AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-07, 17:16   Link #2181
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

If you want my honest opinion, I pretty much suspected the whole "banned IP's = trying to add freshness to Saimoe" conspiracy since yesterday, as I felt that's the only reason for Yui and Azunyan's defeats.

While I can understand Japanese voters wanting new characters to advance in the tournament, at the same time, some of us prefer the older characters (although that doesn't mean we support newer ones as well). Thus, seeing a number of them losing this early (and suspecting that it was due to banned IP's) is upsetting me (and others) big time.

This is one reason why I feel that once this tournament is over, I think there should be a "10th anniversary" tournament to determine the most "moe" girl of the past 10 years (with the tournament allowing worldwide votes).
Old 2011-09-07, 17:29   Link #2182
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
This is one reason why I feel that once this tournament is over, I think there should be a "10th anniversary" tournament to determine the most "moe" girl of the past 10 years (with the tournament allowing worldwide votes).
I suspect that it will eventually end up exactly like inter-saimoe.
Old 2011-09-07, 17:31   Link #2183
OverFunk
It will never be the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
just curious anyone know what 2ch reaction to all this?
Get a moon rune interpreter

Thread will die soon, so might as well check fast.

I can discern a lot of w.

Never forget
Old 2011-09-07, 17:40   Link #2184
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

For current status it seems like either Hinata underperformed in prelims or Anaru overperformed
Old 2011-09-07, 18:49   Link #2185
Wanderer
Goat

The way things have been going Tenshi of all characters has got a legitimate shot at winning this thing.

She's gotten the most votes of anyone outside of the Mikoto/Homura match, a match which Mikoto probably got a lot of tactical support in.
Old 2011-09-07, 19:55   Link #2186
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
The way things have been going Tenshi of all characters has got a legitimate shot at winning this thing.

She's gotten the most votes of anyone outside of the Mikoto/Homura match, a match which Mikoto probably got a lot of tactical support in.
By the way things are going I think Tenshi won't win since alot of big contestants has been shot down so early, I even won't be surprised if Sui wins this
Old 2011-09-07, 21:53   Link #2187
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
Get a moon rune interpreter

Thread will die soon, so might as well check fast.

I can discern a lot of w.
Yeah, mostly same as here - lack of foreign voters mean K-On and Shana (old timers in general) just get no love...plus this is one of those year where old timers goes nowhere (Someone points out that it tend to alternate b/t old timers and newcomers...this is a newcomer year).

Quote:
By the way things are going I think Tenshi won't win since alot of big contestants has been shot down so early, I even won't be surprised if Sui wins this
Meh, LOTS of fight remains in Group F, G, and H...and Sui? You realized that her 1st round group IS a joke, right? I mean, a Precure girl that is no good and a Madoka character that's a much of a troll as Sui...get past Ryuushi first before we start talking about how 2ch vote for some granny...

On the other hand, though, as weak as Group B is, it's not like Kanade is on the bottom half of that group which is a joke...she will have to fight it out against Tsukasa & Merry in Round 2, then probably Ryuushi in Round 3...past that, of course, it's winning the group, since the bottom half is just, well, joke...
Old 2011-09-07, 22:13   Link #2188
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
Yeah, mostly same as here - lack of foreign voters mean K-On and Shana (old timers in general) just get no love...plus this is one of those year where old timers goes nowhere (Someone points out that it tend to alternate b/t old timers and newcomers...this is a newcomer year).

Meh, LOTS of fight remains in Group F, G, and H...and Sui? You realized that her 1st round group IS a joke, right? I mean, a Precure girl that is no good and a Madoka character that's a much of a troll as Sui...get past Ryuushi first before we start talking about how 2ch vote for some granny...

On the other hand, though, as weak as Group B is, it's not like Kanade is on the bottom half of that group which is a joke...she will have to fight it out against Tsukasa & Merry in Round 2, then probably Ryuushi in Round 3...past that, of course, it's winning the group, since the bottom half is just, well, joke...
I do realize that I'm just saying it is a possibility even if it's exteremly low because it seems like the voters trolls alot sometimes
Old 2011-09-07, 22:47   Link #2189
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

Haha Nymph is leading. Now thats a tsundere thats moe (and consistently gets picked on).

