AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2010-11-08, 23:18   Link #2341
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
I would have preferred they show the good guys not getting totally beat down, but I understand how things went from the manga, so not surprised, heh. Still, would have liked to see them put up a bit more of a fight. Can't comment on too much else without spoilering, but:

Spoiler for spoiler:
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 23:43   Link #2342
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechR View Post
I imagined him with the narrator's voice. (Hate that narrator sooo much...)
Why.. It's Fuhrer King Bradley...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:
Spoiler for .:
Old 2010-11-09, 00:07   Link #2343
MechR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite_Coke View Post
Why.. It's Fuhrer King Bradley...
Really? Poor guy, I heard he's a badass. Does the VA use the same voice for him?

Quote:
Spoiler for .:
Spoiler:
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 00:28   Link #2344
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I can't help but think of Ouran Host Club when those 3 Blue Pegasus guys walk on screen...

Dumb question, but - Eve is a guy, right? I assume so, but he's rather petite with a female seiyuu, and "Eve" is a weird name for a guy.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 00:38   Link #2345
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Dumb question, but - Eve is a guy, right? I assume so, but he's rather petite with a female seiyuu, and "Eve" is a weird name for a guy.
Yes. Petite young boys are typically voiced by female seiyuus, after all, to enhance the 'boyish, youthful charm' of a host, as opposed to the flamboyant top host style of Hibiki or the tall, dark, cool and silent tsundere Ren.

As for his name... we have stuff like Chico=C=Hammitt and Ichiya Wanderlei Kotobuki.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 00:58   Link #2346
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Well of course the female seiyuu rule is obvious enough. The only thing that threw me off was the name. But then, I guess "Honey" isn't the most masculine name either!
Old 2010-11-09, 02:08   Link #2347
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
I think it's actually Mystogan, but I could be wrong.
Yeah it seemed to be Mystogan. Though really that doesn't help us much since we know almost nothing about Mystogan except his appearance being identical to Jellal. Maybe the introduction of Wendy will help reveal some of the mysterious surrounding that guy.
Old 2010-11-09, 03:29   Link #2348
larethian

I'm still perplexed by the fact that there is no subforum for fairy tail, given the large amount of content now available, the potential character discussion, and especially speculative potential of the story, since Mashima had dropped so many potential hooks and plot expansion material all over the place. I, for one, would like to speculate on the 'dragonslayer' thing, and the chances of Lucy collecting all 12 zodiac keys and becoming an 'S' class mage one day.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 03:55   Link #2349
Anone

i just confused why no one here ever wonder in ep 53 why Angel can immediately appear with OS together though she was wayyyyyyy back in the meeting point beating up Ichiya and Jura???
So the real name of the female cat is Charles??? o.O
Btw, major ownage of alliance team this ep.
Anone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 03:59   Link #2350
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
I'm still perplexed by the fact that there is no subforum for fairy tail, given the large amount of content now available, the potential character discussion, and especially speculative potential of the story, since Mashima had dropped so many potential hooks and plot expansion material all over the place. I, for one, would like to speculate on the 'dragonslayer' thing, and the chances of Lucy collecting all 12 zodiac keys and becoming an 'S' class mage one day.
It's not that active over here. Plus, despite having a lot of episodes and more coming, it kinda took a while to simmer in the beginning, so it's kinda stuck in its rut now like this.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 04:02   Link #2351
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
i just confused why no one here ever wonder in ep 53 why Angel can immediately appear with OS together though she was wayyyyyyy back in the meeting point beating up Ichiya and Jura???
Well, Ichiya only stalled for a minute or so to take out Jura, she wasn't that far behind them. Maybe Cobra gave her a ride
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 04:15   Link #2352
Anone

well...the Cobra ride thingy did make sense....LOL... damn this plot hole ^^
Anone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 04:33   Link #2353
dave1992
Hinagiku Fans

Send a message via Yahoo to dave1992
So that white cat is a tsundere? and happy have to deal with that tsundere personality? that's ironic to know, knowing that tsundere queen is indeed voiced happy...
dave1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 06:32   Link #2354
MechR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Well, Ichiya only stalled for a minute or so to take out Jura, she wasn't that far behind them. Maybe Cobra gave her a ride
On his giant snake
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 06:40   Link #2355
blewin

the episode started off pretty slow but then it picked up speed after the break. Seeing the total defeat of the alliance in animated form surely puts things in perspective. Defeated just like that! (great music for the Erza fight by the way) Erza managed to hold up well but she didn't last long without any backups.

