Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-09-09, 17:28   Link #2261
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Yes, the Slim Leak is on August. And?
Like I said, I am not interested in Pro, so that is out of consideration from the very beginning. Which I am very that glad I did, as the FF15 pre-order war was already messy from the beginning. (BTW, I lost the said pre-order war).
So only the Slim concerns me. But please recall how early did the P5 pre-order started? So it is my fault now that I didn't anticipate on a Slim leak all those months ago?
And I actually paid attention to P5's perordering until the end of August, where no changes occurred. While FF15 had another delayed (and the rumor on additional changes to be done to match the new model), which made me believe all the PS4 new model release will be all be matching with FF15 instead.

You tell me this is not out of Left Field?

Not to mention I also need the console to started on Tokyo Xanadu too, which is arriving tomorrow.
Sony did the same with the Ps3 Slim.

Bunch of rumors months before release. Announced in August 2009. Released in September 2009.

This should be a lesson to not buy any consoles until the holiday season if they really cared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Technically the PS4phat is slightly better then slim in some regards.
  • PS4phat has better design, PS4slim is just very slightly smaller but almost everyone I heard says it's cheaper looking with it's rounded edges and such. In all the presentations to me it looks worse.
  • The wifi networking is slightly better on the slim but not by much.
    phat: 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi (2.4GHz only), Bluetooth 2.1
    slim: 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0

I guess this affects wireless controllers the most.
  • Only the PS4phat (and pro) has optical audio output.
  • Slim takes slightly less power.
  • Slim has easy access for hdd replacement but pretty sure it's just that.. "easier"
The new Ps4 and the Ps4 Pro having bluetooth 4.0 and 802.11ac is great. Lack of optical output and design aside, the slim is objectively better.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-09, 19:38   Link #2262
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

WHAT THE HELL SONY!?

NOT ALLOWING MODS ON SKYRIM or FALLOUT4!?
Old 2016-09-09, 21:30   Link #2263
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
WHAT THE HELL SONY!?

NOT ALLOWING MODS ON SKYRIM or FALLOUT4!?
More like: "What the hell Bethesda, you promised mods and now don't want to deliver on top of being the only developer that barely knows how to code for the Playstation... somehow" (it's made worse knowing that GTA 5 exists and is bigger and does a lot more while running great). Also, we still have yet to hear Sony’s side, stuff like this doesn't happen just because and if you read their statement properly it sounds more like Bethesda is throwing a hissy fit and acting childish while pointing fingers, statement like these have to be done in conjunction with whoever your partner is so that the full story could be known. I'm not defending Sony just saying wait until we know both sides of the story before jumping to conclusions.

For example, we just had this happen:

Quote:
Sony is planning to patch in 4K HDR support for some PS4 games to coincide with the PS4 Pro launch in November. An interview suggested that some graphical upgrade patches might require payment, but Sony has confirmed to multiple sources that is not the case.

The rolling out of new info about a new piece of technology can be complicated, as there are a lot of moving parts that any given spokesperson needs to communicate. That led to some misinformation earlier this morning, when the Japanese website Game Watch Impress asked Sony Interactive’s Masayasu Ito about whether third-party publishers might charge to patch the 4K HDR feature into existing PS4 titles. The answer indicated that it would be “different for each title.” Sony has since confirmed that is not the case; all patches that add 4K HDR support will be free.
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...lier-info.aspx

So again, just wait until we have more information.

Last edited by Chosen_Hero; 2016-09-09 at 22:26.
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-09, 22:59   Link #2264
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Hm. Developer that's known to be incompetent when it comes to putting up a not-broken product vs console company who both didn't even have it's say in the matter and also has an interest in keeping your console in the desirable by some "not-bricked" state (not to mention it would be more then happy to get a new sales pitch). Don't know if I'm necessarily on Sony's side on this, but I sure as hell couldn't give a shit about bethesda's gun-ho philosophy.
Old 2016-09-11, 02:39   Link #2265
Chosen_Hero

---------
Spoiler for Basic Questions:

Spoiler for Technical Specifications:

Spoiler for Other Questions:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/...-ultimate-faq/

Last edited by Chosen_Hero; 2016-09-14 at 23:16.
Old 2016-09-21, 20:02   Link #2266
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

A little technical help for PS4...

So I want to take a HDD from one PS4 and put it into another PS4. Data is backed up. Do I reformat the hard drive? Is that what initializing is? What should I do, initialize the hard drive on the PS4 it is in now, and then put it in the other PS4 and it should be good to go?
Old 2016-09-21, 21:55   Link #2267
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

After you put the drive in the new PS4, the system will automatically initialize the drive as part of the system restore.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-22, 23:13   Link #2268
Chosen_Hero

--------
Quote:
Elsewhere in the Digital Spy interview, House mentioned that the lack of a 4K Blu-ray player in the PS4 Pro doesn’t necessarily mean the start of a digital-only future, they just noticed that streaming is beating physical media 5:1 on PS4:

No, I don’t think one should read into it that way. If you look at our current business, we see very stable sales of packaged media when it comes to games.
On the other hand, when I look at other ways people are using their PS4 – video content is absolutely the number two use of people’s time on the console. But it is 5:1 in favor of streaming video versus packaged media. We looked at that and said that’s probably where we should place our emphasis.
But I don’t think you should extrapolate out from that to say that’s now going to change our philosophy around other areas of the business.

