and then explode
Old 2008-10-22, 04:28   Link #2242
Clegger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
except the fight against C.C ended the same way
damage to the chest plate which caused the machine to fizz up for a few seconds
and then explode
I actually haven't seen the Kallen/CC fight so I didn't know the same thing happened. Oh well, so much for my theory.
Clegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-22, 04:51   Link #2243
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clegger View Post
I thought the final fight between Suzaku and Kallen was a tie. I'm still not sold that Kallen's final blow is what made the Lancelot explode. The time between her blow and how long it took for the Lancelot to explode makes me think Suzaku self destructed on purpose. I'm not saying he wasn't trying to win because he had to destroy the Guren or the plan would fail, what I am saying is he took advantage of the way everything played out.

He had time to tell Kallen that her blow did reach him, for Kallen to start falling and enough time to get out of the way of the explosion. So I see the scene as Suzaku trying to win outright, not being able too, Kallen's final blow making the Lancelot useless and Suzaku taking advantage of the situation and faking his death.
Things don't normally explode on contact, not even bombs themselves.

Explosions come delayed because of how it works. Most common being pressure building up, leading to an explosion. This could be the case in Lancelot.

With Gurren's arm stuck in Lancelot, it cuts off and damages stuff like hydraulic and fuel lines, causing the liquids and gases to build up in certain areas. When the liquid and gases build up, pressure rises and to a certain point when a spark from broken electric cables happens near the area, an explosion occurs.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-22, 05:07   Link #2244
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
actually (while this may belong in the mecha thread more) the chest area in most kmf's is probably where the yeggodirashil drive is placed (the energy cube that spins)
every KMF has one (thats how they run)
and it cant be in the arms or legs
and the head serves as a video scanner in most KMF's
the cockpit block is on the back
which just leaves the chest
and its a fact that every time a KMF is hit in the chest (a deep hit) it explodes
Old 2008-10-22, 05:27   Link #2245
Clegger

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Things don't normally explode on contact, not even bombs themselves.

Explosions come delayed because of how it works. Most common being pressure building up, leading to an explosion. This could be the case in Lancelot.

With Gurren's arm stuck in Lancelot, it cuts off and damages stuff like hydraulic and fuel lines, causing the liquids and gases to build up in certain areas. When the liquid and gases build up, pressure rises and to a certain point when a spark from broken electric cables happens near the area, an explosion occurs.
I know things don't explode on contact, it just seemed to me like it took a little longer than usual, but thats just me. Your most likely right. I guess I was just looking for a reason explain how perfect Suzaku's fake death turned out. I don't think Lelouch/Suzaku could of planned it any better than that.
Clegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-22, 07:31   Link #2246
Eliarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
I have to say, some of you aren't giving Kallen the credit she deserves. She won, fair and square against Suzaku. He had his live on hax, she had the superior frame; they were even, but she BARELY pulled off the victory, albeit, not enough to actually keep going and stop Lelouch.
Ah, sorry, but it's still a tie for me. Both survived, both had their knightmare trashed, both were trying their best. Tie it is for me

Reading everyone's posts on the subject, I'm reminded of the endless discussions about who was the stronger pilot; some thought the entire series proved Kallen was better than Suzaku, some thought otherwise, and everyone had arguments like "she obviously won that one time!" where the other side would go "are you blind? That was his win, no question!". So like with a lot of other discussions I'll go with a "decide for yourself" conclusion.

Quote:
It would be horrible planning on their part to do something so unpredictible as depend on Suzaku to stop Kallen, but not get killed or kill her in the process. It would be an incredibly stupid way of doing things when they could have just faked his death much easier in the two month gap between capturing Damocles and Lelouch's 'death.'

There are too many things that could have gone wrong. And don't give me the 'he predicted Schneizel's answers speech.' Lelouch and Schneizel think very much alike (their ideals and dreams are very different, but they think alike). Knowing what Schneizel knows and what kind of person he is, he could extrapolate from that.

Lelouch, however, was clearly not expecting Kallen to bust into Avalon, etc. He did not have her factored in perfectly. And at any rate, he knew that Kallen had superior mech hax and Suzaku had 'live on' hax; other than that, they had always prooved to be about even. He would have been a fool to have something so important be determined by the flip of a coin.

Also, Suzaku himself admitted that the fight was even; saying that he was talking to Kallen makes no sense to me. Both of them appear to be talking to themselves as to why neither can win. At any rate, to have the final match up between the two main mechs in the series to be staged would be a major slap in the face. It seems to me in the end the Black King and Queen won their respectively battles, which is fine by me...artistically and thematically.

youngde, signing off.
I for one never said the fight went just as planned. The way I see it, Kallen was needed in the plan to help fake Suzaku's death, but she turned out to be stronger than they'd originally thought. I'm of the opinion that Suzaku always was a bit ahead of Kallen in terms of piloting (notice the "opinion" part, because I'm using this to justify my POV, not to start a war >.>) so I can see Lelouch and Suzaku thinking the Live Geass would allow him to sort of control how the fight would go, stop Kallen and still fake his death convincingly. But here's the thing: it wasn't, and the fight was very much even.

The fight itself was part of the plan. How it turned out exactly wasn't. That's how I see it~~
Eliarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-22, 11:00   Link #2247
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

I'll just say that depending on how you look at it the fight could be called either way. Kallen had superior mech hax and Suzaku had 'live on' hax (which they point out to themselves when neither can win), and their skill level has always been about even w/ similar mechs, so it's fair to say the fight was even. Kallen got the last hit in, which caused Lancelot to explode (in theory), so from that POV, Kallen won the fight. Still, Suzaku completed his objective and managed to escape, so from that POV, he won. Still, both survived in the end, so it could be called a tie.

My main point anyway was simply that Suzaku didn't take a dive for the sake of the plan, which is what some people seem to think. That just seems a bit ridiculous that Lelouch and Suzaku would rely on an unpredicible fight to fake his death when they could have done it in a much more controlled situation during the two month time gap. It was mostly dumb luck that they were able to take advantage of.

And, no matter what anyone may say, the fact that they were nearly tied means for me that Kallen could have kicked Bismark's ass so long as she had the SEITEN.

youngde, signing off.
Old 2008-10-22, 11:05   Link #2248
Shuuda
Sniped.

Send a message via MSN to Shuuda
Quote:
And, no matter what anyone may say, the fact that they were nearly tied means for me that Kallen could have kicked Bismark's ass so long as she had the SEITEN.
Now you really are overestimating Kallen, I cannot even see how she could have been Suzaku really apart from plot reasons. Though I says this as someone who thinks that Bismarck is much cooler and sexier than both them wimps.
Shuuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-22, 14:30   Link #2249
hero147

How does Suzaku escape the exploding Lancelot, it must've been planned. Where would Suzaku go, Damocles doesn't exactly have doorways throughout the place, and at the altitude, his breathing should also take a problem. For the record, I've always though Suzaku was the better pilot, due to his reaction time and such.
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-22, 14:30   Link #2250
Charred Knight

Quote:
I'll just say that depending on how you look at it the fight could be called either way. Kallen had superior mech hax and Suzaku had 'live on' hax (which they point out to themselves when neither can win), and their skill level has always been about even w/ similar mechs, so it's fair to say the fight was even. Kallen got the last hit in, which caused Lancelot to explode (in theory), so from that POV, Kallen won the fight. Still, Suzaku completed his objective and managed to escape, so from that POV, he won. Still, both survived in the end, so it could be called a tie.

My main point anyway was simply that Suzaku didn't take a dive for the sake of the plan, which is what some people seem to think. That just seems a bit ridiculous that Lelouch and Suzaku would rely on an unpredicible fight to fake his death when they could have done it in a much more controlled situation during the two month time gap. It was mostly dumb luck that they were able to take advantage of.

youngde, signing off.
Put Tamaki in the Albion or Seiten and he could have defeated Bismark.

Code Geass pilots are only as competent as the machine they use.

