AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-03, 12:52   Link #2201
MarthX

Keep in mind that Rosa Mosou is a short scene. It could done in a few minutes. Don't expect it to be like an 8 minute scene. The same goes for the Banquet.

People really need to stop going by the chapter list too. Resurrection is extremely short. It's just Genji bringing Battler to Kinzo's study and meeting skirt Beatrice. Something that could be done in less than a minute.
Old 2009-09-03, 13:01   Link #2202
Volcanic
fire of fires

Agreeing with Marth, everyone is completely overreacting. This episode can be done well. And even if it seems bad to us, the anime-only viewers will probably love it
Old 2009-09-03, 13:07   Link #2203
MarthX

I just reread Rosa Mosou. About a 5 minute scene in the VN. It'll probably be around 2 minutes in the anime then. A minute of Rosa owning some goats and the other minute having Rosa and Maria talking to each other.
Old 2009-09-03, 13:22   Link #2204
June 1983

This is true. I just really hope they don't rush the banquet or Rosa mosou. Also, my favorite parts of the latter (besides the fighting!) are Rosa's internal monologue. I don't know how they would be able to represent that in the anime, but I wish there was a way.

I'm going to try to think how they could break it down.

- Battle between Beatrice and Shannon: 5 minutes
- Discovery of Nanjo and Kumasawa's corpses: 1-2 minutes
- Discovery of Shannon, George, and Gohda: 2-3 minutes
- Return to the parlor, discovery of the note, expulsion of Battler + some red text: 3 minutes
- Kinzo and Beatrice? Could be cut: 1 minute
- Drunk Battler, invitation to Kinzo's study: 1-2 minutes
- Battler's surrender: 2-3 minutes
(This is where the credit roll is in the game) ... the could potentially do all of the above before the commercial break
- Rosa takes the gold from the chapel (I don't know if they'll join this with Mosou Rosa or keep like in the game): 1 minute
- Beatrice is dressed by her furniture You know they're going to play this for fan service 2 minutes
- Banquet: 3-4 minutes
- Mosou Rosa!: 4-5 minutes
- Tea Party I: 2-3 minutes. This grosses me out so much I really hope it's extremely short
- Tea Party II: 3-5 minutes (introduction of Lambdadelta!)

It looks like they could do it, if they were very careful. Personally, though, I'd rather they didn't rush.

-
Old 2009-09-03, 16:08   Link #2205
vic1337

Wrong thread XD
Old 2009-09-03, 16:16   Link #2206
bigemperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by June 1983 View Post
This is true. I just really hope they don't rush the banquet or Rosa mosou. Also, my favorite parts of the latter (besides the fighting!) are Rosa's internal monologue. I don't know how they would be able to represent that in the anime, but I wish there was a way.

I'm going to try to think how they could break it down.

- Battle between Beatrice and Shannon: 5 minutes
- Discovery of Nanjo and Kumasawa's corpses: 1-2 minutes
- Discovery of Shannon, George, and Gohda: 2-3 minutes
- Return to the parlor, discovery of the note, expulsion of Battler + some red text: 3 minutes
- Kinzo and Beatrice? Could be cut: 1 minute
- Drunk Battler, invitation to Kinzo's study: 1-2 minutes
- Battler's surrender: 2-3 minutes
(This is where the credit roll is in the game) ... the could potentially do all of the above before the commercial break
- Rosa takes the gold from the chapel (I don't know if they'll join this with Mosou Rosa or keep like in the game): 1 minute
- Beatrice is dressed by her furniture You know they're going to play this for fan service 2 minutes
- Banquet: 3-4 minutes
- Mosou Rosa!: 4-5 minutes
- Tea Party I: 2-3 minutes. This grosses me out so much I really hope it's extremely short
- Tea Party II: 3-5 minutes (introduction of Lambdadelta!)

It looks like they could do it, if they were very careful. Personally, though, I'd rather they didn't rush.

-
All episodes are 20 minutes long (without opening and ending) you numbers exceed that number by far

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX View Post
People really need to stop going by the chapter list too. Resurrection is extremely short. It's just Genji bringing Battler to Kinzo's study and meeting skirt Beatrice. Something that could be done in less than a minute.
Bu ressurection is not the problem, the problem are parts like the banquet or Mosou Rosa, i play this chapters again a few moments ago and they are not long but to adapt them properly they need MORE time it will feel extremelly rush all together just remembered this post =(

Quote:
It's about what I predicted. I thought the episode would end after the Shannon Battle or Genji telling Rosa about the corpses. Only a few minutes off.

Here's my prediction for the next episode.

