AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-19, 21:11   Link #2281
KBTKaiser

Try wrapping your mind around this one then, Kha.

BGM source: Kishin Hishou Demonbane for PC

DGG Triple Attack
Old 2007-06-19, 21:17   Link #2282
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
@Everyone:
Thanks for your welcome!

@ Erio: The basic concept is interesting...but people who have submitted a thousand characters (like Kha) have a much better chance of winning than someone who's just submitted one or two. Plus, depending upon how many characters are entered, it could take freaking forever. My recommendation, if I may, is that if we do this, that each user only be allowed to submit a max of two characters - that'll keep things fairly even AND streamline the tournament.
I'm kinda abstaining from this fight due to my lack of time. And yes I think that'll be a good idea, even though I only had Artei and Sophia in mind to participate coincidentally.
Quote:
Spoiler for Will YOU face the Black?:

Sooo.. Whaddya think?
Expeditionary forces! Yes the missing link between the heavy protectorate forces of the GDI and the home security team TSAB. I suppose by virtue of the functions of the RAF I see them to be coming under direct command of the Secretariat and its sub-wing the Diplomacy Corps. Very catchy abbreviation, and the history looks good too. Frontline seats to the upcoming Einst conflict for these guys!

And what's this?

Sevasti - The 3rd Archer here.
Emira - VARIABLE FORMATION?
McFarn - Looks promising
Melinia - The 4th Saber!

TYPE-MOON must be really proud. Btw, there's possibility here for more SRW uberness. But I'm just second guessing you. Show us what you got!

@Lowe: I thot that they'd appreciate the ref. Yes I forgot that. Kinda got lost in the TZS finish. And what's with the demonic laughter? |uhoh|

@Mabiko: I compiling a list of combos for every CC and OC if possible, but I think you just gave me the Subaru + Kha one. As for Subaru + Ginga + Kha, one clue: Heaven & Hell. Thanks Lowe!
Old 2007-06-19, 21:22   Link #2283
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
@Everyone:
Thanks for your welcome!

@ Erio: The basic concept is interesting...but people who have submitted a thousand characters (like Kha) have a much better chance of winning than someone who's just submitted one or two. Plus, depending upon how many characters are entered, it could take freaking forever. My recommendation, if I may, is that if we do this, that each user only be allowed to submit a max of two characters - that'll keep things fairly even AND streamline the tournament.

And...as a treat, here's a preview of my primary work for the thread.

Sooo.. Whaddya think?
Arcasaviel Emira?!

I see what you did thar!!!!

Nice name picking out RAF as initials, and interesting concept of explorer mages, reminds me of the Starfleet for some reason Looking forward to individual profiles for each

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
Try wrapping your mind around this one then, Kha.

BGM source: Kishin Hishou Demonbane for PC

DGG Triple Attack

*Wets pants*

TATSUMAKI ZANKANTOU PLUS JINRAI?!?!?!?!?!

*dies from too much hotblooded awesomeness*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-06-19, 21:31   Link #2284
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
I think I need help in writing profiles. Seems like I suck even more at writing profiles than at writing comedy. Here is a semi complete profile of another of my mention characters Director Tsuzuki.

Spoiler for Director Tsuzuki:

I'll update this when I get more inspiration.
Ohh interesting. He seems fine to me tshouryuu. I don't see what your worrying about....

Isamu: (looking at new enforcer rules) Hmm, there doesn't seem to be any changes to it from last year. 'As per last year, there is a test of courage involved before you are officialy ranked enforcer'... Hey I didn't see this before, sir do you have any idea about this section of the rules?
Myristic: Which rules.....oh that one. Sorry Isamu, no idea...
Isamu:
No worries so, guess I'll find out soon enough. (leaves office)

Myristic: I'm sorry son for what's about to happen, but it happened to all of us
Quote:
Hey all! I've been watching this forum for a while (about 2 weeks), and I decided it's time I threw my hat into the ring. So here I am, rocking like a hurricane!

