AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-03-08, 20:04   Link #2241
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Awesome! Tomorrow is the day right? I'm gonna stop by on Gamestop after work .
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 13:10   Link #2242
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well picked up my copy at the midnight launch and have had fun so far. Probably the biggest downside would be Vanille's VA. Just not a fan of that accent and just doesn't seem to quite fit. Otherwise I'm enjoying it. The combat has been fun and we've got a fairly interesting group of characters. Certainly you have a pretty straight direction to move toward, but I usually moved toward the destination rather quickly anyways.
Old 2010-03-09, 13:20   Link #2243
Ehnra
Exceptions

Got my copy of the game today and I'm impressed, more than the game itself I really enjoy the visual part of the game and the characters
Old 2010-03-09, 15:11   Link #2244
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Alright it's show time in about an hour when I go to Walmart to pick it up and then I just have to get through work and I can go home and give it a try. Sure is a lot of complaining about the game over on Gamefaqs Message Boards, but who is to say how much of it is trolling or 13 year olds.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 15:42   Link #2245
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Alright it's show time in about an hour when I go to Walmart to pick it up and then I just have to get through work and I can go home and give it a try. Sure is a lot of complaining about the game over on Gamefaqs Message Boards, but who is to say how much of it is trolling or 13 year olds.
If there's possibly any one positive about it, it's the posts now that say, "Oh hey, this isn't as bad as I thought it'd be."

I need to buy a PS3 before I get this game. Gotta start saving...
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 15:42   Link #2246
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Okay... About an hour and a half into the game.

Is it me or does the Datalog's information regarding Hope and his emotions NOT being reflected in cutscenes and his words?

I am very much not seeing what the Datalog says is happening.

Otherwise, this game is A+ Gorgeous.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 15:51   Link #2247
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I just hope lighntning isn't as much odf a cloud clone. That and her name is retarded imo
Old 2010-03-09, 15:54   Link #2248
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I just hope lighntning isn't as much odf a cloud clone. That and her name is retarded imo
Cloud and Lightning, now we just a FF character name Thunder to complete the set
Old 2010-03-09, 16:16   Link #2249
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
There were a lot positive posts there yesterday and posters at NeoGAF really like it. So it's probably just trolling, most people are just playing the game and not posting much.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 16:23   Link #2250
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Cloud and Lightning, now we just a FF character name Thunder to complete the set
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isR-B7b3KAI if she rips off raiden's line, I'll kill people ><
Old 2010-03-09, 16:46   Link #2251
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
YAY! I squealed when I opened my package XD And so far, my joy over it didn't lessen. I'm like 6 hours in the game now. Not much but I'm already hooked.

Lightning is way more than Squall I'd say. Attitude wise. I also wouldn't pick up the Cloud alikeness if it hadn't been pointed out to me like a hundred times before I got my copy (might just be because they have the same mama ... mama computer). Same with other bad impressions of the game. It's just the start, so I'm far from having an opinion about it, but it made one of the best first impressions on me of a FF yet.

Graphics are awesome of course, but they're always stunning when a FF comes out. What I really like is the presentation of the characters. How the focus shifts from one character to the next, so you get to now them - also in battle. You're forced t play with everyone as the leader. I'm not even through all tutorials I guess

I don't like Vanille's VA either <.< She's too highpitched. I already grew to like the cast, so no complaints there. Lesse how things develop

And OH the music. Masashi has a new fan Listening to the OST right now that came with my copy. Awesomeness! <3 He caught the athmosphere point on.

The linearity; Yeah, all ways uptil know are very linear, but ... who cares? I don't at least, lol. The linear way reminded me a lot of FFX. OH! Specially the beginning, with the bridge in a futuristic street which breaks later .. déja vû . Can't say it bothers me, though. All FFs (but 11 and 12) have been linear, it's always been from A to B. Didn't stop me from enjoying.
But I couldn't help but notice that the paths were originally designed so the player had to jump him/herself. Can't really tell if it's for the better or worse that they took it out.

Well, first impression is VERY positive. I had to force myself to stop playing and still played too long because the time went by too fast. I already have fun with the game and I hope it stays that way.
I like the myth of the worlds and the conflicts (already! xD) between the characters. This title seems very promising, looking forward to the rest of the game
I don't really know what to think about the battle system and chrystellanium (or whatever the F it's called in english xD) yet, until now it's too simpel. The switching of roles reminded me of the character swapping (and thus job change too) in FFX in battle. I love X so similarities aren't meant to be negative.

Off to my college work so I can play after university tomorrow
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 16:50   Link #2252
Sassarai
Army of One

Blah, reading all the reviews from people who got their copy already makes me want to play it but I'll have to wait till the tv that I want arrives first.
Sassarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 17:17   Link #2253
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Probably the biggest downside would be Vanille's VA. Just not a fan of that accent and just doesn't seem to quite fit.
Personally i find that it fits her character perfectly, though it's still a huge shame to think we get Yukari Fukui in the Japanese version. Now that's a perfect fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Is it me or does the Datalog's information regarding Hope and his emotions NOT being reflected in cutscenes and his words?

I am very much not seeing what the Datalog says is happening.
I think the cutscenes are doing a good job with Hope's development at the beginning of the story, but yeah the Datalog does seem to be telling us more then we're finding out. I quite like that though, plus i'm always reading new information when it's displayed. I'd be kinda lost in the story without most of the Datalog information in the first hour.

I'm waiting for people to start complaining about his character though. I can see it coming from a mile away.
Old 2010-03-09, 17:25   Link #2254
Leo Keichi

Quote:
Sure is a lot of complaining about the game over on Gamefaqs Message Boards, but who is to say how much of it is trolling or 13 year olds.
Yeah, what bothers me the most is that people bash the game without even playing it first.
Leo Keichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 17:26   Link #2255
rainnydaiis
Let it Rain

Send a message via MSN to rainnydaiis
I just went and picked up my english copy of FFXIII, seeing as I already beat it in Japanese with minimal to medium lost in translation. Thought I would get a language that I could fully understand and see how off I was during my own translations. So far the the VA's are what seems to bug me the most. Besides the VA's of Lightning and Sazh the rest of the characters are lacking what I would call... "talent?" They seem to be doing pretty horrible compared to the 2, But besides that nothing different so far and I can enjoy the game as is.

I guess thats what happens when they rush a International version, instead of the usual like 6-8 months waiting period in between. Glad they pleased fans a lot more by this quick release, but can't help but see the lack in quality in the voice actors because of it.
rainnydaiis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 20:55   Link #2256
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Well as expected, I got the strategy guide first in the mail than the actual game itself. Curse the Europeans and their exclusive access to collector's edition; making me import it because I couldn't resist the temptation.

On the bright side, seems Game.co.uk shipped my game last Friday (shocking I know), so with any luck, I'd get it before the weekend.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 21:09   Link #2257
Peterbigeyes

Hi everyone! I'm new and I coulden't resist when I saw the title. I have heard rumors about FF XIII coming out on PSP. Anyone know if thats true?
Peterbigeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 21:43   Link #2258
rainnydaiis
Let it Rain

Send a message via MSN to rainnydaiis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterbigeyes View Post
Hi everyone! I'm new and I coulden't resist when I saw the title. I have heard rumors about FF XIII coming out on PSP. Anyone know if thats true?
Considering how graphic and huge the actual game file is, its a definite no. There might be a game called plus or something that will come out on the psp, but that was rumors
rainnydaiis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 21:50   Link #2259
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
Graphics are awesome of course, but they're always stunning when a FF comes out. What I really like is the presentation of the characters. How the focus shifts from one character to the next, so you get to now them - also in battle. You're forced t play with everyone as the leader. I'm not even through all tutorials I guess
I do like the aspect of the perspective shifting so you use the various characters. Somewhat makes me think of FFVI since that kind of shifting perspective was handled pretty well there.

Anyways glad I picked up the collector's guide. I probably won't use it much as a guide, but it does look really nice. Besides like having the number out of the finite amount made that's inside the cover. Suppose I'm kind of weak to those collector's items.
Old 2010-03-09, 21:50   Link #2260
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
There were a lot positive posts there yesterday and posters at NeoGAF really like it. So it's probably just trolling, most people are just playing the game and not posting much.
Okay, now there lots of positive impressions GFAQs. Looking forward to picking up my copy tomorrow.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
final fantasy, ps3, rpg, square-enix, xbox 360