The Sui match is understandable. The matchup was so silly that it could only result in lulz (precure was never going to get the votes to win). Since they have access to trackers as well, it could only result in voters voting for whichever lulz candidate was winning.
Old 2011-09-08, 01:01   Link #2190
Team Rocket Elite

Yesterday's Results:

Yuuki Mikan - 396
Ryuubi Gentoku - 120
Salsa Tortilla - 157

Yuuno Arashiko - 354
Hakase - 95
Hirasawa Ui - 301

Yuuko - 340
Kirishima Shouko - 110
Shana - 316

Mikan beat her opponents with ease and nearly reach 60% of the votes. Her opponents couldn't keep up with someone as strong as Mikan. Continuing the string K-On defeats, Ui isn't able to beat Arashiko. I guess this is expected at this point. Despite all the politics and assassinations, Shana has always managed to do really well in Saimoe. Not this time, though. Yuuko manages to kick Shana out of the contest in Round 1. Although I didn't think Yuuko was weak, I really thought Shana was just a lot stronger than Yuuko. It was a pretty close match but in the end Shana just wasn't able to win.

Today's matches:

Millhiore F. Biscotti vs Kasuga Kusunoki vs Nymph
Miria Marigold Mackenzie vs Kongou Mitsuko vs Miyafuji Yoshika
Asaka Hinata vs Kondou Mikoto vs Anjou Naruko

As we've seen a few times now, it's another match between characters that really should be meeting a round or two later. Kusunoki is mostly a non factor in the match between Millhiore and Nymph. Nymph was from Shana's preliminary group and we Shana's exit Nymph doesn't look as impressive anymore. It wasn't a particularly strong preliminary group but Millhiore did win hers so I'm think she can win this match. Yoshika looks to be the frontrunner in the second match. She already outright defeated Mitsuko in preliminary group 11 and Miria had to go through second preliminaries. Naruko should win her match even easier. She did well in her preliminary group while her opponents were quite weak.

Votes:
Nymph
Miyafuji Yoshika
Anjou Naruko

Prediction:
Millhiore F. Biscotti
Miyafuji Yoshika
Anjou Naruko
Old 2011-09-08, 03:59   Link #2191
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

I guess the best way to predict who's gonna win is if a veteran is partnered with a pretty strong new character- oh wait Mikoto won in her match with Homura.

LulzMoe anyone?
Old 2011-09-08, 09:06   Link #2192
frustra
Team M.Y.T.Hi.C.

Arrow Round One: F02, F06, F10 Results

Nymph, Yoshika and Hinata won.
http://mig380.chez-alice.fr/up0/file/u1_004425.txt
http://mig380.chez-alice.fr/up0/file/u1_004426.txt

F02
1 256 Nymph @ Sora no Otoshimono series
2 252 Millhiore F. Biscotti @ Dog Days
3 50 Kasuga Kusunoki @ Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai series

F06
1 250 Miyafuji Yoshika @ Strike Witches 2
2 213 Miria Marigold Mackenzie @ Jewelpet Tinkle
3 82 Kongou Mitsuko @ To Aru Kagaku no Railgun OVA / To Aru Majutsu no Index II

F10
1 232 Asaka Hinata @ Jewelpet Sunshine
2 227 Anjou Naruko (Anaru) @ Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Boku-tachi wa Mada Shiranai
3 86 Kondou Mikoto @ Kämpfer für die Liebe

Next:

F03
<<寒凪乃絵留(ノエル)@ソ・ラ・ノ・ヲ・ト>> (Kan'nagi Noël @ So Ra No Wo To)
<<巴マミ@魔法少女まどか☆マギカ>> (Tomoe Mami @ Puella Magi Madoka ☆ Magica)
<<長月早苗@侵略!イカ娘>> (Nagatsuki Sanae @ Shinryaku! Ika Musume)