Don't worry about the backlog, like I said, I've been keeping up (). I've got some OCs in the works right now, so pretty soon I'll be able to join the insanity! YAY!
Ohh new person
Welcome to our humble abode....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
Ladies and gentlemen, I welcome you to the first ever...

Nanoha Original Characters One-on-One Battle Tournament!

Right here we will decide who is the most powerful, or most lucky, character created so far!

Will Serge be defeated? Will Tais be the ultimate winner? We will soon find out!

The winner of this tournament will be blessed with the ability to wield the Legendary Holy Sword, Soul Calibur!

The Battle Basics:

Spoiler for Battle Basics:

The Battle Mechanics:

Spoiler for Battle Mechanics:

EXPERIMENTAL: Limit Breaks

Spoiler for Limit Breaks:

The Tournament:

How the tournament will play out depends on how many characters are submitted. More info will be available when the tournament starts.

The Prize:

The winner of the tournament will receive the Holy Sword, Soul Calibur, which has the following stats: +1 STR, +1 M.Def. The winner will be able to wield this artifact in the next tournament!

Character Registration:

*Coming soon*

-----

*notices everyone staring at him*

I know, I know, I'm crazy.

How did I come up with this? I have no idea. It was pretty fun to think how the battles would play out and stuff.

I think I did a good job at balancing the character classes, but... well, obviously I have not tried many actual battles so I dont know if any combinations of classes are overpowered... Sooo, you guys help me.

And the big question: Do you guys wanna do this? lol
Hmm sounds interesting. I'll submit Isamu first of all and I'll see if I can get another of my OC's ready in time(no Akilae doesn't count, he's too haxx...) Only thing is When's the battle? I won't have time for a little while longer.
Quote:
@Everyone:
Thanks for your welcome!

Sooo.. Whaddya think?
Hmm interesting concept. None of our OC's so far have been explorers per se, most of them are involved withim the pre-established borders. I look forward to their profiles
Old 2007-06-19, 21:36   Link #2285
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:

Mrph. I'm having some trouble trying to pigeonhole my characters into the archetypes, especially for Ivey, whose strength is in Bindings, which aren't really covered for. It's more of status effects than straight damage/defence/speed.

Reiz is relatively easy (well-balanced), while Rancer is slightly tougher, being that he's fast and defensive, but has crap for damage. Halley is just broken, in a "not good enough" kind of way; she fights using conventional weaponry (well, conventional compared to magic, anyway).
Old 2007-06-19, 21:40   Link #2286
Reiji Tabibito
The OTHER Time Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Expeditionary forces! Yes the missing link between the heavy protectorate forces of the GDI and the home security team TSAB. I suppose by virtue of the functions of the RAF I see them to be coming under direct command of the Secretariat and its sub-wing the Diplomacy Corps. Very catchy abbreviation, and the history looks good too. Frontline seats to the upcoming Einst conflict for these guys!

And what's this?

Sevasti - The 3rd Archer here.
Emira - VARIABLE FORMATION?
McFarn - Looks promising
Melinia - The 4th Saber!

TYPE-MOON must be really proud. Btw, there's possibility here for more SRW uberness. But I'm just second guessing you. Show us what you got!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Arcasaviel Emira?!

I see what you did thar!!!!

Nice name picking out RAF as initials, and interesting concept of explorer mages, reminds me of the Starfleet for some reason Looking forward to individual profiles for each
@Kha: Oh, I will. I WILL! And regarding Emira - Variable isn't his position, it's his callsign - like 'Deathwing' for Keroko - minor Tom Clancy reference (+3 respect levels if you can name the reference). And trust me, these guys ARE TEH UBER.

