Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2010-04-27, 05:11   Link #23161
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
We're talking about Bonzo's comic? I thought we were talking about the birthday day Picture drama.

Uhh... Confirm? and on topic? I don't know?
I was
the PD is the first time kallen and suzkau fight on the same side against an enemy
Old 2010-04-27, 11:12   Link #23162
Knightrunner

Kozu Kozu right hook because the Guren and the pilot has to match hits

I find it kind of interesting that Kallen was able to match Zero's voice as Lelouch while Suzaku didn't.

Anybody's thoughts about it?
Old 2010-04-27, 11:19   Link #23163
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
Kozu Kozu right hook because the Guren and the pilot has to match hits

I find it kind of interesting that Kallen was able to match Zero's voice as Lelouch while Suzaku didn't.

Anybody's thoughts about it?
what are you talking about ?
Old 2010-04-27, 11:36   Link #23164
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
what are you talking about ?
Remember in the first season episode 3 Kallen suspected Lelouch was that mysterious voice while Suzaku didn't really suspect anything until near the end of season 1.

Euphie was able to distinguish Zero was Lelouch too. Just by the way he talked and possible the voice.
Old 2010-04-27, 11:39   Link #23165
Meatrose
Antihero

She suspected him due to the fact he told her not to mention the Shinjuku incident to anyone else. He thought he would be able to use his Geass again but that was the time he learned about one of its limits.
Old 2010-04-27, 11:40   Link #23166
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
It's like nobody was able to recon Bunny tsukino from sailor moon or the other sailor girls and the differences were zero.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 11:50   Link #23167
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
I guess your right, it would be the first time they fought on the same side.

But from the sounds of it, they would rather be fighting each other.

Kallen: You all know what this bad ass mother can do!

Suzaku: .... Be very afraid?

Uhh, ignore that.

I would hate to sound like a raging pervert, but I would love to see Kallen do Kozu Kozu Kick Or would it be Kozu Kozu right hook? Ahem, I know I'm not helping.
Seems like they can get along well though considering with all the things they went throught. Kallen and Suzaku are destine to be together weither they are enemies, allies, friends, classmates, knightmare battling, etc.

There rivalary and proving they can work together shows development.
Old 2010-04-27, 12:57   Link #23168
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Seems like they can get along well though considering with all the things they went throught. Kallen and Suzaku are destine to be together weither they are enemies, allies, friends, classmates, knightmare battling, etc.

There rivalary and proving they can work together shows development.
i still say that post Z-R, under the right conditions, you can add something else to the list
Old 2010-04-27, 13:24   Link #23169
lovelyzombie
you gotta know the enemy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
i still say that post Z-R, under the right conditions, you can add something else to the list
Yeah in fanfiction planet. Did you miss the part where Kallen says she will never forget Lelouch because she is a smart <dump you ask me> lovesick to wait for him in afterlife? Unless that involves nocturnal activities with Suzaku. Why are people not sticking to the canon these years? When there is canon material the line that follows should be "it is canon, period." not "i know BUT under this circumstances etc etc" NO just no. It is canon, we stick to that. And Kallen has repeatedly expressed her genius love ideas about "Zeroooooo-Rurusssshu" in the anime itself, in materials in PDS.
lovelyzombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 16:25   Link #23170
Kittenlady

Under better circumstances (ie. not on different sides in the middle of a war, which is how the series ends), I think Suzaku and Kallen would actually get on very well. And they did have their fair share of Fo-yay in the anime.

Kallen's only 18, expecting her to practically be a widow for the rest of her life FOR THE SAKE OF TWU LUV is a bit much. And rather mean. Mourning Lelouch for the rest of her life would be miserable for her, she should get over it and be happy.
Kittenlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 16:44   Link #23171
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Regarding Kallen being an widow or what not. For myself it ain't that important. Series ended with Kallen still being in love with Lelouch. Everything released after the series further supported this. She didn't fall for no one else. Given everything that happened(remember Kallen at one point wasn't going to move on without an answer anyway in turn 21) I wouldn't be surprised at all. Now if Kallen loved someone else in the series romantically, I'll be ok with it.

And I wouldn't say Kallen would be mourning being sad, crying all day. She seemed content with her feelings and going ahead with her life. I've seen many characters in other series content with their own feelings.

