Notices

Old 2009-12-18, 08:54   Link #22341
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinoras View Post
So...Lelouch don't want a baby? Smart bastard
Not really, Kallen was afraid for a hypothetical Lelouch's answer about that kind of projects (she know him)...then she presented him all the "package" in a single shot, the lie about a "distraction" with the morning-after-pill was just her idea "to soft" the shock.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 17:04   Link #22342
Skellington2612
fighting swine flu

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
I love that idea. S2... the real second season. R2 was just an alternate scenario... thus the "R2."
That reminds me on my opinion about the last Harry Potter book... it´s a joke that Rolling did before publishing the real one...
Anyway... I hardly doubt it is a continuation of R2 unless it´s a story a hundred years after of something of that sort, I really doubt we get Kallen again in fact I suppose we won´t get any CGLotR character except CC... but we might get character look or be alike past characters... which will be sad...
We´ll have to wait, when are the news of this project going to come? when is it going to be realeased?
Old 2009-12-19, 18:38   Link #22343
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

People certainly like twisting and distorting the meaning of "R2" on this site, don't they?
Old 2009-12-19, 18:40   Link #22344
Nobodyman9
Banned

They also like to go off topic on the Kallen Thread
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 18:40   Link #22345
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
People certainly like twisting and distorting the meaning of "R2" on this site, don't they?
"Rewrite and Reshoot"? Sorry, couldn't resist. Yes, they certainly do.
Old 2009-12-20, 09:03   Link #22346
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
They also like to go off topic on the Kallen Thread
Well...at least that means Kallen is popular. XD

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 13:48   Link #22347
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
Not really, Kallen was afraid for a hypothetical Lelouch's answer about that kind of projects (she know him)...then she presented him all the "package" in a single shot, the lie about a "distraction" with the morning-after-pill was just her idea "to soft" the shock.
I would think that upon hearing that world-changing news, Lelouch would drop his cup of Japanese tea from Kaguya (or favourite Italian cappucino, if you prefer), and Kallen, being as quick as ever, catches it before it can spill and the contents ruin Lelouch's pants and his day. After all, at this point in time he doesn't want to bring more innocents into what he perceives as the ruined personal world he's made.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 14:54   Link #22348
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
I would think that upon hearing that world-changing news, Lelouch would drop his cup of Japanese tea from Kaguya (or favourite Italian cappucino, if you prefer), and Kallen, being as quick as ever, catches it before it can spill and the contents ruin Lelouch's pants and his day. After all, at this point in time he doesn't want to bring more innocents into what he perceives as the ruined personal world he's made.
Lelouch's evolving in a very different way by now, the fear about bad answers from him is just a Kallen's paranoia connected with all the old conversations they had in the past, like all the bad words Lelouch said to Kallen for to protect her.

However, page three done, just a single big art and the "christmas" story "Lulù, I'm pregnant!" will be ready.
Don't aspect to see Lelouch singing "merry christmas" is just a appendix during that year period.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 16:39   Link #22349
azul120

Looks as if this thread has taken a bit of a fork.

Over at the [as] boards, not that anyone cares, Kallen is still The Wesley to a few of the people.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 16:55   Link #22350
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
over at the [as] forum, people still think lelouch might be alive
what do we care what people at the [as] forum think

and as i've already pointed out on the [as] boards at some point
if you wanted to strip away any character that is not absolutely crucial to the plot of code geass
you'd be left with Lelouch suzaku (season 1 only) and Lelouch's geass-enabling rock
Old 2009-12-20, 17:26   Link #22351
azul120

The thing is, one of the posters on the "Kallen = Wesley" side is otherwise reasonably insightful.
Old 2009-12-20, 17:38   Link #22352
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
The thing is, one of the posters on the "Kallen = Wesley" side is otherwise reasonably insightful.
so
insightful people can be just as wrong as normal people
especially on the internet
and ESPECIALLY in code geass forums

the fact remains that kallen plays a considerable part in the plot
the writers created an entire world full of characters, and kallen is one of them
could she be removed from the plot and the story still told ?
probably, if they change the story around to cover for her absence
but the same thing could be said about EVERY character, save for lelouch
suzaku's paralal subplot could be removed and instead the story focused on lelouch entirely (as it pretty much is in season 2)
C.C can be replaced with geass granting rock
nunnaly could be removed and instead have the plot focus on lelouch, as a personal revenge seeking guy (albiet, more of a villain without his mortality pet)

every character save for lelouch could be removed and the story re-written in such a way to compensate for it
but part of what makes lelouch more interesting as a character, is his interactions with other characters in the story
and thats where kallen fits into the plot, in the same way that the rest of the cast does
she makes lelouch more "human" in the same way nunnaly suzaku and C.C does
she is, to put it simply, the one true connection lelouch has to the japanese cause in a way other then simly using them as pawns for his OWN goals

just because someone on some other forum does not like her, doesn't mean i have to care about it
and the same goes for you

i actually have a pretty good idea about what kallens potential role is, but that kinda takes a while to explain, and i dont know if you've watched avatar yet so...
Old 2009-12-20, 17:53   Link #22353
azul120

