AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2014-03-18, 11:16   Link #2241
Raviel

I guess being molested was what finally unhinged Armin's inner monster.

Can't say I blame him though, I'd want to kill everything in my immediate vicinity too if I was in his shoes.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-18, 17:36   Link #2242
Uchiha Kesuke
Revaille's Squad Member

Well it could be possible that Armin is the "spy" within the recon corps. He seem to share the same opinion as the higher ups , i'm not sure why he would spy on them tho'
Uchiha Kesuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-18, 19:18   Link #2243
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Kesuke View Post
Well it could be possible that Armin is the "spy" within the recon corps. He seem to share the same opinion as the higher ups , i'm not sure why he would spy on them tho'
Would be a bit strange though, considering that HE was the one who actually motivated Eren to get to the outer world...
Old 2014-03-19, 05:20   Link #2244
Uchiha Kesuke
Revaille's Squad Member

Yeah he motivated Eren for the sake of others..
I mean like if you have to choose between letting you best friend die
Or letting hundreds of people die , i would let my friend die for the sake of humanity..
Armin could be thinking the same way although i have to admit it would me strange for Armin to think that way since he really seemed to "love" Eren.
Old 2014-03-19, 09:49   Link #2245
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Yeah he motivated Eren for the sake of others..
I mean like if you have to choose between letting you best friend die
Or letting hundreds of people die , i would let my friend die for the sake of humanity..
Armin could be thinking the same way although i have to admit it would me strange for Armin to think that way since he really seemed to "love" Eren.
You want to claim that Armin, as a ten year old, lied to Eren about having gotten the book about the outside world from his grandfather, showing it to manipulate Eren (in a way that was rather inconvinient for the Government, just saying), continueing to do so even after Eren literally saved him from the mouth of a titan, by seemingly giving his life to him and then goes on to deceive him even when he was about to get killed by canonball after being labeled a "traitor".

This seems a little bit far fetched for me... I doubt even Erwin would be capable of something like this if he was in Armin's shoes.
Old 2014-03-19, 12:59   Link #2246
HOLLOW08
PeterBerisha89

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
You want to claim that Armin, as a ten year old, lied to Eren about having gotten the book about the outside world from his grandfather, showing it to manipulate Eren (in a way that was rather inconvinient for the Government, just saying), continueing to do so even after Eren literally saved him from the mouth of a titan, by seemingly giving his life to him and then goes on to deceive him even when he was about to get killed by canonball after being labeled a "traitor".

This seems a little bit far fetched for me... I doubt even Erwin would be capable of something like this if he was in Armin's shoes.
My friend you seem to forget that the Survey Crops were willing to bargain Eren's and Historia's life for comfort and privileges, and judging by what Armin said about willing to kill others for the sake of causing hysteria then the Survey Corps aren't that far off. Erwin and his attempt into driving his squad in a mass filled are of Titans and then having them killed, when chasing Reiner, Ymir and Bertholt and then further going into the context of assassination...can only mean one thing? I think that the Survey Corps, are a bunch of corrupt crooks.....and it's having it's effect on the younger squad members.

Something just doesn't seem quite right though.....As I keep saying the Survey Corps are willing to kill anyone, even their own friends and partners to achieve their goals.

First...Armin betraying Annie
Second...the Survey Corps offering to trade people for pleasures.

There are more that I wanted to talk about, but I don't want to turn to hate crime, even though I'm filled with it, but the Survey Corps is rubbing me up the wrong way.

The Military Police Brigade is filled with backstabbers, freeloaders and crocks.

The Garrison are a bunch cowards and manipulative who-knows-what?!
HOLLOW08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-19, 13:58   Link #2247
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOLLOW08 View Post
My friend you seem to forget that the Survey Crops were willing to bargain Eren's and Historia's life for comfort and privileges, and judging by what Armin said about willing to kill others for the sake of causing hysteria then the Survey Corps aren't that far off. Erwin and his attempt into driving his squad in a mass filled are of Titans and then having them killed, when chasing Reiner, Ymir and Bertholt and then further going into the context of assassination...can only mean one thing? I think that the Survey Corps, are a bunch of corrupt crooks.....and it's having it's effect on the younger squad members.

Something just doesn't seem quite right though.....As I keep saying the Survey Corps are willing to kill anyone, even their own friends and partners to achieve their goals.

First...Armin betraying Annie
Second...the Survey Corps offering to trade people for pleasures.

There are more that I wanted to talk about, but I don't want to turn to hate crime, even though I'm filled with it, but the Survey Corps is rubbing me up the wrong way.

The Military Police Brigade is filled with backstabbers, freeloaders and crocks.

The Garrison are a bunch cowards and manipulative who-knows-what?!
Are you trying to white-wash the genociders again? Putting everything into relative terms is a dangerous thing and can easily lead to incorrect judgement. Moreover please give, for every instance you mentioned, an example of how they "should have acted in those situtations" according to you. If you cannot give plausible alternatives for every situation, then your argument is void, so in short "do it better yourself"!

And the way you interpreted the "bargaining with Eren's and Historia's lives" really is the last thing you should say. I still see Eren and Historia being with the Survey Corps and the the Reebs company. After all this talking about "reading between the lines", you took THAT one sentence literally? You are just picking from "literal" and "metaphorical" what best suits your interpretation, although it should actually be done the other way around: You should make your interpretation based on the events, actions, intentions and results.
Old 2014-03-19, 16:07   Link #2248
Uchiha Kesuke
Revaille's Squad Member

Quote:
Are you trying to white-wash the genociders again? Putting everything into relative terms is a dangerous thing and can easily lead to incorrect judgement. Moreover please give, for every instance you mentioned, an example of how they "should have acted in those situtations" according to you. If you cannot give plausible alternatives for every situation, then your argument is void, so in short "do it better yourself"!

