AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-02-04, 20:37   Link #2281
bongky

Location: On an island found at the equator beneath the home of the dragons
That's quite amazing. So before the forum was hacked, there were quite plenty of manga summaries, is it? Aw, man. Damn those hackers. By the way, why did Lucy said their blood do not belong to this world? And why did Kakuzawa take themselves as another different species? Why did Kakuzawa want to kill and capture the other diclonius in the first place if he himself is a diclonius too.
bongky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 21:04   Link #2282
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate lover View Post
So....After Lucy died, there were no more diclonius? Then how can Lucy be reborn as diclonius twins unless the mother still have the vector virus. That way, they aged at twice the speed and cannot reproduce too?
Spoiler for manga:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongky View Post
That's quite amazing. So before the forum was hacked, there were quite plenty of manga summaries, is it? Aw, man. Damn those hackers. By the way, why did Lucy said their blood do not belong to this world? And why did Kakuzawa take themselves as another different species? Why did Kakuzawa want to kill and capture the other diclonius in the first place if he himself is a diclonius too.
Spoiler for manga:

Last edited by PastPrime; 2008-02-05 at 09:07.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 23:20   Link #2283
Fate lover

Send a message via MSN to Fate lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime View Post
Spoiler for manga:
So...but in the anime, I thought Lucy couldn't bring herself to forgive herself for her sins, what was it that made her forget it in the manga. There must be something that inspires her. I just saw a net where they show Elfen Lied raw manga. Who was the diclonius that sit besides Kouta when Lucy and Nyuu protected him, was it her brother? Who was at the beach when Nyuu first heard the voice?

Illyasviel Von Einzbern
Fate lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 23:45   Link #2284
bongky

Quote:

Spoiler for manga:
I see. What did Kouta thought of if he did bring Lucy to the festival and did not lied to Lucy? And one more thing, in the anime, why did Lucy cried when Kouta kept pounding her to the floor and ask her to "stop it"? It seems Lucy expression wouldn't change when she killed someone but yet why did she cry? Ah yes, I am still quite puzzled. How come Nyu can share the memories of Lucy? I thought they were split personalities and Nyu don't have a single memory.
Old 2008-02-06, 13:42   Link #2285
PastPrime

Quote:
So...but in the anime, I thought Lucy couldn't bring herself to forgive herself for her sins, what was it that made her forget it in the manga. There must be something that inspires her. I just saw a net where they show Elfen Lied raw manga. Who was the diclonius that sit besides Kouta when Lucy and Nyuu protected him, was it her brother? Who was at the beach when Nyuu first heard the voice?
Spoiler for manga:

Quote:
I see. What did Kouta thought of if he did bring Lucy to the festival and did not lied to Lucy? And one more thing, in the anime, why did Lucy cried when Kouta kept pounding her to the floor and ask her to "stop it"? It seems Lucy expression wouldn't change when she killed someone but yet why did she cry? Ah yes, I am still quite puzzled. How come Nyu can share the memories of Lucy? I thought they were split personalities and Nyu don't have a single memory.
Spoiler for manga:
Old 2008-02-07, 03:25   Link #2286
bongky

Quote:
Spoiler for manga:
Who is this Nozom? And can Nyu use vectors too??!! How odd. By the way, who was it that talked to Nyu when she ran to the beach after hearing Nana plan of killing her after Lucy killed Bando. But it is still so hard to believe....of all the things, why did Lucy gave Kouta to Yuka?? Such a pity. Kouta and Lucy both loved each other while Kouta only liked Yuka but not loved her. Such a sad thing so see. I think I am going to cry already. And in the anime, why did Lucy surrender herself to the vectors although the image projected by the vectors was all lies. Why did Lucy let herself to believe them? And also one more thing, why didn't Kouta believed her sister, Kanae who was warning him about Lucy?
Old 2008-02-07, 03:47   Link #2287
Fate lover

Who captured Lucy in the end and bring her back to Kakuzawa? How does Pocky Addict know the whereabout of Lucy especially since that "cowboy" died??

Illyasviel Von Einzbern
Old 2008-02-07, 12:21   Link #2288
PastPrime

Quote:
Who is this Nozom? And can Nyu use vectors too??!! How odd. By the way, who was it that talked to Nyu when she ran to the beach after hearing Nana plan of killing her after Lucy killed Bando. But it is still so hard to believe....of all the things, why did Lucy gave Kouta to Yuka?? Such a pity. Kouta and Lucy both loved each other while Kouta only liked Yuka but not loved her. Such a sad thing so see. I think I am going to cry already. And in the anime, why did Lucy surrender herself to the vectors although the image projected by the vectors was all lies. Why did Lucy let herself to believe them? And also one more thing, why didn't Kouta believed her sister, Kanae who was warning him about Lucy?
Quote:
Who captured Lucy in the end and bring her back to Kakuzawa? How does Pocky Addict know the whereabout of Lucy especially since that "cowboy" died??
Most of your questions I can't answer because the reviews did not really get detailed until after Lucy was captured. For the ones I can.
Nozomi was a friend of Yuka's who came to stay at the Maple Inn. She is one of the 4 girls at the Light House. Her mother had been a singer and she had a beautiful voice and loved to sing, but her father did not want her to sing. She is sometimes referred to as "Diaper Girl" because her father beat her so badly that she lost control of her bladder and has to wear adult diapers. She actually encountered child Lucy and her puppy when she was singing in the forest where her father wouldn't hear her.
Spoiler for manga:

Last edited by PastPrime; 2008-02-07 at 13:15.
Old 2008-02-07, 16:27   Link #2289
FireChick

Sorry to ask but does anyone have any manga scans of Mariko and her vectors. I heard somewhere...

