Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2015-02-11, 11:21   Link #2281
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXtreme View Post
Geez, what did I just say?
You seem to have this notion that Higurashi is the purest story ever if you exclude the sexualized sprites and naked Satoko. It's just...not :/ The whole story is full of controversial stuff.
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-11, 12:04   Link #2282
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

I am listening to the limited editon daybreak Kai drama cd. It about Oryō Sonozaki getting saved by Keiichi when she accidently angers bikers. Oryō Sonozaki then falls in love with Keiichi and Mion has to get club members to help make Keiichi look bad so Oryō Sonozaki will not marry him. keiichi does not realized he going on a date with Oryō. Rena thinks Oryō cute and takes her home.

I am only half way in I write the rest later.
Old 2015-02-11, 12:47   Link #2283
xPearse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xed51 View Post
I guess it's probably referring to the dog humping her leg or something. That tends to happen a lot with actual dogs
Nope, they're referring to you know what. Since they mention the dog swallowing it and Mion jokes about it could happen, but Satoko doesn't understand they're talking about sex because as Rika say's, "she is till pure". R07 is weird that way. I'll just add dog fucking to the list of things I find weird about that.

Quote:
That's cute. And yet, it's concerning how Rika would know what they're talking about.
R07 probably just wanted to make a terrible bestiality joke/put the thought in our heads, I wouldn't take much by it other than that. Unless this scene has deep meaning to the characters development that I haven't yet realized. That, or doujinshi material.

Quote:
That reminds me of a post I recently saw in another forum.

http://kaijucombat.com/community/ind...62#post-377276
Well, Miyazaki did originally want the main character in Nausicaa to dance naked around bugs in an ever so "enchanting" scene I presume. If you're into giant bugs that is, hurk hurk hurk. Also, he has a fetish for young girls. I wouldn't take his opinion highly.
xPearse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-11, 13:03   Link #2284
Mr. Dent
A Rather Brillig Ember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisu View Post
I am listening to the limited editon daybreak Kai drama cd. It about Oryō Sonozaki getting saved by Keiichi when she accidently angers bikers. Oryō Sonozaki then falls in love with Keiichi and Mion has to get club members to help make Keiichi look bad so Oryō Sonozaki will not marry him. keiichi does not realized he going on a date with Oryō. Rena thinks Oryō cute and takes her home.

That sounds amazing. Seriously, screw Kira and Kaku, this is the OVA series Higurashi fans deserve.

I seriously love drama CDs and wish they were released in America at all, though that never happens- Except with the upcoming release of Yuki Yuna is a hero, which will apparently come with a Character Song and Drama CD. If only Geneom did things like that when they were releasing Higurashi.
Old 2015-02-11, 15:12   Link #2285
Shikou
ex-Hinamizawa Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisu View Post

lol this sounds like a better plot than the Higurashi Kira OVA. Wouldn't Keiichi be considered Mion and Shion's step-grandfather or something? Oh my, Mion would go insane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
I seriously love drama CDs and wish they were released in America at all, though that never happens- Except with the upcoming release of Yuki Yuna is a hero, which will apparently come with a Character Song and Drama CD. If only Geneom did things like that when they were releasing Higurashi.
Are you saying there is no Asian store where you live? There is a small shop a mile away from my house. Its not as big on CDs and Anime DVDs as it used to be because they used to sell bootlegs without realizing it (thank God they got rid of them). They sell pretty decent stuff and imports from Japan.
PS3 0/2 PSP cancelled
Shikou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-11, 17:27   Link #2286
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
Quote:
Originally Posted by xPearse View Post
Nope, they're referring to you know what. Since they mention the dog swallowing it and Mion jokes about it could happen, but Satoko doesn't understand they're talking about sex because as Rika say's, "she is till pure". R07 is weird that way. I'll just add dog fucking to the list of things I find weird about that.
First thing I recall is Keiichi & Rika both pat Satoko's head in Watanagashi because of her not understanding the suggestive topic.

Spoiler for Watanagashi-hen scene:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikou View Post
Are you saying there is no Asian store where you live? There is a small shop a mile away from my house. Its not as big on CDs and Anime DVDs as it used to be because they used to sell bootlegs without realizing it (thank God they got rid of them). They sell pretty decent stuff and imports from Japan.
You're so lucky!