Charles and Happy's meeting is much more hilarious than in the manga. Love at first sight! LOL. Lucy's reaction to Happy is also fantastic.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 07:40   Link #2356
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1992 View Post
So that white cat is a tsundere? and happy have to deal with that tsundere personality? that's ironic to know, knowing that tsundere queen is indeed voiced happy...
Hmm hard to say about that cat right now. Can somewhat understand her. I mean Happy isn't even wearing clothes, has he no shame ?
Old 2010-11-09, 09:58   Link #2357
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite_Coke View Post
Spoiler for .:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
I wonder that, too. I mean, the manga thread has over 4k posts and is where most discussion on things takes place, mostly because the manga is far ahead of the anime. This is a rapidly growing series in lore, plot, and fandom, so it would be nice to have one sub-forum to discuss everything. Just being limited to anime and manga threads means it's harder to discuss theories, post fanart, discuss seiyuu, etc. without derailing the threads or taking over the discussion.

So all totaled, Fairy Tail has almost 6k posts, whereas the entire subforum for Ore no Imouto has 1-2k posts? Fairy Tail could definitely use it's own subforum, given all the theorymaking that could be done with magic, the characters, the plot, etc.

Lastly, I've figured it out! Lucy uses summons and a whip... it's obvious then, that Lucy is the reincarnation of Rydia from FF4!
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 10:03   Link #2358
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Hmm hard to say about that cat right now. Can somewhat understand her. I mean Happy isn't even wearing clothes, has he no shame ?
Hey - he has a handkerchief around his neck!

So we have a boy named Eve and a tsundere girl (cat) named Charles, who's romantically linked to the tsundere queen seiyuu. Sounds about right.
Old 2010-11-09, 11:08   Link #2359
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
I wonder that, too. I mean, the manga thread has over 4k posts and is where most discussion on things takes place, mostly because the manga is far ahead of the anime. This is a rapidly growing series in lore, plot, and fandom, so it would be nice to have one sub-forum to discuss everything. Just being limited to anime and manga threads means it's harder to discuss theories, post fanart, discuss seiyuu, etc. without derailing the threads or taking over the discussion.

So all totaled, Fairy Tail has almost 6k posts, whereas the entire subforum for Ore no Imouto has 1-2k posts? Fairy Tail could definitely use it's own subforum, given all the theorymaking that could be done with magic, the characters, the plot, etc.

Lastly, I've figured it out! Lucy uses summons and a whip... it's obvious then, that Lucy is the reincarnation of Rydia from FF4!
Well there is definitely plenty of potential. The image forum alone would be pretty busy with so many characters in the series. Definitely getting a lot deeper with the various magic, the mysteries around the dragons, Zeref, guild system. Character threads for the main group could work pretty well. Definitely tough to pick up on an older conversation since you'd have to hunt through the pages to find where things left off. But in the end up to the people above to make the call. Though I'd be behind it.

Great call on Lucy being the reincarnation of Rydia. Didn't think of that .
Old 2010-11-09, 13:35   Link #2360
Simonsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anone View Post
So the real name of the female cat is Charles??? o.O
Btw, major ownage of alliance team this ep.
well maybe she hitched a ride on the pegasus ship

you know he and oracion sis already took it over, then they picked her up when the group ran off to meet them. then they blew it up and thus are seen walking away from the wreckage towards the alliance
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen