AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-18, 15:31   Link #22281
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Originally Posted by toran View Post
I don't see any signature.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
You probably have signatures switched off. Try turning tme on in the User CP, under options.
Yeah you probably do. Because my signature has the links to all my characters thus far, so that people don't have to backtrack god-knows how many pages in order to find my characters :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Yeah I'm 18 but I lack the money to move out of the house and all... >.>;
I have evil parents. Everyone I talk to agrees D:
Wow...that really sucks.

Granted that if I get into shit my parents still scold me, but that's pretty much all they do.

@Keroko: You see? This is the kind of clutter Tk was talking about. Irrelevant discussions like these are perfect for the IRC channel :3

But then again, to each their own I suppose?
Old 2008-03-18, 15:31   Link #22282
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Yeah I'm 18 but I lack the money to move out of the house and all... >.>;
I have evil parents. Everyone I talk to agrees D:
My parents used to let my sister and her friends drink beer in basement during parties after they took everyones keys and they somehow put up with me so they're like saintly or something.
Old 2008-03-18, 15:36   Link #22283
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
@Keroko: You see? This is the kind of clutter Tk was talking about. Irrelevant discussions like these are perfect for the IRC channel :3

But then again, to each their own I suppose?
This kind of clutter, maybe, but with it goes all the juicy OC-stuff as well.
Old 2008-03-18, 15:36   Link #22284
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
This kind of clutter, maybe, but with it goes all the juicy OC-stuff as well.
Alas I can't get IRC on college computers.
Unless someone knows a Firefox plugin that can get me a working iRC client. Its about the only thing I can install.
Old 2008-03-18, 16:15   Link #22285
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

If you go to www.mibbit.com you don't need a plugin. There is a webbased client. Inlog info are written in the second post of this thread.
Old 2008-03-18, 16:18   Link #22286
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixG View Post
If you go to www.mibbit.com you don't need a plugin. There is a webbased client. Inlog info are written in the second post of this thread.
Well some school systems actually don't allow it. For instance, my college won't allow me to log in to Mibbit. I have yet to try an IRC client from my computer, but I have a feeling that it won't. But I'm hoping on trying it later, especially since MSN works fine on my comp and all.

I'm assuming that it has to do with the way the routers are configured and such.
Old 2008-03-18, 16:24   Link #22287
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Hmm, depends. What kind of errors do you get?
Old 2008-03-18, 16:25   Link #22288
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Quote:
Hmm, depends. What kind of errors do you get?
I don't get errors, it just won't let me log on at all.

I use Safari and Firefox, depending if I use a Mac or not, and in either case, it doesn't allow me to use Mibbit.

I'll have to try if my IRC Client works on my labtop later when I'm not in class :3
Old 2008-03-18, 16:28   Link #22289
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

So you try to login, but nothing happens? Or do you get redirected?
Old 2008-03-18, 16:33   Link #22290
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Quote:
So you try to login, but nothing happens? Or do you get redirected?
Nothing happens. It just says "Offline." That and it seems that the browser won't finish the loading, so I'm assuming that there's some sort of security that's holding it off, therefore preventing me..............................

WHAT THE HELL?!! IT WORKS NOW?!!!!

*Sigh*

Anyways, Keroko, any chance I can get some sort of image for Syn's BJ? I'm going to need it for chpt 3.

Also, give me some examples of how Tesla talks? I'm not exactly sure how to go about making her snarky and such :3
Old 2008-03-18, 16:34   Link #22291
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
But they did have a genetic base (after all, that's why Otto and Deed are so much alike, if I recall, because their genetic base is the same).
They look so much alike because the same genetic material was used to create them

Quote:
You're not exactly doing anything to difuse it, you know. :3
hai hai...

Quote:
Oh no, you misunderstand. I don't mind that your fics are focussed on your OC's, not at all, but Koji is starting to take center stage in a lot of events. He is the explanation for what happened to Relic 11, all of a sudden he has a connection to Jail, which means he has a connection to Lutecia, which means he has a connection to Erio and Caro, etc. etc. He is becoming... well... too important to the 'canon' storyline, so to say. I mean, take away the Relic 11 thing and everything downpowers immensely.
Right...point taken and easily solved

Quote:
*shrug* Because his connection to Signum makes a connection to Agito rather obvious, I already counted on that coming when the series was still airing. You'll start hearing from me again when she suddenly develops 'interest' in Koji.
Hmm... *imagines*
*shakes head*
N-no! Better not... >_>

Quote:
Yes, but despite point of view, that's still a harem. Rein for example is still 'love-love' about her Koji-sama, which means that by shounen standarts she is part of the harem.
tashikani...

Well...everything will be settled soon, one way or another

Quote:
I'll wait for the next part before I start bringing down hammers, though.
Yeah...when the next part is out, everything'll be okay
Time to introduce the final boss!!!

*goes back to work*
Old 2008-03-18, 17:01   Link #22292
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Syn's Barrier Jacket:

Examples of Tesla talking (courtesy or Aaron):

Generations chapter 1 part 1 and 2
Old 2008-03-18, 17:30   Link #22293
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Quote:
Syn's Barrier Jacket:

Examples of Tesla talking (courtesy or Aaron):

Generations chapter 1 part 1 and 2
Interesting coat :3

And as for Tesla...That's going to be hard for me to do XD But I'll try. I'm not as witty so that might give me issues :3
Old 2008-03-18, 18:07   Link #22294
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Ahh, this is what I'm talking about. OC Thread has 4 pages ever since I left last night I wonder if things are finally starting to get back on track?

@ghazghkull: Randomness and friendly talk is what this thread is made of :3 (Besides the OC stuff of course :3 :3) so we don't consider it 'clutter'

@Thread: A bit busy atm so I'll tackle backlog later. Haven't forgotten about it.
Old 2008-03-18, 18:12   Link #22295
Sheba
Shitpost Gremlin

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
Ahh, this is what I'm talking about. OC Thread has 4 pages ever since I left last night I wonder if things are finally starting to get back on track?

Don't get your hopes too high.
Old 2008-03-18, 18:21   Link #22296
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post

@ghazghkull: Randomness and friendly talk is what this thread is made of :3 (Besides the OC stuff of course :3 :3) so we don't consider it 'clutter'
So in short, you're happy that we're starting to have convos while on the forums, in between our actual OC-related posts eh? LOL XD
Old 2008-03-18, 19:24   Link #22297
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Alright people, heads up.

Due to a number of Katagory II shitstorms in my personal life, I've been unable to fully spec White Tempest. As a result, rather than try any more on a balanced mix...

I present this OMGWTFBBQPWNHAX general outline.

Now, what we'll do is we'll take this HAX general outline and cut it down to something more manageble and realistic, and if someone can get a Halo 2 artbook or find more data on Covenant CCS-class ships it'd be a great help.

A few things to note:

In realspace, White Tempest is only slightly faster than an XV.

In Dimensional Space/Slipspace, it is FUCKLOADS FASTER than ANY TSAB ship in comission. (Source Halo: CE: Cortana "Covenant ships have always been faster in slipspace.")

Armament as follows:

Plasma Torpedo Launchers: x25, in tubes that face forwards, left, and right.

Pulse Laser turrets: x80, all over the ship.

Now, that's the base outline, time to refine it. I'm counting on you, guys!

(Yes I know this is hax, let's jointly bust this bitch together!)

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-03-18, 20:11   Link #22298
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Alright people, heads up.

Due to a number of Katagory II shitstorms in my personal life, I've been unable to fully spec White Tempest. As a result, rather than try any more on a balanced mix...

I present this OMGWTFBBQPWNHAX general outline.

Now, what we'll do is we'll take this HAX general outline and cut it down to something more manageble and realistic, and if someone can get a Halo 2 artbook or find more data on Covenant CCS-class ships it'd be a great help.

A few things to note:

In Dimensional Space/Slipspace, it is FUCKLOADS FASTER than ANY TSAB ship in comission. (Source Halo: CE: Cortana "Covenant ships have always been faster in slipspace.")

Armament as follows:

Now, that's the base outline, time to refine it. I'm counting on you, guys!

(Yes I know this is hax, let's jointly bust this bitch together!)
I'll like to HB, but I have no clue about the power of those "Plasma Torpedoes" and "Pulse Lasers". Official stats are generally of no help in this. Where is Halo's Canon Analysis team?
Old 2008-03-18, 20:27   Link #22299
Reiji Tabibito
The OTHER Time Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
A little shopping here and there on that glomp shot and it would look like Koji getting glomped by Yui and Maren
Who do we know that has shipping skills?

