AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-12-21, 14:12   Link #2281
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Empire is meant for conquering other, L-elf's mindset is probably conquering the human forcing them to coexist whether they like it or not. Again the promise is during the 14th year of the 3GE. Saki first spoken of the promise in 214th of the empire and she say it made 200 year ago.
It's the "galactic" empire, this suggests that they are going to spread their empire/country across the galaxy. Why waste time on Earth and a single species? That's thinking too small, and it would be too much trouble in the long run to try to subjugate humanity and force them onto your point of view. Also, remember that from the way Saki described it, Earth isn't even part of the empire, just some place "other", so no, most of humanity is probably not going to go along with this.

L-elf isn't going to force people outside of the empire to coexist. However, if you're ARE within the Empire, then you can either accept the presence of other intelligent species other than humans, or you can get out. That's the beauty of making a new country, you can decide things from scratch and not try to fit a previous culture or mindset into it. You can simply start fresh. That's why they no longer wanted it to be related to JIOR, this was going to be a totally new place.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-12-21, 14:19   Link #2282
Kurohane

Quote:
Empire is meant for conquering other, L-elf's mindset is probably conquering the human forcing them to coexist whether they like it or not. Again the promise is during the 14th year of the 3GE. Saki first spoken of the promise in 214th of the empire and she say it made 200 year ago.

L-elf will also supply some runes and there also Shoko who may do something for Haruto for at least some redemption. Saki may also do something about it, but I can't him dying next battle sometime after the battle yes but not during it.
No doubt, that is a possibility, but another possibility is Future Saki generalizing it. "Even after 200 years," is more common to say then being completely exact like "Even after 214 years." I'm not denying you could be right, but that there's another possibility.

Also, I think you have a bit of a misconception of L-elf's character, if you really believe that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
It's the "galactic" empire, this suggests that they are going to spread their empire/country across the galaxy. Why waste time on Earth and a single species? That's thinking too small, and it would be too much trouble in the long run to try to subjugate humanity and force them onto your point of view. Also, remember that from the way Saki described it, Earth isn't even part of the empire, just some place "other", so no, most of humanity is probably not going to go along with this.

L-elf isn't going to force people outside of the empire to coexist. However, if you're ARE within the Empire, then you can either accept the presence of other intelligent species other than humans, or you can get out. That's the beauty of making a new country, you can decide things from scratch and not try to fit a previous culture or mindset into it. You can simply start fresh. That's why they no longer wanted it to be related to JIOR, this was going to be a totally new place.
What else is out there, though? I don't think this show will incorporate other aliens.
Old 2013-12-21, 14:21   Link #2283
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:

That why I said it still a unknown reason why L-elf(or even Haruto) take this path, the initial goal is for human coexistence nothing on building a galactic empire. Which is why is the reason I believe Haruto will lived during the beginning of the empire if not he won't be known as the founder who lost many comrade during the battle for Module 77.
Old 2013-12-21, 14:27   Link #2284
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post

What else is out there, though? I don't think this show will incorporate other aliens.
I really have no idea. We have a 200+ year time gap of events between now and the future, and even with an epilogue that's a lot of time to fill and explain. I doubt that the Magius are the only alien beings out there, they might even know of some others themselves considering their ability to travel interstellarly. However, I don't know if they'll include anymore. As of right now, I'm deducing that the Empire is made up of humans, Magius, and kamitsuki and they expanded that empire to the galaxy either through alliance with other species, or just through exploration to find and extend their own territory and to find safer places to live away from humanity.

Quote:
That why I said it still a unknown reason why L-elf(or even Haruto) take this path, the initial goal is for human coexistence nothing on building a galactic empire. Which is why is the reason I believe Haruto will lived during the beginning of the empire if not he won't be known as the founder who lost many comrade during the battle for Module 77.
I honestly hope he does live so we can get more story. Also, I do see what you're saying in how does a democratically-minded people like former JIOR students decide to have an Empire? If this were Dorssian students I'd get it, but it is a little out there for them to think that way. Perhaps Haruto with his loss of memories becomes like Marie was two years ago and has no memories and thus has to start from scratch. Because of that, he learns from the start how to be a hardened leader and he leans more towards L-elf's example which would lead to him thinking imperially?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-12-21, 14:37   Link #2285
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
I really have no idea. We have a 200+ year time gap of events between now and the future, and even with an epilogue that's a lot of time to fill and explain. I doubt that the Magius are the only alien beings out there, they might even know of some others themselves considering their ability to travel interstellarly. However, I don't know if they'll include anymore. As of right now, I'm deducing that the Empire is made up of humans, Magius, and kamitsuki and they expanded that empire to the galaxy either through alliance with other species, or just through exploration to find and extend their own territory and to find safer places to live away from humanity.
But that kind of defeat the goal of human and Kamitsuki coexisting if they have to be away from human. It need another season for a proper ending, why the coexisting idea become a galactic empire is still a mystery. No matter how hard Okouchi want to pull that off it will be a half-ass ending regardless. His major flaw is the future scene which he added in when he doesn't have the time to pull it off and that it add more questions than answers.