If people want Kallen to love someone else write an fanfic. That's all it is really. I can say Ougi and Villetta will get divorced and so on with these possibilities. I rather stick within the series and what's supported in materials. Feelings of willing to die with someone don't go away easily. Not many people even get to that point.

Last edited by SonOfHeaven; 2010-04-27 at 16:59.
SonOfHeaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 16:45   Link #23172
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

lost love hurts for a while, but after a couple of years, i kinda think she'd be able to move on
she wouldn't FORGET Lelouch
but whats the point of getting a chance to live her life to the fullest if she stays chained to the past forever
Old 2010-04-27, 16:46   Link #23173
Knightrunner

I think Kallen will move on shortly, but I think the next guy that wants to date her will have to be special because subconciously he will be competing against lelouch. It does not seem like Kallen is depress about lelouch, just a subconcious thought like "I remember doing this with lelouch". She seemed alright in the PD when she was reading that book while the guren was being fixed up.
Old 2010-04-27, 16:47   Link #23174
lovelyzombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittenlady View Post
Under better circumstances (ie. not on different sides in the middle of a war, which is how the series ends), I think Suzaku and Kallen would actually get on very well. And they did have their fair share of Fo-yay in the anime.

Kallen's only 18, expecting her to practically be a widow for the rest of her life FOR THE SAKE OF TWU LUV is a bit much. And rather mean. Mourning Lelouch for the rest of her life would be miserable for her, she should get over it and be happy.
It is not about what i am expecting, it is about what is FRIGGING PRESENTED IN THE FRIGGING SHOW. Really, i am not really the person that will jump on debates but Jesus and his mom Mary, know how much i dislike it when official stuff, are being cornered just cause.
What did Kallen say? That she will never forget Lelouch. Why would i wanna change what the history of the show showed? Lemme think, i don;t know, cause i wanna shit on the official.

It is ONE thing, to like something and a totally different thing to justify what you liking when you have nothing in your hands.
If Kallen had shut her spiky mouth and never said anything, we could talk about a lot of possibilities. But she never shut it and said things she said. Things that make her love future with someone else non-existant.

Now, you can like and you can ship her even with Arthur if you want, but do not try to alter one's chara characteristics. Show showed something, period.
Old 2010-04-27, 16:54   Link #23175
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
I think Kallen will move on shortly, but I think the next guy that wants to date her will have to be special because subconciously he will be competing against lelouch. It does not seem like Kallen is depress about lelouch, just a subconcious thought like "I remember doing this with lelouch". She seemed alright in the PD when she was reading that book while the guren was being fixed up.
just as anyone who ever gets into a relationship with suzaku would have to be compared to euphie.

part of why i think this pairing IS a pretty good option is because this compation so clearly does NOT apply here
trying to compare suzaku and lelouch is about as hard as trying to compare kallen with euphie
both cases are so COMPLETELY different, that any attempt to compare them is simply not possible

at the same time, kallen and suzaku ARE similer to each other
can relate to one another
and if there is anyone that either of them could respect as an equel, then it would be each other
thats part of why i think this could work under the right conditions
Old 2010-04-27, 17:14   Link #23176
Knightrunner

Bladeofdarkness: I can see what you mean about the comparison thing, but Suzaku is too emo at times and his beliefs can be a problem. He can be very stubburn, hard-headed, unforgiving, with idological traits. Traits I wouldn't really ship. Loyalty can be questionable at times plus he helped aid Britania at its worst. He has to many sins to be with other people. He should learn how to accept blame, fix the problem logically, and fix problems that are morally wrong.

Kallen and Suzaku maybe similar at some points, but their reasoning and actions are completely different.
Old 2010-04-27, 17:20   Link #23177
Kittenlady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres
Honestly speaking, pairings are pairings. Disclosing one over another is simply arrogant at best. I would love to see actual facts against a pairing (Cluclu has been disclosed, I do believe.) and only then will I actually believe as such.

I don't come to expect much. Just a lot of forceful views, really. but I love Kallen regardless. I would personally love to see people try to make me stop loving Karai, though that is doubtful.
Yeah, you'd think that considering how ambiguous the series was when it came to romance, the shippers would be less aggressive. I think it's more fun to like all the characters and agree that shipping is all about 'philiosophical differences'.

