AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2016-01-25, 14:46   Link #2201
Hakai

Even if Lux isn't Alpha enough the girls are pretty aggressive
And Lux could obviously improve

If we're getting Illustration of the MC sleeping in the same bed with all of the girls in the 7th volume of the story.
I'd say we have a chance of harem end here
Old 2016-01-25, 14:58   Link #2202
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Lux is public property anyway.

Harem End or dead, and no amount of development could put Lisha above girls that are ahead like Krul.

Also JFYI the fake harem is the type where there is various girls interested in the MC but we already know before hand the main girl will win at the end while the others suffer if some kind of brain disease leaving the main girl the free path for idiotic reasons like "being friends with main heroine".

Which is why many " harem" anime get auto-hate every time a new one appears.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-25, 15:08   Link #2203
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Lux is public property anyway.

Harem End or dead, and no amount of development could put Lisha above girls that are ahead like Krul.

Also JFYI the fake harem is the type where there is various girls interested in the MC but we already know before hand the main girl will win at the end while the others suffer if some kind of brain disease leaving the main girl the free path for idiotic reasons like "being friends with main heroine".

Which is why many " harem" anime get auto-hate every time a new one appears.
The fake harem type is far more common then people care for and those are aggravating. As you said there are so many of them are quickly determined to be fake.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-25, 15:20   Link #2204
Direwolf18

Fake harem was the norm up until the last several years. DxD was the first true harem that I read since one of the tenchi muyos. Beyond that it has been all fake harem.

It has yet to be seen if this is going true harem route or not. I am cautiously optimistic, but I have been let down before. Seikoko noRyuu Kushi was expected to be a true harem end and that seems to have abruptly fallen apart at the end with a surprise single girl route. Could be wrong the spoilers were vague and filled with out right lies, and there is not a translation effort.
Direwolf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-25, 15:34   Link #2205
KnightShade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
Wait what? Maybe I have forgotten but I don't remember any of those two agreeing in "harem end".
not to that extent but with phi in particular
Spoiler for v4 spoilers:

anyway i agree with imperial and kuroahega's overall sentiment. what's important to note is that based on everything we know, bahamut doesn't look like a fake harem in the slightest.

A. the setting allows polygamy. most important factor here

B. the first girl is anything but favored, at least according to the novels

c. the first girl is the only one who seems overtly jealous when other girls gain affection from the MC. so no real MC-bowl except lisha v everyone else lol

could it be possible that all this could go out the window? sure. but with everything we've seen the odds are unlikely at best.
Old 2016-01-25, 16:20   Link #2206
Sacredus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidstandout View Post
choosing everyone=/=not choosing anyone.

what you're either not getting or ignoring is that if the setting justifies it, the ending will more likely have everyone be acknowledged by the MC via marriage. krul and phi-chan have already consented to being content with this type of scenario so in all likely hood it wouldn't matter if lux willingly pursues a harem or not.

you're too used to the idea of fake harems when one only has to look at web novels to see that a true harem can and has already been done before, regardless if the MC is alpha or not.
Can't agree. Harem end = choosing everyone = not choosing anyone = bad end for everyone.

Quote:
not to that extent but with phi in particular
Spoiler for v4 spoilers:

anyway i agree with imperial and kuroahega's overall sentiment. what's important to note is that based on everything we know, bahamut doesn't look like a fake harem in the slightest.

A. the setting allows polygamy. most important factor here

B. the first girl is anything but favored, at least according to the novels

c. the first girl is the only one who seems overtly jealous when other girls gain affection from the MC. so no real MC-bowl except lisha v everyone else lol

could it be possible that all this could go out the window? sure. but with everything we've seen the odds are unlikely at best.
Lisha (first girl) is favored? In anime yes... Not so sure about LN.

And once again, sorry, I can't agree. If harem end will drop, it will be just "fake harem".
Spoiler for usual shipping part:
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-25, 16:24   Link #2207
KnightShade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post
Can't agree. Harem end = choosing everyone = not choosing anyone = bad end for everyone.

Lisha (first girl) is favored? In anime yes... Not so sure about LN.

And once again, sorry, I can't agree. If harem end will drop, it will be just "fake harem".
Spoiler for usual shipping part:
which is why i said "at least according to the novels"
fair enough, agree to disagree.
Old 2016-01-25, 16:25   Link #2208
RDNexus

Is there no way to go ask those sorts of doubts to the author or someone close to him?
I always remember Mamare Touno and his proximity to the fanbase, to some extension.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-25, 16:34   Link #2209
Sacredus

Mamare... well, he is special case. Anyone remember his Q&A on 4chan?

Quote:
which is why i said "at least according to the novels"
fair enough, agree to disagree.
Sorry, I misunderstood that part.

We really should change topic. I'm really more interested in any Bahamut popularity poll (you know, I want see the numbers) or how Japan reacted to first 3 episodes of anime.
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-25, 19:00   Link #2210
beast 666
Dragon Of The Destruction

If we talk about hosting anime Saijaku I would say that is good as light novels the an increased sales and this can be seen in the v8 volume since this is in second place in the raking of the light novels more sold of January so even if you have bad adaptation has good impact to the public
Old 2016-01-25, 19:44   Link #2211
GLDarkLord

Bad adaptation, said by most light novel readers only
But the audience of who watched the anime only, the adaptation is getting positive feedback from them.
GLDarkLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-25, 19:53   Link #2212
cloud04
Scanlator

really too much stuff got cut in this one, although since no update yet more than vol 3, might as well finish the anime then go back to the LN when its past anime ._.
Old 2016-01-25, 20:07   Link #2213
Dual Blades
Moonlight Editor

Location: In the North where people ride polar bears and live in Igloos
Well with anime adaptions it's always the Ln readers that suffer.
Old 2016-01-25, 20:10   Link #2214
Direwolf18

I am familiar with a number of authors who are quite close to their fans and active with the community. But as a whole while they might let a couple things slip they make a point of not letting any major plot points out.

Unless they are doing it as a teaser, cause they want to be a big jerk.
Direwolf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-26, 01:21   Link #2215
KnightShade

moving this discussion from the anime thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Then enlighten me. You had him getting tricked their date and then introduction of Raiser 2.0 any DxD fan gets the reference.

Well Regardless it feels as though they're going the World Break route 2 episodes per volume hit the major parts and go from there.
- first off the entire beginning of v2 got axed. remember the male teachers that came to 'train' the students? gone. and because that got axed, not only do you lose a chance to see how lux remained undefeated with his skills using a wyvern, but you also lose the first demonstration of krul's skill. and the whole motivation of that fight was for those teachers to get back at celestia for whooping their asses. this serves as the first foreshadowing of celestia's might and sub plot but that's gone. and that's not even mentioning the power gap being demonstrated. without that fight you wont know that Lux in bahamut> divine drag ride students ie krul > male veteran soldiers in wyverns > students with wyverns. you also lose the fact that all drag rides can be customized and have their weights adjusted but we already lost that last episode.

- the welcome party and the congratulation parties were two separate events with moments featuring the whole harem and not just lisha. combining them means anyone not named lisha loses screen time they could have used.

- all the teasing krul-san did after she won the contest was removed, effectively making the whole ordeal look more shallow than it was. keeping lisha's jealous moments and adding some lines in makes krul-san look like she's completely uninterested in bell which wasn't the case.

- because they had already removed all her actions scenes up to this point, they have krul deal with the attacker during the date. but that comes at lisha and more importantly phi-chan's expense as this is the first time we see her in action. but that's gone

-any mentions of lisha getting lux in the knight squad before celestia comes back, lisha making repairs on bahamut in her secret lab, and more of lux's flash backs? gone, gone and gone.

again, not a fine adaptation by any stretch when it omits so many key points
Old 2016-01-26, 01:58   Link #2216
RXKing
Naix the Lifestealer

Quote:

- first off the entire beginning of v2 got axed. remember the male teachers that came to 'train' the students? gone. and because that got axed, not only do you lose a chance to see how lux remained undefeated with his skills using a wyvern, but you also lose the first demonstration of krul's skill. and the whole motivation of that fight was for those teachers to get back at celestia for whooping their asses. this serves as the first foreshadowing of celestia's might and sub plot but that's gone. and that's not even mentioning the power gap being demonstrated. without that fight you wont know that Lux in bahamut> divine drag ride students ie krul > male veteran soldiers in wyverns > students with wyverns. you also lose the fact that all drag rides can be customized and have their weights adjusted but we already lost that last episode.

- the welcome party and the congratulation parties were two separate events with moments featuring the whole harem and not just lisha. combining them means anyone not named lisha loses screen time they could have used.

- all the teasing krul-san did after she won the contest was removed, effectively making the whole ordeal look more shallow than it was. keeping lisha's jealous moments and adding some lines in makes krul-san look like she's completely uninterested in bell which wasn't the case.

- because they had already removed all her actions scenes up to this point, they have krul deal with the attacker during the date. but that comes at lisha and more importantly phi-chan's expense as this is the first time we see her in action. but that's gone

-any mentions of lisha getting lux in the knight squad before celestia comes back, lisha making repairs on bahamut in her secret lab, and more of lux's flash backs? gone, gone and gone.

At least i can capture krul moment so i can use it in my steam pic. The other things i didnt expect too much
Old 2016-01-26, 03:25   Link #2217
cloud04
Scanlator

also didnt add about bahamut's drawback usage
Old 2016-01-26, 05:27   Link #2218
OmegaWeaponZ

Seems like I won't watch the anime... Just started the books though, seems good (I've skimmed through it before, just now started reading it in full go)
Old 2016-01-26, 06:07   Link #2219
RDNexus

While it may be true that me being a Anime-only viewer (since only vaguely do I end up reading any LN series) may mean that I don't have much right to criticise the adaptation, it's more the case of a story being badly adapted, sometimes butchered to the point of it being a story apart from the original, that irks me to no end.
It ends up being a massive disservice to non-readers who want to watch a decent-to-good story without feeling like there's something missing.

Last edited by RDNexus; 2016-01-26 at 19:44.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-26, 06:10   Link #2220
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:

Gotcha i am an LN reader but i havent read volume 2 in a long time. So i forgot about all of those.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, bakapervert, crossdressing, harem, harem done right, harem end, kuudere, mecha, op mc, robot, true harem, tsundere