- Shannon facing off against Beatrice - 3 minutes
- Genji discovering the corpses and showing Rosa - 2 minutes
- Rosa discovering the other corpses - 3 minutes
- Returning to the room and accusing Battler as being a wolf - 3 minutes
- Genji bringing Battler to Kinzo's study - 30 seconds
- Golden Land - 2 minutes
- Rosa Musou - 2 minutes
- Tea Party - 4 minutes
- ???? - 2 minutes
I like that, but is a real shame that in only 4 minutes we will see two epic scenes from the visual (Golden Land and Rosa Musou) just remeber me next week when everyone will feel everything extremelly rush =(
Old 2009-09-03, 16:17   Link #2207
June 1983

You're right about the time issues, I wasn't thinking properly. Yeah, I really don't like how rushed it will have to be to get it all in there.

I personally think the ???? will and should take longer than the ordinary tea party. A lot of the gross stuff will probably be implied rather than shown, and the most important thing in that scene is Battler's entrance. The ???? introduces Lambdadelta and sets up some important aspects of the game board so I think it's more vital to spend time there.
Old 2009-09-03, 17:03   Link #2208
MarthX

Going by previous episodes, the anime likes to have the commercial break 9-13 minutes into the episode. If we go by episode 5 then they'll want to have the tea party start after the commercial.

I'm going to revise my prediction a bit.

- Genji discovering the corpses and showing Rosa - 1 minute
- Rosa discovering the other corpses - 2 minutes
- Rosa Musou - 2 minutes
COMMERCIAL
- Tea Party - 4 minutes
- ???? - 3 minutes

Another possibility

- Genji discovering the corpses and showing Rosa - 1 minute
- Rosa discovering the other corpses - 2 minutes
COMMERCIAL
- Rosa Musou - 2 minutes
- Tea Party - 4 minutes
- ???? - 3 minutes

Last edited by MarthX; 2009-09-03 at 17:15.
Old 2009-09-03, 18:01   Link #2209
luckyssol

Guys... Are you absolutely sure it's going to be 20+ episodes?
There doesn't seem to be enough time to finish arc 2 with one more episode and they've only released 11 episode titles...
I thought I read somewhere there were 13 dvd volumes only...
I know we're all optimistic but I don't want to be caught by surprise with it all ending at episode 13...
Old 2009-09-03, 18:10   Link #2210
Volcanic
fire of fires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssol View Post
There doesn't seem to be enough time to finish arc 2 with one more episode and they've only released 11 episode titles...
I know we're all optimistic but I don't want to be caught by surprise with it all ending at episode 13...
I think it's been pretty much confirmed to have 26 episodes, ending with at least the third arc but most likely the fourth. I bet the DVDs will have two episodes, not one.

It would seriously be stupid to have only the first three arcs, considering they crammed Higurashi's first season into six arcs and still did decently
Old 2009-09-03, 18:25   Link #2211
MarthX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssol View Post

13 confirmed DVD/Blu-ray releases and if you check the info for them. (only the info for the first 6 are available though). They're 50 minutes long.

26 episodes is all but confirmed.
Old 2009-09-03, 19:41   Link #2212
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

I think the Rosa-Musou scene will be shortened by eliminating most of Rosa's inner monologues.
Old 2009-09-03, 19:54   Link #2213
MarthX

I think that's a given, since the anime is almost devoid of monologues.
Old 2009-09-03, 21:23   Link #2214
Goldsmith

They could always put the tea party and/or ??? into the next episode.
Old 2009-09-03, 21:45   Link #2215
Volcanic
fire of fires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldsmith View Post
They could always put the tea party and/or ??? into the next episode.
Okay, a ton of people have been suggesting this and I don't really like it.

The Tea Party and the ??? are not part of EP3. They never were. Putting them in the next episode would be totally misleading. If they did that, sure it would save time, but it wouldn't flow well at all. It would also be very confusing to the Anime viewers, on whether it was a new arc or not. I don't think I've ever seen an anime where a new arc started in the middle of an episode, have you?
Old 2009-09-03, 21:48   Link #2216
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Yeah, it wouldn't be a good idea to do that as it would be rather confusing and just... odd.

But almost all of Episode 2's best moments happen near the end... which haven't come up in the anime yet. They really would have to pace it just right to be able to fit it all into one episode.

Old 2009-09-03, 22:39   Link #2217
MarthX

EP3 needs as many episodes as it can get. Especially since it's the best arc out of the 4. Shoving EP2 content in it isn't wise.
Old 2009-09-03, 23:02   Link #2218
luckyssol

Quote:
13 confirmed DVD/Blu-ray releases and if you check the info for them. (only the info for the first 6 are available though). They're 50 minutes long.

26 episodes is all but confirmed.
Ahh, they're 50 minutes long. That makes sense to have 26 episodes, thanks for the info.

Quote:
EP3 needs as many episodes as it can get. Especially since it's the best arc out of the 4. Shoving EP2 content in it isn't wise.
If they go heavy on arc 3 then it could be something like 5/6/9/6. That would be cool, I like Virgilia and Eva-Beatrice is crazy.
Old 2009-09-03, 23:17   Link #2219
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Episode 4 can't be shortened THAT much.
Old 2009-09-03, 23:47   Link #2220
MarthX

Shouldn't be much longer before the preview for 11 is up.

It's already the 4th in Japan.
Closed Thread