@LoweGear: Glad to see you caught the ref. The squad is full of little (and not-so-little) references like that, from character names (Saber's comes from two of her seiyuu roles) to device names (anyone here read Dresden Files?!) right down to spell names (Yggdra Union, for one). And once all the profiles are up, I'm gonna post a "Creator's Notes" type document, as well as a reference list. FYI, Arcas is a guy - so there's not a direct correlation there.
Old 2007-06-19, 21:43   Link #2287
Meophist

My brother and I just discussed the battle tournament idea and came to the conclusion that the ranger and rogue classes should be switch. It doesn't make sense for the rogue to simply bypass one element of luck and for the ranger to increase relience on it.
Old 2007-06-19, 21:45   Link #2288
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
(anyone here read Dresden Files?!)
*raises hand*

So help me, if you pull out a Blackened Denarius...
Old 2007-06-19, 21:49   Link #2289
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
@Kha: Oh, I will. I WILL! And regarding Emira - Variable isn't his position, it's his callsign - like 'Deathwing' for Keroko - minor Tom Clancy reference (+3 respect levels if you can name the reference). And trust me, these guys ARE TEH UBER.
Just make sure they're not h4xx. My post on the Kluize X-battalion got shot down so fast I'm glad the Scrin Modership Skyfall didn't come in and finish me off.

EDIT: To clarify - the Modership refers to Moderator. Skyfall is a Mod, and you WILL come to fear him.

And do remember to explain the spells and characters as detailed as possible, thus making references more obvious if one does catch it. I had to wiki everything for Mabiko. (Gome... ) It's for those people who don't know to ref to come in and appreciate the char. Write as though you are talking to a pure Nanohaverse fan, that means.
Old 2007-06-19, 21:50   Link #2290
Reiji Tabibito
The OTHER Time Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
*raises hand*

So help me, if you pull out a Blackened Denarius...
Not quite...but rather the opposite.

Saber is a KNIGHT after all.

Quote:
Just make sure they're not h4xx. My post on the Kluize X-battalion got shot down so fast I'm glad the Scrin Modership Skyfall didn't come in and finish me off.

EDIT: To clarify - the Modership refers to Moderator. Skyfall is a Mod, and you WILL come to fear him.

And do remember to explain the spells and characters as detailed as possible, thus making references more obvious if one does catch it. I had to wiki everything for Mabiko. (Gome... )
Trust me, they're not. Their power levels are about on par with Nanoha & Co. Save for a few Breaker-class spells - but just about everyone with mage levels like these has one. And I'm attempting to make everything almost painfully obvious - but my description skills aren't as good as the rest of my writing.
Old 2007-06-19, 21:55   Link #2291
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
@LoweGear: Glad to see you caught the ref. The squad is full of little (and not-so-little) references like that, from character names (Saber's comes from two of her seiyuu roles) to device names (anyone here read Dresden Files?!) right down to spell names (Yggdra Union, for one). And once all the profiles are up, I'm gonna post a "Creator's Notes" type document, as well as a reference list. FYI, Arcas is a guy - so there's not a direct correlation there.
Damn... and I thought I'd see a girl combining Hawtness, Moe and Gar in a single package

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-06-19, 22:01   Link #2292
Reiji Tabibito
The OTHER Time Lord

Quote:
Damn... and I thought I'd see a girl combining Hawtness, Moe and Gar in a single package
Oh, but you WILL. That's the job of Yoshitaka Mel-chan, the group's expert melee fighter and pervert whupper. あなたの祈りを言いなさい... Adm. Chrono.
Old 2007-06-19, 22:02   Link #2293
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Oh, but you WILL. That's the job of Yoshitaka Mel-chan, the group's expert melee fighter and pervert whupper. あなたの祈りを言いなさい... Adm. Chrono.
Oh? Right on then Will wait for her profile

Btw, you any plans of joining any one of the Combo Stories here?

Old 2007-06-19, 22:04   Link #2294
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Quote:

Right here we will decide who is the most powerful, or most lucky, character created so far!

Will Serge be defeated? Will Tais be the ultimate winner? We will soon find out!