Exactly. Without his friends, Lelouch would be Seto Kaiba with a political revenge vendetta.

Oh, and did you mean Avatar the movie? Haven't seen it yet?
Old 2009-12-20, 17:57   Link #22354
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

see it ASAP (3D only, of course)
once you do, think to yourself how similer to code geass it would be if lelouch was not such a bastard

and then ask yourself what role kallen plays within the frame of the story given that idea

as for the actual effect on the plot
kallen arguably has the most "positive" effect on lelouch in the frame of his development, in the sense that she's the first person to nail it to him that his fight should be about MORE then just his own selfish motives
and that there are OTHER people who believe in and relay on him

and it actually makes him more heroic for it
Old 2009-12-20, 18:04   Link #22355
azul120

Yeah. Though to be fair, Lelouch was already against Britannia. Season 1 episode 7 is a pretty good summation of that. Only one season later did he go full tilt in that direction.

And again, I think Seto Kaiba of Yu-Gi-Oh! is a pretty good example of what Lelouch would be like if he had no one else to inspire him and/or was too full of himself to learn from them.
Old 2009-12-20, 18:11   Link #22356
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

against britannia is not the same as for japan and its people
especially since he only viewed them as useful tools more or less in season 1

which is exactly my point really
ep 7 of season 2 is the first time lelouch starts thinking "my fight is not just about nunnaly"
and while his friends in ashford gave him the idea that the "better world' he wanted for nunnaly already exists
it was kallen who gave him the "not just about nunnaly" mind frame

naturaly, this being code geass, things dont work out the way he planed
Old 2009-12-20, 18:15   Link #22357
azul120

I'll say. Whooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, is anyone else watching Monster on SyFy? I can totally hear Kallen in Anna Liebert, who's played by the same VA, Karen Strassman.
Old 2009-12-20, 22:23   Link #22358
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
so
insightful people can be just as wrong as normal people
especially on the internet
and ESPECIALLY in code geass forums
Hmm, well having looked up the definition of "The Wesley" I think that this [as] commentor is wrong only in the sense that the definition doesn't quite fit Kallen. One of the requirements of a Wesley is that the author must, supposedly, love the character and that is why they're shoving him/her down our throats no matter how much we hate them. But I don't see that with Kallen. If anyone, I think Lelouch fits the "Wesley" bill more than anyone else (except a lot of people don't hate him)

But seriously, if this person doesn't like Kallen then that's perfectly fine. Everyone has different opinions and tastes and we know full well that Kallen has a good number of haters, and it doesn't make them any more right than anyone else. And as you blade, we do not have to care, especially if they're in a forum other than our own.
Old 2009-12-20, 22:51   Link #22359
azul120

The issue isn't whether or not the character in question isn't liked, it's whether the reasons behind it hold water. It's fine to have an opinion, but an unfounded one is duly open to scrutiny.
Old 2009-12-20, 23:00   Link #22360
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
The issue isn't whether or not the character in question isn't liked, it's whether the reasons behind it hold water. It's fine to have an opinion, but an unfounded one is duly open to scrutiny.
True, but why does anybody like or dislike anything? I mean, I don't think this guy is saying he hates Kallen for the hell of it. I'm sure he truly and honestly does not like Kallen (but then again this is the Internet, so you never know).

Now whether or not his reasons are good, as you said, is another question. But at the end of the day does it really matter? I mean, are we really gonna debate with this guy, convince him why his reasons for hating Kallen are stupid and unfounded and that he's suddenly going to see the light? The chances of that happening are slim to none.

Humans, as I have learned thus far from my walk of life, can be very irrational creatues and sometimes they might hate something for no good reason. And perhaps sometimes even they themselves don't know the reason. But yeah, I'm not gonna sweat over stuff like that. If that guy doesn't like Kallen, fine. If he doesn't have a good argument to back up his hatred then he should probably keep his mouth shut, but you can't control what people do and you can't change what they think (not without a great deal of difficulty anyway).