Quote:
I honestly hope he does live so we can get more story. Also, I do see what you're saying in how does a democratically-minded people like former JIOR students decide to have an Empire? If this were Dorssian students I'd get it, but it is a little out there for them to think that way. Perhaps Haruto with his loss of memories becomes like Marie was two years ago and has no memories and thus has to start from scratch. Because of that, he learns from the start how to be a hardened leader and he leans more towards L-elf's example which would lead to him thinking imperially?
Deus ex machina, asspull or whatever you called it. Something will happened that allow Haruto to lived for a while, be it Saki out of her love for him or Shoko for redemption. But I'm sure as hell Haruto will survived the battle and then died seeing his empire flourish.

Last edited by DevilHighDxD; 2013-12-21 at 14:51.
Old 2013-12-21, 14:48   Link #2286
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
But that kind of defeat the goal of human and Kamitsuki coexisting if they have to be away from human. It need another season for a proper ending, why the coexisting idea become a galactic empire is still a mystery. No matter how hard Okouchi want to pull that off it will be a half-ass ending regardless. His major flaw is the future scene which he added in when he doesn't have the time to pull it off and that it add more questions than answers.
His major flaw was introducing a potential plotline far better than Valvrave - L-elf since Saki is likely the main character of that plotline. :x
Too much information, not enough utilization of the episode cap in order to cover it all is the main issue here.
Old 2013-12-21, 15:23   Link #2287
Thess

Quote:
Newtypes, duh! 70% of Human population lives on space and not on Earth, you know.

Quote:
Democracy failed them and got them nearly killed. Okouchi has such a hate boner against democracy in general. They don't have to decide anything, L-Elf is here to plan things after all. And he was all for militarization and expansionism in first season. They didn't do that, they almost got wiped out.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2013-12-21, 15:25   Link #2288
Key Board
Carbon

or maybe they run into ELS

That's for SRW, I suppose
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-12-21, 15:25   Link #2289
finalfury
Incognito

Haruto ambiguous death and return in season 3 ala Mu La Flaga style. Believe it.
Old 2013-12-21, 15:39   Link #2290
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
Haruto ambiguous death and return in season 3 ala Mu La Flaga style. Believe it.
Sorry, but this time getting blow up while inside the mecha is a guaranteed death. No more Jesus Yamato Christ BS
Old 2013-12-21, 15:42   Link #2291
~BC~

Quote:
The whole Class 7 Life form naming sounds like there may be something else out there; otherwise where does that naming system come from? Or maybe prior to this, humanity has only dealt with space roaches and the like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury
Maybe just leave it at ambiguous death. Then have L-Elf mention that tracking device he implanted is still active and moving at the beginning of a new season.
Old 2013-12-21, 15:42   Link #2292
Kurohane

Quote:
Sorry, but this time getting blow up while inside the mecha is a guaranteed death. No more Jesus Yamato Christ BS
Ironic that death scene was not Kira's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Newtypes, duh! 70% of Human population lives on space and not on Earth, you know.

Democracy failed them and got them nearly killed. Okouchi has such a hate boner against democracy in general. They don't have to decide anything, L-Elf is here to plan things after all. And he was all for militarization and expansionism in first season. They didn't do that, they almost got wiped out.
Leaving the joke aside, I doubt this show will leave the world of humans.

They would have gotten sacrifices either way. It was a pick your poison situation. There's no guarantee they wouldn't have as many deaths if they actually did form a military state at that time.
Old 2013-12-21, 15:44   Link #2293
Irenesharda

Quote:
Yeah, there's no way they are going to blow up Haruto a la Mu la Flaga. Without VVV1 none of the other valvraves work as far as we know, so Saki's in the future wouldn't work. Also, that would kill Pino, and she's too cute and has too much meaning to the plot to kill off in such a violent way.

No, if Haruto dies, it will be because of rune deficiency. However, I'm actually doubting if he's going to go the same way as Marie, that seems kind of superfluous. That's why I'm actually thinking that he might just dodge his death flags here.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-12-21, 15:47   Link #2294
Kurohane

Quote:
Yeah, there's no way they are going to blow up Haruto a la Mu la Flaga. Without VVV1 none of the other valvraves work as far as we know, so Saki's in the future wouldn't work. Also, that would kill Pino, and she's too cute and has too much meaning to the plot to kill off in such a violent way.

No, if Haruto dies, it will be because of rune deficiency. However, I'm actually doubting if he's going to go the same way as Marie, that seems kind of superfluous. That's why I'm actually thinking that he might just dodge his death flags here.
I'm sure Cain plans to secure her before dispatching Unit 01.

