AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2007-04-21, 21:51   Link #2341
yukumushio

Yay! I just finished the series, I have a question, does Kyon like Haruhi? This is a question for those futher in the novels. Thanks!
yukumushio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 22:11   Link #2342
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Well, I am up to 9 and at first he really could not stand her, and he still denies liking her. But his actions say other wise. At one point she went missing and he became near histerical trying to find her. I think it is more of an unconscious liking to her. He will only opening say he likes Miruku, but he knows that will never work. She will have to return to her time one day. Also as the stories go along, he does not insult her much.

So short answer in my opinion: yes, he just doesn't know it.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 22:49   Link #2343
X207
Gamyūsa

he does like her, he's just denying it atm. even so she isnt at the point where she'd consider that a possibiliy be cause she denies it too and think it would be a joke
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 23:24   Link #2344
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Yeah, don't really expect much. Both of them are just blowing it off but I feel further in the future(Around the end of the series) I am guessing they will finally accept it.
Old 2007-04-21, 23:55   Link #2345
X207
Gamyūsa

lol it sorta sounds like a kagome-inuyasha style of relationships where they keep denying it and later on admit near end
Old 2007-04-22, 00:07   Link #2346
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Ugh, don't mention Inuyasha. I watched that forever and was utterly disappointed by the end.

But yeah, I agree. I am guessing we will see it in the end. I really don't think Kyon has a choice. I mean she wants him and if he leaves, bye bye world.
Old 2007-04-22, 10:35   Link #2347
X207
Gamyūsa

ya the end also disappointed me cause the story was far fom over, even so things could be starting the 1st steps to wrap up the manga.

i think the last haruhi volume will be mostly about those 2 accepting their feelings towards each other in their last year at the school
Old 2007-04-22, 20:39   Link #2348
yukumushio

Sorry, I'm currently reading the short stories from the Haruhi Novels, I'm gonna go back to the main story after a bit, but I have a question, What was the incident 3 years ago that caused all the espers, aliens, time travlers and stuff to exist? (Tanabata Incident?) If it was, how did that trigger data explosions and all that stuff. If it's something revealed later in the novel, that is, after Volume 6, please tell me so (but not reveal what it is). If it's something that I missed or forgot that was BEFORE Volume 6, what was it? lol Thanks.
yukumushio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 20:48   Link #2349
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukumushio View Post
Sorry, I'm currently reading the short stories from the Haruhi Novels, I'm gonna go back to the main story after a bit, but I have a question, What was the incident 3 years ago that caused all the espers, aliens, time travlers and stuff to exist? (Tanabata Incident?) If it was, how did that trigger data explosions and all that stuff. If it's something revealed later in the novel, that is, after Volume 6, please tell me so (but not reveal what it is). If it's something that I missed or forgot that was BEFORE Volume 6, what was it? lol Thanks.
Short answer: Haruhi.

Long answer: Depending on who you believe.

Since you think aliens and time travelers were artificially created, am I right in suggesting you are currently following Itsuki's line of thought?

I strongly disagree with you on that front, only because "Haruhi made everything" is too boring an explanation. I have trust in the author in making it more interesting than that.
Old 2007-04-22, 21:08   Link #2350
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Yeah, I don't think she made everything. There is alot more to it than she just made it all.
Old 2007-04-22, 21:11   Link #2351
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I strongly disagree with you on that front, only because "Haruhi made everything" is too boring an explanation. I have trust in the author in making it more interesting than that.
*Insert shameless plug for Kyonism here*

Tanigawa is always hinting at things long before they happen. Heck, even idle conversation could refer to events two volumes ahead. Heck, it's possible that he's already given several hints on the source of Haruhi's powers (one thing that has been almost completely ignored so far) but no one sees it because it doesn't look anything like forshadowing. I'm not sure if it's genius or part of the freedom of making it up as you go along, but it makes it a darn enjoyable read.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 21:16   Link #2352
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
*Insert shameless plug for Kyonism here*

Tanigawa is always hinting at things long before they happen. Heck, even idle conversation could refer to events two volumes ahead. Heck, it's possible that he's already given several hints on the source of Haruhi's powers (one thing that has been almost completely ignored so far) but no one sees it because it doesn't look anything like forshadowing. I'm not sure if it's genius or part of the freedom of making it up as you go along, but it makes it a darn enjoyable read.

Well, I also made it clear in the past that I don't agree with Kyonists either.

IMHO, "Kyon made everything" is only marginally less boring than "Haruhi made everything", after all.
Old 2007-04-22, 21:24   Link #2353
lftwgr

I can't read Japanese so I rely on the translations at Baka-tsuki. If I'm not mistaken,

Spoiler for My Understanding of the Novels Vol 1-6:
lftwgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 21:28   Link #2354
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lftwgr View Post
I can't read Japanese so I rely on the translations at Baka-tsuki. If I'm not mistaken, if I'm not mistaken,

Spoiler for My Understanding of the Novels Vol 1-6:
No. The "big bang" was not able to be reached becaue no one could travel to that exact incident, thus no one we know caused it (yet? )

When Kyon made his first trip, it had already happened. So he didn't cause it.
Old 2007-04-22, 21:44   Link #2355
lftwgr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
No. The "big bang" was not able to be reached becaue no one could travel to that exact incident, thus no one we know caused it (yet? )

When Kyon made his first trip, it had already happened. So he didn't cause it.
It didn't happen at Tanabata (past)? I always thought it did.
Guess I'll have to go back and read the novels when I'm free...
lftwgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-23, 15:51   Link #2356
ellifeedn
Thinker

Spoiler:
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-23, 17:37   Link #2357
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

The latest guest "Rant" on ANN's Answerman page is an exposé of the supposed dreadful truth about the over-hyped lameness of Suzumiya Haruhi. The funny thing is, as you read the moans about the climax being in the middle of the series and the lame duck ending, it dawns on you that this guy dogmatically decided to watch the series in Haruhi order simply because it was chronologically correct...

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Samatarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-23, 20:11   Link #2358
Zeytoo0

Send a message via MSN to Zeytoo0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samatarou View Post
The latest guest "Rant" on ANN's Answerman page is an exposé of the supposed dreadful truth about the over-hyped lameness of Suzumiya Haruhi. The funny thing is, as you read the moans about the climax being in the middle of the series and the lame duck ending, it dawns on you that this guy dogmatically decided to watch the series in Haruhi order simply because it was chronologically correct...
Ahaha, lol, what a guy :P

You cant review shit if you haven't seen it (properly at least)
Zeytoo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-23, 20:48   Link #2359
cmage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeytoo0 View Post
Ahaha, lol, what a guy :P

You cant review shit if you haven't seen it (properly at least)
I think he watched it both ways but chose that as a point to strengthen his argument. Obviously he doesn't get that it's parodying the character stereotypes, etc.
cmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-23, 21:49   Link #2360
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Personally, I thought the show was meh. The novels are much better.

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen