Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2010-04-30, 02:33   Link #23281
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelyzombie View Post
Well, the only thing i did enjoy in R2, cause it was basically shit in a lot of occassions, is that Lelouch was not into the school to tease Kallen much and waste screentime like this. Something that of course, was wasted with OMG I AM TOPPING YOU and shit like that, but whatever. I have to be honest though and agreed with what you said. Lelouch did like Kallen and came to like her more since she was his pilot and got to see all the aspects of her personalities. I guess it was fun for him teasing her with his Lelouch persona and Kallen responding like that. SC was an added bonus to that, gave him more of an excuse to tease her more. Haha, i remember that Stage by the way. Was fun, probably because it led to that amazing massacre from Euphie but anyway.
:'(
/Sad Loli.

You didn't like Kalulu ? Be careful, rumors says I'm terrifying with non Kalulu fans.
Actually, while some dislike it, I enjoy the fac t this anime was a mix of everything. Sure the staff wanted to attract as many fans as they could and it ended up in a samba party, but that deserved my interests.

Man, I need to find this amazing post Celess made in season 1 about Kallen and Lelouch being neither Kozuki/Vi Britannia or Statfeld/Lamperouge, but just Kallen and Lelouch around each other.
Couldn't help but being true to each other, could they ? (That's a rethorical question, You don't seem to share the same interest as me XD)

Talking about Euphie, I can't help but think It's awesome Kallen was the only person she ever met. In the only "reversed pairings" of the season. And they couldn't stand each other. Man, they were so ready to forget about the boys and catfight on this Island, I'd pay to see that :'D

Anyway, even if You found it annoying, I'm glad the Kalulu truth hit you o/
But in the same time, when it comes to Lelouch, Kallen got the force of the mutual kiss on her side, so you have to be blinded by something to not acknowledge that.
No, really, Glad to see you agree.

@Yvj : Oh, Why So Awesome ?
It's not only about Gino Yvj, I read backwards and I saw some terrible things about Kallen/Suzaku.
That's all I have to say about them.

...I think Lelouch was the only one who could stand a chance with her.
At least he is the only one who survived without scratchs and broken limbs after being at close distance of our resident badass mother :')

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 02:50   Link #23282
Sol Falling

:P A Kallen/Euphie catfight would indeed be quite something. Speaking of Suzaku managing to 'survive' a relationship with Kallen though, that clip is only representative of when he's embracing his masochism (i.e. sure, Kallen beat him up...but he liked it lol :P). Suzaku pinning a nekkid Kallen to the ground like in that 'reversed pairings' situation you mentioned would be a better example of what they'd usually be like--though I don't deny Kallen'd be topping Suzaku sometimes. You're right though, there aren't many people who could survive a close up encounter, let alone relationship, with Kallen; that's why Suzaku, as one of the rare exceptions, might make a good match with her.

:P Don't mean to pick a fight with any of you Kalulu's. Just saying, after the series, with Lelouch dead and all--hell, they might find some compassion and understanding remembering him together (not like almost anybody else is gonna be thinking back on him positively).
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 03:01   Link #23283
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
:P A Kallen/Euphie catfight would indeed be quite something. Speaking of Suzaku managing to 'survive' a relationship with Kallen though, that clip is only representative of when he's embracing his masochism (i.e. sure, Kallen beat him up...but he liked it lol :P). Suzaku pinning a nekkid Kallen to the ground like in that 'reversed pairings' situation you mentioned would be a better example of what they'd usually be like--though I don't deny Kallen'd be topping Suzaku sometimes. You're right though, there aren't many people who could survive a close up encounter, let alone relationship, with Kallen; that's why Suzaku, as one of the rare exceptions, might make a good match with her.

:P Don't mean to pick a fight with any of you Kalulu's. Just saying, after the series, with Lelouch dead and all--hell, they might find some compassion and understanding remembering him together (not like almost anybody else is gonna be thinking back on him positively).
Your way to begin your lines by ":P" makes me lol. I have no idea why though.
It's cute. *off*
Actually I don't have any problem with kallen/Suzaku. I just think it's a bit hypocrit to argue against Kallen/man/Gino while being all open to Kallen/Suzaku.
I don't think Kallen needs to find compassion in anyone. Her post material serie made it clear, while her poem was a bit depressing, her song was upbeat (despite some terrible lyrics :'( ) and in PD, she seems to be fine. I don't see her seeking comfort near Suzaku or anyone.