The winner of this tournament will be blessed with the ability to wield the Legendary Holy Sword, Soul Calibur!

The Battle Basics:

Spoiler for Battle Basics:

The Battle Mechanics:

Spoiler for Battle Mechanics:

EXPERIMENTAL: Limit Breaks

Spoiler for Limit Breaks:

The Tournament:

How the tournament will play out depends on how many characters are submitted. More info will be available when the tournament starts.

The Prize:

The winner of the tournament will receive the Holy Sword, Soul Calibur, which has the following stats: +1 STR, +1 M.Def. The winner will be able to wield this artifact in the next tournament!

Character Registration:

*Coming soon*

-----

*notices everyone staring at him*

I know, I know, I'm crazy.

How did I come up with this? I have no idea. It was pretty fun to think how the battles would play out and stuff.

I think I did a good job at balancing the character classes, but... well, obviously I have not tried many actual battles so I dont know if any combinations of classes are overpowered... Sooo, you guys help me.

And the big question: Do you guys wanna do this? lol
Interesthing, but I think the requirements scare a bit out of me besides, I'm not entirely familiar with the premise. Uguu....

======================

Quote:
MOAR MADNESS!!!!!!

Shamal and Shamisen never fail to stir up the crowd, Fate gets sweet revenge, and Carim-moe FTMFW!!!!
So do you want MORE? I bet you want MORE

====================

Quote:
Thanks.

Anyway, to be clearer about Twin Zamber Strike, here's a video where it was pasta'd from.

~~~~~~

LOG # --number corrupted--: Yui's Near Death Experience or The Truth of Why The Tentacle Wizard Pack Was Removed.

Aurion: There that should work. How are you feeling?
Yui: [Better.]
Aur: That was close. I thought we lost you for a second there. After all, the wizard pack was way beyond serviceable. Boy am I curious. Just what did Kha and Fate do to you to reduce Tais and you to that crumpled mess, even when using only non-lethal magic attacks...
Yui: [I think I am able. File located, playback recovery... Complete. Proceed?]
Shari: Go ahead.

Yui: [Understood. As it turned out, in response to Tais' latest incursion...]

*plays recording and automatically splices in poppy SRW bg music*
Spoiler for Recording:
*ends recording*

Subaru: (mecha fangirl mode) Sugoi!!!
S&W: Chairman does it again! TWIN ZAMBER STRIKE FTW!!!
Other Aces: (applause)
Aurion: Wow.
Mabiko: Sure brings back memories...
Shinji: Encore!

Mai: ... (sips green tea with milk)

Nice.

~~~~~~

Hikki: tentacles on Fate? ....... wait a minute. I think I had seen a video like it before.
Kha:
Fate:
Hikki: *turns to Hayate* where's the DVD you promised to lend me yesterday?
Hayate: *takes out the DVD, entitled The Sleeping Lyrical* here you go.
Fate: *executes Sonic Move & snatches the DVD from Hayate's hand*
Hayate: ...............................................
Hikki: .........................................
Everyone else: ...............................................
Hikki: Fate.
Fate: what????
Hikki: are you alright?
Fate: I-I-I'm alright! See?
Hikki: then hand over the DVD.
Fate: but why would you want to watch it now?
Hikki: because I thought I had seen the very same scene in it. That's why--
Kha: *strangles Hikki* let's just say we don't need to watch the DVD for today. Right, Fate?
Fate: *nods frantically* sou! sou! We;re done with our briefing! Ahahahahahaha!
Hikki: you're hiding something!
Fate/Kha: NO WE'RE NOT!
Hikki: *let go off Kha* that's it. Now you're up into it. I am the bone of my maelstrom. Thunder is my body, and storm is my blood...
Shin: everybody RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!
Old 2007-06-19, 22:04   Link #2295
Reiji Tabibito
The OTHER Time Lord

Quote:
Oh? Right on then Will wait for her profile

Btw, you any plans of joining any one of the Combo Stories here?
Re: Combo Stories

I AM interested. But there's about five or six running right now (I think), so if you could spell them out for me, I'd be happy to tell you which ones.