As for the 4K gaming PS4 Pro will provide, and whether it’s native or upscaled, House said, “I would say the majority will be upscaled – at least based on the game portfolio I have seen to date.” Asked if he feels like ‘4K gaming’ is a misleading term, House replied:

No, I don’t think so. I think that whatever the term is, it’s a question of whether people see a demonstrable difference in the game experience or not, rather than the term we use to apply to it.
I think that’s what people are looking for and they’ll make their judgement as to whether that’s working for them or not.
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/...te-intriguing/

Last edited by Chosen_Hero; 2016-09-23 at 19:23.
Old 2016-10-02, 13:52   Link #2269
Dextro
He Without a Title

Here's an unboxing of the PSVR kit:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2016-11-09, 19:22   Link #2270
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Hopefully get my PS4 tomorrow!

Just need to get me a copy of Uncharted and I'm sorted till FFXV is out!
Old 2016-11-15, 17:02   Link #2271
Chosen_Hero

Old 2016-11-20, 19:40   Link #2272
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quick FYI,

As everyone probably heard already World of Final Fantasy looks like shit after patch 1.01 on the PS4 pro (even though it was very pretteh before). Total downgrade!

This isn't a perfect fix, but it does make it bearable. From what I can tell what they did was grace us with some shitty depth of field effect we can't turn off. And, said depth of field effect only looks half decent if you're running the game at 4k resolution. If you're seeing it super pixely then it's likely because the game is actually running at 1080p resolution. 4k TVs generally have only certain ports support full 4k (hdcp 2.2) with all other ports showing 1080p (hdcp 1.4). Note that you may need to restart the console for the thing to understand you plugged it in to the right port (maybe). For me when I installed the thing I forgot to plug it in to the 4k hdmi port, so it was running 1080p. (Hey it ran good and I'm not one to go and count the damn pixels so what do I care...) Anyway if you plug it into the right port, the effect in question should at least be good enough to play though, though personally I would have appreciated at this point if Sony MANDATED that all "improvements" brought to the PS4 version have a damn OFF switch, since I would rather not have it to begin with. (Didn't play much before the patch but dont think the antialiasing issue was there either, sigh)

With regard to the settings. Since those are confusing as all hell too. If you have an "old" 4k Tv then you want 2160p - YUV420 and if you have modern one you want 2160 - RGB. It's essentially a larger color space. You may also need to tweak the color to Limited from Full. If you get it WRONG then you'll notice very slight annoying stutter as the PS4 is outputting more then your device can handle (so don't be greedy!).

Also, I should probably mention this, different HDMI ports will (depending on tv) also have different latency associated with them. If latency matters to you (fighting games, shooters, rythem games, etc) make sure you get it right! even if your tv doesn't have any 4k support.

If you have the disk version, disconnect internet and play the superior version 1.0.0 (nothing like doom patches to spoil the fun)

[edit]

Quick update on antialiasing; I believe that's heavily tied to the crappy depth of field effect. Probably engine can't handle the crapiness. The antialiasing is perfectly fine when the depth of field effect isn't going bonkers (ie. not zoomed in and low camera angle). Incidentally, since we're on the topic of how depth of field (or based on how it's implemented, more like "shitty-eyesight simulation") is the worst thing ever in video games: What would one expect to happen when the characters are in a conversation? if you're guess was to have the characters talking be blurred out and the characters not talking be in focus, then swap between focus and blur when they change dialog (with out even changing the camera), then you too can be a World of Blurry Fantasy Developer today!

Last edited by felix; 2016-11-20 at 22:12.
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-24, 17:21   Link #2273
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Anyone see anything they like from PSN Black Friday sales?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-24, 18:03   Link #2274
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Tales of the bordelands and the Batman tell tales game seem very tempting at those prices tbh
Old 2016-11-24, 19:33   Link #2275
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Anyone see anything they like from PSN Black Friday sales?
Uncharted 4 looks nice, pretty good cut. But Final Fantasy 15 looks nicer—sadly not on sale.

Question: Is Tearaway the Vita version different from Tearaway Unfolded, the PS4 game? It's also on sale. I mean I know it's a remake, but the Vita has dual front and back side touch, with one of them being a screen. While the DS4 has a touch pad on the front... so a bit uncertain of the transition there. And if I understand correctly this is one of those few games that really makes use of the Vita's touch doo-thingies.
Old 2016-11-24, 19:41   Link #2276
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Yes, Tearaway PS4 have a few changes from the Vita version to compensate for the no touch screen issue. They did a segment on one of their conferences some time ago. I don't remember the details though.
Old 2016-11-25, 13:55   Link #2277
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Yes, Tearaway PS4 have a few changes from the Vita version to compensate for the no touch screen issue. They did a segment on one of their conferences some time ago. I don't remember the details though.
So should I get the Vita version or PS4 version? I don't care too much for graphics.

Or are they different stories?
Old 2016-11-25, 20:58   Link #2278
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
So should I get the Vita version or PS4 version? I don't care too much for graphics.

Or are they different stories?
This is not my opinion because I didn't play the game, but it seems people who did play the game swear up and down about how good the Vita version is, a good part due to the touch screen mechanics.
Old 2016-11-25, 23:25   Link #2279
ghost013

Is there any Black Friday deals for the vita?
Old 2016-11-26, 04:30   Link #2280
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
This is not my opinion because I didn't play the game, but it seems people who did play the game swear up and down about how good the Vita version is, a good part due to the touch screen mechanics.
That's exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost013 View Post
Is there any Black Friday deals for the vita?
There's game deals; just filter for it in the store (Muramasa, new Odin Sphere, Arland Atelier Trilogy are up there).

Not sure about the system itself. Though the wifi-only Vita is just a AAA game and half in cost these days.
Not sure if the Ps TV thing is cheaper (it's really just a screenless vita), but I'm pretty sure not all games can run on it; and it's also not as portable.