If the girl had to hook up with someone in the future (but she might die in a car crash as well :') I think it would be with someone totally out of the loop, who wasn't part of the conflict and who never knew Lelouch.
Makes more sense to me. After, those are just speculations so go figure out who's wrong and what's right :P

Old 2010-04-30, 06:14   Link #23284
lovelyzombie
you gotta know the enemy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
Actually I don't have any problem with kallen/Suzaku. I just think it's a bit hypocrit to argue against Kallen/man/Gino while being all open to Kallen/Suzaku.
It kind of is actually. If you are gonna generalize in relationships about someone that has clearly said she will always love the one she stole his jacket from, because ok Kallen has stolen Lelouch's S1 jacket DUH, generalize about EVERY boy she interacted then or something.
Oh lol that reminded me, another reason why Kallen and Lelouch is canon. (humour me, i do not really mean it of course, i just find Kalulu fans extremely hilarious and funny)
#93 : Cause she stole his jacket.
Haha, nice. Why doesn't everyone go with random numbering too and random facts they made up with? Could be funny.
lovelyzombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 06:49   Link #23285
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
last i checked, he GAVE her his jacket
C.C was the one who stole it in season 1, but kallen didn't need to steal it
Lelouch likes it when she wears his clothes

as for the reason suzaku is more likely then gino
just off the top of my head i can give you 5 reasons

1)they are both japanese, and despite being on different sides, both have always been fighting for what they think is best for japan and its people (kallen even lampshades it in their final battle)

2)they had that little talk in ep 19 of season 1 which showed both to be considerably more open towards each other then anyone else
kallen had never before been shown to question whether what she's doing is about justice, and kallen becomes the first person we know of who suzaku willingly told about murdering his father
if this was a gundam anime, they would have ended up a couple after that one

3)suzaku actually points out that he finds kallen's real personality much more charming (which is better then gino's "she's hot, just my type", since its about her actual personality rather then her looks)

4)both are equals in piloting skills, and both seem to have a grudging respect of that fact
both admit at different points that they are the only ones capable of fighting each other
and even gino admits in ep 24 that his only role was to allow it

5)by the end of the show, both know the truth about Lelouch, while gino (and the rest of the world) remains clueless
kallen is more likely to sympathize with a guy who understands Lelouch's death to be a tragedy rather then a cause for celebration

and thats just off the top of my head
while kalulu is much more likely then suzaku and kallen hooking up
its a different beast altogether then kagino
which has virtually no basis at all apart from gino stating the obvious by pointing out that kallen is hot, and then demonstrating how shallow he is by declaring that because she's hot, she must be his type
Old 2010-04-30, 07:04   Link #23286
lovelyzombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
last i checked, he GAVE her his jacket
C.C was the one who stole it in season 1, but kallen didn't need to steal it
Lelouch likes it when she wears his clothes
She stole it in the end. She got it under her bed. Reliable information thar.

Quote:
while kalulu is much more likely then suzaku and kallen hooking up
But Kalulu did happen in a way. Do not compare different things, or rather, phrase it better.
Old 2010-04-30, 07:26   Link #23287
Ten-Go

I'll never believe that Kallen is a girl who could be with man killed his father being a 10 yrs old child "in the sake of Japan"...

I'm not talking about moral here (Zero's action were even more bad from this point), just about matters of mental health and stability.
Ten-Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 07:32   Link #23288
lovelyzombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
Oh, I like you. Most definitely logical.

No, I'm not being sarcastic this time. You did point out something and you corrected it in a equal term.

Kalulu did happen, just probably not in the way some *looks at yvj* of us wanted it to.
I can post in srs if i want, i just don't do it most of the times. I am usually loling towards people that try to make their points with walls of text and stuff to be honest. Simple lines, can reach the point too. (and i do not care if people will like me or not but anyway.)

Geass was a mech anime, of course it was not gonna have much explicit romance. The amount it did have though, allows certain fanbases to cheer and certain others...not to cheer much. Go figure.
Old 2010-04-30, 07:45   Link #23289
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten-Go View Post
I'll never believe that Kallen is a girl who could be with man killed his father being a 10 yrs old child "in the sake of Japan"...

I'm not talking about moral here (Zero's action were even more bad from this point), just about matters of mental health and stability.
because kallen is of course, the paragon of mental health and stability
and would never ever fall for a guy who's got more mental issues then he's got brain cells

suzaku is not praticularly more damaged then Lelouch was

Quote:
But Kalulu did happen in a way. Do not compare different things, or rather, phrase it better.
i by kalulu i ment kallen continuing to be a widow for the rest of her life
Old 2010-04-30, 08:02   Link #23290
Ten-Go

Quote:
because kallen is of course, the paragon of mental health and stability
I think it was a sarcasm, right? Anyway, Kallen's behavior over the series could be described in the context of psychiatrical norm (just as Lelouch's, I must add).
Suzaku's case is much harder, really.
Old 2010-04-30, 08:16   Link #23291
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

kallen starts the show already having given up on life (as her poem makes clear)
and Lelouch is even more messed up, as evident by the fact that the first thing he does after taking human lives for the first time is do a slasher smile

suzaku might be more in denial about what he's really after
but he isn't THAT much more damaged then Lelouch is (who is still having nightmares about the day he was exiled almost a decade later)
Suzaku wants to die because he hates himself, and uses the idea of "changing the system" as an excuse
Lelouch wants to destroy his country because of what his father did to him, and uses his little sister as an excuse
Old 2010-04-30, 08:24   Link #23292
Ten-Go

Quote:
kallen starts the show already having given up on life (as her poem makes clear)
and Lelouch is even more messed up, as evident by the fact that the first thing he does after taking human lives for the first time is do a slasher smile

suzaku might be more in denial about what he's really after
but he isn't THAT much more damaged then Lelouch is (who is still having nightmares about the day he was exiled almost a decade later)
Suzaku wants to die because he hates himself, and uses the idea of "changing the system" as an excuse
Lelouch wants to destroy his country because of what his father did to him, and uses his little sister as an excuse
I think it is pointless to continue in that way. You have your own opinion, and I respect it. Some posts earlier I have even agreed for SuzakuxKallen, but in the very special overview =)
Kallen for herself knows better what to do in future.