<pause>

KEROKO!!! GET YOUR PHOTOSHOPPING BUTT OVER HERE AND SHOP THIS PIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
No flying entrance this time, huh?
Nope - too painful...

Quote:
The Dansen cannot be stopped...
I'll be the judge of that!

Quote:
Ah, so LegendS has made its official appearance, huh?

Good writing on the action scenes . Can't wait to see what happens next
Goody! I think...

Quote:
Oh, and she's a lightweight. I don't know about Kyonko, but Tesla gets plastered after even a single glass of alcohol.
A fact which I remember all too well...hehehehehehehehehe!

Quote:
Yeah, I was tired, I read it, and commented on it to show that it was being read.

Of course, if you want me to keep quiet....
[Nagisa]Chigaimasu! Chigaimasu![/Nagisa]

Quote:

Instinct A:
The abillity to "feel" the best course of action for oneself during combat. This heightened sense is now close to precognition. It reduces by half any obstacles to hearing and vision.
[/I]
Needles to say, this basically describes Keroko's defence in a nutshell.
This is Mel too - her battle plans tend to run on, well, instinct...

Quote:
Mind's Eye B: A "combat logic" that allows for calm analysis of the situation and the enemy's abillity in spite of danger, and concideration of all possible actions in a particular situation. If there is even a 1% chance of a comeback, this abillity greatly improves the chance of succes.

Now this just screams Tesla no matter how I look at it.
It screams Sevasti too - if I write one of the earlier 82nd cases, Sevasti (AAA+) beats another mage (SS) solely by better tactics. Though, to be honest, the other guy had the tactics level of Berserker...

Quote:

Okay, I'm going to be blunt. I don't like this.

Not only does Treize have über genetics of every sentoukijin and Vivio, now all of a sudden Jail played around with Koji? And Relic 11 at that? And he has the abillity to read hearts and change them? This reeks of Mary Sueness and Orochimaru Syndrome.

This is very much like the near-mistake I made with the scrapped Keroko/Vivio bond, which would have removed a lot of believabillity from Keroko and shoved her in the Mary Sue category. Fortunately I had people knocking sense into me. Don't make the same mistake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
I agree with Keroko, that piece about Trieze's genetics was rather... if I'm allowed to say this, over the top? That's a awful lot of splicing to do, and the development and management of the resulting chimera... Let's just say that I've read too many sci-fi novels about what that really does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Ok, the Crack (or Khrack) must be getting to me, either that or something else...
And yeah, maybe the Vivio part was a bit too much
But the amounts of DNA are small anyway.

Though, in Koji's case...did you read the incident that gave him that ability?
Scaglietti wasn't actually involved, but he did provide the Relic, that whole "Experimental Relic Weapon" stuff was just to mess with Koji, tease him and hit where it hurts the most.

Besides, I'm not going to develop it more than this, it's just to explain some events, like why hasn't Relic number 11 been found (though if there's a 4th season of Nanoha that talks about it, I'm gonna get ION CANON'ed, hard! ), and Scaglietti could be lying...

So, please don't worry about it...
*runs*
Quote:
The DNA thing with Treize was... completely unnecisary, even more so when you say it is 'only a small amount anyway' if it has no effect, why even have it?

Koji... is by far the worst of in this situation. He already has the 'everyone he encounters likes or loves him' atribute, and now he suddenly is an experimental weapon? Not only that, but he holds the illustrous Relic 11 to top it off? That is a major storyline impact there, concidering the importance the Relic had initially. Apparently it also gives him his amazing 'I can understand everyone and make everyone happy' powers... The amount of connections Koji has to CC's just keeps growing and growing, and that's not always a good sign.

To give my 2 pence on the matter:

Z, I gotta go with Keroko and Kha here. Genetic recombination is NOT a field you want to get into - even for a genius like Jail, the number of things that could go wonky when you start splicing genes together increases exponentially with the gene.

And as to Koji...you ARE essentially connecting him to most of the canon characters in one single move - which is something that I've done, to a degree, but it's justified.

Arcas got to meet a lot of the CCs and OCs due to one major difference between himself and Koji (Note: except for a few things, Arcas and Koji are a lot alike): his Device. Ascalon became famous throughout the Bureau, first as "No Man's Device" (owing to the fact that until Lawrence, no one could activate it), and then in the hands of Henry Lawrence, who became a famous knight, and was Arcas' mentor.

Please note: it was ONLY because of the fame of his Device that Arcas got to do even a TENTH of the things he's done - if he'd not had Ascalon, he probably never would've gotten to join Rogue Squadron, work the Far Spinward Station, and join the RAF - and that constitutes most of Arcas' character connections.

BUT, there is 1 thing you can do to change this: change either the Relic Number, or the source of the ability...say a neuroscience experiment gone wrong. Humans only use 10% of their brain...who knows what's in the other 90%...?

QUICK NOTE TO EVERYONE: EP. 2 currently underway - expect w/in 72 hours...
Old 2008-03-18, 21:16   Link #22300
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
Humans only use 10% of their brain...who knows what's in the other 90%...?
Pseudo scientific nonsense mostly.

http://www.snopes.com/science/stats/10percent.asp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post

A few things to note:
Data is sparse on Covenant warships and allot of there technology we know most of what we have from First Strike that deals with the Ascendant Justice even then we have large gaps as the novels, or main source of space combat info, are heavily slanted to the UNSC perspective.

Quote:
The difference was acutally only like 4 times large but not exactly a quote un quote “fuck ton.”

Quote:
Armament as follows:

Insanely high even the Ascendant Justice Class flagship of first strike weighing in at over 3,000 meters (nearly twice the length of a CCS) only had seven torpedo launchers.

Quote:
Pulse lasers are never talked about really in banks or volleys IMO there are few weapons, but they're versatile capable of firing rapidly to engage incoming missiles and small ships and in slower more powerful burst to support the ships PTs against enemy warships. I'd say a perhaps a dozen to twenty emplacements spread out to cover all vectors would be more reasonable.

Quote:
I'll like to HB, but I have no clue about the power of those "Plasma Torpedoes" and "Pulse Lasers". Official stats are generally of no help in this. Where is Halo's Canon Analysis team?
http://forum.spacebattles.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4
Type halo in the search box and you'll get more of it then you could ever want to know in agonizing detail.

A small summary but I’m kind of tried at the moment

Anyway the problem is the novels give few usable example to calc as they mostly fire them at ships made our of medals of indeterminate strength, but assuming rough parity with UNSC weapons (whose kinetic nature makes pinning down numbers easier) megatons per shot at least. The Pulse Lasers also cycle fairly rapidly and can be used to thin or even defeat hordes of missiles probably numbering into the thousands.

Plasma Torpedoes are basiclly a really shitty particle beam the novels even make this clear showing that the covenant don’t grasp that the plasma torpedo system could be used to feed a much deadlier beam instead of firing blobs of plasma down a magnetic tunnel. Cortana had no such issues and after some minor adjustments used them in beam form to slice enemy warships up like chainsaws through warm butter. Even in there normal inefficient mode they pack some punch able to wreck smaller UNSC ships with meters of armor plating with just a handful of hits.

These standard weapons are also used to burn the surfaces of planets so thoroughly nothing lives on them and most of the surface is transformed into jagged blackened glass when it’s over. The problem is all examples of these bombardments are as I can recall of indeterminate length, but not absurdly long (probably days at the most). So the firepower is still high though how high is debatable.

A trailer for Halo 2 for instance showed surface impacts easily seen from space that would have been into the gigatons at least, but this scene was never acutally in any of the games (Though earth was massively bombarded before Halo 3 with EU material saying only 200 million people survived the assault and we KNOW a large part of Africa was rendered uninhabitable to contain the flood)

I myself would peg the Pulse lasers at multi-megatons at a fairly rapid rate and Plasma torpedoes at low gigatons with a significantly slower rate of fire.

Halo weapons are wonky though at the high end we have railguns and nukes that can crack moons (clacs put Super MAC slugs well into the Teratons and the NOVA bomb cracked a moon and rendered an entire planet uninhabitable when detonated in orbit of it), and then at the low end infantry are still using assault rifles firing 7.62mm NATO ounds.
Closed Thread