AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-12-21, 09:39   Link #2261
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Combine this with how Cain doesn't have a major protagonist kill under his belt yet, and yeah, I'm a bit worried about Akira...
Prince's godmother is Renbokouji so I think the chance is good that Akira survives (of course Renbokouji could be Saotomi's descendant as well but I still put my money on Akira).
Old 2013-12-21, 09:45   Link #2262
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

X-eins could be the one killed by Cain also. Satomi won't want to be a Kamitsuki if Akira is dead.
Old 2013-12-21, 09:54   Link #2263
black_cat1

Quote:
Originally Posted by amethystjewel View Post
^ And Haruto would be like, "Let's make memories again together." And they live happily ever after. I rather doubt that would happen considering how brutal this series is. Killing characters that I like one after another isn't good for my heart at all.

No and Haruto will walk away with Saki, leaving Shouko like this
Old 2013-12-21, 10:08   Link #2264
kivredia

Just can't see Haruto surviving it, one way or another he wants to end the "curse". But since the VVVs are still active after this there has so be some replacement for the VVV engine with Pino in Hito.

Whatever that will be could be anyone's guess. So .... how about he defeats Cain but loses all his memories and "merges" himself(kamitsuki) with Pino(magius) and Shouko(human) to create new entity which results in a self sustaining VVV engine.

No for the twist. Hito is destroyed and the new engine gets placed into the heavily modified and upgraded Camilla. Saki now fights for another 200 years with the new entity(who is in part Haruto without memories and also Shouko) in the new VVV engine until the war ends because of the promise she made.

Don't kill me Devilhigh.
Old 2013-12-21, 10:14   Link #2265
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by kivredia View Post
Just can't see Haruto surviving it, one way or another he wants to end the "curse". But since the VVVs are still active after this there has so be some replacement for the VVV engine with Pino in Hito.

Whatever that will be could be anyone's guess. So .... how about he defeats Cain but loses all his memories and "merges" himself(kamitsuki) with Pino(magius) and Shouko(human) to create new entity which results in a self sustaining VVV engine.

No for the twist. Hito is destroyed and the new engine gets placed into the heavily modified and upgraded Camilla. Saki now fights for another 200 years with the new entity(who is in part Haruto without memories and also Shouko) in the new VVV engine until the war ends because of the promise she made.

Don't kill me Devilhigh.
Haruto won't survived but he will survived the battle with Cain and live another couple of years before died of runes deprivation. The empire hasn't been founded yet so it sometime after the empire is formed he died. I can't see him dying next battle.
Old 2013-12-21, 10:56   Link #2266
stagrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Haruto won't survived but he will survived the battle with Cain and live another couple of years before died of runes deprivation. The empire hasn't been founded yet so it sometime after the empire is formed he died. I can't see him dying next battle.
I don't think he will survive his fight with Cain. From how much he is piloting he seems to be losing runes faster as his limiter is stressed. To fight Cain he will have to push Hito to its limits and expend a lot of runes, possibly all of them. I fully predict him to have a Marie scene with Shouko as Haruto and Harto as Shouko, ending with a Harikiri Blade to finish off the remaining enemies, or barely alive Cain.
Old 2013-12-21, 10:59   Link #2267
Irenesharda

Quote:
X-eins could be the one killed by Cain also. Satomi won't want to be a Kamitsuki if Akira is dead.
I can see Satomi doing it even, or especially, if Akira dies. It's again that case of continuing your dead loved one's dream in their stead. It happens countless times in anime, it happened with L-elf, I can see Satomi deciding to become a kamitsuki in order to take his sister's place and continuing to build the world she wanted. He also has amazing multi-tasking skills, so it's possible that he can handle VVV6's abilities.

Quote:
I don't know about Haruto, him surviving would be a miracle, but since I want something past this and I also highly doubt he can defeat Cain, he may surprise us and survive, just missing a good chunk of his childhood. Or maybe they'll pull some deus ex machina where his memories will get returned to him via the power of runes and the Valvraves will no longer need to take runes from their pilots to function. People have already mentioned Saki's long memory despite the fact that she's been a pilot for centuries, so I'm guessing something changes.

Also though, technically the Empire has been founded. The idea was started and that first plans for it have begun, that can be considered enough for a foundation and for Haruto to be considered a "founder".

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-12-21, 11:03   Link #2268
stagrider

I don't think they need Cain, Haruto, and Danisrave to continue. The story that would continue from here would be about coming to coexistence and setting up the empire's new system and policies.
Old 2013-12-21, 11:15   Link #2269
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by stagrider View Post
I don't think they need Cain, Haruto, and Danisrave to continue. The story that would continue from here would be about coming to coexistence and setting up the empire's new system and policies.
That's true if it was just to end in epilogue, but if you were to continue the series in any form, you would either have to have Haruto as the MC survive his last battle, or make a sequel series with new characters and new MC.

Cain is also a wild card in this. He is the main antagonist, but he's also proven to be smarter and stronger than any other character in the series. Also, he's pretty much impossible to kill. You can't blow him up in his mech unless you want to kill Prue at the same time, which is something that not only Pino will not allow, but the plot will not allow either considering his part in it.
If you try to kill Cain some other way, it won't work because of both his regenerative abilities and the ability to jack other bodies if he needs to. So, the only way to kill Cain would be to completely drain his runes which is something you can't do without him knowing and consenting to it.

So, in all actuality, there's actually a great probability that Cain will survive this. He probably won't have his position anymore, but he'll live an go one to do other things. Also, the Magius will survive this too, they will just have to rethink their entire strategy and start over. L-elf and Haruto's purpose was to reveal the truth of the secrets of the world to everyone. However, this will end up bringing more chaos with it, before some kind of order can be achieved.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-12-21, 11:33   Link #2270
stagrider

Prue could also be absorbed into Hito. What Cain opened up between Tekka and Hito looked like a two way street. So its possible that if Haruto manages to beat Danisrave but Cain tries to snatch Pino again however Pino grabs Prue and drags him into Hito.
Old 2013-12-21, 11:33   Link #2271
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

There no mention of forming a empire, all L-elf and Haruto want to do is to created a place where coexistence is possible. But Saki mention that Haruto is one of the founder, therefore Haruto has to be alive when the idea of a coexistencing nation turn into a galactic empire for whatever reason. Saki in the future also mention that the promise is made during the 14th year of the 3rd Galactic Empire and that mean the Haruto will have at least 14 years to live. So for me, Haruto will survived the battle but died after sometime in the later history. I'm not saying that he will survived but just saying that he will at least lived another couple of years before he died.
Old 2013-12-21, 11:47   Link #2272
Irenesharda

Quote:
Prue could also be absorbed into Hito. What Cain opened up between Tekka and Hito looked like a two way street. So its possible that if Haruto manages to beat Danisrave but Cain tries to snatch Pino again however Pino grabs Prue and drags him into Hito.
Well, that's true except, Pino wouldn't want her brother in a prison like she is. Pino has expressly stated that she's imprisoned inside that engine and unlike her brother, cannot leave when she pleases. Also Prue knows all about Hito and the Valvrave project as he was the one who informed the rest of his people about it. So, we can guess that he may have been part of the program at one time before being rescued by Cain. His whole goal is to rescue his sister who is still stuck in there. He hates JIOR and the humans for what they did to him and his sister, for him to be stuck in another engine prison, even with his sister, would be the worst kind of torture. He would never trust Haruto and may even blame him for using his sister all this time.

If anything, Prue, the elder sibling, will break his younger sister out and have her join her people. Pino likes the humans, but she's not really loyal to them or anything, and she'll definitely side with her brother rather than stay imprisoned. Also, there's the question of if they'll reveal the importance of the two siblings to the Magius and why Cain believes that Pino at least can save their people. There's still a lot of exposition needed here.