If you want to talk more about character's mental health in context of modern medicine, I'll apreciate it, but we should choose a thread carefully =)
Old 2010-04-30, 08:27   Link #23293
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

i wasn't saying kallen's insane
i was saying that suzaku being less then of sound mental health is not an obstacle given that the last guy she fell for was VERY damaged himself
and given everything thats happened between them, i think she might be able to better relate to suzaku then anyone else would
and definitely a lot more then towards gino, who's completely in the dark about everything

thats all
Old 2010-04-30, 08:31   Link #23294
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Hmm, I like the moment mentioned.

This awesome moment where, back in the first season, Stage 2, Lelouch was already twirling the Queen piece in his hand when talking to Kallen.

He is not only a genius, he is a medium. Now if this dumbass forgot about his lame ZR (I'm sorry. I doubt peace will last this way. Well, we can always daydream about that but really, I know Lelouch's ego and I think this time he went a bit far :/) he could have marry the Queen (and a japanese Queen ! Amazing political symbol !) and rule the world toward a path of peace and prosperty.

ALL HAIL LELOUCH.

Yeah but no.
Now sure, the guy is damaged, but Suzaku is a maso who killed his father. Lelouch had his parents disappearing after they pulled their crap on him and the world. And he killed them through magic powers, it's not really at Suzaku's level.

Let's face it, Suzaku is crazy (okay like half od the cast but STILL). I hope Nunnally will be able to heal the guy and they'll leave happily ever after. SuzaNunna is way more possible that KaSuza will ever be.

Suzaku is so taken.
And I refuse a KasuzaNunna. It's KanunnaLulu, and that's it.

Old 2010-04-30, 08:36   Link #23295
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

not going to argue the merits of suzaku and nunnaly on the kallen thread
i've already made my point before
and the IMPORETNT part about what i was getting at was that suzaku and kallen is infinetly more likely the kallen and gino
thats it
Old 2010-04-30, 08:55   Link #23296
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
not going to argue the merits of suzaku and nunnaly on the kallen thread
i've already made my point before
and the IMPORETNT part about what i was getting at was that suzaku and kallen is infinetly more likely the kallen and gino
thats it
Kallen and Gino being unlikely, I don't see the point in comparing that to KaSuza.
The point of Kallen's last material is about her never forgetting M. High and Mighty, and she wasn't looking for comfort of any sort, so, unless it's far in the future, with a total foreigner of this whole mess, I don't see why she'd hook up with Suzaku or Gino.

Gino is impossible and Suzaku is close to impossible as well + The Nunally factor. (from what we saw at the very end of couse. fanon can make it possible so, come on guys, Fics are waiting for you )

Let's forget about het. I'm asking for Kallen/Nunally.
More likely than all of the others ships :')
They can seek comfort in one another. And when C.C. come back, she can join too.
Stupid C.C., she should have hook up with Kallen and play Lelouch's angels with her in a spin off. Ahhh, what a shame :/

BTW, I read an amazing fic where Lelouch sent C.C. looking for Kallen so that she could become his Queen. That was a very well written fic, still one of my favs :')

Old 2010-04-30, 08:59   Link #23297
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
But at last, after all this time, my comic still remain the only fan-story with a COMPLETE kalulu?
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 09:03   Link #23298
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
But at last, after all this time, my comic still remain the only fan-story with a COMPLETE kalulu?
No. There are plenty of doujins (the amazing "Kaleidoscope"one // ) and plenty of amazings fics.

Ahh, just talking about Kaleidoscope gives me the need to read it again >_<
I'd have never think of a reincarnation doujin for them and yet it works so perfectly >_< Need to ask the author in marriage, I'll be back :')

Old 2010-04-30, 09:59   Link #23299
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
No. There are plenty of doujins (the amazing "Kaleidoscope"one // ) and plenty of amazings fics.

Ahh, just talking about Kaleidoscope gives me the need to read it again >_<
I'd have never think of a reincarnation doujin for them and yet it works so perfectly >_< Need to ask the author in marriage, I'll be back :')
I see, but remember, my idea of COMPLETE kalulu is like a marriage, a family, that kind of stuff, a love story with a complete ending.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 10:54   Link #23300
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
The political symbol of marrying a japanese woman and ascending her into royalty could have been so much easier... So many more lives could have been saved. (Lelouch probably didn't care, but I'm certain Kallen did.) The plus to this equation is peace could have been achieved while still forfeiting the noble system and maintaining a monarchy.

God dammit Lelouch, your a dumbass for such a genius :/
Unfortunately, all hopes of that ended the moment the Black Knights decided to betray Lelouch, with Kallen in the crossfire, and Lelouch lying that she was a pawn to save her.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote