AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-01, 10:43   Link #22721
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroko View Post
Do you think it's possible for Keroko's personal stigma to be less?
In my view, not likely. That would require her to be exposed to an environment where guns are acceptable and liking it, she's never been there before. Consider, since childhood, she's been living in a society that tells their kids to stay away from the big bad guns, if they even bother telling them what guns are. After learning of magic, she's been working for and eventually living in another civilization that groups guns with WMDs and banned the whole lot. If anything, she would be even more weary of guns than the average Mid-childan.
Old 2008-04-01, 11:09   Link #22722
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
I'm sorry I can't really participate now. I have Finals coming.

But anyway, here's a special service pic from Nighty and Lowe... Which killed me twice in IRC.@_@

Spoiler for Aaron BUREKAAAHHH!!!!:

*RUNS LIKE HEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLL!!!!!!*
:3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
Watch this clip for what I'm trying to get at:

Spoiler:
Could you spoiler them next time? Youtubes make my tabed browsing slow.

Quote:
In that case, his spelling is atrocious...and so's yours.
That was uncalled for, Reiji.

Quote:
That doesn't mean he's a prophet - just a very good psychologist and judge of people.

Would you call Light a prophet? No.
He predicted the arival of an alien crystal and the arival of the race that planted said crystal on earth years before it happened. Hell, even the alien race in question seems to have interest in him!

Quote:
And how could I NOT use Janeway? She's all kinds of awesome!
True, true. I rather like Sisko myself, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
In my view, not likely. That would require her to be exposed to an environment where guns are acceptable and liking it, she's never been there before. Consider, since childhood, she's been living in a society that tells their kids to stay away from the big bad guns, if they even bother telling them what guns are. After learning of magic, she's been working for and eventually living in another civilization that groups guns with WMDs and banned the whole lot.
Hmm, that certainly is true. Keroko hasn't really been exposed to such situations in her childhood (violence, yes. Guns, no.) However, there have been missions in Rogue Squadron that forced her to at least carry mass-based weaponry in order to go around unnoticed.

Though...

Quote:
If anything, she would be even more weary of guns than the average Mid-childan.
This I disagree with. She may have been raised in a society that tells kids to stay away from guns, but that's also a society that says that guns are for people like police, and have things like games where you can wield virtual weaponry. To say that Keroko's stigma against guns is worse then the average Mid-Childan (who are taught that guns are evil from birth) is rather stressing.
Old 2008-04-01, 11:45   Link #22723
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroko View Post
To say that Keroko's stigma against guns is worse then the average Mid-Childan (who are taught that guns are evil from birth) is rather stressing.
Perhaps you're right on this part. My way of thinking of it was as follows. Mid's ban on conventional weapons is at least 75 years old. That's over 2 generations ago. There's almost no one left who has direct experience with those things. To the presently living, guns are an abstract danger.
Someone from Earth however, can see guns kill. She can see it in the news, even without firsthand experience. To her, guns are a concrete danger.
Maybe I was thinking about it the wrong way.

On the other hand...

Quote:
However, there have been missions in Rogue Squadron that forced her to at least carry mass-based weaponry in order to go around unnoticed.
Firsthand experience with those things might change her opinion of them. But if it had, she should have responded differently in Kagerou's scene.
Old 2008-04-01, 11:58   Link #22724
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Perhaps you're right on this part. My way of thinking of it was as follows. Mid's ban on conventional weapons is at least 75 years old. That's over 2 generations ago. There's almost no one left who has direct experience with those things. To the presently living, guns are an abstract danger.
Someone from Earth however, can see guns kill. She can see it in the news, even without firsthand experience. To her, guns are a concrete danger.
Maybe I was thinking about it the wrong way.

On the other hand...
Well, the thinking isn't wrong. I am sure that there are people who think like that, the main problem is that it -in my opinion- depends on the person in question. Keroko in this case has seen guns in the news, she knows they exists, she knows the basics of how they work (as far as 'pull the triger' counts as knowing) and has gotten used to the existence of guns, so she doesn't have the level of fear Yuuno had.

Quote:
Firsthand experience with those things might change her opinion of them. But if it had, she should have responded differently in Kagerou's scene.
Something along the lines of "I've carried a gun before on missions, though I've never actually used them." then?
Old 2008-04-01, 11:59   Link #22725
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
Spoiler for MSLN Alpha Episode 3 Scene III:

:3
Yuunko :3. I take it we'll be seeing more, right? So the spawn are heading for Terra, huh? This should be interesting...

Quote:

But anyway, here's a special service pic from Nighty and Lowe... Which killed me twice in IRC.@_@

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
He predicted the arival of an alien crystal and the arival of the race that planted said crystal on earth years before it happened. Hell, even the alien race in question seems to have interest in him!
The Scrin did have him already in their data-base so there's definitely more to Kane than we know now...a lot more...
Old 2008-04-01, 12:00   Link #22726
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

Quote:

And I thought you was against to be posted in the thread.... :3
Old 2008-04-01, 12:24   Link #22727
Wibbles
Better than you.

A scene with Hikaru and Doppelganger- you guys remember them, right?

Spoiler for Size:
Old 2008-04-01, 12:48   Link #22728
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Keroko is WIN.
Keroko is always win .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Funny how nowadays I'm doing fanfiction of fanfiction...
It's okay. That's how Goose became so prolific. He started writing fanfiction of my fanficion.

Quote:
Granted that. The OFM and the RAF are two sides of the same coin: TSAB's answer to dealing with matters important to them that involve other cultures. The RAF is the public face, though, while the OFM is much less so...

I could easily argue the opposite: Arcas, the 82nd, and the RAF have seen and fought against things the OFM wouldn't dream of either.
lol talking in circles.

Quote:
Quick Question: The Spawn are vulnerable to fire, yes? 'Cause otherwise, the 82nd wouldn't have any really effective weapons to use against them - and I know that you've mentioned that they're fighting the Spawn.
Spawn are vulnerable to fire, yes. Makes fire magic very useful.

Quote:
Something along the lines of "I've carried a gun before on missions, though I've never actually used them." then?
Funny things happen from when you look at things from a decidedly American perspective . It's not my fault public schools don't teach anything about other cultures (I mean, seriously, we should at least learn how the Brits lived; hell, I had to take a dedicated Latin class just to learn how Romans lived! Romans!).

Anyway, will change the scene slightly as Keroko-kun noted above :3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
Yuunko :3. I take it we'll be seeing more, right? So the spawn are heading for Terra, huh? This should be interesting...
It'll be fun. Kiss New York goodbye :3 (not really).
Old 2008-04-01, 13:07   Link #22729
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
It's okay. That's how Goose became so prolific. He started writing fanfiction of my fanficion.
To each their own :3

Quote:
[Firebat]Wanna turn up the heat?[/Firebat]

Quote:
It'll be fun. Kiss New York goodbye :3 (not really).
Just leave Hawaii alone otherwise Shamsel might have to pwn some Spawn
Old 2008-04-01, 13:15   Link #22730
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:

Signum will have a field day.
Old 2008-04-01, 14:26   Link #22731
Reiji Tabibito
The OTHER Time Lord

Quote:

SAVE!

SAVE!!

SAVE!!!

FOR GREAT JUSTICE!!!

...BTW, don't let any of the 82nd hear that...

Mel: Congratulations, hakase, it's a girl!

...and since does Aurion wear PINK?!

Quote:
Could you spoiler them next time? Youtubes make my tabed browsing slow.
Sorry, didn't know that.

Quote:
That was uncalled for, Reiji.
About his spelling, okay. About Kane's...<laughs>

Quote:
That crystal (I assume you're referring to the Tacitus) had a warning uploaded into it about the Scrin.

And anyone with half a brain could've figured out that the Scrin would come looking for it:

"Oh yes, we've got an alien crystal with a shitload of useful information here, ABSOLUTELY NO WAY they're looking for it and want it back."

Quote:
True, true. I rather like Sisko myself, though.
Ehh...Sisko's only a so-so captain for me. He's better than some, but he's not in my top three list.

Quote:
lol talking in circles.
In a word, YAH!

Quote:
Okay, good. So they do have some offensive potential...
Old 2008-04-01, 14:38   Link #22732
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
...BTW, don't let any of the 82nd hear that...

Mel: Congratulations, hakase, it's a girl!

...and since does Aurion wear PINK?!
It's Aurion he does things out of the norm.

Quote:
That crystal (I assume you're referring to the Tacitus) had a warning uploaded into it about the Scrin.