And the way you interpreted the "bargaining with Eren's and Historia's lives" really is the last thing you should say. I still see Eren and Historia being with the Survey Corps and the the Reebs company. After all this talking about "reading between the lines", you took THAT one sentence literally? You are just picking from "literal" and "metaphorical" what best suits your interpretation, although it should actually be done the other way around: You should make your interpretation based on the events, actions, intentions and results.
Well well well , we got ourselfs a animenazi on our hand.
It's just an anime dude calm down.

Everybody got their own opinion and interpretation of things and hey in the world AoT anything could happen.
Old 2014-03-20, 06:32   Link #2249
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Well well well , we got ourselfs a animenazi on our hand.
It's just an anime dude calm down.

Everybody got their own opinion and interpretation of things and hey in the world AoT anything could happen.
Usually I'd agree with you. But posting such a forced interpretation after claiming how "people need to read between the lines" is insulting everyones' intelligence. Moreover I already edited my post, which was even harsher orignially, so yes I am already holding back.
Old 2014-03-20, 09:26   Link #2250
Kiltias

Quote:
Doesn't have to be someone that big.
Wouldn't be surprised if it's the Guy in Hanji's Team wearing Goggles.
Isayama went out of his way to always show him when something happens.

Annie in the Forest - He was there
Annie in Stohess - He was there
Utgard - He was there
I believe we also saw him during the Trost Incident.Might be wrong on that though.

It's just him as well.Not Armin's good Twin or Moblit.
Sorry, but I find it fishy Isayama seems to put this guy onto scenes.We don't even know his name nor Abilities just, he was there.
Kiltias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 09:37   Link #2251
Uchiha Kesuke
Revaille's Squad Member

Quote:
Usually I'd agree with you. But after forcing such a forced interpretation after claiming how "people need to read between the lines" is insulting everyones' intelligence. Moreover I already edited my post, which was even harsher orignially, so yes I am already holding back.
And where exactly did i said that people need to read between the lines?
I talked about possibilities which is based on my own interpretation after reading the manga.

But then again i didnt came here to argue over who's wrong or who's right.
If you have something to say about the anime/manga then bring it on but accept the fact that certain peoples interpretation could be different then yours...
Old 2014-03-20, 09:40   Link #2252
Uchiha Kesuke
Revaille's Squad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthat'sas View Post
Doesn't have to be someone that big.
Isayama went out of his way to always show him when something happens.

Annie in the Forest - He was there
Annie in Stohess - He was there
Utgard - He was there
I believe we also saw him during the Trost Incident.Might be wrong on that though.

It's just him as well.Not Armin's good Twin or Moblit.
Sorry, but I find it fishy Isayama seems to put this guy onto scenes.We don't even know his name nor Abilities just, he was there.
Yeah this indeed sounds fishy. Got a chapter where i can find him ?
Old 2014-03-20, 10:07   Link #2253
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
And where exactly did i said that people need to read between the lines?
I talked about possibilities which is based on my own interpretation after reading the manga.

But then again i didnt came here to argue over who's wrong or who's right.
If you have something to say about the anime/manga then bring it on but accept the fact that certain peoples interpretation could be different then yours...
Look again please. I was quoting HOLLOW08, not you.
Old 2014-03-20, 17:42   Link #2254
Kiltias

Quote:
Yeah this indeed sounds fishy. Got a chapter where i can find him ?
Chapter 27.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 41.
All different Arcs as well in which he appeared in each only once.

From Chapter 51 I think it is, was the first time we were shown him "officially" as member of Team Hanji.
Kiltias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 21:13   Link #2255
Uchiha Kesuke
Revaille's Squad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiltias View Post
Chapter 27.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 41.
All different Arcs as well in which he appeared in each only once.

From Chapter 51 I think it is, was the first time we were shown him "officially" as member of Team Hanji.
Allright thanks mate
Old 2014-03-23, 09:11   Link #2256
Breimoon

on 4chan they are discussing the chances of Arming betraying Eren. They seem to use some sort of interview as hints (like: the story might not end with Arming being good friends with Eren)
can not read moon runes so dont know how much truth there is about those interviews

Last edited by Solace; 2014-04-04 at 19:56. Reason: Linking to 4chan is not advised.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-23, 12:58   Link #2257
Reticia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiltias View Post
You mean this guy ? He looks so plain and useless. I don't even remember him.

Spoiler for From chapter 41:
Old 2014-03-23, 16:21   Link #2258
Uchiha Kesuke
Revaille's Squad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
on 4chan they are discussing the chances of Arming betraying Eren. They seem to use some sort of interview as hints (like: the story might not end with Arming being good friends with Eren)
can not read moon runes so dont know how much truth there is about those interviews

Interesting

Last edited by Solace; 2014-04-04 at 19:57. Reason: Removed quote.
Old 2014-03-28, 05:19   Link #2259
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Been reading most of this thread a few months ago, it was mostly a good read. Got caught up a few months ago on the chapters and following the monthly releases ever since.

========

Aside from some of the obvious big revelations in the chapter, I was also pleasant to see that:

Spoiler:
Old 2014-04-05, 11:32   Link #2260
zibi88

Spoiler for about 56:

Last edited by zibi88; 2014-04-05 at 12:14.
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote