AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2010-01-26, 08:30   Link #22581
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post

You want to give Nanoha a competition quality IPSC race gun?

EDIT: An older STI International model, probably.

I suppose in it's lethal, the compensator helps reduce recoil, the reflex sight gives rapid target acquisition, the frame makes it lightweight, and the overall package is an extremely accurate pistol... but there's just too much for Nanoha to lug around as an active duty weapon. That thing is meant for sporting competitions. Plus, at over $2500 USD (up to $3500) per pistol, it's a bit expensive.

Though if Nanoha really has the money to burn, might I suggest the Springfield Professional? It is the choice pistol for the FBI Hostage Rescue Team, and it is far more appropriate than a race gun.

Red dot reflex sight. No lasers.

EDIT2:

Ruining ideas and bursting bubbles. Ooooh yeah.
Actually, it's an airsoft pistol.

Last edited by Satashi; 2010-01-26 at 09:09.
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 08:30   Link #22582
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merctrin View Post
*twitches* So, ah, instead of homework I ended up with a fic. It has no title as I'm terrible at naming things and something tells me I'll be editing this quite a bit when I wake up properly. Um... right. Yeah, that's about it.

Spoiler for Untitled Product of 4AM:
It was a nice read. It's one of the Canon scenes I want to see animated the most, so It's always welcomed when some one writes a fanfic about it.

I'll be looking forward to the next chapter.
Old 2010-01-26, 08:42   Link #22583
Thunderbird
IS: Liar's Mask
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
There was a body! So anime law confirms that she is dead.

Fate already killed the Project F clone in the first (now second) story

But yes, this won't be the last you'll see of Ghost!Nanoha! The next idea I had is, oddly enough, inspired by Lucky Star!
Just because there was a body doesn't mean its dead! Anime Death Law Section 17, Chapter 2, Line 23 states that: a body found doesn't necessarily have to be dead. It could just be asleep or put into a state of magical coma.

In either case...whoever this "Nanoha" is...you've sure gotten everyone's interest. I'm starting to wonder if shes like Fate from AltS and somehow ended up-*sniped*

Thunderbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 08:50   Link #22584
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
*twitches* So, ah, instead of homework I ended up with a fic. It has no title as I'm terrible at naming things and something tells me I'll be editing this quite a bit when I wake up properly. Um... right. Yeah, that's about it.

Spoiler for Notes of the Author:

Thanks for reading.
You did a great job! Bonus points for having some Fate and Yuuno interaction! I always want to see more of that. I wrote something with a similar premise before, but it was Fate comforting Yuuno, not the other way around. Nothing in your piece glaringly contradicts canon and the characters are themselves. Fate and Yuuno don't use honorifics with each other; they're on first name basis.

Again, great job and I hope you write more like this in the future!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbird View Post
Just because there was a body doesn't mean its dead! Anime Death Law Section 17, Chapter 2, Line 23 states that: a body found doesn't necessarily have to be dead. It could just be asleep or put into a state of magical coma.

In either case...whoever this "Nanoha" is...you've sure gotten everyone's interest. I'm starting to wonder if shes like Fate from AltS and somehow ended up-*sniped*
Unfortunately in this universe Nanoha died on a hospital bed. She's dead, Jim.

Don't think too deeply into it It was just a mysterious spiritual encounter.

Last edited by 00-Raiser; 2010-01-26 at 09:07.
00-Raiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 09:58   Link #22585
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Don't think too deeply into it It was just a mysterious spiritual encounter.
I say those are the best kind of encounters.

Though honestly, for some reason when I read it I thought Precia was going to be the ghost Fate's kid encountered.... would have been interesting to see how that would have ended.
Old 2010-01-26, 10:03   Link #22586
Thunderbird
IS: Liar's Mask
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post

Though honestly, for some reason when I read it I thought Precia was going to be the ghost Fate's kid encountered.... would have been interesting to see how that would have ended.
You just want Fate to have a heart attack dont you? Well what if it was Alicia then?! *dun dun duuuuun* Would nanoha have been all

"Fate-mama"

"I'm sorry but I dont know you..."

*stunned* "But...but...I-i'm your daughter..."

Ok I better shut up now >.> XD

Thunderbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 10:06   Link #22587
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:

Not well, I imagine I know death cures stupidity, but I don't think it works on insanity too

Though Precia would have appeared to Alicia, if anyone. But if I were to do that I'd use original!Alicia instead.
Old 2010-01-26, 10:08   Link #22588
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

I now have an image of lil' Alicia being haunted by the insane ghost of Precia Testarossa. Damn my imagination.
Old 2010-01-26, 10:12   Link #22589
isagrimorie
Zombie Slayer in Training

Quote:
And now, ladies and gentlemen, the continuation to "It Only Hurts"! From Vivio's POV, perhaps a little more light-hearted and not as mind-screwy as Lutecia's section, but my brain is fried from three days of trying to finish pre-cal homework, so forgive me.

