nacer666

The others are ok but Takiko is crazy.
nacer666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-11, 22:33   Link #2322
noctis_lucis

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacer666 View Post
She's antagonist and well she isn't interested in Yakotora in that way I mean she didn't want to have his babies until now. Plus she wanted Natsume & Harutora as companions which is impossible now because of all what happened with Natsume's death.

What I really want to know it's the kind of relationship Hishamaru and Yakou had. Moreover, Yakou was as dense as Harutora and never realized her feelings and what will happen when Natsume and Harutora meet one more time a part of fixing the partial resurrection, a possible love triangle.
Old 2014-06-12, 02:47   Link #2323
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by noctis_lucis View Post
She's antagonist and well she isn't interested in Yakotora in that way I mean she didn't want to have his babies until now. Plus she wanted Natsume & Harutora as companions which is impossible now because of all what happened with Natsume's death.

What I really want to know it's the kind of relationship Hishamaru and Yakou had. Moreover, Yakou was as dense as Harutora and never realized her feelings and what will happen when Natsume and Harutora meet one more time a part of fixing the partial resurrection, a possible love triangle.
Until now? As in now she does want his babies? huhh
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 11:11   Link #2324
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacer666 View Post
She's driven, not crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
Until now? As in now she does want his babies? huhh
lol. I think your taking noctis too seriously. Takiko doesn't actual have any interest in him that way, not at least for the moment anyway, just strong respect. She like Genji is mainly following their ancestors desires using whatever methods necessary. Furthermore the Souma Clan and Yakou were once major allies who were striving for the same thing and Twin Horn was partly created to bring about that goal to reality. Takiko believes that just like her and Genji, Harutora and Natsume are too carrying out the same will as Yakou did in the past. It was Yakou who changed his mind at one point and likely for reasons she doesn't know or she does, but the goal is very controversial which may be the reason why Takiko can't talk about it.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 11:54   Link #2325
DarkDooM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
It was Yakou who changed his mind at one point and likely for reasons she doesn't know or she does, but the goal is very controversial which may be the reason why Takiko can't talk about it.
He never changed his mind. He's still following his goal. His methods (now as Harutora and before as Yakou) are simply different from Takikos.
Old 2014-06-12, 12:00   Link #2326
anonfr

Quote:
She's driven, not crazy.

lol. I think your taking noctis too seriously. Takiko doesn't actual have any interest in him that way, not at least for the moment anyway, just strong respect. She like Genji is mainly following their ancestors desires using whatever methods necessary. Furthermore the Souma Clan and Yakou were once major allies who were striving for the same thing and Twin Horn was partly created to bring about that goal to reality. Takiko believes that just like her and Genji, Harutora and Natsume are too carrying out the same will as Yakou did in the past. It was Yakou who changed his mind at one point and likely for reasons she doesn't know or she does, but the goal is very controversial which may be the reason why Takiko can't talk about it.
I was actually poking fun at the statement lol. It's a bit misleading! me thinks.

I do think she's a little crazy though. But, It is a craziness driven from strong motivation and ambition. Sort of like movie bad guys who let their moral lines get blurred to accomplish their goals. They're kind of crazy, but you get it's for what they consider a higher cause. I definitely don't see her as a completely calm and rational person who thinks things through, like Genji. Genji strikes me more as an ends justify the means type of person and he recognizes his own losses and percieved wrongdoings, whereas Takiko seems a bit fanatical in that she's accomplishing something great. I guess it doesn't sound that different... but I think it's different.
Old 2014-06-12, 12:57   Link #2327
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDooM View Post
He never changed his mind. He's still following his goal. His methods (now as Harutora and before as Yakou) are simply different from Takikos.
Are we really sure on that though? Yashamaru warned Takiko that may not necessary be the case:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vol: 8 Ch 3
"However, Princess. There's something you have to pay attention to. Will the awakened Tsuchimikado Yakou be the companion you anticipate?"

"What does that mean?"

"There's no way to check now what kind of magic Yakou used when he reincarnated himself. Yakou's reincarnation might not have the same will as the him from before. Please be sure to pay attention to that point."
Though in the end there is still not enough information, so it could be as you said.

Quote:
I was actually poking fun at the statement lol. It's a bit misleading! me thinks.

I do think she's a little crazy though. But, It is a craziness driven from strong motivation and ambition. Sort of like movie bad guys who let their moral lines get blurred to accomplish their goals. They're kind of crazy, but you get it's for what they consider a higher cause. I definitely don't see her as a completely calm and rational person who thinks things through, like Genji. Genji strikes me more as an ends justify the means type of person and he recognizes his own losses and percieved wrongdoings, whereas Takiko seems a bit fanatical in that she's accomplishing something great. I guess it doesn't sound that different... but I think it's different.
She always came off more rash to me than crazy to me. *shrug*

I completely agree on Genji though.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-06-12 at 13:24.
Old 2014-06-12, 13:53   Link #2328
The One-way Road

Quote:
She always came off more rash to me than crazy to me. *shrug*
It's been stated that she's a "shaman", whatever the difference between one of those and an onmyoji is. Yashamaru also stated that she might summon a god when she's in an unstable mental state, so I'd precieve her as a "created" crazy person, given her envirement and all. I mean, Kumomaru said that she's lonely, so it can be assumed she's not been around kids her age, but surrounded by adults that's feed her propaganda her entire life. Throughout brainwashing. A sheltered person with more powers that she should have who pushes her ideals upon the real world. It kind of gives me a feeling that she's what Harutora might have ended up as should he have been raised by the main house and manipulated by the O Agency.
The One-way Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 14:11   Link #2329
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One-way Road View Post
It's been stated that she's a "shaman", whatever the difference between one of those and an onmyoji is. Yashamaru also stated that she might summon a god when she's in an unstable mental state, so I'd precieve her as a "created" crazy person, given her envirement and all. I mean, Kumomaru said that she's lonely, so it can be assumed she's not been around kids her age, but surrounded by adults that's feed her propaganda her entire life. Throughout brainwashing. A sheltered person with more powers that she should have who pushes her ideals upon the real world. It kind of gives me a feeling that she's what Harutora might have ended up as should he have been raised by the main house and manipulated by the O Agency.
Great points, I completely agree. I'm not great at wording it accurately, but I do think Takiko has a few screws loose, but I completely agree that it's probably a product of her environment. She probably was raised to be exactly what she is, feeding into propaganda and what she believes her duty to be. If her upbringing was different she might've been a fairly normal person.

Iron Maw might be right where she's just rash though. For example, Suzuka was raised in a terrible environment, but Suzuka is very practical. She's very rational, she operates on common sense and she might be arguably the most intelligent of the initial "party". If she's not the most intelligent, I feel like she has the "quickest" mind, where she makes connections and puts things together very quickly and efficiently. But, even Suzuka who is notably intelligent, rational and very practical, was introduced into the series as basically a crazy person in the midst of a mental breakdown due to a traumatic background.

Takiko never had a chance I guess, regardless of how healthy her "Nature" might've been as a person, her "Nurture" probably superseded it.
Old 2014-06-12, 15:25   Link #2330
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
It's been stated that she's a "shaman", whatever the difference between one of those and an onmyoji is. Yashamaru also stated that she might summon a god when she's in an unstable mental state
I think that was referring to fact she like Suzuka has qualities of becoming a medium or is one which allows Takiko host a god in body due to her strong magic power. When Yashamaru was experimenting Suzuka this was his goal.
Old 2014-06-12, 15:25   Link #2331
noctis_lucis

Well the post about Takiko wants Yakotora's babies was kind of a joke and Takiko's fanatical behavior makes me remember another anime with a character like that.

Quote:
. A sheltered person with more powers that she should have who pushes her ideals upon the real world. It kind of gives me a feeling that she's what Harutora might have ended up as should he have been raised by the main house and manipulated by the O Agency.
Well I don't think so, well Yasuzumi did everything he could to avoid that result (the terrible future he foretold) and I also think Yako's will changed in one point in the past and that is the main reason to be against Kurahashi (the Agency) and Souma.
Old 2014-06-12, 15:37   Link #2332
The One-way Road

Quote:

Iron Maw might be right where she's just rash though. For example, Suzuka was raised in a terrible environment, but Suzuka is very practical. She's very rational, she operates on common sense and she might be arguably the most intelligent of the initial "party". If she's not the most intelligent, I feel like she has the "quickest" mind, where she makes connections and puts things together very quickly and efficiently. But, even Suzuka who is notably intelligent, rational and very practical, was introduced into the series as basically a crazy person in the midst of a mental breakdown due to a traumatic background.
That's what I meant about brainwashing. Takiko came from what we can assume is a loving enviroment unlike Suzuka who was experimented on and had her brother killed by her own father. She's been hurt by the dark side of onmyo world unlike Takiko who's been practically cuddled by it, hearing practically nothing but it's wonders.

I'd presume Takiko's rashness is the result of her zeal towards her goal that I feel is rather naive to be honest.
The One-way Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 19:58   Link #2333
Used Can

There are some mikos that work as mediums for gods I think.
Well, I haven't actually researched the matter, but remember some miko in Saki (the show about lesbians playing mahjong), who had huge tits, and worked as a medium for gods to acquire powers.

I think I've seen some other shows with mikos doing the same thing, but I only remember the one from Saki, because of he huge tits.
Old 2014-06-13, 09:59   Link #2334
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

RDG was a bit similar, the premise there was that the main girl was the latest in a long line of women who were temporarily possessed by either a god or a spirit that was close to being a god (I think, the show got a bit vague on it towards the end and implied something else).

And in any case, I always interpreted the "shaman/ancient princess" comments about Takkio to mean that she used an older style of magic than the rest of the cast does (going by the anime here, still working my way through the light novels).
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 14:46   Link #2335
mPervy
Professional NEET

Quote:
In vol 8. Specifically in the beginning of part 3 in Ch 4.
Ohh,, sorry! I missed that. I guess it's no wonder that she can't see what happen afterward.

Quote:
That's what I meant about brainwashing. Takiko came from what we can assume is a loving enviroment unlike Suzuka who was experimented on and had her brother killed by her own father. She's been hurt by the dark side of onmyo world unlike Takiko who's been practically cuddled by it, hearing practically nothing but it's wonders.

I'd presume Takiko's rashness is the result of her zeal towards her goal that I feel is rather naive to be honest.
I believe it was stated before that she was just a sheltered princess. That's why all her behaviors are strange.
mPervy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-14, 12:32   Link #2336
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Chapter 5 is out!

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-14, 12:42   Link #2337
Zilch_Saber
+ Demonic_Angel +
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Chapter 5 is out!
Yes, finally! Next chapter will be the start of Volume 10
Old 2014-06-14, 14:48   Link #2338
noctis_lucis

My heart beat really fast
So the scene when Natsume confesed again it really happened in the LN and Harutora still as Yakotora loves Natsume
Old 2014-06-14, 17:29   Link #2339
DarkDooM

Spoiler:
Old 2014-06-14, 17:30   Link #2340
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDooM View Post
Spoiler:
She amputated the fifth seal along with the part of her spiritual body it bound. this allowed her to regain her previous power, but now her very existence is unstable. She could still fight, but now we'll see her lag a lot more from now on.

Last edited by bakato; 2014-06-14 at 17:44.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasia bunko, harem, romance, supernatural