Spoiler:
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-08, 07:30   Link #2290
Fate lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
Sorry to ask but does anyone have any manga scans of Mariko and her vectors. I heard somewhere...

Spoiler:
Go to baka-update.com and download the elfen lied manga, there is the scan of Mariko.

Illyasviel Von Einzbern
Old 2008-02-08, 21:31   Link #2291
Fate lover

I've just watched Elfen Lied again and I am very furious especially at the scene where the boys bullied young Lucy. I am also very desperate to find out who the hell is behind that door! Man, I want to see a continuation to all that.

Illyasviel Von Einzbern
Old 2008-02-08, 21:36   Link #2292
bongky

Quote:
She actually encountered child Lucy and her puppy when she was singing in the forest where her father wouldn't hear her.
Spoiler for manga:
Oh my goodness. So besides Kouta, Lucy met another girl and that girl is Nozom??!! How can that be possible? I thought Lucy only encountered Kouta and there they became good friends. I thought Lucy horn was gone due to Mariko self-destruction. But afterward she had her horn back again, right? Then why when facing Annah, Nyu was hornless again? And doesn't the horn allow Lucy to gain powers of her vectors? Then if Nyu was hornless, then how can she have vectors? One more thing, are you saying some true diclonius doesn't even have vectors even though they've reached puberty??!! Eh, I thought Lucy pet friend was murdered by those orphanage bastards. One more thing, did Nozom make friends with child Lucy??!!
Old 2008-02-08, 22:19   Link #2293
PastPrime

Quote:
Oh my goodness. So besides Kouta, Lucy met another girl and that girl is Nozom??!! How can that be possible? I thought Lucy only encountered Kouta and there they became good friends.
It was before her puppy was killed. I'm not even sure if they spoke or not. Just that Lucy heard her singing and went to see who it was.
Quote:
I thought Lucy horn was gone due to Mariko self-destruction. But afterward she had her horn back again, right? Then why when facing Annah, Nyu was hornless again?
Spoiler:
Quote:
And doesn't the horn allow Lucy to gain powers of her vectors? Then if Nyu was hornless, then how can she have vectors?
Spoiler:
Quote:
One more thing, are you saying some true diclonius doesn't even have vectors even though they've reached puberty??!!
Vector Virus Diclonius are all female, they are all sterile, they get their vectors at three years old, they age at least twice as fast as normal humans so 6 year old Nana looks to be the same age as 13 year old Mayu.

True Diclonius can be male or female, they can reproduce, they get their vectors around the time that they start puberty, and they age like normal humans.
Old 2008-02-08, 23:53   Link #2294
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

The fact of having or not horns don't affect the use of vertor by itself, thet the painwhen losing horn ( or any other pain) than made diclonius enable to use any vector.
ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 01:12   Link #2295
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
The fact of having or not horns don't affect the use of vertor by itself, thet the painwhen losing horn ( or any other pain) than made diclonius enable to use any vector.
That might be true with a child like Mariko, but Nana used her vectors to disable Lucy's vectors right after Lucy cut off her arms and legs and Lucy could still use vectors after she lost one horn. There are a number of instances in the manga of Lucy in great pain still using her vectors.
Old 2008-02-09, 15:13   Link #2296
Reno

Send a message via MSN to Reno
And Nana too. By the way, wasn't it also Nana stopped Mariko from using her vectors? Before she fell of the bridge.
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 08:23   Link #2297
Fate lover

Then, Lucy and his brother are true diclonius? How can the Mariko's be cloned, did they wear any uniforms?
Spoiler for manga:

Illyasviel Von Einzbern
Old 2008-02-10, 12:21   Link #2298
PastPrime

Quote:
Then, Lucy and his brother are true diclonius? How can the Mariko's be cloned, did they wear any uniforms?
Spoiler for manga:
First. If you are going to ask qyestions about the manga that is not covered in the anime the you should really go to the manga thread, or at least put them in spoiler tags in case there is a second series.
Spoiler for manga:

Last edited by PastPrime; 2008-02-10 at 20:27.
Old 2008-02-10, 18:27   Link #2299
Fate lover

Sorry, that aside. Who do you think was behind the door at the end of the anime? I think it was the female scientist.

Illyasviel Von Einzbern
Old 2008-02-10, 18:41   Link #2300
bongky

That's rather odd, why was the true diclonius living with Lucy father was able to live a normal life while Lucy was forced to live a life which was so horrible. And did the vectors in true diclonius only appear when they are pushed over the edge by some unfortunate event? Did Lucy made any friends in the orphanage besides that blasted girl? Oh right, in the OVA series of Elfen Lied, who was that girl? Why would she sacrifice herself just for Lucy? I was so touched One more thing, did Lucy stop killing when Kouta asked her not to kill anymore or he wouldn't forgive her?

Tags
drama, ecchi, horror, loli, romance, seinen