Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-07-05, 00:47   Link #2281
Dingo
The polyphony

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
Er, except I don't watch shows just for action. Action is nice and all, but I want a god damn plot and I want proper characterization. This show had NEITHER. There's nothing wrong with having a main theme/message, but I expect that the writers are competent enough to write a proper story integrating that theme. These writers did not deliver on this. Thing with Gurren Lagann is, it's a cracked out super robot show and that's what the creators meant for it to be. And despite that, the plot was WAY better then this crap. This show....the sad thing is it was so hilarious at times, but it's obvious the creators didn't mean for it to be. LOL.
Hmmh

You rip on this show for it's bad writing/directing, and say you don't watch shows just for action, you want proper characterization and a plot.Very valid reasons to deem a show "bad" or "sucky"

Then I saw your Macross F avatar + your post history, and for some reason I found myself smiling wholeheartedly

Last edited by Dingo; 2008-07-05 at 03:07.
Dingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-05, 04:58   Link #2282
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat's Disciple View Post
You know, for all the people complaining about this series, it must have done pretty well in japan. They are launching a manga version of it aswell now. I doubt they would do that if it flopped
Doubt it don't remember seeing any of the DVD volumes releases reaching the top ten DVD sells.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 00:55   Link #2283
zalem

If you are suggesting Macross is bad writing and Dragonauts is an example of a show with better writing and plot.....well, that just makes me laugh a lot. I guess we have vastly different tastes.
Old 2008-07-07, 01:08   Link #2284
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
If you are suggesting Macross is bad writing and Dragonauts is an example of a show with better writing and plot.....well, that just makes me laugh a lot. I guess we have vastly different tastes.
The writing is fair its the direction that lets it fall into pits now and then is what really sucks,in comparasion Macross Zero has a compressed story with great writing which is nibbled away at by the lack of time to tell a full story its hard to pick on the direction for doing a decent job with what they had time wise, Macross frontier has much more stable writing and direction..and plot..and LOL

No really though M-F has a few rough spots but its done better than a rough go gonzo job, D-R has many weak spots due to lack of direction keeping the story out of WTF-vile while most of M-Fs issues are due to unfinished intracut story telling and odd comedy bits it can give the apprance of roughness in its over all workmenship.

MF is better than DR but I like DR non the less I am annoyed with MZ more due it it really needed another 30-60 minutes of time to flesh out the story/plot to my liking.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 01:12   Link #2285
zalem

MF, isn't the best thing ever. In fact, I was totally bored with the first couple of episodes and disliked all the characters except for Sheryl. But after a while it grew on me. Even with all of MF's imperfections to compare MF with Dragonauts is just mind boggling to me. o_O Nothing can compare to the pure idiocy and ridiculousness of Dragonauts....

But maybe I'm biased because I am a Macross fan. *shrugs*
Old 2008-07-07, 01:35   Link #2286
ZippyDSM

Quote:
MF, isn't the best thing ever. In fact, I was totally bored with the first couple of episodes and disliked all the characters except for Sheryl. But after a while it grew on me. Even with all of MF's imperfections to compare MF with Dragonauts is just mind boggling to me. o_O Nothing can compare to the pure idiocy and ridiculousness of Dragonauts....

But maybe I'm biased because I am a Macross fan. *shrugs*
Shall I bring in M7? :P

putting aside the DDDDDDDDD++++++++++++++++++++++ the characters are mostly no worse than MF the plot is certainly no worse you do have issues where the story just gets stupid in DR and the anchor point for DRs issues is whats his name that went all emo all of the sudden and ended emo mode just as fast add the direction/story issues it just adds up to how much you can take before the whole thing falls apart as a cohesive setting.

I can tie in things and remove the bad so DR is not a loss its not like Goglo 13 or DMC that makes me want to stab my eyes out, theres enough thee to enjoy, MF I can't really find any big annoying faults in..oh want the loli with a DDDDDDDD+++++ adult giant form...ya thats the most annoying of it all but its used as a comical factor and kept to a minuim.

I think Heroic age is a bit better than both.
One of the things keeping me from loving M-F is the whole school/slice of peaceful life shtick Macross SDF-1 had alot more drama and action going for it it kept the pressure on even M7 tried to M-F is all over the place and my care factor has not fully stabilized since Macross is equal parts action sci fi romance not so much SOL drama,drama yes but not happy days SOL ><.
Old 2008-07-07, 10:38   Link #2287
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
hollycow why is this thread on page 1?
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 05:19   Link #2288
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
lol it still sucks enough to get a few new posts. i forget about this anime a few months ago.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 05:22   Link #2289
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
this is what the power of hate can do.
Samanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 05:59   Link #2290
Jiyuu

Send a message via MSN to Jiyuu
well its also one of the top-ten most vied threads in this forum(fansubbed that is)
and one of the top-five most commented..

so yeah, the power of hate is strong with this one :P
Jiyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 06:49   Link #2291
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samanosuke View Post
this is what the power of hate can do.
Hate <-> Love
both come together
both go together
you can't have one without the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiyuu View Post
so yeah, the power of hate is strong with this one :P
Ah, a young Padawan. Much you have to learn.
mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 07:39   Link #2292
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
i forget about this anime a few months ago.
I look to up anyone as my hero who's able to forget about Dragonaut.
Old 2008-07-08, 12:53   Link #2293
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I look to up anyone as my hero who's able to forget about Dragonaut.
ty, it was rather easy to forget such cheese. its sort of like tossing the rotten cheese into a garbage and forgetting about it.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 13:01   Link #2294
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Quote:
ty, it was rather easy to forget such cheese. its sort of like tossing the rotten cheese into a garbage and forgetting about it.
And you are still here, maybe it was love and not hate
mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 13:52   Link #2295
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
I can usually forget about it. Then when this topic pops back up shake my head at why its still being talked about .
Old 2008-07-08, 19:22   Link #2296
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangalowres View Post
And you are still here, maybe it was love and not hate
We're still here because we love to hate it. Or something like that....it was so bad we needed to commiserate with one another to mourn the loss of all that wasted time.
Old 2008-07-08, 19:24   Link #2297
ZippyDSM

Its hard to forget the massive DDDDDDDDDD...DD..DDD...DDDDDs........
Old 2008-07-08, 20:54   Link #2298
ShiniIllumi

You mean these DDDDDDDDDDD++++++s? >.>

Spoiler for Massive:

I've sinned T_T I gave my Anime Collection to a friend and he ended up watching Dragonauts. I subjected a poor, innocent soul to that show since I forgot I wedged it between H20 & Spice & Wolf.

T_T Forgive me!
Old 2008-07-08, 21:13   Link #2299
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiniIllumi View Post

Spoiler for Massive:

I've sinned T_T I gave my Anime Collection to a friend and he ended up watching Dragonauts. I subjected a poor, innocent soul to that show since I forgot I wedged it between H20 & Spice & Wolf.

T_T Forgive me!
could have been worse...like ikkitousen series 1....
Old 2008-07-08, 21:22   Link #2300
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiniIllumi View Post

Spoiler for Massive:

T_T Forgive me!
Man, you really have to make that up to him somehow. Poor soul....

Those shots right there.....god, I'd almost forgotten how bad it was. Almost. That Machina one is one of the worst... Gahh....where is the brain bleach.

Tags
action, ecchi, romance, sci-fi