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Katsu Koneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-11, 19:41   Link #2287
Mr. Dent
A Rather Brillig Ember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikou View Post
There's actually a Japanese market pretty close to my house! However, it's more of a supermarket, and I don't think they sell anything other than food, top-selling CDs, and the occasional knicknack. Mostly food, though- Not that I mind. Green Tea Ice-Cream is magical.

Quote:
Why do people bash Kaku? I didn't think it was bad.
I hate Kaku. First off, the pacing was atrocious, it went here there and everywhere with no attempt to make the audience feel anything. At no point did I fear for the characters' safety, and at no point were my heart-strings being tugged. Not only that, but the violence in it was actually extremely distasteful. The violence in the original Higurashi was horrific not because WOAH BLOOD but because the characters going through it didn't deserve it at all, and you really empathized with them. Here? Wanton violence with no meaning to anyone- Not even the characters. Rena's dad dies? You know, the dad she cares so much for that she'd fall into self-loathing and even murder for? Yeah, he dies, and she brushes it off like "oh man that sucked but whatevs." And then, she slices and dices dozens of people without any remorse at all- She's barely even the same character anymore. Not to mention Irie's death, which was gruesome for no reason and, once again, didn't even try to make the viewers feel anything other than SHOCK at it. Also, Rika was a bitch, Hanyu was implied to be an alien and nothing more elaborated upon that idea, and there was no ending at all. It was a waste of an OVA, and the only thing it offered was some nice animation.
Old 2015-02-11, 19:57   Link #2288
MCAL

Speaking of, was Kaku a faithful adaption of the original Outbreak sidestory.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-11, 20:12   Link #2289
Mr. Dent
A Rather Brillig Ember

Quote:
Hm, I did notice a lot of those things. Maybe I was just glad it went away from the Kira-style fanservice. I did acknowledge that the lack of real emotion was utterly ridiculous, but the plot was interesting to me.
Honestly, though the fanservice was distasteful, it was at least replaced by some laughs in the third episode, and a genuinely great final episode. Kaku, on the other hand, has no sort of redemption.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
Speaking of, was Kaku a faithful adaption of the original Outbreak sidestory.
Not surprising, since Kaku was originally a bonus short story that came with Daybreak, wasn't it? I'm really hoping that Ryukishi fixed it up in Hou, although it sounds like Kamikanshi more than makes up for it anyway.
Old 2015-02-11, 20:33   Link #2290
MCAL

Ah sorry. That should have been a question. I don't know if its faithful or not.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-12, 02:02   Link #2291
Shikou
ex-Hinamizawa Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
I hate Kaku. First off, the pacing was atrocious, it went here there and everywhere with no attempt to make the audience feel anything. At no point did I fear for the characters' safety, and at no point were my heart-strings being tugged. Not only that, but the violence in it was actually extremely distasteful. The violence in the original Higurashi was horrific not because WOAH BLOOD but because the characters going through it didn't deserve it at all, and you really empathized with them. Here? Wanton violence with no meaning to anyone- Not even the characters. Rena's dad dies? You know, the dad she cares so much for that she'd fall into self-loathing and even murder for? Yeah, he dies, and she brushes it off like "oh man that sucked but whatevs." And then, she slices and dices dozens of people without any remorse at all- She's barely even the same character anymore. Not to mention Irie's death, which was gruesome for no reason and, once again, didn't even try to make the viewers feel anything other than SHOCK at it. Also, Rika was a bitch, Hanyu was implied to be an alien and nothing more elaborated upon that idea, and there was no ending at all. It was a waste of an OVA, and the only thing it offered was some nice animation.
You know, I would have to agree. At the end of OutBreak I didn;t felt anything. I've read comments saying they didn;t felt much for it ether. Maybe if it was a little longer then maybe it could have been saved but I would agree about the pacing. When it was first announced it looked very promising but the end result of it was "meh" and nothing more. I would rather watch a animated version of Beyond Midnight. Where the hell is that at? Oh right, it was used to advertise the Pachinko game and was wasted away for the game too.