@11:10 PM - Gotta go: see y'all tomorrow.
Old 2007-06-19, 22:14   Link #2296
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
So do you want MORE? I bet you want MORE
But of course master!

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500

Hikki: tentacles on Fate? ....... wait a minute. I think I had seen a video like it before.
Kha:
Fate:
Kha: *strangles Hikki* let's just say we don't need to watch the DVD for today. Right, Fate?
Hikki: *let go off Kha* that's it. Now you're up into it. I am the bone of my maelstrom. Thunder is my body, and storm is my blood...
Mai: ...

*Puts live octopus wrapped on a chopstick in her mouth*

Tentacles.

*Watches explosions all over the place*

Quote:
Re: Combo Stories

I AM interested. But there's about five or six running right now (I think), so if you could spell them out for me, I'd be happy to tell you which ones.
I know of at least 4 major ones, each covering the subject of a certain enemy:

- Crosys, which deals with the threat of the Necrons
- I-n's, which focuses on the Einst
- There's also Reinforce Revived
- And finally, Serge

Old 2007-06-19, 22:18   Link #2297
KBTKaiser

I know this got lost in the backlogs like...700+ posts back, but I'm requesting permission to join the Reinforce Revival group. >>;
Old 2007-06-19, 22:39   Link #2298
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
I think I need help in writing profiles. Seems like I suck even more at writing profiles than at writing comedy. Here is a semi complete profile of another of my mention characters Director Tsuzuki.

Spoiler for Director Tsuzuki:

I'll update this when I get more inspiration.
Nice! Crazy attitude with a crazy-cool device. And the Enforcer exam...
Good job!

Quote:
Cant wait to read about that.

Everyone is thinking how to beat Serge. I like that. lol
I'm not thinking of beating him. But I'm not letting him get the upper hand. It's a bargain of neutrality both ways after all.

Quote:
Hey all! I've been watching this forum for a while (about 2 weeks), and I decided it's time I threw my hat into the ring. So here I am, rocking like a hurricane!

Don't worry about the backlog, like I said, I've been keeping up (). I've got some OCs in the works right now, so pretty soon I'll be able to join the insanity! YAY!
Welcome! Hope you enjoy your stay and be successful in beating backlogs.

Quote:

COOL! But I think I won't be able to join. I have quite a hectic schedule in real life at the moment.

Quote:
But...

Kha: (puts down report) You never told me that was in the syllabus.
Fate: (turns pale) Er... No... That was never in the training course... I survived it, just don't go and lob his head off or something...Kha theoretically has 6 forms, the current 3, and the future 3 which replaces them when the God Empress (or an equivalent) is found. Post StrikerS development though, so it'll be a while.

No problem. Been sick all day yesterday, so didn't get anything done. Getting onto it soon.

@Reiji: Welcome!

@Erio: WHAAAAT!!! By H*****, that sounds like fun! Too bad I won't be able to join in until this Sunday. BRB!

---New intelligence data updated---

If Kha never knew Holy magic, he'd be a Fusion mage, geared towards supporting other mages, possibly fusing with them like a Unison Device, and being able to sense their magical fluctuations is able to coordinate and perform unbelievable combination attacks.

Let's look at some of them today, starting with the Aces. It helps to imagine it happening with SRW Alpha-type poppy animation.
Spoiler for Preview - "Codex: Dämonjäger":

Sorry Nighty!!! That was toooooo irresistible...
PWNAGE!!!

Very cool attacks there, Kha. Especially the TLBS.