F07
<<エリザベス=ウォーレン@そふてにっ>> (Elizabeth Warren @ Softenni)
<<固法美偉@とある科学の超電磁砲OVA>> (Konori Mii @ To Aru Kagaku no Railgun OVA / To Aru Majutsu no Index II)
<<東雲なの@日常>> (Shinonome Nano @ Nichijou)

F11
<<星伽白雪@緋弾のアリア>> (Hotogi Shirayuki @ Hidan no Aria)
<<押水菜子@花咲くいろは>> (Oshimizu Nako @ Hanasaku Iroha)
<<すばる@放課後のプレアデス>> (Subaru @ Houkago no Pleiades)

Last edited by frustra; 2011-09-08 at 09:26. Reason: confirmed.
Old 2011-09-08, 09:08   Link #2193
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Its interesting how half of Hinata and Mirira votes came in the last hour.

ANARU!!!!!!! Well that's one more girl down from my site banner.
Old 2011-09-08, 09:15   Link #2194
OverFunk
It will never be the year

Anaru status:

[x] Told by rush.

Nice Nymph victory, she could survive the rush.

Today, Sanae, Nano and Shirayuki. Because fuck you, that's why.

Never forget
Old 2011-09-08, 09:17   Link #2195
hinakatbklyn

3 last minute close matches. (1 held on, 1 wasn't able to keep the lead, and 1 waited until the final results to realize her lead was safe)
-Nymph held on to her lead. Nice win
Old 2011-09-08, 09:25   Link #2196
abc0716

Getting 1-2 again on the prediction (39-27 overall), this year is indeed one of the most unpredictable AST as I know (after 2006).

Another quick post about my opinions on tomorrow's matchday
Spoiler for September 9, may contain some spoilers:
Old 2011-09-08, 09:35   Link #2197
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
F03
<<寒凪乃絵留(ノエル)@ソ・ラ・ノ・ヲ・ト>> (Kan'nagi Noël @ So Ra No Wo To)
<<巴マミ@魔法少女まどか☆マギカ>> (Tomoe Mami @ Puella Magi Madoka ☆ Magica)
<<長月早苗@侵略!イカ娘>> (Nagatsuki Sanae @ Shinryaku! Ika Musume)

F07
<<エリザベス=ウォーレン@そふてにっ>> (Elizabeth Warren @ Softenni)
<<固法美偉@とある科学の超電磁砲OVA>> (Konori Mii @ To Aru Kagaku no Railgun OVA / To Aru Majutsu no Index II)
<<東雲なの@日常>> (Shinonome Nano @ Nichijou)

F11
<<星伽白雪@緋弾のアリア>> (Hotogi Shirayuki @ Hidan no Aria)
<<押水菜子@花咲くいろは>> (Oshimizu Nako @ Hanasaku Iroha)
<<すばる@放課後のプレアデス>> (Subaru @ Houkago no Pleiades)
Old 2011-09-08, 09:47   Link #2198
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

Nymph won, excellent notch for Sora no Oto. SnO will keep losing steam as time passes from their movie but its nice to see a confirmed win for SnO. Anaru lost was surprising given she was leading pretty well and defeated by Jewelpet Sunshine?? Really?? Some people must hate Anaru's portrayal in the early episodes

Mami should take this unless there's a concerted anti push. I doubt even the Ikalites love Sanae. Laugh at her more likely. Really don't see Sora no Woto being a factor given the series unpopularity

Elizabeth is quite moe but hardly featured much in Softenni. Nano has her beat unless the Railguns rally which would probably bring out the anti-Rails unless it really late rushing

Subaru is not going anywhere. The Pleiades shorts is not impressive enough. As for the other 2, hopefully Hidan no Aria goes down as it was really mediocre
Old 2011-09-08, 10:11   Link #2199
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Picks- Mami and *Hakase like voice* Nano!
Predictions- Mami, Nano, Nako

Yep seems like Anaru overperformed in prelims or Hinata was the final Jewelpet girl standing
Old 2011-09-08, 10:50   Link #2200
RJ TAYLER

My tip for today is this: Carry on just don't lose your head over your girl not making it today.

My 'dark horse' pick for the year is out, so I am sitting back and cheering hard from the bleachers.
Closed Thread

Tags
2011, saimoe, tournament