Quote:
Good summary, that's how I think it should be. It always just irritates me when people assume that Post-series she's all mopey and weepy, and can't possibly be happy with anyone but Lelouch. It wouldn't bother me if it weren't so out of character. She obviously really really loved her brother, and obviously missed him, but she still got on with her life. I like to think it's the same with Lelouch because that's a positive way to live your life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelyzombie View Post
It is not about what i am expecting, it is about what is FRIGGING PRESENTED IN THE FRIGGING SHOW. Really, i am not really the person that will jump on debates but Jesus and his mom Mary, know how much i dislike it when official stuff, are being cornered just cause.
What did Kallen say? That she will never forget Lelouch. Why would i wanna change what the history of the show showed? Lemme think, i don;t know, cause i wanna shit on the official.

It is ONE thing, to like something and a totally different thing to justify what you liking when you have nothing in your hands.
If Kallen had shut her spiky mouth and never said anything, we could talk about a lot of possibilities. But she never shut it and said things she said. Things that make her love future with someone else non-existant.

Now, you can like and you can ship her even with Arthur if you want, but do not try to alter one's chara characteristics. Show showed something, period.
Didn't understand most of that

Who said anything about forgetting anyone? I just think it's silly to presume that she can't be with anyone else after Lelouch even though he's dead. What I said wasn't particularly directed at you, but looking now it does seem like you were insinuating that. Either way there's no need to get so defensive~

And I know it's unpopular around here, but if what's canon is so important, then Kallen-Gino had quite a bit of hinting to it. Just putting that out there. EDIT: Or ignore this. Shipping wars are bad bad bad.
Kittenlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 17:24   Link #23178
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Bladeofdarkness: I can see what you mean about the comparison thing, but Suzaku is too emo at times and his beliefs can be a problem. He can be very stubburn, hard-headed, unforgiving, with idological traits. Traits I wouldn't really ship. Loyalty can be questionable at times plus he helped aid Britania at its worst. He has to many sins to be with other people. He should learn how to accept blame, fix the problem logically, and fix problems that are morally wrong.

Kallen and Suzaku maybe similar at some points, but their reasoning and actions are completely different.
part of the whole deal with suzaku in the last arc is that he comes to terms with just how fucked up he was
thats why he's stuck as zero for the rest of his life
the whole POINT about the last arc is that its the two of them trying to atone for all their sins

Quote:
Kallen-Gino had quite a bit of hinting to it. Just putting that out there.
no there wasn't
the only "hint" is gino saying she's just his type in a party
not only is there no hint of kallen feeling the same
even gino seems to switch from "romantic interest" to "lets have fun killing each other" by mid season
there is no hints
Old 2010-04-27, 17:24   Link #23179
lovelyzombie

Quote:

And I know it's unpopular around here, but if what's canon is so important, then Kallen-Gino had quite a bit of hinting to it. Just putting that out there.
Let me guess. The two convos they shared and that Gino saved her in the last battle from falling in the land right? Riiight.
Well, honestly i do not really give a damn about shipping and i do not think Kallen was much suitable for it, too lovesick you ask me. Not as much as Shirley, but generally, the way the girls were mushing around Lelouch was totally smelling desperation.
I am mostly ticked off though, when fandom ignores official. But anyway, this is going around circles, in the end you want to believe what you want to believe, despite of what being shown.
Old 2010-04-27, 17:38   Link #23180
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Who said anything about forgetting anyone? I just think it's silly to presume that she can't be with anyone else after Lelouch even though he's dead.
This.

It was never said that Kallen would remain single her whole life. Lelouch wanted her to be happy, and she knows that. So, if she ever feels like entering into a relationship or having children, she will most likely do so.
Now, I can see Kallen leading a happy life without a new love interest, but there's nothing stopping her from honouring Lelouch's memory and dating someone at the same time. It works.

The only problem I have with KallenxSuzaku is that Suzaku is "dead". Him having a great love life and whatever else seems about as much compatible with the spirit of Zero Requiem to me as Lelouch being called back from the dead to live on a farm with C.C. (though it would probably be a lot less random xD). But... interpretations, I suppose.