Quote:
Anyway, to be clearer about Twin Zamber Strike, here's a video where it was pasta'd from.

~~~~~~

LOG # --number corrupted--: Yui's Near Death Experience or The Truth of Why The Tentacle Wizard Pack Was Removed.

Aurion: There that should work. How are you feeling?
Yui: [Better.]
Aur: That was close. I thought we lost you for a second there. After all, the wizard pack was way beyond serviceable. Boy am I curious. Just what did Kha and Fate do to you to reduce Tais and you to that crumpled mess, even when using only non-lethal magic attacks...
Yui: [I think I am able. File located, playback recovery... Complete. Proceed?]
Shari: Go ahead.

Yui: [Understood. As it turned out, in response to Tais' latest incursion...]

*plays recording and automatically splices in poppy SRW bg music*
Spoiler for Recording:
*ends recording*

Subaru: (mecha fangirl mode) Sugoi!!!
S&W: Chairman does it again! TWIN ZAMBER STRIKE FTW!!!
Other Aces: (applause)
Aurion: Wow.
Mabiko: Sure brings back memories...
Shinji: Encore!

Mai: ... (sips green tea with milk)

Nice.

~~~~~~

Royally FUBAR'd

Quote:

Sooo.. Whaddya think?
Cool. Can't wait for their profiles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
Kha:
Fate:

What's with him? Is that a variation of the ARMSTRONG SYNDROME?

Quote:
Mai: ...

*Puts live octopus wrapped on a chopstick in her mouth*

Tentacles.

*Watches explosions all over the place*

@KBT You want to join? Nothing wrong with that. Though we might need to rethink a whole lot of things. Not to mention really screwing up the power balance. Reinforce is not to last much longer in this realm, after all. Her fight with Aurion being an exception to the rule due to the agreement of two other people besides herself. (I'll explain later) Though Mabiko meeting Serge and Saga are must sees. The real problem I see is that Mabiko uses so many things that barely adheres to the Laws of magic in the Nanohaverse. We were heavily basing it on a close-as-possible AU scenario from StrikerS, trying not to deviate too much from the current pre-set statistics and elements. So Mabiko would be quite a wild card that far surpasses Serge's level of unexpected factor there.

I'll wait for Kha, Nightengale, Keroko and An Hero's decisions. As for me, you can say I've given you a 'please do as you wish' token, so that would count as a point.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2007-06-19 at 23:37.
Old 2007-06-19, 23:37   Link #2299
KBTKaiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
@KBT You want to join? Nothing wrong with that. Though we might need to rethink a whole lot of things. Not to mention really screwing up the power balance. Reinforce is not to last much longer in this realm, after all. Her fight with Aurion being an exception to the rule due to the agreement of two other people besides herself. (I'll explain later) Though Mabiko meeting Serge and Saga are must sees. The real problem I see is that Mabiko uses so many things that barely adheres to the Laws of magic in the Nanohaverse. We were heavily basing it on a close-as-possible AU scenario from StrikerS, trying not to deviate too much from the current pre-set statistics and elements. So Mabiko would be quite a wild card that far surpasses Serge's level of unexpected factor there.

I'll wait for Kha, Nightengale, Keroko and An Hero's decisions. As for me, you can say I've given you an 'please do as you wish' token, so that would count as a point.
Well, any physical projectile that the armament sets previously had has been converted to a Magical equivalent, more or less, which leaves the melee equipment with innately enchanted magic and such. In a sense, you could even say that The Power is a huge external magic source, Kusanagi and Murakumo being the conduits of access to it. Basically, Mabiko would sorta function like a cross of abilities between... Signum and Fate, I guess?

...I think I'm confusing myself now...
Old 2007-06-19, 23:54   Link #2300
Satty
Slash!

@Reji: That made me want to put in what the heck the 216th does...so here it is. Some spoilers on characters I'll be doing profiles of someday, if not ever.

Spoiler for Unit and some upcoming profiles:

Done...took me a long time...now to go eat and get ready for summer school tomorrow

Last edited by Satty; 2007-07-01 at 19:56.
Closed Thread