. He will just find his location and everything. No one will ask of sense here."
Itachi actually led Sasuke to him with a crow.

Quote:
later:
"Damn. So there is the fight. Sasuke has no chance of winnig. Damn. Better let Itachi pull Emo and go down fast."
Sasuke was always set to surpass Itachi at some point. This was it. Again, I fail to see the randomness.

Quote:
later:
"Arrrgh! Itachi down... hm... technically Sasuke has nothin more to do. Hell, I'll just make some random thing up and let him join Akatsuki. Sounds good."
Right. Because clearly Itachi was the kind to just a kill a clan to "test his ability". Do we read the same manga?

Quote:
later:
"Joining Akatsuki seems retarded. Well. I'll just make him leave again and he will run to ... hm... Konoha. Jeah. That makes sense."
He planned on taking out his revenge onto Danzo, the elders and all the part of Konoha that caused his brother to do what he did. I don't see what doesn't make sense here.

Quote:
later:
"Damn. Somehow it would be retarded if he reaches Konoha... Well. I'll Just make Tobi pop out of nowhere and Sasuke go after some random Kage meeting".
Random? He was targetting Danzo, and Danzo will be at the Kage meeting. What's so special about going there?

I mean, do you even read yourself after you post?
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 11:34   Link #203
JustRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
So what do you make of Sasuke's sword?
Well he also has that shooting Chidori thing right? So it seems he's carrying it more for show then anything else. Though it did save him that one time while fighting Deidara, but it seems he uses it only as a Chidori transmitter or whatever. Way back he stabbed Tenzou and tried to cut Naruto, but when he attacked Orochimaru later he could fire a Chidori from his hand or something. So he doesn't actually need the sword to make a "Chidori beam".

Oh btw we forgot another important weapon. Zabuza's (or Suigetsu's) sword and Kisame's. Those two are pretty cool, I admit. I was surprised at how Suigetsu caught two guys by the head with that blade.

Anyway we're drifting off
JustRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 11:54   Link #204
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

There are cases where he may need assistance from a weapon. Sasuke's fight against Deidara was a nice example of that. We also saw how good Killerbee was against the Taka using his swords. Also, considering the scenes from the Madara and Shodai fight, I highly doubt their weapons were only there for show. The shape of the weapon may be a factor of coolness, but that doesn't change the presumed fact that the weapons can provide assistance depending on the fighting scenarios and complement the other ninjutsu, etc., techniques.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 11:59   Link #205
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Rock Lee could do with using a sword....
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 12:18   Link #206
Trafalgar Law

Quote:
I don't really see the point of using weapons when you have ninja techniques around. Aside from the occasional kunai or shuriken, that is. I've almost never seen Sai use his sword, actually the only time I can remember is the first time he met Naruto.
It's not like Ninjutsu are always superior to weapons. It's basically the same as Taijutsu.
I mean, if you're able to swing a two-handed sword around with one hand, why shouldn't you?

It's just another tool.
Trafalgar Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 12:24   Link #207
Fran~
floating away...

Spoiler for Sasuke's failure it's like fresh air :D:

That must hurt Sasuke's ego A LOT!

Thanks Kishi!
Old 2009-06-26, 12:29   Link #208
naruske

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post

Thanks Kishi!
it won't bother him until he fights naruto
naruske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 12:33   Link #209
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post

Thanks Kishi!
Naruto got one hell of a praised and upgrade ABOUT BLOODY TIME and well deserved too. But what's going to happen now? It seems things are going to start picking up in pace, which I'm all for. Can't wait. Oh, I wonder when it will be revealed who Naruto's father is?
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 12:34   Link #210
JustRob

Let's also not forget Zetsu's estimation ability is horrible. When Sasuke fought Deidara he thought Tobi died (tho it could just be played on Tobi's orders), and I remember him making some false assumptions during Sasuke VS Itachi as well.

I guess it depends if Sasuke still has the Cursed Seal. Didn't Itachi take it off during their battle? In that case, without Stage 2 he's alot weaker.
Old 2009-06-26, 12:39   Link #211
ThoHell

Quote:
Let's also not forget Zetsu's estimation ability is horrible. When Sasuke fought Deidara he thought Tobi died (tho it could just be played on Tobi's orders), and I remember him making some false assumptions during Sasuke VS Itachi as well.

I guess it depends if Sasuke still has the Cursed Seal. Didn't Itachi take it off during their battle? In that case, without Stage 2 he's alot weaker.
And Naruto defeated Pain without the 9-tails. Also, Madara didn't even attempt to deny it, he just made it clear and obvious how much of a hindrance Naruto is to his plan. I think Zetsu has been working under Madara, like Pain did, but plays stupid and not let it be known who the real leader was.
Old 2009-06-26, 12:49   Link #212
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Quote:

Orochimaru was sealed by Itachi's Susanoo, taking the cursed seal with him as it was Orochimaru who inflicted it on him in the first place.

Sasuke doesn't have the Cursed Seal nor does he have the White Snake's healing properties anymore. He lost both but gained Mangekyou Sharingan.

He turned down Itachi's eyes to obtain Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan, but he may end up having to use it for one reason or another. Though I think denying himself that path and ending up as a blind person would make him more admireable imo.
Old 2009-06-26, 12:53   Link #213
Hanzoman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
Still though it seems more and more that Naruto and also Sasuke are avoiding eachother and no longer care about eachother.
Um, Naruto is making the CLOUD NINJA avoid Sasuke because they want to kill him; so hes trying to make them focus on another goal for now and try to clear things up in the mean time…. Obviously If he really didn’t care, he’d just tell them what they needed to know and let them be on their way. Apparently he cares. (we can’t really prove much in regards to sauske yet)

Quote:
and he'll definetly be wondering how Naruto got so insanely powerfull... because after all the times he acted as a superior godlike person Naruto surpassed him..
I could have sworn he gave out a small laugh and said he didn’t give a rat’s ass….

Quote:
also... he is definetly worried about Konoha.
Again nothing concrete here. He was shown to be surprised (as anyone would; its Konoha after all, and one person destroyed it); besides that, nothing is "definite". Right after learning what happened to Konoha he just turned the convo to the kages and danzo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
And Naruto defeated Pain without the 9-tails. .
Naruto did not defeat Pein, and he used the ninetail’s power to save himself; twice.

You guys sure enjoy twisting up the story.
Hanzoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 13:00   Link #214
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzoman View Post

Naruto did not defeat Pein, and he did use the ninetail’s power to save himself; twice.

You guys sure enjoy twisting up the story.
What are you talking about? The first time he used it's power, he went a muck and got him into more trouble. He hardly had a real conflict or anything with Pain while enraged. He overcame that and defeated Pain by himself. The second time, it wasn't to fight but show Pain how angry he was with him when Pain tried to take control of him with his chakra. He did that on purpose and he didn't use it to fight pain. So how much of a significance did the 9-tail have in that fight? Next to none. It seems like you enjoy twisting the story like what you claim others like to do.
Old 2009-06-26, 13:03   Link #215
JustRob

Technically he did defeat Pain, and Nagato committed suicide. Though one can argue that Naruto was able to kill Nagato at that moment.

I still don't see how being possessed by the 9-tails doesn't give Naruto the honor. Sure, he may be possessed and not even able to control his own body, but in the end it's still Naruto who wins.
Old 2009-06-26, 13:13   Link #216
Alleluia_Cone
Prospective Cog

I think I'll join the faction arguing that Sasuke, as a character, has been poorly developed lately. This latest chapter somewhat confirms it in my mind, since his actions and/or emotions really make no sense.

I can understand why Sasuke would be unconcerned that Naruto has now clearly surpassed him in power if his goal remained killing his brother, since Naruto would have nothing to do with that goal, but given his current vendetta project (and, by the way, the whole vendetta thing is getting old), it doesn't make sense.

Does he think that attacking Konoha and/or the Konoha leadership would not bring Naruto into the fold? Even if the Hokage is Danzou, I would think he might not be so flippant in considering that attaching Konoha's leader would inevitably involve fighting Konoha's greatest ninja--especially since he would need help in defeating Naruto (and it's doubtful that his little hawk group is going to cut it).

Then again, I can't say this is unexpected. It was inevitable that when it came to Sasuke, anything post-Itachi would be a letdown after all the buildup to that one moment.
Alleluia_Cone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 13:18   Link #217
JustRob

Or we're just misunderstanding him, and Sasuke actually means "I don't care about that, I'll take him down anyway".

Also to me, it seems highly unlikely Naruto will be at the Kage meeting. Even if he defeated Pain and is popular in Konoha, rank-wise he's still a Genin who's got nothing to do with Kage business. Besides, Naruto's off with the Cloud nin to find Killerbee, right?
Old 2009-06-26, 13:23   Link #218
Hanzoman
Banned

I said he used the nine tails power to save himself twice. So….

Quote:
What are you talking about? The first time he used it's power, he went a muck and got him into more trouble.
…..the first time he used its power, he was nailed to the ground with chakra swords all over his body, about to be dragged away…..

Quote:
The second time, it wasn't to fight but show Pain how angry he was with him when Pain tried to take control of him with his chakra.
….and the second time he used it to remove the chakra sword he was impaled with at point blank range, which gave nagato the power to literally make him walk with him to the akatsuki lair.

Quote:
.So how much of a significance did the 9-tail have in that fight? Next to none.
Pretty significant I’d say, considering the fact that in the two instances where he used it, it could have meant him losing right there and getting dragged back to the lair. Pein wasn’t even fighting to kill him after all.

Quote:
Technically he did defeat Pain, and Nagato committed suicide.
“Pein” the body is a technique of Nagato’s, “Pein” is not a separate entity, its just Nagato using bodies in his stead. Naruto got past the bodies, but did not defeat Nagato, or Pein. When I said Pein before I was speaking of Nagato, since it is really Nagato... But I like calling him "Pein" instead .

Quote:
Though one can argue that Naruto was able to kill Nagato at that moment.
No one can argue anything at all about that. Konan suggesting that pein “just hurry up and –“ is evidence that he wasn’t completely vulnerable or checkmated. His very calm demeanor also supports this. We don’t know what he had up his sleeve or if naruto could have countered it. So, this argument goes nowhere really; unless you have a bias for either one of them.

Quote:
I still don't see how being possessed by the 9-tails doesn't give Naruto the honor.
He deserves honor regardless, it was a hell of a fight. Some people like to twist things up though.
Hanzoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 13:24   Link #219
Alleluia_Cone
Prospective Cog

It could honestly mean that he doesn't care or it might just be him playing it off, and acting cool, or at least trying to. But for what purpose really, I mean, who is he trying to impress?

I think the bigger problem I have with his attitude is that he almost acts in a way that would indicate he feels no concern for Naruto anymore since it isn't his business. This seems silly, since he has to realize that he will end up confronting him at some point.
Alleluia_Cone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 13:25   Link #220
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

I don't understand how Sasuke claims so blatantly that they'll just mosey on up to the Kage Summit and kill them all.

Even if they're not as strong as the current generation, like Kakashi being nominated as Hokage, he's still no slouch and the same should be said of the others. Hell, we don't even know what any of the Kage's are capable of now minus Gaara. We've only actually, literally seen three of them (not counting Danzou because his position is still sketchy at this point, and Gaara's father was kill fodder). Two of them in action. One died. Even Danzou is still one big mystery. And the only one among Taka who could fight a Kage outright and probably win is Sasuke. MAYBE Suigetsu... maybe.

This is fishy you ask me.