Quote:
There no mention of forming a empire, all L-elf and Haruto want to do is to created a place where coexistence is possible. But Saki mention that Haruto is one of the founder, therefore Haruto has to be alive when the idea of a coexistencing nation turn into a galactic empire for whatever reason. Saki in the future also mention that the promise is made during the 14th year of the 3rd Galactic Empire and that mean the Haruto will have at least 14 years to live. So for me, Haruto will survived the battle but died after sometime in later history.
Well, the "empire" part doesn't need to be expressly mentioned for it to be the foundation. The foundation for something can be pretty broad such as "just forming a country of our own where we can belong" and then laying the groundwork for it. After that, if that person with the idea dies but the idea he started does end up taking shape and forms into a country that ends up being an empire, it doesn't make him any less the founder of that country. He planted the idea and got it started, whether it was discussed as being an empire or not yet.
Also, as this is the Empire's first year it, the foundation has already be placed and it will begin on that same year.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-12-21, 11:54   Link #2273
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

The foundation is coexistence with human and a place where Kamitsuki is welcomed, nowhere does that spell a empire for me that goes around conquering the universe. So something must happened for L-elf to take this route, remember he not doing this just for the Kamitsuki but mainly for Lise who wish for coexistence.

@Alex that the spin-off, it has nothing to do with the main series.
Old 2013-12-21, 11:58   Link #2274
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleX_MytH View Post
Found this in the internet. Anybody knows what does the number 3 mean? Possibly 3rd season? Fake? Something else?
Spoiler for Hi-res picture:
No, it's not fake, but that's for Valvrave Undertaker, the show's less popular and pretty superfluous spin-off manga. It's about some other kids from Sakimori that basically were put in place by L-elf to defend Module 77 when the Valvrave's were busy, by using remote controlled valvrave knock-offs.
The characters have a slight cameo in the anime, but other than that are pretty non-canon. No one else in the show proper mentions them or their mechs at any point, so in all honesty they might as well be in an AU story.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-12-21, 12:58   Link #2275
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
Prince's godmother is Renbokouji so I think the chance is good that Akira survives (of course Renbokouji could be Saotomi's descendant as well but I still put my money on Akira).
Assuming these two timelines are connected. Despite many calling it production frames that were never used in the S2 preview, I just can't write them off as such. One of the reasons is that they all relate with each other in some way.

-5 Pilots
-Carmilla out of commision
-Hito attacking with an outstretched familliar

-H-nuen, Kreimheld, and X-eins
-H-neun gravely injured holding a gun
-Cain and Saki

-Karlstein Uniform
-L-elf putting on said Karlstein Uniform with a pained face

That's all of them. If they were just random images, I'd be more inclined to think they were just frames in development, but if you look at it this way, too much coincidence.

Quote:
I don't think he will survive his fight with Cain. From how much he is piloting he seems to be losing runes faster as his limiter is stressed. To fight Cain he will have to push Hito to its limits and expend a lot of runes, possibly all of them. I fully predict him to have a Marie scene with Shouko as Haruto and Harto as Shouko, ending with a Harikiri Blade to finish off the remaining enemies, or barely alive Cain.
This all started when the Ardor Grip was attached. It could have been sabotaged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I can see Satomi doing it even, or especially, if Akira dies. It's again that case of continuing your dead loved one's dream in their stead. It happens countless times in anime, it happened with L-elf, I can see Satomi deciding to become a kamitsuki in order to take his sister's place and continuing to build the world she wanted. He also has amazing multi-tasking skills, so it's possible that he can handle VVV6's abilities.

I don't know about Haruto, him surviving would be a miracle, but since I want something past this and I also highly doubt he can defeat Cain, he may surprise us and survive, just missing a good chunk of his childhood. Or maybe they'll pull some deus ex machina where his memories will get returned to him via the power of runes and the Valvraves will no longer need to take runes from their pilots to function. People have already mentioned Saki's long memory despite the fact that she's been a pilot for centuries, so I'm guessing something changes.

Also though, technically the Empire has been founded. The idea was started and that first plans for it have begun, that can be considered enough for a foundation and for Haruto to be considered a "founder".
If the Galactic Empire is declared, to me, that's game over. I believe there is a reason why the first calendar is called "True Calendar". I don't believe the Third Galactic Empire is supposed to be formed. There is already reason to think this with the future scenes. I believe a reset is possible, but Haruto will remember everything that's happened, after he's "died".

Quote:
There no mention of forming a empire, all L-elf and Haruto want to do is to created a place where coexistence is possible. But Saki mention that Haruto is one of the founder, therefore Haruto has to be alive when the idea of a coexistencing nation turn into a galactic empire for whatever reason. Saki in the future also mention that the promise is made during the 14th year of the 3rd Galactic Empire and that mean the Haruto will have at least 14 years to live. So for me, Haruto will survived the battle but died after sometime in the later history. I'm not saying that he will survived but just saying that he will at least lived another couple of years before he died.
If the declaration is made near the end of the next episode, it matches up. Really, that promise in this episode looks to be "the promise". They even did a pinky swear, when in Japan has more meaning of making a solemn vow. Also, Haruto doesn't look like he'll survive this. This isn't a shounen manga, nor should try to be one.