Of course to be fair if Tamaki was in the Britannian military he would have been in the Knights of Round
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-22, 15:04   Link #2251
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

why do everyone seem to think that the albion doesnt have an ejection block ?
the original one didnt have since its a prototype
but
a)every other unit that is 7th gen since the lancelot has one (vincents,lancelot frontier)
b)the albion is NOT the same machine as the original lancelot was (litterally a different machine altogether)

why do people really think that there wouldnt be one on the albion
would Lloyd not want to install one from some reason ?
Old 2008-10-22, 15:11   Link #2252
Knight Of Zero
Zero Requiem
*IT Support

Quote:
why do everyone seem to think that the albion doesnt have an ejection block ?
the original one didnt have since its a prototype
but
a)every other unit that is 7th gen since the lancelot has one (vincents,lancelot frontier)
b)the albion is NOT the same machine as the original lancelot was (litterally a different machine altogether)

why do people really think that there wouldnt be one on the albion
would Lloyd not want to install one from some reason ?
Maybe it because people think powerful knightmare don't need an ejection. When th Guren Saiten fell down Kallen didn't use the ejection becuse it dosen't have one
Knight Of Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-22, 15:16   Link #2253
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

but the SEITEN has one
the computer says (before shuting down)

"guren SEITEN shuting down
eject from body"
kallen was just out cold (or she saw that gino catch her, we'll never know)

why would the albion not have one
if there wasnt one suzaku would have had to have been killed by the explosion (considering how big it was and how long it took the lancelot to explode after kallen fell (4 seconds)
there was no way he'd get far enough on foot
and when the frontier exploded the escape block was inside the explosion for a second (it started flying away)
Old 2008-10-22, 15:21   Link #2254
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Likely the Lancelot Albion has an emergency ejection system, but in the end it wasn't used--as you see with any and all Knightmare Frames, when there's an ejection, the entire cockpit block is removed, unlike a jet where only the seat is launched. While Lancelot Albion has one, it wasn't used, as you see the entire block still attached when it finally explodes.
Old 2008-10-22, 15:24   Link #2255
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Likely the Lancelot Albion has an emergency ejection system, but in the end it wasn't used--as you see with any and all Knightmare Frames, when there's an ejection, the entire cockpit block is removed, unlike a jet where only the seat is launched. While Lancelot Albion has one, it wasn't used, as you see the entire block still attached when it finally explodes.
look at the scene when the lancelot frontier explodes
the escape block is still conected when it goes off
Old 2008-10-22, 15:25   Link #2256
Knight Of Zero
Zero Requiem
*IT Support

Quote:
but the SEITEN has one
the computer says (before shuting down)

"guren SEITEN shuting down
eject from body"
kallen was just out cold (or she saw that gino catch her, we'll never know)

why would the albion not have one (if there wasnt one suzaku would have had to have been killed by the explosion (considering how big it was and how long it took the lancelot to explode after kallen fell (4 seconds)
The Live geass activate with it he can achieve impossible results. It almost activate when he was about to get kill in stage 21 and he didn't eject at that time so there no ejection. But if Zero never save him and the Live activates what do u think will happen? Do u think he will surive? If he can than he can also surive the explosion.
Old 2008-10-22, 15:29   Link #2257
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Of Zero View Post
The Live geass activate with it he can achieve impossible results. It almost activate when he was about to get kill in stage 21 and he didn't eject at that time so there no ejection. But if Zero never save him and the Live activates what do u think will happen? Do u think he will surive? If he can than he can also surive the explosion.
what ?
there was no albion at 21
Old 2008-10-22, 15:36   Link #2258
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
look at the scene when the lancelot frontier explodes
the escape block is still conected when it goes off
Yeah, so? You didn't see it launch off of the Albion, which means that the ejection system was not activated.
Old 2008-10-22, 15:37   Link #2259
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Yeah, so? You didn't see it launch off of the Albion, which means that the ejection system was not activated.
the cockpit block is partly hidden by the wall
and thats where it would have gone if it had launched
Old 2008-10-22, 15:37   Link #2260
Knight Of Zero
Zero Requiem
*IT Support

Quote:
what ?
there was no albion at 21
ha ha ha ha ha
No I was answering your question earlier about the explosion go back and read your question if u don't understand.