And anyone with half a brain could've figured out that the Scrin would come looking for it:

"Oh yes, we've got an alien crystal with a shitload of useful information here, ABSOLUTELY NO WAY they're looking for it and want it back."
I meant Tiberium (if it was the Tacitus I would've said 'alien database'). Kane predicted the arival of Tiberium and the arival of the Scrin years before Tiberium even landed on earth. Heck, he was the one who named the damn stuff Tiberium, naming it after Tiberius Ceasar.
Old 2008-04-01, 14:50   Link #22733
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Quote:
True...

Quote:
I meant Tiberium (if it was the Tacitus I would've said 'alien database'). Kane predicted the arival of Tiberium and the arival of the Scrin years before Tiberium even landed on earth. Heck, he was the one who named the damn stuff Tiberium, naming it after Tiberius Ceasar.
As shown at the end of the Soviet campaign of Red Alert . Plus he knew how to trigger the pre-mature arrival of the Scrin.

--------------

And SC will be getting more COW BELL
Old 2008-04-01, 14:55   Link #22734
SpaceBrotha
Wild card

Quote:
And only real men wear pink.
Sayings and quotes hold wisdom in them. Either the wisdom is found in the correctness of the quote, or in the lesson learned from the error.
Hard part is figuring out who's making the errors...
Old 2008-04-01, 14:59   Link #22735
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBrotha View Post
And only real men wear pink.
Donut: Look at it, it's not pink. It's like, uhhh, a lightish-red.
Old 2008-04-01, 15:03   Link #22736
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
Donut: Look at it, it's not pink. It's like, uhhh, a lightish-red.
Men In Pink
Old 2008-04-01, 15:07   Link #22737
Reiji Tabibito
The OTHER Time Lord

Quote:
Still, PINK?!

Why not BURNT UMBER, or some other intermediate color first?

Quote:
About the arrival of Tiberium and the Scrin, show me where.

About him naming Tiberium, the only source of that is straight from Kane's own mouth, and he could very damn well be lying about it.

As a rule, I don't believe anything that comes out of anyone's mouth unless there's proof (or damn good hypothesis, founded on current evidence) of it.

Do we have either in this case? No. All we have is Kane's word, and I'm not about to take the word of a hairless sociopath who not only REFERS TO HIMSELF as a messiah, but actively encourages it.

Would YOU take the word of Charles Manson?
Old 2008-04-01, 15:14   Link #22738
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Quote:

About him naming Tiberium, the only source of that is straight from Kane's own mouth, and he could very damn well be lying about it.

As a rule, I don't believe anything that comes out of anyone's mouth unless there's proof (or damn good hypothesis, founded on current evidence) of it.

Do we have either in this case? No. All we have is Kane's word, and I'm not about to take the word of a hairless sociopath who not only REFERS TO HIMSELF as a messiah, but actively encourages it.

Would YOU take the word of Charles Manson?
Note this ending, from 4:40 on
Old 2008-04-01, 15:30   Link #22739
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Don's card:

Off to work with me.

EDIT: And before anyone asks. Yes, I know I have a Don Martin, and a Martin.
Old 2008-04-01, 15:32   Link #22740
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Still, PINK?!

Why not BURNT UMBER, or some other intermediate color first?
Cause its pink. :3

Quote:
Played Tiberium Wars recently?

Quote:
It is supported by the fact that NOD were the first to be able to harvest and utilize Tiberium, showing that they had a far greather knowldege over the green crystal then their, and this is important, technologically more advanced GDI counterpart, which also fielded their 'expert' that failed to produce results.

Quote:

Kane is far more then a normal sociopath. He has lived longer then normal humans do, has not aged, survived a direct hit of an Ion Cannon, assasinaions, and even the Scrin have data on him. Concidering they were in hibernation untill Kane (surprise, surprise) sent out a signal flare for them, they couldn't have gathered that information during any of the three Tiberium Wars. Hence, they knew of him before, now I don't know about you, but that starts to set of alarm bells in my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
Don's card:

Off to work with me.

EDIT: And before anyone asks. Yes, I know I have a Don Martin, and a Martin.
"I solve problems."

Engineer, wonderfull class. A shame they never finished the rest of the CG's for the other classes.
Closed Thread