Last edited by Kurohane; 2013-12-21 at 13:12.
Old 2013-12-21, 13:21   Link #2276
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

^Saki say it a deal, plus there another promise that was made earlier about killing Haruto if he goes crazy

All in all, Saki won't put a Haruto's picture in that penchant just for that little promise. Honesty we don't know even what inside that penchant yet, saying Haruto's picture is just a guess but the only one who will make a promise with Saki is Haruto now as she valued the that promise and the penchant.

Having a declaration about conquering the human is kind of stupid when your force is so weak and will also made the human your enemy. Plus they still need to defeat the Magius first before starting the empire.
Old 2013-12-21, 13:22   Link #2277
stagrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
This all started when the Ardor Grip was attached. It could have been sabotaged.
The Ardor Grip is just a piece of equipment that lets the Valvrave operate for a longer time without by constantly letting off heat. However this combined with the 4 impact boosters to make full impact allows Hito's performance to greatly increase which allows Haruto to spend runes faster without any breaks that heating up would cause.
Old 2013-12-21, 13:27   Link #2278
black_cat1

The formation of Galactic Empire might be in ss3 or 4, remember that Lulu became the emperor near the end of CG , if you put it in the picture then there is a high chance that we will have ss4. There is 1 more thing that still not be solved is Shouko's death flag, with the case of Shirley in CG, I think she will die next ss thus makes up the tragedy for Haruto (his loved one die and he completely forget about her).

Don't keep the high hope in Ookuchi, happiness in his show only for side characters while MC tend to suffer.
Old 2013-12-21, 13:38   Link #2279
Kurohane

Quote:
^Saki say it a deal, plus there another promise that was made earlier about killing Haruto if he goes crazy

All in all, Saki won't put a Haruto's picture in that penchant just for that little promise. Honesty we don't know even what inside that penchant yet, saying Haruto's picture is just a guess but the only one who will make a promise with Saki is Haruto now as she valued the that promise and the penchant.

Having a declaration about conquering the human is kind of stupid when your force is so weak and will also made the human your enemy. Plus they still need to defeat the Magius first before starting the empire.
That's another thing with the subs. They say "yakusoku" in the show itself, and that means promise. If Haruto does die, I'd say it's likely she will. People handle grief in a variety of ways. Wanting to cling to anything that reminds them of the person lost.

Nothing was said about conquering the human race, just the declaration of the empire.

Quote:
The Ardor Grip is just a piece of equipment that lets the Valvrave operate for a longer time without by constantly letting off heat. However this combined with the 4 impact boosters to make full impact allows Hito's performance to greatly increase which allows Haruto to spend runes faster without any breaks that heating up would cause.
It's too convenient for this to be a coincidence, though. We have no way of knowing if a magius was among the scientist, when they rescued them. It was a Professor Kitagawa that pointed it out. Also, Kibukawa said it would still be gathering dust in the back of the hangar. However, if this thing was so helpful, why would it be gathering dust away from all the other equipment in the back? Sounds like he gave them info on a flawed piece of equipment, and it was intentional.

Last edited by Kurohane; 2013-12-21 at 14:05.
Old 2013-12-21, 14:00   Link #2280
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
That's another thing with the subs. They say "yakusoku" in the show itself, and that means promise. If Haruto does die, I'd say it's likely she will. People handle grief in a variety of ways. Wanting to cling to anything that reminds them of the person lost.

Nothing was said about conquering the human race, just the declaration of the empire.
Empire is meant for conquering other, L-elf's mindset is probably conquering the human forcing them to coexist whether they like it or not. Again the promise is during the 14th year of the 3GE. Saki first spoken of the promise in 214th of the empire and she say it made 200 year ago.

L-elf will also supply some runes and there also Shoko who may do something for Haruto for at least some redemption. Saki may also do something about it, but I can't him dying next battle sometime after the battle yes but not during it.