Quote:
Meh, I thought the third and fourth episodes of Kira were boring.
Everything about Higurashi Kira is boring.
PS3 0/2 PSP cancelled
Old 2015-02-12, 02:40   Link #2292
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

The only thing that DEEN included in Kaku that improved it was the Satoko Rescue Scene really. It was pretty much skipped in the VN.

I loved Kira episode 4. Baby Rika so cute. q-q

Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Old 2015-02-12, 03:47   Link #2293
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Kaku is like AMC's the Walking Dead, but replace the characters with Higurashi and Zombies with crazy villagers.
Old 2015-02-12, 07:40   Link #2294
xPearse

What did you guys think of the sound novel version of Outbreak and Kamikanshi? Also, speaking about Rena and everyone else, I didn't really have a problem with how their characters were treated, other than some characters didn't get enough screentime, like Mion, and Keiichi's stupidity. It was very disappointing to see him drop the trash cans when they tried to use them to hide and then trip (injuring his ankle) while trying to escape from the mob. Its also a shame the sound novel version of Outbreak didn't feature Satoko's rescue, or Irie's suicide which isn't even mention, not that it tells us what happened to him anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
Kaku is like AMC's the Walking Dead, but replace the characters with Higurashi and Zombies with crazy villagers.
Well, you can't say this scenario wasn't foreshadowed. Also, Tyrese no!
Old 2015-02-12, 11:30   Link #2295
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
Well, you can't say this scenario wasn't foreshadowed. Also, Tyrese no!
Spoiler for Walking Dead Spoilers:
Old 2015-02-12, 14:28   Link #2296
Xed51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post

On a completely different note, I started an italian translation of Higurashi. It's something I'm doing in my free time mostly to practice my japanese. The patch will work on the japanese version of Higurashi, not the mangagamer one. I am translating directly from Japanese since I'm using this to practice, so it won't be based on the MG translation, but I will probably check how it fares with the new MG translation when each new episode comes out.
I doubt anyone cares but eh. If there are any italians on this forum who would be interested I'll probably post it, if not I'm making this mostly for my fiancé anyway (she gets bored of reading in english pretty fast).
Though if I ever get around translating the extra stuff that mangagamer skipped in its release I'll probably put that in english as well and release a patch just for that. I'm currently unaware of what was left out since I recently got my copy of Higurashi Hou and just got done extracting the script (Hou also has a disc which includes Higurashi 1-9, I only owned the mg version before getting this).
Xed51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-13, 20:12   Link #2297
xPearse

Quote:
On a completely different note, I started an italian translation of Higurashi. It's something I'm doing in my free time mostly to practice my japanese. The patch will work on the japanese version of Higurashi, not the mangagamer one. I am translating directly from Japanese since I'm using this to practice, so it won't be based on the MG translation, but I will probably check how it fares with the new MG translation when each new episode comes out.
I doubt anyone cares but eh. If there are any italians on this forum who would be interested I'll probably post it, if not I'm making this mostly for my fiancé anyway (she gets bored of reading in english pretty fast).
Though if I ever get around translating the extra stuff that mangagamer skipped in its release I'll probably put that in english as well and release a patch just for that. I'm currently unaware of what was left out since I recently got my copy of Higurashi Hou and just got done extracting the script (Hou also has a disc which includes Higurashi 1-9, I only owned the mg version before getting this).
Well, the more the merrier I say. Good luck with it.

Quote:
Its the tolken black guy rule, it really pisses me off.

There's also some countdown timer on the Sui website, any thoughts on what it is?
http://higurashisui-cp.com/movie/
Old 2015-02-13, 21:41   Link #2298
Mr. Dent
A Rather Brillig Ember

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPearse View Post
There's also some countdown timer on the Sui website, any thoughts on what it is?
http://higurashisui-cp.com/movie/
Either the release of the game, or maybe a countdown to the formal announcement of what the secret message is? (Assuming the secret message has to do with the game. Could be the Hou arcs like Gura thought.)
Old 2015-02-14, 00:21   Link #2299
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Meakashi-hen and no kanji this time. "i/い"

Old 2015-02-14, 01:33   Link #2300
Shikou
ex-Hinamizawa Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsu Koneko View Post
Meakashi-hen and no kanji this time. "i/い"
Welp, thats my cue to download one of these for once lol
PS3 0/2 PSP cancelled