AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-07-02, 12:46   Link #2261
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Well I always thought they do the festival on different occasion. For example

School B holds it in July
School C holds it in november
School A holds it in september

In germany we have our festivals on ifferent days and times as well, but most of the time, between end of summer and winter because our schools want to show of so they would get more students
Old 2009-07-02, 13:13   Link #2262
milkypink
♥~☆~♥

I think it depends on the school, but I was under the impression it was around fall (since sports festivals take place spring/summer, right?).
milkypink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 14:44   Link #2263
Nih

But what if the epitaph is simply a poem, which does not necessarily hold any direct solutions? Of course that would imply Kinzo had a funny taste in poetry, but that's besides the point.
Nih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 17:26   Link #2264
maximilianjenus
[E]

does not seem likely as eva solves it.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 21:28   Link #2265
paula_mink
Gohda Pride +1

My friend (Sasa) and I created it.
If this theory was posted before, sorry.

culprit: Kanon
supporters: Genji, Nanjo and kumasawa.

Spoiler for big?:

PS: Please, dont come with "why would kanon kill everyone? what's the reason?"
In higurashi, the reasons were revealed in the final.
At time, Kanon might be no reason but if ryukishi want he can create it.

Well, that's all
paula_mink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 21:35   Link #2266
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

well that's a possibility at least for the episode1 there's nothing wrong with this theory. You didn't explain the letter in Kinzo's room, but I guess you can say it could have been anyone of the three accomplices. However I wonder why you placed Kumasawa among the suspects, even if everything could be explained with just Kanon, Genji and Nanjo.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 21:48   Link #2267
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

You have to into account that Shannon wasn't originally meant to be in the mansion that night. If we relate this to your theory, we'll be able to see why Kanon was angry at having Shannon killed.

However, I still doubt that Kanon is the main culprit, unless we consider Episode 1 is a bit of a slip up.
Christen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 22:04   Link #2268
Kets

How does Eva solve the Epigraph?
Kets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 22:55   Link #2269
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

we weren't told, we just got some hints about the whole reasonings.

- The key is a word that can be read in a way to form 6 characters
- Ocean is an important hint
- It is probably necessary to check an atlas
- shore, village, river etc are most probably just metaphors
- the riddle is not something sophisticated but trivial like a kid's game
- the "village of gold" as opposed to "golden land" is an important hint

Old 2009-07-02, 23:43   Link #2270
Alaya
Counter Force

Maybe a kid might be able to solve epitaph easily than us, since we would try to think to complex for many times....

I think the manipulation of character is also important too, but it has to be in accordance with what Jan-Poo written and the epitaph. If we can find the six letters then it would be really easy from there.

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Alaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 01:38   Link #2271
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

I wonder if the atlas is a red herring for us just because Rokkenjima is a fictional island?
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 01:55   Link #2272
Alaya
Counter Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
I wonder if the atlas is a red herring for us just because Rokkenjima is a fictional island?
It might relate to other things that really exist in the real world.

Maybe, the "behind the picture" theory might be correct but what lies behind the picture is not actually a hidden place of the gold, rather another hint or writing that tell the actual place of the gold.

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Alaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 02:42   Link #2273
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

There's one big issue regarding Eva solving the epitaph: How reliable is her POV of getting there? If all of it was true, then can we say with certainty that we were shown exactly how the treasure was hidden?

Since Eva did go probably underwater in a long and damp tunnel to reach a large room holding all the gold, then can we say with certainty that the gold really is hidden underground or underwater and you need to go through a tunnerl to reach it? Assuming all that was precise and true then the viewer can use clues from Eva's travels and infer from her situation to be able to narrow down possible answers for the epitaph.

But hey, what if the scenes of Eva finding the gold was all fake? Highly unlikely because it's somewhat indicative that Ange's story was a continuation of Ep3 where Eva survives, but if the scenes of her finding the gold was fake, then anything we could srumise from it would be meaningless.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 05:30   Link #2274
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

BTW guys request, what's the name of the BGM track that plays once the duel begins in the MetaWorld in the final human tea party?
Old 2009-07-03, 05:47   Link #2275
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

dreamenddischarger, the 2nd half is エンドレスナイン (Endless Nine).
Old 2009-07-03, 06:04   Link #2276
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Thanks. If that track doesn't appear in the anime I'm gonna start shooting people with golden laser beams.

Also, Battler's sudden theoretical assertion that the name Kinzo was a title you passed on to successors and therefore does not negate the possibility that his grandfather was already dead despite the siblings recognizing the title of Kinzo was an unbelievable Crowning Moment of Awesome.
Old 2009-07-03, 06:10   Link #2277
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

It's possible that they remix the theme, I just hope it doesn't deviate too much from the original melody.
Old 2009-07-03, 06:50   Link #2278
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
There's one big issue regarding Eva solving the epitaph: How reliable is her POV of getting there? If all of it was true, then can we say with certainty that we were shown exactly how the treasure was hidden?

Since Eva did go probably underwater in a long and damp tunnel to reach a large room holding all the gold, then can we say with certainty that the gold really is hidden underground or underwater and you need to go through a tunnerl to reach it? Assuming all that was precise and true then the viewer can use clues from Eva's travels and infer from her situation to be able to narrow down possible answers for the epitaph.

But hey, what if the scenes of Eva finding the gold was all fake? Highly unlikely because it's somewhat indicative that Ange's story was a continuation of Ep3 where Eva survives, but if the scenes of her finding the gold was fake, then anything we could srumise from it would be meaningless.
Yes there is that possibility, but It would be quite pissing if this was true. Rather than that I thought that maybe there are various solutions to the epitaph and Eva merely found one. What I'm saying is that Eva actually found the ten tons of gold (whether they are really ten tons or just a set up), but maybe there is another way to interpret the riddle and that would bring to a completely different golden land.

Old 2009-07-03, 07:05   Link #2279
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Yes there is that possibility, but It would be quite pissing if this was true. Rather than that I thought that maybe there are various solutions to the epitaph and Eva merely found one. What I'm saying is that Eva actually found the ten tons of gold (whether they are really ten tons or just a set up), but maybe there is another way to interpret the riddle and that would bring to a completely different golden land.
Actually, it might be even possible to surmise that by also solving the epitaph she was also able to discover the location of the Kuwadorian where she would be rescued. When you think about it, it was only when someone solved it was this person saved, and this was because she hid in Kuwadorian.

It might not be a long shot to say that by solving the epitaph you also likewise discover the location of the hidden mansion.

In fact, it might even support the theory that Golden Land = Kuwadorian!
Old 2009-07-03, 07:08   Link #2280
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

That's also something that I theorized a while ago. If we assume that there is a natural event behind the "unfortunate incident" everyone talks about in 1998 then it is possible that the Kuwadorian isn't affected by it. So by finding the kuwadorian everyone can be saved... assuming they don't kill each other first...