Corona and Lio, because the majority vote was in their favor.

Spoiler for Curiosity Killed:
The thing I liked about this is because it is light hearted. I liked that you didn't go for the obvious angst. I like angst but too much teh drama gets sometimes gets too much and I liked that Vivio's elusive about this, her elusiveness is different from Lutecia's and both times it felt real to me because real people don't always pour their heart out to people, even if they are close friends.

Also, I love Corona and Lio, particularly their interaction with each other

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
From RB and myself....back into the month of January we go!

A few notes on this Log: It's a little bit shorter than usual, and the reason for the time skip is because we had an idea for a particular milestone in Nanoha and Fate's lives that we couldn't resist writing .

Warning: This chapter is lime-y. Please read at your own risk. The authors are not responsible for any nosebleeds that may result from reading. You have been warned .

Daily Activity Log of Officers F. Testarossa and N. Takamachi

Spoiler for Log #8: Jan-22:

By the way, I've re-numbered the Logs so that they're in the order of writing .
Spoiler for Logs Archive:
I... wow... *clears throat* wow. I love the emotion in this and well, really, hits one of my favorite scenarios for any pairing I ship.

But my gosh, it really is a roller coaster ride being with Nanoha. Either she has a death wish or an overdeveloped sense of heroism that would end up killing her or another person.

I don't blame Fate for feeling angry with Nanoha, I would be too in her place. I have a sense that this Fate is dangerous, a different kind of dangerous from Nanoha. We all know this Nanoha is already dangerous but we haven't seen Fate truly angry.

The final scene was perfect. I loved it just the way it was. It was understated but had so much more heart to it. The silence was better than any words spoken.

In the future events are Nanoha and Fate's superiors turning a blind eye about their relationship or did they become more lenient?

But last and not least: Signum! Signum! Signum's there! And bribing both Nanoha and Fate with apple pie! Does this universe's Fate and Signum have the same Worthy Opponent relationship canon Fate and Signum have?

If you can't already tell, I'm really quite taken with this series!
isagrimorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 10:18   Link #22590
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:

I now have an image of lil' Alicia being haunted by the insane ghost of Precia Testarossa. Damn my imagination.
Oh dear I bet Precia would think this Alicia is her Alicia and try to bring her over to the afterlife or something.

... Damn, when did this turn into a horror fic?
Old 2010-01-26, 10:44   Link #22591
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nita View Post
*Tries to move her body* Ow..

I think I barely managed to move my finger while reading this. Not to mention the laughs and nose- *shot* Your kept my still in my seat until I finished the last Log! I'll blame you guys if I can't move anymore!

Now, I'm really looking forward to this. Such a good way to end the day Oh, and thanks for posting the Logs Archive, I would have died trying to find them ^^
Glad you enjoyed them! ^^ Haha, good thing adding the links was suggested to me earlier then! Er...health problems are not covered by our warranty!

Quote:

Thanks for reading.
I love this scene, and your take on it is great and you have some amazing lines in there....the comment about Nanoha's eyes, and "Loss of flight was Nanoha’s breaking point, but losing Nanoha was unquestionably Fate’s." A great, heart-rending one-liner .

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
They'll show, I promise. They're even in the next chapter... but as they don't need nearly so much introduction as the crew of the Blur, I felt I'd give 'em two chapters to get settled first.
Ah, I see! ^^ I'll wait to see what happens next .

Quote:
LOL, so did I, at first! Wouldn't that mess with Fate's mind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by isagrimorie View Post
I... wow... *clears throat* wow. I love the emotion in this and well, really, hits one of my favorite scenarios for any pairing I ship.

But my gosh, it really is a roller coaster ride being with Nanoha. Either she has a death wish or an overdeveloped sense of heroism that would end up killing her or another person.

I don't blame Fate for feeling angry with Nanoha, I would be too in her place. I have a sense that this Fate is dangerous, a different kind of dangerous from Nanoha. We all know this Nanoha is already dangerous but we haven't seen Fate truly angry.

The final scene was perfect. I loved it just the way it was. It was understated but had so much more heart to it. The silence was better than any words spoken.

In the future events are Nanoha and Fate's superiors turning a blind eye about their relationship or did they become more lenient?

But last and not least: Signum! Signum! Signum's there! And bribing both Nanoha and Fate with apple pie! Does this universe's Fate and Signum have the same Worthy Opponent relationship canon Fate and Signum have?

If you can't already tell, I'm really quite taken with this series!
Ooooh, RB, we need to write a piece where Fate gets dangerous!

Well, if you re-read the February Logs, you'll get hints as to the nature of Fate and Nanoha's relationship....the Epilogue will deal with the issue more openly, and our next Case File plans.....

I don't know about the Worthy Opponent relationship, haven't thought about it yet ! You pose really interesting questions!
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 10:52   Link #22592
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:

Ooooh, RB, we need to write a piece where Fate gets dangerous!
Nanoha: ... Fate... What are you wearing?

Fate: What? I thought we could wear different uniforms for once.

Nanoha: A purple outfit? A giant floppy hat? A Cape?!?!

Fate: The vigilante look is all the rage these days.

Nanoha: But it's dangerous to go out in that mask.

Fate: *smirk* Then let's get dangerous.
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 11:07   Link #22593
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post

That's exactly what I was thinking! Darkwing Duck was win
Old 2010-01-26, 11:17   Link #22594
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
AlternativeS 1 AlternativeS 2 AlternativeS 3a AlternativeS 3b AlternativeS 4 AlternativeS 5 AlternativeS 6 AlternativeS 7

Spoiler for AlternativeS 8-1:
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 11:30   Link #22595
isagrimorie
Zombie Slayer in Training

Quote:

Thanks for reading.

This was lovely! And tackling the things I wish the show hadn't skipped over. I like Striker S but really I wish they'd given us more of what happened in between As to Striker S, it seemed from that time it had all the main characters resolving some issues and gaining new ones.

Quote:
It was a focus that Fate recognized from looking in the mirror when she was helping her mother gather the Lost Logias: the unshakable belief that no matter what happened, it would all be okay if this one thing could be accomplished.

If she could just find them, her mother would love her again.

If she just worked hard enough, she’d be able to fly again.

--snip--

It made Fate feel very alone, because all she could think while she watched Nanoha work with her doctors was, “What if this doesn’t work?” She realized she should probably thinking more about Nanoha’s feelings on the subject, since she was the one suffering the most, but she honestly didn’t know what she’d do if she had to accept that Nanoha was permanently grounded. Loss of flight was Nanoha’s breaking point, but losing Nanoha was unquestionably Fate’s.
I could hug this whole section here. This feels so true to Fate's character and because of her history it was logical that she would have that mindset. She's been there before, albeit in different circumstances and I'm glad you tackled that here and of course, its balanced by Yuuno's assurance. There aren't nearly enough stories with Yuuno and Fate interacting, especially this way. I always thought she and Yuuno were good friends and respected each other, to have Yuuno assuring Fate and Fate finding comfort in Yuuno's words and realizing it was fantastic.

As for the honorifics I'm not too sure, Fate could have adopted Nanoha's way of addressing Yuuno, on the other hand, for me I think because they are both children of other worlds (despite living on Earth for a few years) they don't resort to using honorifics with each other. That's my two cents!

Quote:
Well, if you re-read the February Logs, you'll get hints as to the nature of Fate and Nanoha's relationship....the Epilogue will deal with the issue more openly, and our next Case File plans.....

I don't know about the Worthy Opponent relationship, haven't thought about it yet ! You pose really interesting questions!
Ooh. MOAR Case Files! And I'll certainly re-read the February logs! Um, I only aim to provide both you and RB the very best plotbunny?

Quote:

*snerks*
isagrimorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 12:30   Link #22596
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
AlternativeS 8-1
Oh. My. God. Cute.
Old 2010-01-26, 13:52   Link #22597
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Oh dear I bet Precia would think this Alicia is her Alicia and try to bring her over to the afterlife or something.

... Damn, when did this turn into a horror fic?

Is it wrong of me that I actually want to see that become a full fledged fic?
Old 2010-01-26, 13:57   Link #22598
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:

Is it wrong of me that I actually want to see that become a full fledged fic?
I could give it a try, I guess. I'm not too confident is being able to create a tense/scary atmosphere, though, but who knows?
Old 2010-01-26, 15:35   Link #22599
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...

Quote:
Well, it's been awhile since I wrote something for Life Goes On, much to Alavon's chagrin. The chapter I had started got derailed when Lutecia's new personality was releaved in Vivid, forcing me to wait until we get to see how much she's changed. I'm still waiting, which is why I haven't worked on it.

However, in light of a comment I made to her that I still feel guilty about and more recent events, I feel I owe it to Alavon to write something. Luckily some ideas had come to me, and here's one of them:

Spoiler for Lost and Found:
OMG!!!! XD I LOVE YOU!!!!!! *glomp*
Alavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 15:42   Link #22600
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:

LOL! XD You're awesome, Shiny! :3
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha