AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-19, 21:26   Link #2321
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
Well, a best place to end it is half-way or at the end of college. As everyone said, there's still the rivalries to deal with and there's the parents... It's going to be like Meet the Fockers... >.>
Old 2007-04-19, 22:27   Link #2322
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Well, Meet the fockers ended well so hopefully this will too. So am I alone in this feeling that they won't end up together in the end?
Old 2007-04-19, 23:00   Link #2323
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom-Takaya View Post
...there's still the rivalries to deal with and there's the parents... It's going to be like Meet the Fockers... >.>
Gee, I wonder if "Asahina" sounds as funny in Japanese as "Focker" does in English....?
Old 2007-04-19, 23:18   Link #2324
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Gaylord Focker
Old 2007-04-20, 00:10   Link #2325
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
I've refrained from thinking ahead or having gut feelings about the ending for this story. Of course, I'm hoping it has a good ending and Suzuka and Yamato stay together, though yes, there's moments in the story that it seems that everything's going to fall apart and the story is going to end with Suzuka and Yamato apart. But, it seems their relationship gets strong each time with each resolution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mughi View Post
Gee, I wonder if "Asahina" sounds as funny in Japanese as "Focker" does in English....?
You didn't watch the anime? o.O Asa-hee-na. If anything, the ones closest to the Fockers would be Yamato's side... >.> So, A-key-tsu-key. >.>
Old 2007-04-20, 00:37   Link #2326
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I just hope that if they don't stay as a couple that they at least stay good friends.
Old 2007-04-20, 01:33   Link #2327
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

I personally think that that's a lot of wasted effort to realy end it just like that.
Old 2007-04-20, 13:38   Link #2328
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I do too, but you never know these days.
Old 2007-04-20, 21:42   Link #2329
all-bout-nishino!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
The morning after was priceless. Even though I had to read it raw, it was a fairly easy chapter to understand. The way he couldn't believe it the next morning was priceless. And yeah there is a bumpy road ahead but I hope in the end they can get through it.

Anyways here is that smile everyone likes.

you know, my first impression of this page was when i was looking at her hand. imo, they kinda focused on her LEFT hand and its in a position that one would show a RING if one would have one

so do you guys think that an engagement will be in store for them soon?
Old 2007-04-20, 21:49   Link #2330
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Old 2007-04-21, 01:31   Link #2331
darktox

Not before defeating Arima I think.
Old 2007-04-21, 03:07   Link #2332
Chavenz
CHA-LA! HEAD-CHA-LA!

Maybe marriage will happen soon.. let's say after they get into College?
Old 2007-04-21, 07:11   Link #2333
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

I don't think he will defeat Arima some things aren't destined to happen. Especially as sports manga goes. And that is a component if not a major one of Suzuka.
Old 2007-04-21, 09:24   Link #2334
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Eh, not sure on that but I think an engagement would be a nice way to finish the series.
Old 2007-04-21, 10:24   Link #2335
Nightstriker

na you know what would be kool to see some babies poping out lol i think theyd both freak out and it would throw an awsome twist into the series lol
Old 2007-04-21, 13:17   Link #2336
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Then that wouldn't be the ending... Since a sudden ending at that kind of point wouldn't feel proper. Animes and mangas that abruptly end in that way tends to ruin the greatness of the story in my opinion.
Old 2007-04-21, 13:42   Link #2337
TigerII
Pilot in Training

But if it did not end with that, knowing this story, it would be broken off some how.

What, you want it to end with them married, kids, good paying job? Lol.

Another ending I thought of would be decades later and it shows yamato looking at old pictures remembering. Then Suzuka comes in and says what are you doing? He says just remembering the way I met you and how we got together.
Old 2007-04-21, 14:56   Link #2338
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
Another ending I thought of would be decades later and it shows yamato looking at old pictures remembering. Then Suzuka comes in and says what are you doing? He says just remembering the way I met you and how we got together.
...and she says, "yeah, you're still a baka!" and storms out of the room ...fin.
Old 2007-04-21, 22:24   Link #2339
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

So, pretty much similar to the Ichigo 100% approach? That one was kind of strange. It just felt like the writer gave up on the story and simply gave us the statement, "to hell with it." Good stories often end leaving the reader with the feeling that there was closure to the story, not the same feeling you get when you brake check in the middle of a highway with several cars behind you.
Old 2007-04-21, 22:50   Link #2340
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I would like that one. I mean not right away, just that could be the final ending. Like after they are though will college and the sort. I just don't want this to go on forever like Oh My Goddess is. That thing is like 20 years into it.
Closed Thread