AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Potential Pairing - Multiple Choice Option
Alto x VF 171 32 12.31%
Ozma x Bobby 13 5.00%
Ranka x Sheryl 42 16.15%
Sheryl x Alto 199 76.54%
Yasaburo x Alto 5 1.92%
Ranka x Ai-kun 38 14.62%
Alto x Klan 14 5.38%
Ranka x Alto 54 20.77%
Ranka x Brera 37 14.23%
Klan x Michael 101 38.85%
Ozma x Cathy 111 42.69%
Luca x Nanase 41 15.77%
Wilder x Monica 41 15.77%
Alto x VF25 37 14.23%
Yasaburo x Alto's father 10 3.85%
Alto x Brera 18 6.92%
Grace x Ranka 12 4.62%
Nanase x Ranka 21 8.08%
Sheryl x Klan 24 9.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 260. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-11, 20:57   Link #2201
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
The Ranka fans fell for the bait, hook, line, and sinker. I'm getting such DYRL vibes it's not even funny here.
They aren't even paying attention to her then. Ditching Alto like she did was her proudest moment, nay, proudest moment of anyone in the series to date.
Old 2008-09-11, 20:59   Link #2202
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teletha View Post
The dinner scene must be seen. It was awesome.
Agreed. One of my most favorite scenes in the entire series.
Old 2008-09-11, 21:04   Link #2203
wolfboy
:3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
You do mean Sheryl, right?
Nooo I mean Ranka. Because if you go to any forum, clearly Ranka is the one winning all the polls, the one with all the fanart in the image thread it should be called the Ranka Fanart Thread, and not getting clobbered with insults.
Old 2008-09-11, 21:06   Link #2204
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Actually, most of the forums I go to show the majority of people favoring Sheryl, hence my question to ya.

I'll shut up, now.

Old 2008-09-11, 21:10   Link #2205
Seifall

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
I don't think I need to add on anything further when even Ranka's seiyuu herself believes Ranka's love for Alto is the one holding her back.

She did say "If she can keep growing with love, she will be closer to happiness.
I believe she can find her own true song and true feelings."
Why are you assuming that she must let go of Alto to find her way ? I don't know but I completely agree with you here. (I read your other post and yes she must find her own passion now , you're right)
Yes, i agree.
She focused on him so much that she didn't know her songs didn't reach him like they should, back at episode 19/20.
She disappointed me back then at episode 19- 20 i said it but I also already said that
Ranka must let him go and if Alto doesn't come back, he never meant to be so....
With Alto's words of protecting Ranka i think your argument here, is not founded now :
There was no development for Alto x Ranka, no development for their troubles and turmoils, no development for their feelings; anything that Alto may have felt for her prior to that, whether it was puppy love of physical awareness, simply couldn't survive the future events that came. Period. Again, I'm sorry to say that it was a spark snuffed out.

There was if not, he would have said he wanted to protect Sheryl .
She is not the one who make him joined SMS like people said here but Ranka was the one.
she did have a great impact on him
no development for their troubles and turmoils ? No, since he didn't argue with her except in episode 21 but it was because of the vajra(again) ,unlike him and Sheryl , Ranka and him don't have that kind of love- hate relationship, right but was it of use for sheryl ? I don't think so.
no development for their feelings Episode 13 was the time we saw them gazing at each other and after that we saw a couple of episode when Alto blushed around her.
Even in episode 10 when he knew he would have to kiss her, he did react like a person who has such feelings towards another, not in a brother-sister way .
anything that Alto may have felt for her prior to that, whether it was puppy love of physical awareness, simply couldn't survive the future events that came

Yes he couldn't prevent her depart and his " clash" with Ranka about the vajra if this is what you're talking about , but he really didn't understand her back then.
He doesn't understand her anymore, that's why he said i will kill her.
He even said before that, "It's true... that maybe I had been running up to now. Pretending I didn't notice a lot of things."
He is talking about Ranka here.
He wasn't so dense after all. He pretended he didn't notice...
This is going to be epic crisis, epic !
Old 2008-09-11, 21:14   Link #2206
Wesley84

She has to let go of her love for Alto, because it's not a love for him as a person. It's just a crush. You see her trying to get to know him at their last meeting? She knows her feelings weren't for the right reasons. She tried to start from scratch like a pair of adults would, but he wouldn't hear her out about what she was about to do, so she just had to leave him there.
Old 2008-09-11, 21:16   Link #2207
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
Nooo I mean Ranka. Because if you go to any forum, clearly Ranka is the one winning all the polls, the one with all the fanart in the image thread it should be called the Ranka Fanart Thread, and not getting clobbered with insults.
Sheryl's beating Ranka in 90+ % of the polls/forums all over the world, including in Japan. Not sure where you're getting your information from...
Old 2008-09-11, 21:21   Link #2208
Lostdreams

Quote:
Sheryl's beating Ranka in 90+ % of the polls/forums all over the world, including in Japan. Not sure where you're getting your information from...
he probably goes to two forums. This one and a Ranka lover forum, then he says that all the forums he's gone to love Ranka
Old 2008-09-11, 21:21   Link #2209
CeruleaFeng
2qt2bstr8 ♥♥

Send a message via MSN to CeruleaFeng
Quote:
I'm fairly certain what he said was sarcasm.
Old 2008-09-11, 21:22   Link #2210
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Allow me to enlighten you, the latest poll on 2ch (which is a stronghold for Japanese moe-fans) showed Sheryl with more than 300 lead over Ranka in a recent poll. Thats saying something, when Sheryl is actually beating a moe character on a moe forum. Other polls on Japanese boards indicate the same. Ranka only wins in the "who is the most annoying character in Macross F" category.

The Japanese fan arts also tend to prefer AruSheri arts more than AruRan ones (a 9:1 ratio). Sheryl arts also dominate in the single category. These results can easily be found on Japanese artboards.

Sheryl's fandom elsewhere also shows a strong lead over Ranka. Chinese forums for example, are overwhelmingly in supportive of Sheryl. So I am sorry, your claim just isn't true in the least.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-09-11, 21:24   Link #2211
Marina Ismail
<3 Sheryl Saotome
*Artist

How can you guys do that to wolfboy.... how
Old 2008-09-11, 21:24   Link #2212
wolfboy
:3

Get ouuuuuta here, all forums are Ranka lover forums. I mean I can't even count the number of Ranka avatars with one hand...
Old 2008-09-11, 21:26   Link #2213
Marina Ismail
<3 Sheryl Saotome
*Artist

Quote:
Get ouuuuuta here, all forums are Ranka lover forums. I mean I can't even count the number of Ranka avatars with one hand...
Really? That's because there is none. That's why you can't count the number of avatars on one hand
Old 2008-09-11, 21:27   Link #2214
Teletha

He's being sarcastic.
Old 2008-09-11, 21:28   Link #2215
CeruleaFeng
2qt2bstr8 ♥♥

Quote:
He's being sarcastic.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees this. I was beginning to think I was going sane in a mad world.
Old 2008-09-11, 21:29   Link #2216
Teletha

It's hard to tell sometimes with Ranka fans.
Old 2008-09-11, 21:30   Link #2217
CeruleaFeng
2qt2bstr8 ♥♥

Quote:
It's hard to tell sometimes with Ranka fans.
I always found Ranka fans to be quite clear and respectable. Rankafags, on the other hand...
Old 2008-09-11, 21:32   Link #2218
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Talking

Quote:
He's being sarcastic.
He is? Maybe it's just too highbrow for me.

Old 2008-09-11, 21:43   Link #2219
Marina Ismail
<3 Sheryl Saotome
*Artist

Quote:
He's being sarcastic.
As was I, I'm not that stupid
Old 2008-09-11, 22:00   Link #2220
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Quote:
Damn Ranka shipping goggles.

You know, wolfboy may be being sarcastic... but some other rabid Ranka fans aren't.

/facepalm

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
Closed Thread

Tags
romance