Edit:
Could someone translate this? It was in the image thread.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Kurohane; 2013-12-21 at 16:00.
Old 2013-12-21, 16:14   Link #2295
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:

Edit:
Could someone translate this? It was in the image thread.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I don't know Japanese but I get by the Turning Point thing that even the magazine is aware of Haruto's death flags. If the kid goes down, let's hope it will be meaningful and not meanspirited. Even Tomino didn't like what he did to Kamille in the original Zeta ending due to the message he gave to the audience.
Old 2013-12-21, 16:54   Link #2296
Irenesharda

Quote:
And there we have the problem. If Pino leaves Unit 1, all the valvraves shut down. So there would be no need to defeat VVV1, it's no longer a threat. However, Haruto can't destroy Dainsrave without destroying Prue, which Pino won't allow. And if both Pino and Prue leave their respective machines, neither one will work. The more you look at it, the less likely it is that there will be any definitive finale to a fight between VVV2 and VVV1.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-12-21, 16:59   Link #2297
~BC~

You might be on to something. With the Fuhrer exposed what if Cain decides to jack Haruto with the intention of making the module the Magius' new haven?

To be clear, he manages to beat Haruto but obviously not wanting kill Pino tries to extract her. While this is going on they have an exchange and Cain finds out about the country Haruto wants to create. Realizing his brethren probably need the power of the Valvraves more than ever he decides to jack Haruto to try and make a deal with the survivors. Barring that, he'll use force.

Last edited by ~BC~; 2013-12-21 at 17:03. Reason: clarity
Old 2013-12-21, 16:59   Link #2298
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
And there we have the problem. If Pino leaves Unit 1, all the valvraves shut down. So there would be no need to defeat VVV1, it's no longer a threat. However, Haruto can't destroy Dainsrave without destroying Prue, which Pino won't allow. And if both Pino and Prue leave their respective machines, neither one will work. The more you look at it, the less likely it is that there will be any definitive finale to a fight between VVV2 and VVV1.
My guess is that we will see a mecha fight, then both will be severely damaged, then it will be Cain vs. L-elf/Haruto in human form and Cain will get killed by L-elf and claim Dainsrave as his own. :c
Yes I want a L-elf vs. Cain showdown. :/
I also want L-elf to get Dainsrave.
Old 2013-12-21, 17:07   Link #2299
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

^Yes that will allow Prue and Pino together on the good side and allow L-elf to pilot a Valvrave.
Old 2013-12-21, 17:29   Link #2300
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
My guess is that we will see a mecha fight, then both will be severely damaged, then it will be Cain vs. L-elf/Haruto in human form and Cain will get killed by L-elf and claim Dainsrave as his own. :c
Yes I want a L-elf vs. Cain showdown. :/
I also want L-elf to get Dainsrave.
I really want L-elf to get his own mech too. However, how exactly do you kill Cain? First, unlike the kamitsuki pilots, he hasn't made a contract with his machine, neither was he transformed by it like they were. He can use it simply because he was the original being the machine was made for when the scientists were trying to copy Magius genetics. So even if you destroy his Dainsrave, not counting the destruction of Prue, that probably won't also destroy him. Second, now that we've found out that the Magius can regenerate from lethal wounds, you can't really kill him with weapons or force. And lastly, even if somehow even then, you can destroy his body, that won't necessarily destroy his natural ethereal form which is still also immortal and can leave his human shell anytime.

Trying to kill him or any of the Magius is near impossible unless you're talking rune drainage, and like Lise, they have to already be near starvation for that.

And then you also have to take on the fact that Cain is still smarter and stronger than both L-elf and Haruto. Also, interestingly enough, unlike many super-smart villians he also seems strangely humble, not accepting a lot of praise for his plans despite how amazing they are. This makes me think that he's not going to let pride or overconfidence get the best of him very easily. I have no doubt he (like L-elf would) has plans A,B,C, and D, for what's going on. He also like L-elf, is very good at thinking on his feet and modifying his plans as he goes in case he's faced with any kinks.

So, yeah, this last fight, I'm am really, really unsure if anyone is really going to defeat anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
You might be on to something. With the Fuhrer exposed what if Cain decides to jack Haruto with the intention of making the module the Magius' new haven?

To be clear, he manages to beat Haruto but obviously not wanting kill Pino tries to extract her. While this is going on they have an exchange and Cain finds out about the country Haruto wants to create. Realizing his brethren probably need the power of the Valvraves more than ever he decides to jack Haruto to try and make a deal with the survivors. Barring that, he'll use force.
That actually might be a cool plan. Though I don't know if you could get Cain and L-elf to work together. That would be interesting though.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Closed Thread