AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Re:Zero

Notices

Old 2017-07-10, 05:15   Link #2241
Tascan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
1) Someone put the harem tag there early on under assumption of this being a harem like most Isekai's nowadays from the get go without an actual harem being the story. You could argue it is a pseudo harem if you take any of the ship teases outside of SubaruxEmilia and SubaruxRem seriously (see Petra) otherwise it remains a love triangle.
So it turns out that in the end the main character will still choose only one girl? And there is no possibility that he will remain with both Rem and Emilia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
2) There is both. Part of the story is prevent those disasters from occurring through loops including his own. However results are mixed because in some cases while Subaru maybe able stop deaths directly, a few of the characters involved will not escaped unscratched. Arc 3 is a good example of this on several levels.
That is, they: get any damage (for example, loss of memory or similar), but in the end everything also exists in history? And there is a possibility that the protagonist will save them.
Tascan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-10, 08:19   Link #2242
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tascan View Post
So it turns out that in the end the main character will still choose only one girl? And there is no possibility that he will remain with both Rem and Emilia?
Well I don't know how much you have watched or read of this series so I will try to avoid revealing too much.

Spoiler for the OT3:

Quote:
That is, they: get any damage (for example, loss of memory or similar), but in the end everything also exists in history? And there is a possibility that the protagonist will save them.
It's something along those lines or like grievous injuries. I will mention what happens to a specific character despite Subaru's best without saying his or her name.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Applehell; 2017-07-10 at 17:59. Reason: Tag corection
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-12, 21:14   Link #2243
Applehell

Arc 4 Ch 35 is out. *mod snip*

Volume 13 3rd week sales:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here are the weekly light novel rankings for July 3 - 9
Rank / This week's sales by copies / Cumulative sales / Titles

*1. 11,651 *32,328 Isekai Shokudou Vol.4
*2. 10,097 *10,097 86 Vol.2
*3. *8,496 **8,496 Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon: Girls Talk Vol.3
*4. *8,292 *53,777 Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Vol.13
*5. *7,516 **7,516 Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin Vol.12
*6. *6,586 *24,568 Youjo Senki Vol.8
*7. *6,532 *24,036 Isekai Cheat Majutsushi Vol.6
*8. *5,657 *19,320 Sekaiichi Hatsukoi: Hatori Yoshiyuki no Baai Vol.2
*9. *5,473 154,703 Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Vol.22
10. *4,807 *48,780 Knights & Magic Vol.1

11. *4,262 *43,491 Knights & Magic Vol.2
12. *4,065 **4,065 Tenshi no 3P! Vol.10
13. *3,986 **3,986 Boogiepop Doubtful: Fuka Kouryaku no Rabbit Run
14. *3,705 109,038 Meitantei Conan Karakurenai no Love Letter
15. *3,521 136,909 Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Vol.12
16. *3,473 **3,473 Daifugou Koutei no Gokujou Chouai
17. *3,367 *42,488 Knights & Magic Vol.3
18. *3,314 **3,314 Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Vol.2
19. *3,233 **7,450 Kaifuku Jutsushi Yarinaoshi: Sokushi Mahou to Skill Copy no Chouetsu Heal
20. *3,032 **3,186 Akuyaku Reijou wa, Dragon to wa Odorenai

21. *2,118 *22,849 Berserk: Enryuu no Kishi
22. *2,078 **2,233 Dannasama wa Majutsu Baka Vol.2
https://myanimelist.net/news/51492509

Last edited by Applehell; 2017-07-21 at 16:36. Reason: Series is licensed. Don't mention fan-translator name.
Old 2017-07-18, 18:35   Link #2244
Applehell

So Julius had his birthday at the start of this month and Tappei did recent a Q&A on him.

WintryOne translated them, but he only focused on the questions Tappei answered and what seemed the most interesting since there were a lot of them.

Quote:
  • His most valued possession is his ground dragon.
  • His quasi-spirits introduce themselves with their given name and his last name.
  • The first thing Julius would do upon coming to our world is visit a library.
  • He's usually good at picking gifts for people, but when he sends a gift to his brother Joshua, he usually sends something Julius likes himself instead.
  • He's mostly vegetarian, so his preferred foods are vegetables and fruits, with tomato (tometo in their terms) as a favorite. He likes ketchup more than mayonnaise.
  • His blessing is still active; without it, his spirits would have abandoned him.
  • If it actually came to eating curry udon, he'd study it and be able to eat it better than Subaru.
  • His current favorability towards Subaru would be eight or nine out of ten, and his communication skill would be around seven out of ten.
  • When they were young, Julius saw Reinhard carrying the dragon sword Reid, was embarrassed at having depended on his position in the nobility up to that point, and was motivated to develop his mind and body.
  • Julius has received a lot of attention from the women due to being near Reinhard, being in the knights (and also due to Ferris), but he prefers to work for his rewards himself, so he's politely declined everything up to this point.
Kadokawa has big event that's gonna to happen in September:
Quote:
http://mfbunkoj-fes.com/stage/

Basically Re Zero will have a stage talk in MF Bunko J Summer Festival 2017. For those who are not familiar, MF Bunko J is the publisher and every summer they hold an amine con for their own brand.

Why is it important then? Well, USUALLY they will announce something on the stage, either game, OVA, movie orseason2 (E.g. NGNL announced movie last year). Personally I think it is the best timing to announce s2 as the preparation time takes around 2 years or so according to Tappei. It also explains why the wn update slows down so much or simply because he is too slothful

But playing devil's advocate, I think re zero will have a stage talk any way because of how hot the IP is so maybe there is nothing special to it
Old 2017-07-21, 16:39   Link #2245
Applehell

Okay the actual Ch 36 is out (I made mistake in my last post) with both parts 1 and 2 are up.

The last part was pretty damn creepy, but it definitely seems that someone has been in that laboratory recently.
Old 2017-07-24, 07:22   Link #2246
BlackCockDown
Disabled By Request

RIP the guys who read that he was eaten alive yet still thought it was either Ram or Garfiel who killed him.
BlackCockDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-24, 14:12   Link #2247
Applehell

Unless either of two suddenly turned out to be cannibals and got small enough borrow through his stomach at blinding speeds... that would have been highly unlikely anyway.
Old 2017-07-26, 19:44   Link #2248
Applehell

Arc 4 Ch 37 is up.

Roswaal tho

Spoiler:

Whew.

Last edited by Applehell; 2017-07-26 at 21:36.
Old 2017-08-02, 05:53   Link #2249
BlackCockDown
Disabled By Request

It'll be almost since a month since anon's updates ahhhh
BlackCockDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-02, 19:38   Link #2250
Applehell

For anyone still following or is interested in it, the manga adaptation of the 3rd has released chapters 22-23.

TC's released Arc 4 Ch 38 part 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCockDown View Post
It'll be almost since a month since anon's updates ahhhh
In fairness it's not like this guy was ever a stable translator. He could always bugger off at one point and never be heard from again.

Last edited by Applehell; 2017-08-02 at 23:11.
Old 2017-08-06, 07:02   Link #2251
Applehell

Arc 4 Ch 38 part 2 and 39 part 1 are up at the usual place.

Quote:
[Subaru: Ah, come to think of it, what are you doing here? I mean, really, for the last three or four days I’ve had time to think about loads of things, and I’m not exaggerating, but you were basically the only person who never crossed my mind]

[Otto: You’re unbelievable, you know that!! To think I’d still be surprised you’d say something like that at this point!!]

[Subaru: Honestly though, I’m the one surprised at how your existence just vanished from my head. The moment I saw you I wasn’t even sure if you were Otto or the appa-seller-uncle, you know]

[Otto: Who’s the appa-seller-uncle!?]

Quote:
[Subaru: He was kind of a starting point for me. We could also call him MR.SAVEPOINT]
OMG! That meme was real...
Old 2017-08-08, 19:28   Link #2252
Applehell

Arc 4 Ch 39 2/2 is here. A really nice one due the bonding moment between Subaru and Otto.

The banter between them is as funny always too.

Quote:
[Otto: Finding you was all thanks to me, you know. I believe this is where you give me your most sincere praises, so, what do you think, Natsuki-san?]

[Subaru: I’m honestly impressed, and you really helped me. So how did you find me?]

[Otto: Fufufuu~, do you really want to know? You want to know, right? You want to know]

[Subaru: Yeah, I wanna know. You must’ve used your Divine Protection of Anima Whipering to talk to the bugs and lizards and plants in the forest to gather information to find me here, huh]

[Otto: Yes but can you please give me back my sense of superiority!?]
Old 2017-08-10, 12:36   Link #2253
Sayaka Rei

For Emilia's birthday ! So Cute !

Sayaka Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-10, 14:45   Link #2254
Applehell

Competely unexpected and Kadokawa is holding an event for like they did with Rem too.

Between this, the big announcement in September and vol 14 being released at the same time it's differently going to be Re:0's month.
Old 2017-08-11, 10:42   Link #2255
Roxanne
メンバー

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayaka Rei View Post

She is really cute
Roxanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-17, 00:13   Link #2256
Applehell

Truth of Zero vol 6 cover. It's out on Aug 23.

Old 2017-08-17, 22:29   Link #2257
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Why did manga choose to follow anime more then LN or WN? I heard the negotiation scene as well as the tree scene were similarly cut, manga has more room to portray these events. Of course I could be wrong, but then there is always that distinct possibility I'm right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayaka Rei View Post

I bet that not a lot of people came seeing as how the fanbase leans more towards Rem. Emilia is just a bundle of wasted potential, you can't do much with her or else it would affect side character development and Subaru development (I absolutely loathe his interactions with Emilia, his memespeak drives me crazy). Once they get past arc 6, there could then be room for further development as there would be no story to deviate from.
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.

Last edited by Flower; 2017-08-24 at 10:31. Reason: Please do not double post - use the edit button instead.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-18, 19:34   Link #2258
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeMancer View Post
Why did manga choose to follow anime more then LN or WN? I heard the negotiation scene as well as the tree scene were similarly cut, manga has more room to portray these events. Of course I could be wrong, but then there is always that distinct possibility I'm right.
The manga isn't following the anime but LN. There isn't much more to negotiation than in any version of story than what you saw outside a couple lines. Some people hypoed that too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeMancer View Post
I bet that not a lot of people came seeing as how the fanbase leans more towards Rem. Emilia is just a bundle of wasted potential, you can't do much with her or else it would affect side character development and Subaru development (I absolutely loathe his interactions with Emilia, his memespeak drives me crazy). Once they get past arc 6, there could then be room for further development as there would be no story to deviate from.
Please stop equating the fanbase with what some random anons on 4chan think and do, stop getting your information from a site notorious for disinformation for that matter. It's not like there is some zero sum game tribal game within the fandom, both Emilia and Rem are well liked otherwise Kadokawa wouldn't be holding this event. Subaru acts that way every character (just see my example with Otto) in the WN from time to time. I have no idea what mean by wasted potential either she pretty well written and doesn't magically infringe on another character's development. Do people not understand how writing work and thinks Tappei just randomly writes on the fly or something? Was Ram or Otto's taking the place of someone else during their scenes? Of course not and even if they did who were they replacing? Garfiel? Subaru? Betty? Exactly, it's not something you actually qualify and writers don't replace screentime with another. It's just a stupid excuse to randomly bash a character. Anyone could say the same thing about any character they didn't like and would make just as much sense.

Last edited by Applehell; 2017-08-18 at 20:30.
Old 2017-08-20, 13:11   Link #2259
Applehell

The Elsa and Meili sidestory that came out a few months ago just translated. You can find it on the Re:Zero subbedit since despite being a bonus story, I'm not sure if I can link here.

It's called thread and the title of the short story is called Elsa and Meili, Assassin Sisters Diary

Pic:
Old 2017-08-21, 17:26   Link #2260
Applehell

Arc 4 Ch 40 is finally out. It's a whole chapter this time.

Tags
alternate world, not harem, reborn, thriller, time travel, webnovel