AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2017-05-27, 10:21   Link #23561
GDB

Hunt Quests are supposed to be for material drops, not exp. Exp is just a boobie prize.

That said, I would prefer a full hunt like the bone one to actually GET the boobie prize when I inevitably don't get the mat drop. Because I do agree, after the bone quest (and maybe the one after it), they really don't feel worth doing unless you're lucky.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-27, 10:41   Link #23562
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Hunt Quests are supposed to be for material drops, not exp. Exp is just a boobie prize.

That said, I would prefer a full hunt like the bone one to actually GET the boobie prize when I inevitably don't get the mat drop. Because I do agree, after the bone quest (and maybe the one after it), they really don't feel worth doing unless you're lucky.
I think you misunderstood my post. Yes we all know Hunt Quest is for mats drops but that rng for those mats is so abysmal it's better for me to concentrate on EXP dailies to level a few of my servants and maybe do a few interludes and strengthening quest on the side.

I do agree the bones Quest felt like true hunt quest when it rewards you in every run.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-27, 10:43   Link #23563
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
I think you misunderstood my post. Yes we all know Hunt Quest is for mats drops but that rng for those mats is so abysmal it's better for me to concentrate on EXP dailies to level a few of my servants and maybe do a few interludes and strengthening quest on the side.
Ehh, the Hearts one was pretty good though. I get at least 1 per run
Old 2017-05-27, 10:44   Link #23564
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Ehh, the Hearts one was pretty good though. I get at least 1 per run
That's your luck working. I got zero in every run.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-27, 11:26   Link #23565
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

OTOH I got nothing from the skeletons.... And at least you are not farming for certain yellow gems. The drop for those is even worse
Old 2017-05-27, 16:03   Link #23566
Jackster

Yeah i got Quetz (with Atalanta and NP2 Lolidusa + Gorgon), needed three more 10 rolls then i planed but finally a useful Rider.
Jackster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-27, 16:38   Link #23567
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

The only drawback of Quetz is that she needs NP up badly. At least with NP1 it is pretty weak.

Last edited by Nachtwandler; 2017-05-27 at 22:49.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-27, 19:50   Link #23568
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Since today seems to be a particularly bad day for farming the Hunting Quests, I figured I'd post the layout for the new Billy the Kid Strengthening Quest (the only one of the new ones I've unlocked so far due to lack of Lamps for Sanson):

Arrow 1
Spoiler for Battle 1/3:
Spoiler for Battle 2/3:
Spoiler for Battle 3/3:

Arrow 2
Spoiler for Battle 1/3:
Spoiler for Battle 2/3:
Spoiler for Battle 3/3:

Arrow 3
Spoiler for Battle 1/2:
Spoiler for Battle 2/2:
Old 2017-05-28, 10:21   Link #23569
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Meanwhile DW is still trying to fix Siegfried

https://twitter.com/fgo_english/stat...48721923985408
Old 2017-05-28, 11:36   Link #23570
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Meanwhile DW is still trying to fix Siegfried

https://twitter.com/fgo_english/stat...48721923985408
Just give him the Nerolympics defense buff lol
Old 2017-05-28, 11:50   Link #23571
GDB

Doesn't even need to be that much. Just give him the exact same passive they gave Kiara. Boom, done. His offense is horrible compared to other Sabers regardless due to his stats, so stop trying to make him offensive when he's supposed to be a tank.
Old 2017-05-28, 11:57   Link #23572
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Weekly Master Missions:
  • Complete all other Missions
  • Kill 15 Humanoids
  • Kill 15 Females
  • 9 Skill Gems
  • 3 Saber, Assassin, Berserker Skill Gems
  • 3 Archer, Caster Skill Gems
  • 3 Lancer, Rider Skill Gems
Simplest way to get the two kill quests is 2x Okeanos Bountiful Sea (36AP), which will get you 16 Humanoids and Females. Hopefully you pick up a few Knight Class skillgems while you do that (good luck). If not, just do the 10AP mat dailies (Archer got me all three in one run today).

As for today's Hunting Quest, it's three Caster Yakuza in the first battle and one-to-three Caster Sphinx in the second, so break out your QP farming teams...

Quote:
Doesn't even need to be that much. Just give him the exact same passive they gave Kiara. Boom, done. His offense is horrible compared to other Sabers regardless due to his stats, so stop trying to make him offensive when he's supposed to be a tank.
Problem is, he's supposed to be a top-tier badass in both offense and defense, in lore, and he's nowhere near on the former. I'd completely retool him offensively. Give him something closer to Alter's ATK stat, with a passive anti-Dragon skill similar to Kiara's anti-Ruler passive. Replace his Dragon Killer active skill with a taunt/defense up, and change his "extra damage to Dragon" NP overcharge to give him extra defense for three rounds. This way he would be an upper mid-tier damage dealer (top-tier versus Dragon) and an even better tank.

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2017-05-28 at 12:22.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-28, 12:22   Link #23573
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Problem is, he's supposed to be a top-tier badass in both offense and defense, in lore, and he's nowhere near on the former. I'd completely retool him offensively. Give him something closer to Alter's ATK stat, with a passive anti-Dragon skill similar to Kiara's anti-Ruler passive. Replace his Dragon Killer active skill with a taunt/defense up, and change his "extra damage to Dragon" NP overcharge to give him extra defense for three rounds. This way he would be an upper mid-tier damage dealer (top-tier versus Dragon) and an even better tank.
That ship has sailed. They aren't going to remake him from the ground up. You work with what you have, and what we have is a tank that cannot tank that keeps getting offensive buffs that only make him barely passable for his niche.

Also, no character is both a good offensive unit AND a tank. Pick one.
Old 2017-05-28, 12:49   Link #23574
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Holy moley, I just realized Hijikata needs 216 Cerebrospinal Fluid for his skills. Yan Qing isn't much better, at 180. Good thing no one else seems to need them...

Guess I know where all the Silver Apples I'm getting today are going to go...
Old 2017-05-28, 13:10   Link #23575
GDB

Quote:
Holy moley, I just realized Hijikata needs 216 Cerebrospinal Fluid for his skills.
...that's obscene. Luckily only his first skill is REALLY worth maxing. His third skill can probably sit at level 6, and his second skill barely looks worth investing in at all. Maybe level 6 just for the cool down reduction. Then you'd only need 72, at least.
Old 2017-05-28, 13:28   Link #23576
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
...that's obscene. Luckily only his first skill is REALLY worth maxing. His third skill can probably sit at level 6, and his second skill barely looks worth investing in at all. Maybe level 6 just for the cool down reduction. Then you'd only need 72, at least.
I need 72 just to max the first, which I think I already have, but I'd want to max the third as well. Even at full health, his crit damage with support Merlin buffs is insane. I've only got his third skill at 4, and he already does more on a single third attack Buster crit (250k) than he does with his NP when below half HP. I have to get really low on HP for him to do that much with his NP.

Can't wait for him to show up in the gacha again.
Old 2017-05-28, 13:45   Link #23577
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Skill levelling is a special kind of hell, that's for sure It still makes me worry about how much medals Aurthur needs for his skill ...

Sumanai's quest was just Sumanai in all the expected ways. I sort of did a double take at Balmung going from A+ to EX, for such a weak upgrade. da fuk?

Quote:
That ship has sailed. They aren't going to remake him from the ground up. You work with what you have, and what we have is a tank that cannot tank that keeps getting offensive buffs that only make him barely passable for his niche.

Also, no character is both a good offensive unit AND a tank. Pick one.
I agree largely with your point (It's super odd that they continue to try and make him more offensive when him having the second highest HP of any unit in the game makes him perfect to be a tank) but I disagree that the ship has sailed. There is still time to make him a unit that can be a tank, thanks to his third skill and now NP upgrade, have a niche of a tank that is strong vs. Dragon/Dragon Trait lancers.

He still has 2 skills (Golden Rule and Disengage) that can be upgraded to being something useful. Add a taunt effect to Golden Rule (and maybe even give him the effect Benkei's Bond CE has, so that he can NP spam) and give Disengage a 3 times Dodge/Invulnerability (and improve the healing, like by a lot), and that essentially fixes him.

Ideally, Sigfried future kit should be closer to what D'eon and Nero's kit currently are. Probably Nero since D'eon is purely defensive, but Nero is more smartly designed than Sigfried, so I don't know if they can rework him into being as survivable as she is.

It's not hopeless, but given the rate DW has been rolling the upgrades, it makes me think it will be a while before he becomes viable.

Quote:
-snip-
The saddest thing is that these nodes shows me how cool it would have been for this to have been a node rather than just a regular SQ. Or if SQ had some story attached to them rather than being just an upgrade mission.

This set up was just ripe for a westerner parody. Just with a genderbent Japanese Warlord and an English Mathematician/Criminal mastermind.

I do like that Thunderer's upgraded damage a lot at least.

Quote:
As for today's Hunting Quest, it's three Caster Yakuza in the first battle and one-three Caster Sphinx in the second, so break out your QP farming teams...
Another hunting quest, another batch of materials I don't need. Guess I'll just continue with farming nodes in the story and levelling my servants.

Other happening and whatnot. Congrats to the 2 people in my FL who managed to get Ishtar to Bond 10 and Eric (!) to Bond 10. I don't really have the set up to make use of Eric's CE (yet ...), but I sure can do this now!

Oh. Yeah. I'm going to like this a lot in the future.

In other news

-I max ascended Serenity now. I'm working on a lot of my backlog in terms of ascensions and bond and levelling in general, though I wonder how much I should be spending from my reserves with EoR chapter and Summer Rerun/2017 being around the corner.

-Progress on the servants bonding is going nicely.
Spoiler for Limited mostly:

Angra should be next, with Babbage being close by to Bond 8.

-I have been getting real lucky with the Ghost Lantern drops. Really lucky. I don't expect it to last for long.
Old 2017-05-28, 14:13   Link #23578
GDB

Quote:
I need 72 just to max the first, which I think I already have, but I'd want to max the third as well. Even at full health, his crit damage with support Merlin buffs is insane. I've only got his third skill at 4, and he already does more on a single third attack Buster crit (250k) than he does with his NP when below half HP. I have to get really low on HP for him to do that much with his NP.

Can't wait for him to show up in the gacha again.
It's more that I question how much more useful that 1 extra turn cool down and like, 90 more star weight will matter when at level 6 he'd already have something like 279 star weight. Guess it depends on if you run him with Archers/Riders or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
I agree largely with your point (It's super odd that they continue to try and make him more offensive when him having the second highest HP of any unit in the game makes him perfect to be a tank) but I disagree that the ship has sailed. There is still time to make him a unit that can be a tank, thanks to his third skill and now NP upgrade, have a niche of a tank that is strong vs. Dragon/Dragon Trait lancers.
The ship being giving him Saber Alter tier attack (ie: +2k attack), completely changing one of his active skills, and completely changing his NP's effect. That ship has sailed.
Old 2017-05-28, 14:19   Link #23579
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Oh, yeah, that particular ship sailed for sure.

Although they could always give him additional effects to his NP (that are useful) or stealth upgrade the damage modifier for the anti-Dragon to make him useful. But it would be much simpler (and better) if they make him a tank proper.
Old 2017-05-28, 15:27   Link #23580
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
It's more that I question how much more useful that 1 extra turn cool down and like, 90 more star weight will matter when at level 6 he'd already have something like 279 star weight. Guess it depends on if you run him with Archers/Riders or not.
Looking at the skill, it appears that he doesn't gain additional crit damage as the skill goes up like I thought, just star weight, but since I usually use him with Casters, that does actually make a decent difference. He's a Berserker, so even at double his lv10 bonus, he'd probably still lose out to Archers and Riders on star weight. The reason Lancelot is such a beast with his star weight skill is because he has a Saber's base. He does nowhere near the damage of Hijikata, though, so it somewhat evens out. Luckily Hiji is an excellent star generator (not Jack/Biketoki tier, but very good), so hitting 40-50 stars with a couple 2030 isn't too difficult even if it's not all Quick cards.

Been playing around on the Hunting Quest, and I'm curious if someone could two-turn it with an all Silver (plus Waver) team. With Alex, Ushi, and Medusa I came close, but the latter two are still only lvl 60 and have poor skills.

Tags
fgo, gacha, ios, type-moon